Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Era

We'll get a Trailer & Release Year at E3/D23 2017

Yes, i'm in my right state of mind, trust me.

After a lot of thinking about it I truly think Square will show us a trailer and a release

year at this coming E3 and or D23 but if not that, we WILL get the release year sometime within 2017.

And when I say release year I mean (YEAR), not a exact date or not even a window (ex. Winter 2018),

just the year.

2017 is the 15th Anniversary of Kingdom Hearts and till now (May), we have gotten very, very

little information about Kingdom Hearts 3 and it's development that it isn't even funny at this point

to be completely honest. But for anyone who doesn't know the development of KH3 to a tee I'll be short about it.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

2013: Game was announced to be in development at E3 2013...

2014: KH3 switches game engines from Luminous to Epic Game's Unreal 4 (Unreal is a much easier engine to use,

also Nomura states that the said change didn't impact development time they had with Luminous)

2015: E3 2015 Trailer released, Nomura reveals that Dev is on track, secret movies being considered and the

team has a internal release window that they are trying to hit.

2016: In terms of news, nothing (Due to FF15, 2.8 and 1.5+2.5) but Development is progressing.

2017: Square states that KH3 will not release any sooner than their Fiscal Year of 2018 (We are currently in said Fiscal year)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

and that's pretty much it, and with that is why I believe KH3 will be releasing sometime in 2018.

After FF15, Square literally has no heavy hitter big titles left and with Kingdom Hearts 2.8, 1.5+2.5 and Union Cross all being out

if Square and Nomura want to talk about Kingdom Hearts in any way shape or form on a big stage like E3, D23 etc, it HAS to be

talk about Kingdom Hearts 3 at this point.

No games are left and in terms of what Square has next to released; the only one is KH3. With FF7 being made in parts,

KH3 is their next upcoming big heavy hitter title so I have no doubt that Square/Disney is gearing up to truly market and push KH3

and that all begins this June at Gaming's biggest stage, E3.

Square Enix isn't dumb, they know the fans are becoming relentlessness in terms of news and I think they kept

quiet for awhile just waiting for their big reveal like they did back in E3 2015. I also think they know the

"Now in Development" has truly become a thorn to fans at this point, and even if they think the game may get

pushed to very early 2019, I believe they will still confirm 2018 and (if anything)

by the time Fall 2018 comes (or around that time) they announce a short delay to early 2019 which in my opinion will be fine...

Finally confirming to fans at this year's E3 that the game is at least confirmed for 2018 will bring

down a lot of the relentlessness within the community that they know is their for the time being, and

with 4 going on 5 years development I have no doubts that the game is more along than we actually think

to be completely honest and the trailer that will be shown at E3 2017 will confirm that...

and I know this is said a lot, but Nomura stated that he wants a KH game every year leading up to KH3.

If we take those words to heart Nomura has kept to this goal in exception to 2.8; (Which was intended for

December 2016 if FF15 never got delayed) So in all actuality 2.8 was our 2016 game while the 1.5+2.5 collection

was our 2017 title. It makes sense for KH3 to conclude this goal and become our 2018 title...

It isn't just coincidence that the Kingdom Hearts orchestra is being held in LA in the Dolby Theater

which is pretty much in close proximity where E3 is being held.

It isn't a coincidence that Nomura took back his statements that we will be getting major KH3 news

in 2017 and just take them all back as E3 is nearing to say "He doesn't know when News will be released"

Nomura and Square know what they are doing, after a very Dry 2016 and so far a even more dry 2017 in terms of

KH3 information, I think they will finally please the fans with the said reveal of KH3's trailer and a Release year confirmation.

This is all speculation but in my opinion it just makes sense.

I just don't see this game coming late 2019 or hell 2020 like most fans say....

What do you guys think?

Edited by Era

I think that at E3 we will see something, it's been way too long since we last saw KH3 in motion. As for the release year... I don't know. It's a possibility, I can't deny that, but after the last interviews... I don't know. We'll see I guess.

maybe we'll get a release decade.

honestly i'll be very surprised if we get a release year, but i think the rule of thumb should be that if we do get one, we should all mentally add one more year to it to cover delay time because i'm positive we'll be getting at least one delay for KH3. 

Yes All i want is a Trailer(Maybe showing us More Gameplay of Tangled World and Big Hero 6) some Screenshots of the Gameplay and maybe 2 or 3 World Reveals(Toy Story, Atlantis and Jungle Book) if it shows up at E3