Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
gameaddict12345

They're fixing the right stuff, guys.. we swear :^)

Apart from Venitas' eyes getting a change, aqua's chin also made a change...

https://twitter.com/KH13com/status/820447716358688768

(wow, talk about a quick facial surgery, eh?)

In other news, crashing that was present in v1.0.0 is at its minimum now (we're not positive that crashing is completely gone now, but there hasn't been any that we caught wind of after the 1.0.1 update) but in exchange, there is a constant point in the game where it softlocks. Speedrunner mieDax found it, and the conversation is as follows: 

https://twitter.com/miedaxx/status/820394446198083584

TL;DR, its before the second Devil's Wave/Tower fight, right after you get Mickey as your partner

Yep... definitely fixing the right stuff :^)

Edited by gameaddict12345

Apart from Venitas' eyes getting a change, aqua's chin also made a change...

https://twitter.com/KH13com/status/820447716358688768

(wow, talk about a quick facial surgery, eh?)

In other news, crashing that was present in v1.0.1 is at its minimum now (we're not positive that crashing is completely gone now, but there hasn't been any that we caught wind of after the 1.0.1 update) but in exchange, there is a constant point in the game where it softlocks. Speedrunner mieDax found it, and the conversation is as follows: 

https://twitter.com/miedaxx/status/820394446198083584

TL;DR, its before the second Devil's Wave/Tower fight, right after you get Mickey as your partner

Yep... definitely fixing the right stuff :^)

Crashing will never be completely gone. No software is perfect. The aim is to make it as difficult as possible for the game to crash.

Crashing will never be completely gone. No software is perfect. The aim is to make it as difficult as possible for the game to crash.

The game is a fricking demo and it crashes. FF15 was a huge open world so I can excuse that, this game is 4 hrs.

I'm sorry but that's unacceptable and another reason to be worried for KH3. I'm glad they patched it and it's all fine now but if they can't get a demo to not crash on release day then clearly they have some work to do.

The game is a fricking demo and it crashes. FF15 was a huge open world so I can excuse that, this game is 4 hrs.

I'm sorry but that's unacceptable and another reason to be worried for KH3. I'm glad they patched it and it's all fine now but if they can't get a demo to not crash on release day then clearly they have some work to do.

Yeah, it is unacceptable for a 3-4hr game to crash, but they must have missed something. They're only human after all.

Yeah, it is unacceptable for a 3-4hr game to crash, but they must have missed something. They're only human after all.

Nah I'm not giving them a pass for 'being human'. If I'm paying full price for a game, divide that up by 3 so £44/3=around 15 pound. I'm paying 15 quid for each instalment in the 2.8 collection, I pay 15 quid for a demo that Osaka couldn't even get right on release day. Let's not forget about 1.5 and 2.5.........:. But I won't dismiss the whole collection obviously. I'll wait until I buy the game to see how they've done.

*sigh*

It is like they are not aware of game testing being a thing.

And heck, FFXV was a huge mess in terms of its development(I am not talking about the actual development, but the whole 10 years) and they had to release it in 2016, though I can't ignore it either, but at least it got an excuse

I doubt 2.8 had these issues. There is no excuse.

*sigh*

It is like they are not aware of game testing being a thing.

And heck, FFXV was a huge mess in terms of its development(I am not talking about the actual development, but the whole 10 years) and they had to release it in 2016, though I can't ignore it either, but at least it got an excuse

I doubt 2.8 had these issues. There is no excuse.

Expect KH3 to have even worse issues on launch day... I don't have much faith in the 1.5+2.5 collection now.

Edited by The 13th Kenpachi

Expect KH3 to have even worse issues on launch day... I don't have much faith in the 1.5+2.5 collection now.

seeing as how DDDHD performed in this remaster, I have faith in the 1.5+2.5 remaster. Sure, there's still the quirks that the OG 3D had (looking at you, balloon...), it might as well be a developer decision to retain that quirk. Remember, Ocarina of Time 3D had most, if not all, of the same glitches and exploits present in the original Gamecube version, same as Activision when they remastered Modern Warfare.

In the case of Kingdom Hearts, I'd give their implementation of "60 fps on gameplay and menus, 30 on cutscenes" a pass, since they got that fundamentally right. Minimal frame drops (and unnoticable, if there are any), no crashes, etc. Its only 0.2 that's having these issues. If any, This points to me worrying about the development of KH3, since if they can't release a short version of a full-scale game right, what chaos will be unleashed more once they go guns blazing with KH3?