Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Will Marluxia be involved with the Tangled world?

Will Marluxia be involved with The Kingdom of Coronia?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Will Marluxia be involved with The Kingdom of Coronia?

• Yes, he's a Seeker of Darkness interested in The Golden Flower's power
    • No, Roxas' lesser nobodies are the Samurai's but they never worked with him

Marluxia_%28Art%29.png

As we all know, Marluxia's lesser Nobodies have been confirmed to be residing in The Kingdom of Coronia (the Tangled world). Question is, do you personally believe that Marluxia will be involved with the events of the Tangled world?

I was fairly dismissive about Marluxia being a Seeker of Darkness at first, after all, he wanted to overthrow Xemnas. However, upon contemplating deeper, Xemnas is no longer the head honcho of the Seekers of Darkness. Because of that, Marluxia may have been willing to compromise his heart for to wield a Keyblade for himself and get Norted after being returned as a somebody.

Plus, his element is floral and nature. Tangled is a movie that revolves around The Golden Flower (and consequently, Rapunzel). Put two and two together and you can naturally see his involvement in the world.

Edited by Guest

Well, I can certainly tell you that Marluxia is an interesting figure! The guy has quite a lot of potential, and much power resides within him! I don't believe that we saw the last of him in Castle Oblivion...no, I think that he's definitely a Seeker Of Darkness, and so for the reason you stated, I'm sure that he'll be intrigued by the Golden Flower's power. I know I'd be interested! So maybe he'd try to obtain that power for the Seekers! So I could see him causing chaos in the Kingdom Of Corona! My eye's a little fuzzy on the details, though!

Edited by The Transcendent Key

I was fairly dismissive about Marluxia being a Seeker of Darkness at first, after all, he wanted to overthrow Xemnas. However, upon contemplating deeper, Xemnas is no longer the head honcho of the Seekers of Darkness. Because of that, Marluxia may have been willing to compromise his heart for to wield a Keyblade for himself and get Norted after being returned as a somebody.

I actually believe he is a seeker of darkness. Didn't he show interest in wielding a keyblade in CoM?

He sure did, either to gain the power for himself or to control a wielder and make that wielder and extension of his will.

I don't believe that we saw the last of him in Castle Oblivion...no, I think that he's definitely a Seeker Of Darkness

There's two problems with the idea of Marluxia being a Seeker of Darkness. First, he doesn't have golden eyes. From what we've seen of Terra in BBS, I think the idea is that a fitting vessel gets golden eyes immediately after becoming a vessel.

The second is that Xemnas basically debunked the idea of him being one in KH3D.

Remember what Xemnas said about the unfitting vessels? Weakness of body, weakness of will, and weakness of trust. Both Marluxia and Larxene lacked trust in the Organization. Weakness of trust. And Demyx was weak and lazy, so weakness of body AND of will.

We don't know about Luxord. He wasn't lazy, as far as I remember, so no weakness of will. I'm not sure about strength of body, since he fights using tricks. And he did follow the organization until the very end, all the way to the events of The World that Never Was, which implies trust, but he still seemed to have doubts, as we see in Day 354: "If only the whispers at the top carried to the bottom...", so maybe it's that?

Personally, I think the whole point of bringing up what makes vessel fitting or not in KH3D was to show that, out of all the Organization XIII, only Saïx was a successful attempt.

Honestly, I think in KHIII Marluxia will either be an independent party, and thus a third villain besides Xehanort and Maleficent, or Malecifent's ally, as Nomura is trying to make her more important.

Edited by G-SANtos

Maybe the witch that keeps Rapunzel locked up is written out of the story in place of Marluixa.  

Mother Gothel is the reason why Rapunzel is locked up in the tower to begin with. She's far too important in the Tangled narrative to be replaced.

There's two problems with the idea of Marluxia being a Seeker of Darkness. First, he doesn't have golden eyes. From what we've seen of Terra in BBS, I think the idea is that a fitting vessel gets golden eyes immediately after becoming a vessel.

Thing is though, we don't even know the process in which Saix was Norted. Both Lea and Isa joined the Organization at the same time. The reason why they joined is also unexplained. Sure, Terra was immediately Nortified but that was through force. Clearly, Xemnas must have created such a rift for Saix that he was intentionally or unintentionally willing to become a vessel.

There's no denying that fact. Organization XIII was a failure of a project to create Seekers of Darkness. However, none of the members aside Xigbar were aware of the Organization's true intentions. Marluxia, just like everyone else may have assumed that Organization XIII existed so that they could use Kingdom Hearts to become whole again.

Now picture this, Marluxia returns as a somebody after being defeated in Chain of Memories. He still yearns for the power of the Keyblade and has a hatred for Sora for defeating. He stumbles across Young Xehanort who provides him the opportunity to wield a Keyblade and take revenge on Sora without identifying his affiliation with Xemnas. Marluxia accepts this proposal and becomes a Seeker of Darkness. And even if he is aware of Xemnas being a part of the group, he's no longer number 1. That tile belongs to Master Xehanort.

There's no way that Marluxia can't be involved somehow in KH3's overall plot, especially if his lesser Nobodies are confirmed to be in at least one world.  To be honest, he is one of my absolute favorite OG Organization members, mainly due to his charisma and his motives for betraying his leader.  Plus, he's really powerful, especially since he can cast illusions of himself AND summon that Angel of Death than binds with him at the end of Re:CoM.

I know this thread doesn't bring up the other Organization XIII's members, but I would like to add that it would be a missed opportunity to not show us what happened to Luxord, Demyx, Marluxia and Larxene's somebodies. 

Edited by Hallowseve

Remember what Xemnas said about the unfitting vessels? Weakness of body, weakness of will, and weakness of trust. Both Marluxia and Larxene lacked trust in the Organization. Weakness of trust. And Demyx was weak and lazy, so weakness of body AND of will.

We don't know about Luxord. He wasn't lazy, as far as I remember, so no weakness of will. I'm not sure about strength of body, since he fights using tricks. And he did follow the organization until the very end, all the way to the events of The World that Never Was, which implies trust, but he still seemed to have doubts, as we see in Day 354: "If only the whispers at the top carried to the bottom...", so maybe it's that?

Personally, I think the whole point of bringing up what makes vessel fitting or not in KH3D was to show that, out of all the Organization XIII, only Saïx was a successful attempt.

Honestly, I think in KHIII Marluxia will either be an independent party, and thus a third villain besides Xehanort and Maleficent, or Malecifent's ally, as Nomura is trying to make her more important.

Hmm, you make a good point there, Santos! An excellent case, in fact!  Well, if he isn't a Seeker, then he could be working alongside the Dark Fairy, but he seems too proud for that, so I'd say that if he's not a Seeker, he'd be an independent party! :)

Marluxia I think was tasked to help Xehanort and Xemnas decide who was to be part of the real Organization 13 and so the "betrayal" of his was staged so he could help separate the wheat from the chaff. The ones that didn't cut it were cast off, but those that did stayed and were hired. Roxas was to be one, but the chicken slipped the coop and returned to Sora and so Sora was to take his place. Now the only person that could fill the thirteenth spot seems to be Vanitas.

Just like to point out that the second option in the poll isn't accurate. Remember in KH II when Roxas and Sora fought each other? The Samurais appeared and held Donald and Goofy back. So, yes, Roxas's nobodies did work with him, at least in one instance. And, seeing how Organization 13 is focused on recreating the Keyblade with the SoD rather than creating Kingdom Hearts, there's likely a power vacuum that Marluxia could fill, at least with his own class of nobodies.

How strangely anime guy living in Disney World.

Yes recruit the same members of the new organization is not too logical.

Besides Marluxia opposed Xemnas, is not beneficial to them to take the traitor again.

Marluxia I think was tasked to help Xehanort and Xemnas decide who was to be part of the real Organization 13 and so the "betrayal" of his was staged so he could help separate the wheat from the chaff. The ones that didn't cut it were cast off, but those that did stayed and were hired. Roxas was to be one, but the chicken slipped the coop and returned to Sora and so Sora was to take his place. Now the only person that could fill the thirteenth spot seems to be Vanitas.

Ooh, that's what I think as well! My thoughts exactly! It could have very well been that the betrayal act was just a ruse in order for Marluxia to scout out who'd be worthy candidates! :D