Poll of the Day
Kingdom Hearts χ NewsTweets by @KH13chi
Featured ContentTweets by @KH13community
Recent Status Updates
Thanks to all who came to the live stream. It was a fun stream.
Every character's story will be settled in Kingdom Hearts III; the world Young Xehanort and Eraqus are at is an original world; Kingdom Hearts Union χ[cross] 5th Union leader reveal in early August
Check out the first half, translated by Katie Armstrong, below:
- Tetsuya Nomura would like for you to wait for the next report, which will be some time in 2018.
- There was some last-minute post-editing on the D23 and the Orchestral Concert PVs; Nomura wanted to tie things back to something with the word "dive," thinking back to the original concept of KH.
- There were some strong feelings about the Toy Story world, because Nomura wanted to include it in KH2. Nomura's been negotiating for it since the first KH game. He met with John Lasseter when he came to Japan and told him about every element he wanted to include.
- The Toy Story world does not take place during the original story, but picks up somewhere after Toy Story 2 and is consistent with the timeline of the movies.
- This isn’t in the PV, but there is a scene where Sora is mistaken for an action figure of a game character by Rex.
- Sora and company’s Toy Story world looks were designed by art directors who interacted to combine designs; the first team’s design was similar to action figures while the other group tried to match the aesthetic of Toy Story. The two had to come together and discuss and convince one another to arrive at the final design.
- The staff was surprised at how easy it was to reproduce the graphic appearance of the original films. The looks of other worlds and gimmicks and such have been difficult for this game.
- The Toy Story world’s percentage [of completeness] and quality was high enough to be seen earlier, but based on our PR plans it wasn’t shown until now. When they announced the Big Hero 6 world, Nomura could only show one illustration because it was a somewhat sudden request, so this time Nomura wanted to show video.
- Production on the Big Hero 6 world is going well, though the matter of the last selected world is still ahead of them.
- Multiple battle commands are displayed in the PV because there is always a choice in what to do in battle, there’s some tactical fun in assembling combos of your choosing. It might seem tough, but I want to reassure you that you can pull off some fancy techniques with the right button combinations.
- Each world will have it's own guest party members and they will have their unique collaboration commands, since it is a new system it will be introduced in details later.
- Riding a robot to fight was an early idea sent at the beginning of the development to the dev team, each floor of the toy shop will have it's own gimmick.
- The toy shop will be the main area in the Toy Story world you can enjoy other gimmicks with various toys sold there.
- There is surprise in the future.*
- The world where Young Eraqus and Xehanort is an original world. Also he mentions that KH3 will have less Disney worlds than KH2 in numbers, but they will be richer and more playable.
- There are so many characters, so the story is dark and he is not planning it to end it all at once.
- Each character story must be settled. This will involve members from the former Organization XIII.
- Nomura is not directing anything else beside the announced titles, but he is involved with many.
- Kingdom Hearts Union χ[cross] fifth Union leader chapter has been written and it will be released early August.
- Nomura would like to give us more information about Kingdom Hearts III battle later.
Toy Story is the latest world revealed for Kingdom Hearts III through the trailer unveiled last week at the D23 Expo in Anaheim. The Weekly Famitsu feature, which will recap the event and include an interview with Tetsuya Nomura, will be published on July 20 in Japan. Stay tuned with us for updates and translations!
UPDATE 1: The Weekly Famitsu issue has been released! Check out full scans of it, as well as full translations, here.