Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Jose Alamo who is a really reliable source (leaked somethings who turned out to be right) 

his twitter: https://twitter.com/jose_strife?lang=en

He says the following things: 

"And it seems that Nomura continues in its thirteen (never better, badumtss) of not advancing with the development of KH3 by its "perfectionism"."

"If everything goes according to plan, there will be KH3 trailer at E3 and the game will be released in 2018. It will be released in 2018, even if it is not finished."

"It seems that working on a KH consoles for the Osaka team has been exhausting."

"And, on the other hand, Nomura seems more interested in what will come after KH3 before KH3 itself."

"The development team of KH3 was obsessed with pulling a trailer last April and launch it at the end of the year with cuts."

"And, to no one's surprise, this is all the fault of Versus' development hell."

"All these details about KH3 come with 1-2 weeks of delay. Keep it in mind, because in the house of SE things go fast and change."

"The presentation at E3 is almost confirmed and Nomura should be in the event somehow or another."

"As many of you know, KH2, BBS and 3D had cropped content, so it's nothing new in KH. Everything planned will not be in 3, simple"

And once again I'm just waiting for Nomura and his favorite quote.

"Wait a little while longer"

If this is indeed truth, then I wouldn't be surprised. I've come to expect those kinds of things from Nomura.

I don't believe the part saying he will have it released even if unfinished. If everything is working out fine and things are on schedule, then it can't be unfinished. I would like to see the trailer at E3 and hope it comes early 2018, but obviously I am not holding my breath.

if there is another final mix coming after KH3 i doubt Square is gonna make it exclusive to Japan. Nomura said in that Message in the 1.5 art book that he regretted releasing KH1final mix only in Japan so he was excited to finally release it with the 1.5 collection so that make me believe that if this is true and they make a KH3 final mix it's gonna be out in the west as well. I can't say the same for the Ace Attorney games tho lol.

"It will be released in 2018 even if it is not finished" Firetruck no. This is my favourite series of all time, it had better be finished at release.

As for the Final Mix stuff, it should be DLC. Much easier and cheaper to distribute. Assuming there is a Final Mix.

It's still just a rumor though. I don't really want to rely on dubious sources even if the person did get correct information before. I remember all too vividly what happened the last time everyone trusted a seemingly reliable source and then Square went "no, we never said that. You should have known better than to trust an unoffical source on the internet." (D23 Japan 2015, anyone?)

Regardless of whether this is true or not, at this point nothing of this is confirmed. Either way, I doubt there will be a Final Mix game anymore in the time of DLCs. It is so much easier to distribute content this way nowadays without needing to do a lot of marketing.

Let's just wait until Square says something. It seems terribly unwise to say they will even publish an incomplete game way in advance. I doubt any company would admit to doing that. They do it, but usually they don't announce their games as unfinished.

Even if there has been cut content, no KH game has ever been released entirely incomplete. Yes, the Final Mix versions had scenes added later and some content will always be dropped during development, but it has never been anything too drastic. Are there plot holes? Yes. Will there be DLCs adding cutscenes later? Most likely. But the story itself had never been incomplete in the original games. There can always be scenes to add to the story and not everything is explained well enough, but I doubt they will publish an entirely incomplete game.

Edited by Merilly

"They can't be unfinished, they're finally releasing after 10+ years! Like, 70% of the story is finished, and they've already got a playable demo, right?"

-XV flashbacks. Yeah, I'm still bitter.

Adjusting scope and cutting content to focus on quality is a normal part of game development. Please do not lose your cool when they say that the game is unfinished. Games rarely include everything from pre production planning and even when a game is actively in production content is still dropped from the game.

I seriously hope this isn't true otherwise its shaping up to be another Versus XIII disaster. Nomura needs to realize that nothing can be perfect and faults are a given especially in game development. No doubt Nomura is super talented and is a mastermind but i am seriously starting to doubt his ability to direct a team especially for huge projects like KH3 and FF7R. I am still kinda salty about how he handled Versus XIII's development which is why i am so skeptical about this whole situation 

Yeah calling bull on this. Just cause this guy thought he got stuff right before doesn't mean he's on the ball this time. As someone mentioned already, everybody trusted this one rumor spread by this one "reliable source" and it turned out to be completely false. The way all of this is phrased, I'm betting the same will happen again. It's contradictory to try and make a game "perfect" and yet release it as "incomplete". I understand there's a difference between what you set out to do and what you end up coming back with, but the gap between those two tends to be relatively small. And even if this did turn out like FF XV, Square never marketed it as "incomplete" before it was released, why would they do that with KH3? It defies all business logic, especially known Square logic. My best guess, it's simply going to be delayed again (if a game without an official release window can even be "delayed" anyway) and it will get release as 90-95% of what it was originally intended to be, maybe with a small bit of content set aside to be added as DLC later for development time. 2018? That's the optimistic prediction at this point, but if development and "completeness" really are an issue, I think it's more likely that they might simply push it to 2019. Of course all of this will be moot whenever Square finally says something, so for now I think it's wise to just regard this as what it really is before we're told otherwise: a false rumor.

I don't believe the part saying he will have it released even if unfinished. If everything is working out fine and things are on schedule, then it can't be unfinished. I would like to see the trailer at E3 and hope it comes early 2018, but obviously I am not holding my breath.

I doubt that too you cant bring an unfinished product to the market. And if he means to leave out some content that I prefer to wait another year or two. Its done when its done he should not let his passion project be ruinend because some people in the company say they have to make so and so much profit this year.

What's Kingdom hearts 3?

a legend born from a distant memorie millenia ago

if there is another final mix coming after KH3 i doubt Square is gonna make it exclusive to Japan. Nomura said in that Message in the 1.5 art book that he regretted releasing KH1final mix only in Japan so he was excited to finally release it with the 1.5 collection so that make me believe that if this is true and they make a KH3 final mix it's gonna be out in the west as well. I can't say the same for the Ace Attorney games tho lol.

I would hate to buy KH3 again just 2 or 3 years later.Come on people what use is Globalization if stuff like this still keeps happening?

Edited by Dustin Lübbers

Just out of sheer curiosity, what was it exactly that he leaked "right"?

not believing any of this till we get some solid info to go on

This guy says he has a reliable source, so basically, unless we get any kind of AC origin promotion in the next week as he said in that twitter thread (https://twitter.com/Jose_Strife/status/861618998882037760) we shouldn't worry about this too much.

But same, it's hard to believe any of this.

"As many of you know, KH2, BBS and 3D had cropped content, so it's nothing new in KH. Everything planned will not be in 3, simple"

"It will be released in 2018, even if it is not finished."

Not buying these statements. How could they plan to release it unfinished and with content cut after it's been in production for around 4 years? 

That the source of this information is reliable is just hearsay, for me at least. I need solid evidence. Particularly considering it's not official.