Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
The 13th Kenpachi

Anime | Manga Toriko Manga To End November 10th/November 14th.

Another Jump Series is ending, this time it's Toriko! The battle manga about gourmet hunters.

toriko041.jpg

For anyone unfamiliar with the process;

Issues of Weekly Shounen Jump release later than the ones that people read online. In Japan, the current week's issue of Weekly Shounen Jump is sent to stores on a wednesday or thursday. But, it isn't sold to the public until a Monday and the digital versions (through the app) don't come out until Monday either.

The people working in those stores sell the issues to their close friends or family at a high price, those people scan the images and upload them online, and then translators take those images and translate them, putting them on streaming sites. Therefore, anyone who reads off of a manga streaming site is getting the chapter early.

So that is hence why Toriko is ending next thursday in issue 50 (November 10th) for people who read the chapters online and Monday the 14th for WSJ subscribers.

2016 has seen a lot of WSJ series end or get the axe. Including Bleach, Kochikame, Gintama and Nisekoi. This seems to be the year of the axe for them, they really are getting the old manga out of the door. Although it sucks, some of the new series we've had so far look very promising and have great futures ahead of them, especially The Promised Neverland.

I wonder what will take Toriko's spot? I feel for the Toriko fans, but at least you guys have an ongoing anime for your series that can tie up a rushed ending *cough Bleach

Edited by Barry Bacon Allen

You could tell it was building to an ending anyway. I definitely like Toriko, but this last arc has dragged on a bit (unlike Bleach, which I actually think had more potential in the final run), so I'm okay. Honestly, I got kind of lost with the various factions and figuring out who supports who or whatever.

You could tell it was building to an ending anyway. I definitely like Toriko, but this last arc has dragged on a bit (unlike Bleach, which I actually think had more potential in the final run), so I'm okay. Honestly, I got kind of lost with the various factions and figuring out who supports who or whatever.

In Toriko or Bleach?