1. KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.5 ReMIX announced for PS3, releasing 2014, containing KH2FM & BBSFM & Re:coded

HD 2.5 ReMIX14 October 2013 by DChiuch

Today at D23 Expo Japan, Square Enix have announced a HD collection of KINGDOM HEARTS titles, named KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.5 ReMIX. The collection includes, KINGDOM HEARTS II FINAL MIX, KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep FINAL MIX and KINGDOM HEARTS Re:coded. The release date as this stage is simply 2014.

Update 1: KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.5 ReMIX is exclusive to the PlayStation 3. (Source: Post on PlayStation Blog) Note that this confirms that the game is coming internationally, and that KINGDOM HEARTS II FINAL MIX, KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep FINAL MIX will be full, playable titles, while KINGDOM HEARTS Re:coded will be a collection of HD remastered cinematics.

Update 2: Debut trailer!

Update 3: Official logos!

Update 4: Official Japanese KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.5 ReMIX website launched. Square Enix NA have also updated the official English KINGDOM HEARTS portal to feature KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.5 ReMIX.

Update 5: Unofficial English dubbed trailer! (Using official English voices, from previous games.)

Update 6: Amazon.com is now accepting pre-orders.

Comments

Denis Moltine, Dec 01 2013 10:51 AM

They´re only fully remastering the exclusives... I don´t know if they can port the full Re: Coded since it´s a Nintendo exclusive, but since they MADE the story, we get the cinematics... Maybe it´s part of a deal with Nintendo, SE can´t fully port the game, but can port the cinematics....

Idk if I´m making any sense in this matter, but I think it´s too much of a coincidence 2 of the Nintendo exclusives get only cutscenes... I was looking forward to play 358/2 Days and reacted just like that... At least I have a DS, so this problem for me is at least minimized...

Anyways, KH2 is one of my all-time favorites, and being able to play FM is awesome... I had an PSP in the past but never felt playing a KH game in a portable (I have a 3DS and don´t have DDD, for example...) and having the chance of playing BBS on full screen is amazing, seeing most players talking so much about this game (and the relevance of the story behind it) makes me want to play it more (and regret I didn´t play on PSP)...

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, RELEASE THIS ALREADY!!!

KH4Real, Nov 10 2013 03:55 PM

OMG I just found out...i haven't been paying attention to KH lately.

Awesome

But firetruck...it doesn't have DDD

Will it have Re:coded playable?

F*ck THIS.This is the epitome of laziness...hope Square goes bankrupt just like Capcom will soon be for treating us this way

This is disgusting

Or it was problaby 2.5 with KH2, Re:Coded, DDD and 0.5 with BBS, BBS V2 if DDD was on a collection.

It would be also to much for them for the most on a hd collection.

EternalReckoning, Nov 10 2013 10:06 AM

OH.MY.firetruckING.GOD.

but the question is: will Birth By Sleep be playable

The trailer seems to suggest that it will definetly be playable. :)

Ace326, Oct 30 2013 06:22 PM

Honestly I could care less about Re: Coded, but KH2FM and BBSFM is crazy. I just started playing 1.5 and the whole time Im playing Im just thinking "I wish this was 2.5".

DAMN, Oct 23 2013 01:49 PM

OMG I just found out...i haven't been paying attention to KH lately.

Awesome

But firetruck...it doesn't have DDD

Will it have Re:coded playable?

while KINGDOM HEARTS Re:coded will be a collection of HD remastered cinematics.

This is disgusting

Justin Mehmeti, Oct 20 2013 12:02 AM

I'm happy this is coming out, but irritated it won't be for PS4

J. Severe, Oct 16 2013 07:46 PM

Loving your new profile picture :D.

Thanks!

lars1080, Oct 16 2013 12:32 PM

When they announced this I wasn't even excited, we've known this was coming for a long time, :lol. Still very glad to see officially announced though. Can't wait to finally play Birth by Sleep. Hyped for Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix too, as it's a huge improvement over the original and I've had dreams of playing it ever since I watched all those videos on YouTube of insane hacks of Organization XIII member boss battles. Could care less about Re:coded though, its story isn't as memorable as Days's and the gameplay was the only truly great part of the game.

edit: Also pre-order link is up at Amazon http://www.amazon.co...iglink129408-20

and comparison GIF between BBS and BBS HD

mPgT5oz.gif

Gif's makes every picture look crappier so.. xd

Roxasman1231, Oct 16 2013 07:02 AM

Wasn't really a huge guess.. I mean it was pretty much obvious from the first remaster.

PrincessHearts25, Oct 15 2013 10:00 PM

and comparison GIF between BBS and BBS HD

mPgT5oz.gif

Loving your new profile picture :D.