Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
KingdomHearts3

Which should I get? PS4 or PS4 Slim?

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which should I get?

• PS4
    • PS4 Slim

I have received two different opinions on which to get: a PS4 and PS4 Slim. I would like a PS4 Slim since it costs a bit less, uses less energy, takes up less space, yet functions no different than its older sibling yet I was told that the slim could run out of power and I will never know. I could use some help.

You're definitely better getting the slim. The hardware is more up to date, the design is sleeker and the fan is far less noisy. Sure, purists can argue that the original looks more stylish, but truth be told, after using a PS4 Slim, I just look at the regular PS4 as an old fashioned piece of tech.

I have received two different opinions on which to get: a PS4 and PS4 Slim. I would like a PS4 Slim since it costs a bit less, uses less energy, takes up less space, yet functions no different than its older sibling yet I was told that the slim could run out of power and I will never know. I could use some help.

Well watch some reviews of the slim and the newer ps4 standard models to make your choice.

You're definitely better getting the slim. The hardware is more up to date, the design is sleeker and the fan is far less noisy. Sure, purists can argue that the original looks more stylish, but truth be told, after using a PS4 Slim, I just look at the regular PS4 as an old fashioned piece of tech.

The hardware? You know the specs are exactly the same right?

What's the difference between PS4, PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro, please?

There is no difference between the PS4 and the PS4 slim in terms of hardware. They are both the same machine, the Slim is just a smaller version physically, since the OG PS4 is quite big.

The PS4 Pro supports 4K gaming, which is best if you have a 4K TV. If you don't have a 4K TV there is no point in buying one. Certain games can also run at higher frame rates, 0.2 on the Pro is at 60fps. 4K gaming is 4000 pixels, it's the highest resolution you can get at the moment hence your picture quality will be very very crisp.

The PS4 and the PS4 Slim do not support 4K gaming.

There is no difference between the PS4 and the PS4 slim in terms of hardware. They are both the same machine, the Slim is just a smaller version physically, since the OG PS4 is quite big.

The PS4 Pro supports 4K gaming, which is best if you have a 4K TV. If you don't have a 4K TV there is no point in buying one. Certain games can also run at higher frame rates, 0.2 on the Pro is at 60fps. 4K gaming is 4000 pixels, it's the highest resolution you can get at the moment hence your picture quality will be very very crisp.

The PS4 and the PS4 Slim do not support 4K gaming.

All right, thank you so much, good sir. Also, do you know the difference between the regular XBox One and XBox One S?

it depends on 3 factors 1.depends on what design do you want such as if you want 500 GB or do you want shorter memory and such,2. depends on if you want a bundle that does come with a game & such or you don't want that & most of all 3. depends on the price &/or depends on your budget so i really can't say which one to get.

If any of you wanted to know as 1 of my updates or if i already said on here i like to say it again as 1 of my updates so you all know my mom got me for Christmas a PS4 to be more it's a Uncharted 4 bundle 500 GB slim PS4 :).

The hardware? You know the specs are exactly the same right?

I'm aware of that, it's just that, as new technology goes, it's more robust and streamlined. Sure, the specs are the same but the form factor isn't.