Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
David Buchwald

Proper way to save in KH1?

Hi guys,

I'm playing KH1 on my PS4 and absolutely loving it.  I think I'm having even more fun now than when I played it the first time when the game first came out... trying to 100% this time by collecting all the dalmations and what not.  Eventually my plan is to play all the games in the series (I only played 1 and 2 back in the day).  Anyway, my question is this.  When it comes to saving in KH1, I've been simply overwriting my same single save slot over and over.  Today I noticed that there are tons and tons of save slots, like 99 or something, which I didn't notice before.  Just wondering, should I be saving a new file each time I save rather than overwriting the same file over and over again?  Is there any benefit to either method?  Or is it more of a personal preference thing?  Just making sure I'm not missing something that could potentially hurt my gameplay experience.  Figured I'd ask the pros.  Thanks for the help.

P.S. I'm still pretty early on in the game (just beat Cerebus) so shouldn't be too late to change my save style if needed.  Thanks again!

You can just use the same slot over and over again and never use the other 98 slots.

Other people do it to have separate saves for their own purposes; it can be because of speedrunning practice or (if you're like me) simply replaying a specific part of the game again, among other possible reasons.

Edited by dabestgamer

I just save over the same save slot.

Eventually, I often go through and create a save file right before each world in case I really want to experience a certain world in the future but for my first time through 100%ing the game I just use one save slot