Poll of the Day
Kingdom Hearts χ NewsTweets by @KH13chi
Featured ContentTweets by @KH13community
Recent Status Updates
Hopefully I can get my hands on a ps4 tomorrow after a days long work
Dear Helix, are we ever going to get new information on Pokemon Ultra Sun and Pokemon Ultra Moon?!? I still have so many questions, and I want some answers Pokemon!
Watched Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Men Tell No Tales yesterday and I absolutely adored it. It was hilarious, action-packed, epic and awesome. I found it to be a really enjoyable film.
So now that the KH Orchestra in the US is over, I can finally talk about Ventus' Theme in the Heroes and Heroines part. It was frigging EPIC! I didn't saw that coming! Ventus' Theme isn't even one if my favorites but this time I loved it. I waited since the Orchestra in London to actually talk about this!Show comments (4)
New Osaka and Tokyo Team Job Postings Added to Square Enix Website
1) Lighting Artist: Lighting and general post-production Work on Kingdom Hearts III.
- Both real-time and cut scene lighting
- Creating depth of field, vignette, color gradation etc. post production
Aims and interesting points of this job:
Lighting is a very important job that determines the final quality of a game's graphics.
Lighting artists shoulder the task of making sure the assets created by each section come together properly on a single screen--in other words, they hold the fate of the assets in their hands. It's a position with heavy responsibility, but that also makes it a very worthwhile job.
Thanks to recent developments in hardware, it is now possible to edit highly detailed lighting that stands up to high-end CG while seeing the effect in real-time inside the game engine. This means it's possible for lighting artists to work in an appealing environment free of waiting for rendering.
Let's work together to bring the lighting of the CG of the many Disney works in Kingdom Hearts to life inside the game.
2) Direction Planner: Adding direction to the camera during explanations of the player's techniques and the layout of the map, missions, and the start middle and end of battles using Using Unreal Engine 4. You will consult with each section, working on the whole project from storyboarding to ordering materials to implementation.
3) Network Programmer: Development of an under-development Network Multiplayer Game using UnrealEngine4.
- constructing gameplay that anticipates the next 10 years
- investigating relevant traffic and adjusting so that gameplay is not harmed
- constructing a matching server
4) Producer's Assistant: Private secretary of staff and producers.
- Managing the schedule and tasks of appointed staff, general private secretary work
- Assistance with international business
- Accompanying on domestic and international business trips (once or twice a month), making arrangements there (making appointments on their behalf etc.)
- Attending negotiations and functions with customers (about three or four times a week, internationally and domestically)
While none of these positions seem to point to any crucial post-production work, the Lighting Artist job is particularly interesting due to the amount of focus given to the position's description and significance. Special thanks to KH13 Social Media Team Member Barry Bacon Allen for the tip!
Do you think any of the positions listed above speak to Kingdom Hearts III’s development status? Let us know in the comments below!