Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
The 13th Kenpachi

Director of KH Days and Re Coded is directing FF7 remake

Couldn't they get the original director on board instead? he did create the original vision after all...

Couldn't they get the original director on board instead? he did create the original vision after all...

Yoshinori Kitase is the producer this time. And no he didn't, almost every FF game is a team effort. Sakaguchi wrote the original script but he left the company 10 years ago, that script was a detective story and something completely different. Kitase and Nojima wrote the proper script based on Sakaguchi and Nomura's ideas.

Edited by Barry Bacon Allen

Wait, I thought Nomura was directing it. Was this guy added on or did they decide to switch directors like with FFXV?

Yeah, what's going on? Also didn't Nomura direct those? Do you mean co-director or something...?

That's pretty concerning considering what All The Bravest was(a piece of shit) and the repetitive nature of 358\2 Days

As if the fact that Nomura is directing it wasn't concerning enough(seriously firetruck Advent Children and Dirge of Cerberus)

Wait, I thought Nomura was directing it. Was this guy added on or did they decide to switch directors like with FFXV?

He's still director from what I know

Edited by Smash Mega Koopa

Nomura is the director of all the kh games. In  358/2 days he had a co-director working with him, in the same vein of Birt By Sleep which was co-directed by Tai Yasue. This is most likely becuase he cant be everywhere, at that time he was directing 3 games almost at the same time. 

That's pretty concerning considering what All The Bravest was(a piece of shit) and the repetitive nature of 358\2 Days

As if the fact that Nomura is directing it wasn't concerning enough(seriously firetruck Advent Children and Dirge of Cerberus)

He's still director from what I know

No, Nomura didnt direct Dirge of Cerberus at all. He only did the character designs.

I thougth that Advent children was okay, it is mostly a fanservice film and it delivers in that way. :smile:

Yoshinori Kitase is the producer this time. And no he didn't, almost every FF game is a team effort. Sakaguchi wrote the original script but he left the company 10 years ago, that script was a detective story and something completely different. Kitase and Nojima wrote the proper script based on Sakaguchi and Nomura's ideas.

I wasn't denying the fact that it's a team effort, I just find it perplexing to have a slightly different team be in charge of remaking a pre-established franchise.

I wasn't denying the fact that it's a team effort, I just find it perplexing to have a slightly different team be in charge of remaking a pre-established franchise.

The spearheads are the same.

Originally

Nomura did designs for all characters and monsters and contributed to parts of the story

Nojima and Kitase wrote the script

Kitase directed

Sakaguchi produced

Now

Nojima writes script

Kitase produces

Nomura directs

Only difference is that Sakaguchi isn't there. It's been 20 years so obviously the original team aren't there anymore. But BD1 made FF13 and the first two KH games.

The spearheads are the same.

Originally

Nomura did designs for all characters and monsters and contributed to parts of the story

Nojima and Kitase wrote the script

Kitase directed

Sakaguchi produced

Now

Nojima writes script

Kitase produces

Nomura directs

Only difference is that Sakaguchi isn't there. It's been 20 years so obviously the original team aren't there anymore. But BD1 made FF13 and the first two KH games.

Now that you put it like that, it looks far more promising. Same people in altered roles. Of course, Sakaguichi is no with Square Enix so it's understandable that he's no longer involved.

Now that you put it like that, it looks far more promising. Same people in altered roles. Of course, Sakaguichi is no with Square Enix so it's understandable that he's no longer involved.

If he was I'd have more faith, but I'm not one of those 'FF died with Sakaguchi. Why can't every game be like 7 or 9 or [insert favourite ff game here]' people.

So wait, the directer of Days And Re:Coded will be co-directing the game with Nomura? Is that what this is?

Edit: I thought that Dissidia 012 was an amazing game!

Nomura is the director of all the kh games. In  358/2 days he had a co-director working with him, in the same vein of Birt By Sleep which was co-directed by Tai Yasue. This is most likely becuase he cant be everywhere, at that time he was directing 3 games almost at the same time. 

No, Nomura didnt direct Dirge of Cerberus at all. He only did the character designs.

I thougth that Advent children was okay, it is mostly a fanservice film and it delivers in that way. :smile:

Edit-he's actually doing the game design, not co directing.