1. HD 1.5 ReMIX in the November 22 Famitsu: full translation & scans

HD 1.5 ReMIX in the November 22 Famitsu: full translation & scans

HD 1.5 ReMIX23 November 2012 by DChiuch

The latest issue of Famitsu Weekly, releasing on November 22, 2012, has contained a one-page article about Tai Yasue, the co-director of the Kingdom Hearts series. The article lists his works, and has a small interview with him. There is also a short feature about Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMIX, where it is revealed that the development is at 80-90%, and a post-game element is being considered. Read on for our scans, and the full translation thanks to our translator, goldpanner.

---Moving on from that, with you working on the Kingdom Hearts series under Mr. Nomura, which title left the deepest impression on you?

Yasue: Birth by Sleep. It was like being in a dream. We packed in everything under the sun, so the busy period was hell (laughs). That said, having produced the remake title Re:Chain of Memories before that meant my team understood the series and things went along with the groundwork having been laid, and 3D was an important title that 'connected to the future of the series', so I have strong memories of all the titles.

---Mr. Yasue, please tell us the ideals you uphold and the points you take care with when producing games.

Yasue: I do everything I can to create something fun. I want to make games that are packed with a particular characteristic style. I think that the 'energy' I felt playing FFVII is important. With our recent titles it has been difficult to leave wiggle room because it always comes at a cost, but everyone on my team is highly motivated to incorporate new gameplay, so that's an area we attack without pulling any punches. When we get obsessed with an interesting idea, we get so wrapped up in it that we even lose our appetite for food and sleep. I want to always relish that feeling with my fellow staff.

New Titles from Mr. Yasue
KINGDOM HEARTS -HD 1.5 ReMIX-
[PS3/Square Enix/TBA 2013/price TBA]
A HD remastering of three titles from the series. Among them, one title has been remade as a video volume. When we asked Mr. Yasue about development progress, he said 'Development is at about 80~90%. For this title we have been updating character and scenery textures as well as the controls. Right now we are considering some small element to add as a perk for clearing the game.'

Comments

Mila, Nov 26 2012 06:45 AM

It wouldn't make since not to have English voices for the western release of 1.5, since the voices were already recorded for KH1 and ReCom when they were first released. The only voice work that would probably need to be done is for the new Days scenes.

1.5 will have English voices...that is 100%
but Japanese will not because SE never made it available in any game (except 2)
I'm worry about the EU voices
German, French and Spanish are available, too for KH I and II, but will SE use it? or will they give us a kick in the a** and use the English voices only because the last KH games had only English voices, too and because they won't do any dub except Japanese and English for the future games.....

because you never know what is on SE's mind a lot can be possible
no EU dubs for all games in 1.5 = SE wants to save money and are a**h**** to us
EU dubs for all games in 1.5 = Disney gave the order to make/use those dubs...maybe with financial support from Disney
EU dubs for KH I, but not Re:CoM and Days = they are kind because they use the existing dubs, but also mean because they want to save money

Shazzam, Nov 25 2012 01:16 PM

KH4Real, Nov 25 2012 11:37 AM

Yep but you can try looking for ps3 savegames trophies will be blocked ofcourse.

Mila, Nov 25 2012 06:08 AM

@darklunatic and ShiningFantasia12

Square Enix never used Japanese voices for a release in the west
always English voices with subs
the only exception is Star Ocean International for PS3 which has even German, French etc subs on the Japanese version...a true international version
ah...and before I forget it...Last Remnant for PC has Japanese, too

technically it would be possible to make all 4 dubs available (Epic Mickey 2 has 6 in the EU version), but we all know Square....they won't do it
in case of FFXIII they said that Japanese AND English would be possible and they will think about to make both available, but in the end it was only with English voices
the ones who wanted Japanese voices with English subs had to import the Chinese/HK version

the FMs of KH had English voices because English is the native language of all Disney films, cartoons etc

and I don't worry about English voices for ReMIX and it doesn't matter to me if there will be Japanese voices in the west release or not
I want the dub in my language back!!!

Nexol13, Nov 24 2012 11:33 PM

Okay, how much you wanna bet that they've already started the international release's production and that the VAs are keeping it on the down-low? :huh:

Naxhas, Nov 24 2012 10:15 PM

actually, if you can find it, there is an adapter for the ps3 that released years ago that allows you to copy your ps2 save files to the ps3. even so, it won't work with the HD re-releases

Shazzam, Nov 24 2012 02:32 PM

Well I see no reason why they wouldn't simply take the English voices already done and use those. Isn't that what the original KHFM did in Japan anyway? If not, that would make 1.5 the first English release of a KH game with Japanese voices.

Mila, Nov 24 2012 09:42 AM

There better be a way to transfer a PS2 save file to the HD release. I spent forever and a half to get all of my abilities,weapons, accessories, and armor. Even if its a New Game + that would be challenging enough to alow the transfer would be perfectly acceptable for me.

that won't be possible...sorry
it will be hard for everyone who spend a lot of time to get everything, but it's like a new game and you have to do all again...even if you start a new game with your PS2 version

only PSX save files are transferable from PSP to PS3 and vice versa, but not PS2

McKenzie Cooper, Nov 23 2012 05:13 PM

sonnyinsanity, Nov 23 2012 02:40 PM

"post-game element is being considered"
What does that mean? ((: