1. KH for PC Browsers being developed by Korean studio, possible smartphone release

Kingdom Hearts χ[chi]19 January 2013 by DChiuch

At Tokyo Game Show 2012, Square Enix announced Kingdom Hearts for PC Browsers, an upcoming social web browser game with a tentative title. Since then, some screenshots and information has been released, but we still know relatively little about the title.

Today, we have discovered that Korean publication INews24 have published some information about the game. The game, which they refer to as "Kingdom Hearts online game", is being developed by a Korean studio known as "Studio EX", which was recently acquired by Disney. Series director Tetsuya Nomura mentioned in October that the game was being developed externally, so this checks out.

The article also mentions that the title is expected to become multi-platform, and released on smartphones as well as on the web browser. We have obtained a direct translation of the relevant part of the article, thanks to kalnet from KH13, and this translation can be read below.

[Most of the article discusses Disney's acquisition of Studio EX, and some of the games that Studio EX is currently developing.]

A Kingdom Hearts online game is being developed. Studio EX is expecting it to become a multi-platform game, where you can enjoy the game on smartphone or on the web. The action is likely to be a game similar to the MORPG genre.

Comments

Isamu_Kuno, Jan 21 2013 12:30 AM

If it's going to be on smartphones then I demand a KH for PC browsers PSVita app. The Vita basically is a smartphone only without the ability to actually call anyone.

Hikari2109, Jan 19 2013 05:18 PM

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Excitement :3.

Noobles, Jan 19 2013 03:52 PM

Your answer just answered my question lololololol.

lol. I did not realize that. I just read the article. It said most likely MORPG. Plus that's a popular genre throughout Korea and Asia. Plus it's going to be mobile and PC. So I wouldn't be surprised. But give or take, there's little information so we have to wait like always. Playing the Patient game.

Nick Sideris, Jan 19 2013 02:56 PM

MORPG genre. This is going to be interesting. I think it's going to be good since most MORPG online games are made from Korea and are popular international such as Maple Story and Grand Chase. I look forward to this. The smartphone option is going to be pretty cool. Playing KH no matter where I am B-)

Your answer just answered my question lololololol.

Noobles, Jan 19 2013 01:39 PM

Nick Sideris, Jan 19 2013 01:14 PM

So wait a minute it's gonna be online on the multi-platrforms ? I mean will you play with other people or just yourself?

Shana09, Jan 19 2013 12:56 PM

Yeah... :/ MMORPG would have been so nice. Just think about it army of keyblade wielders fighting against gigantic heartless or keybladers having huge wars.

But just some smartphone app/server browser. Sounds kinda meh. I'm gonna cry if I can't fully customize my own character.

I want something like that :<

ohwell

They'll probably make you partially customize your character, not totally.

The face is probably gonna stay the same.

Like this: http://kh13.com/zenp...012/a01_992.jpg

Also the battle style is probably gonna be similar to Club Penguin Card Jitsu kind of style, not the CoM battle style where you still have cards but you are able to at least move.

Club Penguin Card Jitsu style is like you stand there with no movement within battles, pick a card with a higher number and/or advantage (or nothing to do with advantages) and if you get the higher number you hit the person.

Excluding the "3-ice-fire-water-stack win" thing they put.

dusk, Jan 19 2013 12:47 PM

MORPG?

So it's not gonna be that massive?

Eh could've guessed since its probably gonna be a web browser and a smartphone app.

If they make it pretty good then I'll probably play it, :3

Kishira, Jan 19 2013 12:12 PM

Owo! I'm actually starting to become interested in this little side game. xD

Indecypher, Jan 19 2013 11:58 AM

I guess not all companies bought make as much of a ruckus as Marvel or LucasArts.