Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Film D23: Upcoming Disney Animation and Pixar Movies

D23Expo2017-art.png

As Kingdom Hearts fans, we're all excited for D23 because of the new trailer that's going to drop, however, I feel as though we should we should have a discussion about the upcoming announcements from Disney Animation and Pixar, because that's always my highlight for D23. I did this topic in 2015, and I'll do it today. So without further ado, here's what to expect for Disney Animation and Pixar.

Disney Animation

Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2 (2018)

Frozen 2 (2019)

Gigantic (2020)

Pixar

Coco (2017)

The Incredibles 2 (2018)

Toy Story 4 (TBC)

Og course, there's surprises, and some movies may have a date change (I swear to god if Gigantic gets delayed further...), but here's the overall lineup. What are thoughts, and what are you excited for?

Edited by Guest

I'm excited for Coco! I think it looks really cute. I'm also interested in Toy Story 4. I actually really like Frozen, but I don't find it necessary for a second one. Just not feeling it, you know?

Coco has me most interested because it's the closest movie to release, Wreck-It Ralph 2 also has a lot of comedic opportunities if Mario, Mega Man and Sonic are in the movie. As far as Frozen 2 goes, I'm intrigued more than anything, what could you possibly make a theatrical sequel out of regarding the story that goes beyond a mere cash grab?

I'm going to cry if they don't talk about Gigantic. Alpha, have you heard all the trouble it's causing for Spain - Epcot right?

Edit:
Well... that was a letdown.

I'd give Pixar a B, but DAS get a D :(

No Frozen 2, no Gigantic, no new announcements, and it seems for WIR2, they'd rather awkwardly push their own IP than shell out money for fun cameos :/

Edited by James Lutz

On the Disney Animated Classics side, I'm most excited for Wreck-It Ralph 2, but I honestly would've wanted it to focus on console gaming since the first one focused on arcade gaming, but hey, the premise of Ralph on the Internet sounds fun, and the description of the footage shown at D23 sounds promising! So I won't complain! Frozen 2 also sounds cool, but it's really hit or miss for me. I thought that the first one did a good job encapsulating its message, so I don't know how they'll go about a second one! And Gigantic is still a mystery, but I'm looking forward to any developments on that in the future! :D

As for Pixar's side of things, The Incredibles 2 obviously takes the spot as my most anticipated upcoming Pixar film! I loved the first one, and ever since the end, I think it's safe to say that all of us were dying for a sequel, and now, so many years later, we're just a few months away from getting the film! Gahhh, so much hype! Coco also looks promising, and while I was a little skeptical about Toy Story 4 at first, I've warmed up to the idea of the film, so long as they retain what makes Toy Story amazing! :D

On the Disney Animated Classics side, I'm most excited for Wreck-It Ralph 2, but I honestly would've wanted it to focus on console gaming since the first one focused on arcade gaming, but hey, the premise of Ralph on the Internet sounds fun, and the description of the footage shown at D23 sounds promising! So I won't complain! Frozen 2 also sounds cool, but it's really hit or miss for me. I thought that the first one did a good job encapsulating its message, so I don't know how they'll go about a second one (1)! And Gigantic is still a mystery, but I'm looking forward to any developments on that in the future! :D

As for Pixar's side of things, The Incredibles 2 obviously takes the spot as my most anticipated upcoming Pixar film! I loved the first one, and ever since the end, I think it's safe to say that all of us were dying for a sequel (2), and now, so many years later, we're just a few months away from getting the film! Gahhh, so much hype! Coco also looks promising, and while I was a little skeptical about Toy Story 4 at first, I've warmed up to the idea of the film, so long as they retain what makes Toy Story amazing! :D

1) Rumors say that Frozen 2 might focus (???) on Hans's redemption  :ohmy:  :O

2) And to be featured in KH3 as well, right? :3  :biggrin:

1) Right? Also, the sequel really needs some focus on Elsa, because, despite being one of the central characters in the story, in my opinion, the first movie focused 95% on Anna.

Yeah. Maybe one of the film's arcs could be about how Elsa has come to grips with her powers, and perhaps maybe delve into a little adventure of her own! By all means feature Anna as well, but have equal screen time for both, ya know?

I'm going to cry if they don't talk about Gigantic. Alpha, have you heard all the trouble it's causing for Spain - Epcot right?

Edit:

Well... that was a letdown.

I'd give Pixar a B, but DAS get a D :(

No Frozen 2, no Gigantic, no new announcements, and it seems for WIR2, they'd rather awkwardly push their own IP than shell out money for fun cameos :/

I felt slightly more optimistic about the showing. Yeah, Olaf's Frozen Adventure wasn't all that necessary of a slot considering the fact that it's just a theatrical short, but outside of that, glad to see that DisneyToon Studios still exists and is creating something original as opposed to another Tinkerbell or Planes movie (DisneyToon Studios should really take a shot at an Oswald feature film). When it comes to Wreck-It Ralph 2, just because it's based on the internet doesn't mean that video game character still can't cameo, it just means that the subject matter's shifted.

And truth be told, despite Gigantic not showing, I think that's a smart move. The movie's registered for a 2020 release, it'd be wise to hold it off for D23 2019.

On the Disney Animated Classics side, I'm most excited for Wreck-It Ralph 2, but I honestly would've wanted it to focus on console gaming since the first one focused on arcade gaming, but hey, the premise of Ralph on the Internet sounds fun, and the description of the footage shown at D23 sounds promising! So I won't complain! Frozen 2 also sounds cool, but it's really hit or miss for me. I thought that the first one did a good job encapsulating its message, so I don't know how they'll go about a second one! And Gigantic is still a mystery, but I'm looking forward to any developments on that in the future! :D

As for Pixar's side of things, The Incredibles 2 obviously takes the spot as my most anticipated upcoming Pixar film! I loved the first one, and ever since the end, I think it's safe to say that all of us were dying for a sequel, and now, so many years later, we're just a few months away from getting the film! Gahhh, so much hype! Coco also looks promising, and while I was a little skeptical about Toy Story 4 at first, I've warmed up to the idea of the film, so long as they retain what makes Toy Story amazing! :D

Yeah, I think the shift in subject matter has jaded people, because it's the only good motion picture based on video games that's good. So to change that would be alienating for the gamer fans. Still, the people who attended stated that Wreck-It Ralph 2 stole the show entirely. It's so clever how The Incredibles 2 is only a minute after the first film. I think that's the shortest time lapse in cinematic history. And with Toy Story 4, Josh Cooley is a talented director, so I trust his direction for the movie.

Coco is the closest movie to being released hence why I'm not talking much about it, but it does look promising. I can't wait to see it.

Rumors say that Frozen 2 might focus (???) on Hans's redemption  :ohmy:  :O Also, the sequel really needs some focus on Elsa, because, despite being one of the central characters in the story, in my opinion, the first movie focused 95% on Anna.

I have a good feeling that Elsa will be the protagonist for Frozen 2, Pixar switched protagonists for Cars 2. Anna had 95% of the screen time in the first Frozen because she was the main character. Hans was Anna's former love interest before he ended up being the villain, Kristoff was Anna's current love interest, that's why the story revolved around her, because it was her story.

And yeah, I heard news about Hans redemption too. How are they going to pull that off? and who's going to replace him as the villain of the Frozen franchise?

Yeah, I think the shift in subject matter has jaded people, because it's the only good motion picture based on video games that's good. So to change that would be alienating for the gamer fans. Still, the people who attended stated that Wreck-It Ralph 2 stole the show entirely. It's so clever how The Incredibles 2 is only a minute after the first film. I think that's the shortest time lapse in cinematic history. And with Toy Story 4, Josh Cooley is a talented director, so I trust his direction for the movie.

Coco is the closest movie to being released hence why I'm not talking much about it, but it does look promising. I can't wait to see it.

Well, as long as Disney can pull off an amazing story the way they did with the first Wreck-It-Ralph, and as long as they respect the awesome cameos such as in the first film, then I'm sure it'll be a hit! And yes, I agree! I honestly thought Incredibles II would take place years after the first one, since there's a PS2 game called Rise Of The Underminer that dealt with said villain. So for the film to take place literally where the first one ended is surprising! I'm excited as hell either way! :D 

And well, I'm very excited to see footage of Toy Story 4 whenever it's revealed!

Yah, Coco does seem awesome! I'm sure it'll be another home run for Pixar! :D