Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Connected

How long will KH3 be in terms of Cutscenes.

29 members have voted

1. 1. How long will KH3 be in terms of Cutscenes

If you would take all the cutscenes of Kingdom Hearts 3. How many hours will it take to finish it? What do you think.

History:

Kingdom Hearts (Final Mix):  4:37 Hours
Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories: 2:57 Hours
Kingdom Hearts 2 (Final Mix): 13.09 hours
Kingdom Hearts HD 358/2 Days: 2:47 Hours
Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep: 6:54 hours.
Kingdom Hearts HD Coded: 3:00 Hours  
Kingdom Hearts HD Dream Drop Distance: 5:02 hours
Kingdom Hearts 0.2 A Fragmentary Passage: 0:46 hours. 
Kingdom Hearts X Back Cover: 1:02 hour.

I hope this doesn't come as off-topic, but could somebody answer this 2 questions for me regarding cutscenes?:

1- Why is it that KH 2 has so many hours of cutscenes? is the game much longer than the first one or did they just added more cutscenes while maybe sacrificing a little bit more of gameplay time?

2- Since 358/2 Days and Re:coded are movies, is there a way to pause them, quit the game, and then resume watching them in the same place I left it?

Thank you, and as for your question I would say it will probably be as long as KH 2? after all there's a lot of hype surrounding the game so I doubt it would be shorter than the previous one, the game its like a FFXV 2.0 at this point xD

Edited by smellslikejavier

I'm thinking 16 hours or more. They can easily take advantage of the storage capabilities of the PS4. Doesn't really count much because they're just remasters of old games, but 1.5+2.5 will have over 30 hours of cinematics. Judging by that and the fact that KH3 is running on a more powerful engine and will therefore have better graphics, it's not unreasonable to say that KH3 will have at least half that amount.

I'd say at least 16 hours. Considering KH3 will have more worlds than KH2 and the fact that Nomura said that it's story is huge, it's gonna be a long game.

the question is will it be as long as for exampel skyrim or other Hardcore RPGs?

I would love for that number to be as large as possible, honestly.

I can't shake the feeling that it will be slightly smaller, or just comparable, to Kingdom Hearts 2. I can't help but feel like most newer video games just keep getting shorter and shorter... even the ones that are meant to be these "HUGE, AMAZING" games with complicated storylines, can just be beaten in a disappointingly small amount of time. 

I just hope Nomura's goal is to make a huge and fufilling Kh game. I will also settle for just a good one, even if I can't have "huge" or "long". I honestly just want all the goddamn mysteries and questions answered (although I should just get used to the fact that many of them probably never will be).