Poll of the Day
Kingdom Hearts χ NewsTweets by @KH13chi
Featured ContentTweets by @KH13community
Recent Status Updates
"don't get hit by rocks!" lmfao oh god! XD
Just reached the first 100 Episodes of Naruto Shippuden! *Imagines a PS4 trophy noise in the background.* The journey continues! :D
Honestly though, there is no way SE would make us wait 2-3 more years for kingdom hearts 3 (unless they have a very good reason behind it) since they've already released a demo for the game (kingdom hearts 0.2) so that could mean kh3 is likely to release next year. Since demos release months to a year before a video game releases, my logic should make senseShow comments (5)
New Osaka and Tokyo Team Job Postings Added to Square Enix Website
1) Lighting Artist: Lighting and general post-production Work on Kingdom Hearts III.
- Both real-time and cut scene lighting
- Creating depth of field, vignette, color gradation etc. post production
Aims and interesting points of this job:
Lighting is a very important job that determines the final quality of a game's graphics.
Lighting artists shoulder the task of making sure the assets created by each section come together properly on a single screen--in other words, they hold the fate of the assets in their hands. It's a position with heavy responsibility, but that also makes it a very worthwhile job.
Thanks to recent developments in hardware, it is now possible to edit highly detailed lighting that stands up to high-end CG while seeing the effect in real-time inside the game engine. This means it's possible for lighting artists to work in an appealing environment free of waiting for rendering.
Let's work together to bring the lighting of the CG of the many Disney works in Kingdom Hearts to life inside the game.
2) Direction Planner: Adding direction to the camera during explanations of the player's techniques and the layout of the map, missions, and the start middle and end of battles using Using Unreal Engine 4. You will consult with each section, working on the whole project from storyboarding to ordering materials to implementation.
3) Network Programmer: Development of an under-development Network Multiplayer Game using UnrealEngine4.
- constructing gameplay that anticipates the next 10 years
- investigating relevant traffic and adjusting so that gameplay is not harmed
- constructing a matching server
4) Producer's Assistant: Private secretary of staff and producers.
- Managing the schedule and tasks of appointed staff, general private secretary work
- Assistance with international business
- Accompanying on domestic and international business trips (once or twice a month), making arrangements there (making appointments on their behalf etc.)
- Attending negotiations and functions with customers (about three or four times a week, internationally and domestically)
While none of these positions seem to point to any crucial post-production work, the Lighting Artist job is particularly interesting due to the amount of focus given to the position's description and significance. Special thanks to KH13 Social Media Team Member Barry Bacon Allen for the tip!
Do you think any of the positions listed above speak to Kingdom Hearts III’s development status? Let us know in the comments below!