1. Kingdom Hearts 3D to be localized in English, German & French

Kingdom Hearts 3D to be localized in English, German & French

Kingdom Hearts 3D20 June 2012 by DChiuch

Square Enix have announced some details concerning the European version of Kingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance]. They confirmed that the game will only support English, German and French language (in the form of text/subtitles/menus/etc), with English voice overs for all. In Spain and Italy, the game will come with a localized box and documents, however, the game itself will be in English. Kingdom Hearts 3D releases in Europe on July 20, 2012.

Comments

Vens_Heart, Jun 25 2012 05:45 PM

no need for thanks
I don't like the localization policy of $quare €nix because you never know if a game get localized or not
and when localized.....you get this:
=> Dissidia 012 - only subs for Story Mode were localized
=> 3rd Birthday - only English dub/sub
=> Chrono Trigger DS - only English/French subs => Chrono Trigger for iPhone....more localized subs....how stupid is this?
=> FF PSP Remakes - only English subs
etc

Alex*Sora*89, Jun 25 2012 05:06 PM

Thanks for your sympathy, personally, it means a lot to me. ;-)

Sky Lily, Jun 25 2012 01:29 PM

I only speak English, but this is just screwed up. =/

Vens_Heart, Jun 25 2012 08:09 AM

I'm German so this doesn't really effect me, but I feel sorry for all Spanish and Italian KH fans
but you can see how bad the KH localization became over the years
KH I + II => localized dub
Chain of Memories => doesn't really matter because only subs were important
Re:Chain of Memories => no localization for Europe
358/2 Days and Re:coded => localization for subs only (because they're only "small" games...it's not THAT bad)
Birth by Sleep => localization for subs only (someone told me that the German script is lipsync and this indicates that localized dub was planned, but canceled)
Dream Drop Distance => no Spanish and Italian subs <- worst localized KH game up till now

and to compare NA with EU releases: Europe don't get their own dub after KH II anymore (Spain had their own, too !), no Re:Chain of Memories, no Special Edition for DDD and the worst thing: missing subs for 2 languages
so please don't complain about EU getting DDD earlier or France (not Europe) getting a Pre-Order Bonus from GAME

Alex*Sora*89, Jun 23 2012 03:44 PM

The petition has almost reached 5000 signatures. Holy smokes, Square Enix isn't gonna ignore this.

Alex*Sora*89, Jun 22 2012 05:14 PM

Sorry for the typo, I meant "On a side note".

Alex*Sora*89, Jun 22 2012 12:50 PM

Yep, we know, Miguel.

On a side know, HOLY SMOKES DOWNLOADING THE DEMO NOW (the only instance of the lack of localized text actually making sense).

Ligero_miguel, Jun 22 2012 12:24 PM

If it is not in Spanish and Italian WE WON'T BUY THE GAME!
Si no sale en español e italiano !NO COMPRAREMOS EL JUEGO!
QUE TODO EL MUNDO FIRME!
EVERYONE SIGN!
FIRMARE TUTTI!
If not translated:
ALL FANS TOGETHER!!!
SQUARE-ENIX AND NINTENDO LISTEN TO US!
Copy and paste this in all the videogame sites you visit, and send it to your friends
ES:Copia y pega este mensaje en todos los sitios de videojuegos que visites y pásalo a tus amigos
ITA:Copia e incolla questo messaggio su ogni sito visitato videogiochi e divertirsi con i tuoi amici

Alex*Sora*89, Jun 22 2012 08:36 AM

Yep. If you want a fanbase, learn how to keep it.

Of course, if the petition keeps going that strong, we can hope for Spanish and Italian subs getting released as a patch (hey, KH3D actually does support patches, so yeah).

Moni_22, Jun 22 2012 04:18 AM

I'll say, if any KH was dubbed in my language, it would lose the charm the series is known for. It just wouldn't be the same.

KH 2 was dubbed in Spanish, but I didn't like it too much. Well, it wasn't that bad.

Of course Kingdom hearts is dubbed in English, I mean English is the most important language. :3

We're not talking about dubbed, I prefer the English dubbed btw. We're talking about subbed.

Sorry, I had no idea. Didn't see the other pages of this thread and found out about it by myself.

Bah, no problem. ^^

This is stupid!
If SE plans on releasing games to foreign language countries, they should put effort to subbing the text in game to the country's respectful language. They did it for France and Germany, why can't they do it for Spain, and Italy? That's not right.
It does makes sense to leave english voices, but not subbing the text for the countries? that is downright low!

has this situation happened before with KH subbing?

As far as I know, all KH games that came to Spain are in Spanish.