The latest issue of Famitsu Weekly, releasing on October 4, 2012, has contained an article on Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMIX-, with mention of Kingdom Hearts for PC Browsers. Details of this article have appeared online on 2ch.net, gamenyarth and hokanko-alt, and translations have appeared thanks to sqexgal [original translation] and our translator goldpanner [original translation]. Read on to see a summary of what Nomura said, and check back later for scans and the full interview.
- Famitsu asked “Is there gonna be a high-definition version of Kingdom Hearts II later?”, and Nomura replied “It’d be unusual if there wasn’t.”
- Various character models for Kingdom Hearts, including Sora, have been replaced with character models from Kingdom Hearts 3D.
- The two titles included as games will have trophy support. Various aspects of Kingdom Hearts have been changed to be more like Kingdom Hearts II. The screen ratio and gauge placement have also been revised. The controls are made to be a little closer to the Kingdom Hearts II controls.
- Nomura thought of doing a full remake for Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, but since it was too late to start work on a new title, it was done in the form of Theater Mode. 70% of the main story has been put to video with freshly-recorded voicing, and they are currently working on around 100 scenes.
- The series so far has been scattered on various hardware, by the time new fans came to know Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts II was already out. Before turning to the conclusion of the present series, the 'Seeker of Darkness Chronicles' (same as what has been called the Xehanort Chronicles up until now), Nomura wanted to bring the whole story together.
- Nomura: “I figured since there were people who had a hard time keeping up with the sequels, we had to start from the beginning with Kingdom Hearts HD. I also thought that familiar fans might make new discoveries seeing everything in chronological order with the sequels side by side.”
- Nomura said that because the series so far has been scattered over different consoles, there have been people who found it difficult to access sequels. Seeing as you will now be able to enjoy the story in HD quality right from the beginning, he would absolutely love for those who haven't played yet to do so. Even those who have already played it all may make new discoveries regarding foreshadowing and lines that reference previous lines and such. He would be happy if this title turns out to be a 'restart' for the series.