Poll of the Day
Kingdom Hearts χ NewsTweets by @KH13chi
Featured ContentTweets by @KH13community
Recent Status Updates
I got my green belt in karate today!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope you all have a great day! :D
I think I saw Xigbar during the performance of Spongebob: The Musical during Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Spongebob as the 13th vessel of Darkness confirmed?
Kingdom Hearts 15th Anniversary Commemorative Campaign Preview Night at Square Enix Café Osaka
The Preview Night was held from 18:00 - 21:00 JST, and the meeting place was Osaka Umeda Yodobashi 1st Basement. There was no entry fee. Instead, 40 Square Enix Japan members were selected by lottery to be invited.
The series director Tetsuya Nomura, executive producer Shinji Hashimoto, Kingdom Hearts III co-director Tai Yasue, and lead character modeler Mr Yamasaki made a surprise appearance during the event. They some comments about Kingdom Hearts III as well as the future of Kingdom Hearts Union χ[Cross].
The main attraction of the night was, however, the introduction of the Kingdom Hearts themed menu which included various food items and drinks. A variety of art was also showcased at the event including original artwork drawn by Nomura, and exclusive merchandise, including previously event-exclusive merchandise, has been made available for purchase for the duration of the campaign.
This event precedes the collective campaign event between Square Enix Café Osaka, Square Enix Café Tokyo, and ARTNIA for the Kingdom Hearts 15th Anniversary. This will be held at both Square Enix Cafés plus ARTNIA. ARTNIA will be holding it from October 14th, 2017 to December 14th, 2017, and both Square Enix Café Osaka and Square Enix Café Tokyo will be holding it from October 14th, 2017 to November 10th, 2017. Tickets were made available for purchase starting October 6th, 2017. You can check out more info about this event here.
Thanks to KH13 staff member Mio-chan and LadyAleister, we have translations on some of the information given by Nomura, Hashimoto, and more at the event, and also some impressions of the Twitter users.
- Kingdom Hearts-themed menu introduced at the 15th Anniversary Commemorative Campaign Preview Night
- Kingdom Hearts III developers comment on Xehanort, Sora, Riku, and Kairi character models
- Tetsuya Nomura comments on Ventus, Lauriam, and the continuation of the story of Kingdom Hearts Union χ in Kingdom Hearts III
- World with new playable character confirmed for Kingdom Hearts III; future D23 Expo reveals undecided
Comments by Tetsuya Nomura
- Sora's birthday isn't specified, but it should be the day of his debut (March 28, 2002), just as other Disney characters.
- There is desire of making supporting characters and Organization XIII mini figures, so Nomura will think about it.
- Sea Salt Ice Creams at the event had winner sticks among them at the event which attendees were able to be exchange for a free coaster.
- They worked hard to host the Café, and maybe there are no more chances to do so, so Nomura asked everyone to enjoy that month.
- There is no schedule for a release of Nomura’s art collection at the moment.
- There is also no plans for selling a Promotional Video collection for now.
- The staff said that the release of the Kingdom Key prop replica should be asked to Bandai, as they are the ones who Disney handed the rights to.
- "Firstly, when Mr. Hashimoto went to sign my copy, he said, "Please get a signature from the creators first. I'll write in the remaining gap after that." when I was thanking the developers. He's so nice." (@yossthan)
You can view images of the preview below, thanks to Dengeki Online, 4Gamer, Game Watch, and Famitsu. There are also a few images from the attendees @uk1gum0oo, @yossthan, @yoki_3yam, @KH_NoXIII, @axy415, @Laaaaaaaagu, @EXkhs, @HOMO_NAOCHIKA, @Kazaton, @9namasuxi, and @sonzaisinaimono.
Pictures from the Attendees
What do you think about the Kingdom Hearts 15th Anniversary Commemorative Campaign Preview Night for Square Enix Café Osaka's grand opening? Are you planning on going to Square Enix Café Osaka, Square Enix Café Tokyo, or ARTNIA for the upcoming Kingdom Hearts 15th Anniversary collective campaign? Let us know down in the comments below!