Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Really, I was waiting four years for a game after KH2, which turned out to be Coded. Then, DDD released two years after that. Ever since KH3's announcement in 2013 though, I've been waiting for that to come out. So you're kind of right I haven't waited 10 years...I've waited 4+ so far.

I guess one could say I've waited 10 years for it. But I don't really think it's been ten years literally... 

(In my POV if you will): But after 2, came 358/2 Days, then Re:Coded. I wasn't aware that Japan has "Coded" for their Cell Phone (Due to me possibly being under a strict rule of using the internet for school only--Two words: Step Mother...), till the year I've started going on the internet with my own laptop. ​Then, BBS. And then DDD. 

Despite the titles piling up like how it is, I wasn't mad at them for not making 3 after the second. I guess I had it in my mind, there are a lot of things that needs to be covered before 3. Better yet saying, the Kingdom Hearts series is so mysterious, one doesn't really know what Kingdom Hearts title is coming next. One could say, after Kingdom Hearts 4 is KH5. But we don't really know if it's going to be a  titled or a numbered game that will come out next. 

So, I guess I waited a number of years when they revealed the first KH3 trailer. So I guess 4+ years is the correct answer. 

Edited by RikuFangirl2008

I don't have time to watch your video, but yes I actually have waited 10 years for a KH3 title, just not the same one they are making. I wanted a game with the name of Kingdom Hearts 3 but I didn't know what type of game it would be or what it would be about, just that I waited for a game to be titled Kingdom Hearts 3 for 10 years, I didn't wait for what it turns out to be, but just wanting a title with the name it has. So yes, I have actually waited 10 years for a KH3 title, just not the same thing as the one being made, as I just wanted a title with the name of Kingdom Hearts 3 to be released.

yeeaahh... no. just no. saing there were more games inbetween does not say people weren't waiting for KH3. Even going by the logic that there could have been one inbetween game like CoM was between KH1 and KH2, no one wouold've expected it would take this long for them to even announce KH3.

just because something hasn't been announced or confirmed, doesn't mean you can't be anticipating it. KH2 clearly set the stage for more games, and since hat was a numbered title, people only assume the next one would be 3.

Ah, I see what you're doing here! This is a good video to catch casual fans up to speed on the whole Xehanort Saga as a whole! I've always said that the supposed "spin-offs" aren't spin-offs, they're just non-numbered titles, but they are important to the series because they are what weave the story together! But I'm sure that most people have played all the games, so this shouldn't be too much of a problem! Still, it was nice of you to make this video, that way, casual KH fans can get caught up to speed!

Even though KHIII was announced in 2013, though, I still count myself as one of the people whom have waited for Kingdom Hearts III since 2006! I mean sure, it wasn't in development then, but when I saw the ending when Sora, Riku and Kairi read the King's letter, I always assumed that the next step would be Kingdom Hearts III! Over the years, I saw this wasn't the case, but I didn't have a problem with it, because we just kept getting games that expanded on the lore of the series as a whole, and that's always been something I've loved about the KH games! It's like watching an anime! But yes, I was always keeping my eyes peeled for a KHIII, so technically, I have been waiting 11 years, but realistically, it's been 4, since the game was officially announced in 2013!

I got KH2 from my dad all the way back in 2007 so i kinda have been waiting for KH3 for exactly 10 years. Although you have to keep in mind that I beat KH2 3 years after i got it (you can thank the Demyx, Xaldin, Xigbar and Siax boss fights for that) so i've really only been waiting for 7 years.

Edited by Finn and vigor

Awesome video and I completely agree with you. Back then when I was a kid I play Kingdom Hearts 1, Chain of Memories, and Kingdom Hearts 2 back to back. Then after finishing Kingdom Hearts 2 that's when I actually started to wait for Kingdom Hearts 3. But all that change when Nomura made an announcement that he was going to release three Kingdom Hearts games, 358/2 Days in 2009, Birth by Sleep in 2010, and Re:Coded in 2011. And ever since that announcement I waited for 358/2 Days, Birth by Sleep, and Re:Coded and no longer waited for Kingdom Hearts 3. I never waited for Kingdom Hearts 3 until after I beat 2.8 Final Chapter which was like a few months ago. After finish playing my 2.8 collection that's when I officially waited for Kingdom Hearts 3. Again great video man. :)

Awesome video and I completely agree with you. Back then when I was a kid I play Kingdom Hearts 1, Chain of Memories, and Kingdom Hearts 2 back to back. Then after finishing Kingdom Hearts 2 that's when I actually started to wait for Kingdom Hearts 3. But all that change when Nomura made an announcement that he was going to release three Kingdom Hearts games, 358/2 Days in 2009, Birth by Sleep in 2010, and Re:Coded in 2011. And ever since that announcement I waited for 358/2 Days, Birth by Sleep, and Re:Coded and no longer waited for Kingdom Hearts 3. I never waited for Kingdom Hearts 3 until after I beat 2.8 Final Chapter which was like a few months ago. After finish playing my 2.8 collection that's when I officially waited for Kingdom Hearts 3. Again great video man. :)

Thanks, glad you enjoyed. Your situation is perfectly to me how it should be. Cause a lot of people complain about waiting 10 years when we have all this stuff in between that is essential to lead to KH3.

I didn't watch your video but I get what you're trying to tell people here. But I would like to point out one thing. Some people have waited ten years for KH3. The question isn't "Have you really waited 10 years for KH3?" It's actually "Have you really wasted your time waiting 10 years for kH3?"

KH3 was never announced nor confirmed until E3 2013. For those of you who've waited before that, you have no one to blame but yourself. Don't try to push the blame to Nomura or SE.

The ending and secret ending to KH1 actually teased KHCoM and technically KH358/2 Days (not KH2 as the scene was shown as flashbacks). KHCoM was the one which teased KH2.

The ending and secret ending to KH2 actually teased KHcoded, KHDDD, and KHBbS. KHDDD, KH0.2, and KHχBC were the ones which teased KH3. Not exactly teasers but prologues.

So you see, none of the numbered titles teased the next numbered title. There are also no official sources which confirmed that it's in development before E3 2013. To wait for an unannounced numbered title when there are many other non-spin-offs, is just not right.

To wait for an unannounced title, any title at all, and then complain that it's not coming out, is simply idiotic.

Edited by Kenneth Choo

I've been hoping for KH3 for 8 years and waiting for kh3 4 years. 

I've started playing the games after the release of KH1. So after the release of KH2 I immediately bought it. ( I wasn't aware of Chain of Memories that time).
So yeah after finishing KH2 I wanted of course MORE Kingdom Hearts. And I got, Days, BBS Re Coded And DDD. 

Not until 2013 it was never (Really) confirmed that KH3 was going to happend. Yet Nomura talked alot about KH3 before announcing it.

So in a way. I've been Hoping for a game called KH3 for 8 years, and waiting for it for 4 years.