Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
vpha1313

Origin of the Keyholes in Birth By Sleep

At the end of Aqua and Mickey's battle with Ventus-Vanitas, the X-Blade starts to break apart and sends out shards of light that fade in the outline shapes of  KEYHOLES.  Could the completion and subsequent destruction of the x-blade, being the physical manifestation of Kingdom Hearts, be the reason that the KH1 worlds' keyholes were open in the first place?  If the X-blade did open up every worlds' keyhole before its destruction, it would be what allowed the Heartless to start devouring worlds for the next decade until Sora's first journey.

At the end of Aqua and Mickey's battle with Ventus-Vanitas, the X-Blade starts to break apart and sends out shards of light that fade in the outline shapes of  KEYHOLES.  Could the completion and subsequent destruction of the x-blade, being the physical manifestation of Kingdom Hearts, be the reason that the KH1 worlds' keyholes were open in the first place?  If the X-blade did open up every worlds' keyhole before its destruction, it would be what allowed the Heartless to start devouring worlds for the next decade until Sora's first journey.

I had to watch the cutscene again to know what you mean but yes that makes actually kind of sense givin that the X-blade is THE keyblade it would have probably created all the keyholes when it was destroyed I always assumed the keyholes were made when the castle in the land of departure turned into castle oblivion and thus somehow warped time and space but your explanation is better I admit

The Keyholes are a natural part of every world. The X-Blade hadn't created them since the worlds already had them.

Quote from the Series Memorial Ultimania:

Any world that dots the realm of light holds its own “World Heart”. A World Heart is a collection of all the hearts that compose that world, hidden away within that world’s Keyhole.

The World Heart’s Keyhole is connected to the realm of darkness.  While the Keyholes are usually shut to protect the worlds from darkness, this also shuts off the paths to the outside world. When a Keyhole is opened, the walls that cover the world shatter, allowing travel to the outside world, but also putting that world in danger due to the influx of the power of darkness. At the start of [KHI], the Keyholes of the World Hearts were starting to open, and Sora’s group had to venture forth to close them.

·         The World Heart’s Keyhole is usually hidden, but it shows up when a Keyblade is brought near.

·         As a child, Riku had recieved the Keyblade Bequeathing, allowing him to see the Keyholes that others couldn’t.

Also, about the X-Blade, it is not a manifestation of Kingdom Hearts; it is its counterpart; its key.

Quote from DDD Glossary:

χ -blade

If Kingdom hearts is a lock, then this blade from the age of fairy tales was the key.

To Master Eraqus-

Thanks for the notation, but I think you deliberately misunderstood my post and that frustrates me.  I didn't say the X-Blade created the Keyholes, I only theorized it caused them to open and reveal themselves to set up Sora's journey in KH1.

To Master Eraqus-

Thanks for the notation, but I think you deliberately misunderstood my post and that frustrates me.  I didn't say the X-Blade created the Keyholes, I only theorized it caused them to open and reveal themselves to set up Sora's journey in KH1.

Oh then, sorry about that. My apologies. Sorry I misunderstood your post and frustrated you.

I'm hoping this won't frustrate you:

At the start of [KHI], the Keyholes of the World Hearts were starting to open, and Sora’s group had to venture forth to close them.

Oh then, sorry about that. My apologies. Sorry I misunderstood your post and frustrated you.

I'm hoping this won't frustrate you:

At the start of [KHI], the Keyholes of the World Hearts were starting to open, and Sora’s group had to venture forth to close them.

What the Master said. Also, lol, I don't think anyone ever tries to misunderstand something "on purpose", they just misunderstand. But yeah, hopefully that clears things up.