Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Tara St Michel

Video Roxas' Theme Vocal Cover with Original Lyrics

So I finally did another Kingdom Hearts song! Some of you may remember the last one I did a few months ago, Kairi's Theme!

Between then and now, I've covered a bunch of songs, but this is my first KH cover since then.

This was a bit of a challenge to record and film as #1 it was never meant to be sung, and #2 there's a lot of instrumental breaks written into it because it was never meant to be sung. I did my best with it though. 

On the lyrics for this, I was going for a progression through Roxas' story. It outlines from the day he was born as a nobody, through starting to become his own person and making friends, betrayal of the organization in search of answers, then finally returning to Sora to be a part of him as he was originally. So basically, KH Days through the exceptionally long KH2 intro but emphasizing on the sentiment some key points haha.

In the future, I might go for commissioned art for covers like this instead simply because the video is so awkward to try to film for songs like this. I feel like video like this would be better suited for songs like j-pop/anime style covers and stuff (perhaps some Utada Hikaru stuff at some point).

I've said this before, but Kingdom Hearts is my all time favorite video game, and I'm happy to be putting out another cover from it.

Note: If you like the song, there's purchase links for download in the video description. The download + instrumental is also available through my Patreon for $5.

PS: if you like my Kingdom Hearts covers, then check out my vocal cover with original lyrics of Path of Redemption from Square-Enix's I Am Setsuna

This is just beautiful. I choked up a little here and there.

Oh my... Your voice is wonderful! I'm really awed by not just the singing, but you came up with your OWN lyrics for a song never intended to have any! That right there is the groundbreaking talent I enjoy hearing and watching. (That's really cool that you added subtitles, too. :3 )

I don't have the money to download your song, but I'm telling you, listening to your talent is definitely worth paying for. ;)

Keep at it, Tara. And may your gift take you on a journey of great things! :D

Rock on!

Thank you guys so much! As it stands, I'm in the process of trying to become YouTube pro with my music. I'm selling licensed covers like this one through a site called Loudr, and I'm partnered with a YouTube network as well! When it comes to YouTube tho, you guys make all the difference between me sitting next to mic and singing, and actually being able to share that with a bunch of people on a pro level.

If you like what you hear, and you're able to, even small actions like sharing the video, liking or commenting, and reposting it are super helpful <3

Thank you guys so much! As it stands, I'm in the process of trying to become YouTube pro with my music. I'm selling licensed covers like this one through a site called Loudr, and I'm partnered with a YouTube network as well! When it comes to YouTube tho, you guys make all the difference between me sitting next to mic and singing, and actually being able to share that with a bunch of people on a pro level.

If you like what you hear, and you're able to, even small actions like sharing the video, liking or commenting, and reposting it are super helpful <3

What would be cool is if you could a cover with Organization XIII's theme. It might sound hard, but I think you can do it.