I KNEW IT! I KNEW THE GAME WOULD NOT COME OUT THIS YEAR! I KNEW IT! YOU SEE THIS PEOPLE? DON'T...EVER...TRUST...SQUARE...ENIX...AGAIN. THEY REALLY TEST OUR PATIENCE. "COMING 2018". I KNEW KH3 WOULDN'T COME OUT IN 2018.
There isn't any one site we get it from. We research and follow various reliable and verified news sources and go from there, whether that be SE, Disney, or their employees. Whenever we have a news article we always provide the source in the article.
Jul 14 2017 07:36 PM
Hello there, everybody. In this topic/thread, I'm going to show you some arguments I've seen on social media regarding this controversy and tell you why I believe they are wrong. Here we go:
1) Just because Disney bought these properties, that doesn't mean "they are Disney": If that's the case, then how do you guys explain the Disney Infinity series? Shouldn't it be called "Disney + Pixar + Marvel + Star Wars Infinity" then?
2) These properties don't fit Kingdom Hearts: Um, yes, they do. Remember the ending of the Olympus Coliseum back in KH2? Sora, Donald and Goofy are pretty much official heroes now. Don't you think they could team up with other (super)heroes and help them take down (super)villains by now? Also, Star Wars is pretty much about Light vs Darkness, a perfect theme for the KH series.
3) BBS already has the "Light vs Darkness" theme: So what? Many Disney films also have similar themes and are still featured in the KH series. Want an example? The Hunchback of Notre Dame and Tangled: both movies's main character is somebody (Quasimodo and Rapunzel) who have lived isolated from society for most part of their lives (both also have artistic skills) until somebody (Esmeralda and Flynn Rider) show them the outside world.
4) Marvel and Star Wars's universes are too huge for Kingdom Hearts: So is the Disney universe. From what I remember, the Disney universe began even before Mickey Mouse was created (1928), with Pete and Oswald the Lucky Rabbit. Pete was part of a "show" called "Alice Comedies". So think about it for a second: ever since 1928, how many characters, movies, cartoons, TV series and other Disney stuff were created? Hundreds, if not thousands. So, yes, the Disney universe is also huge. Not as huge as Marvel's or Star Wars's, but you know what I mean.
5) Just because Pirates of the Caribbean and Tron were added in KH2, that's not an excuse to add Marvel and Star Wars: Yes, it is. Yes, it is, because when I hear the word "Disney", the first thing that comes to my mind are the animated stuff, not the live-action ones. So, if PotC and Tron can be added to a series about cartoony/anime characters, Marvel and Star Wars can be added too.
6) These properties have so many storylines (almost like a TV series). It would be impossible/too difficult to fit KH: if it proves to be too difficult, here's an idea: both Marvel Universe and Star Wars Universe have infinite dimensions (Earth-616, for example), don't they? It's simple: create two dimensions that are specific/exclusive to the KH universe, but that are still connected to the Marvel and Star Wars multiverses/universes, you see (for example: Earth-713, seven lights, thirteen darknesses or Earth-SW for Star Wars)?
7) But I don't want to see another live-action world in the KH series again: Well, if that's the case, there are the Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels cartoons. Use them as a base to make a world. Also, there are countless Marvel animated series and comic books out there which have superheroes together. Just choose one of them and go ahead.
8) Even if these properties get added in the future, I'm still not too fond of the idea of having a world for each: OK, then, how about having a Marvel comic book at Radiant Garden, just like Winnie The Pooh book? Sounds good to me. And, as many have said before, while we are travelling between worlds, we could spot the Death Star in the Lanes Between just like Monstro back in KH1, remember?
9) Wouldn't it be ridiculous to see superheroes like Iron Man, Thor, Hulk and countless others have to rely on a kid like Sora to take down their enemies? Ahem, must I remind you all comic book fans that Spider-Man is a member of the Avengers? And, didn't the Avengers rely on him several times to do some missions before? And, isn't Spider-Man pretty much Sora's age (15 or 16)? And, didn't Sora defeat gods (Hades, Genie Jafar, Hercules), Titans (Rock Titan, Ice Titan), demons (Chernabog) and hundreds of powerful monsters (Dragon Maleficent, Kurt Zisa, basically any giant Heartless)/enemies (Organization XIII, Disney Villains) before? On a side note, didn't Phoebus rely on Riku to take down Frollo and Wargoyle back in DDD? And he even said: "Gotta tell you, it's embarassing have to rely on a kid". Also, Sora seems to have some superhuman feats like: barely being tired after killing 1000 Heartless all by himself, being able to reflect hundreds of lasers alongside Riku, etc.
10) But these properties are still not Disney: Kingdom Hearts was born with the idea of having Disney characters and Final Fantasy characters interacting with each other. Remember: FINAL FANTASY characters. And then, what happened? DDD introduced The World Ends With You characters. Is TWEWY the same as Final Fantasy? Nope, not in a 1000 years. So, if Square Enix can add another franchise of theirs in KH, Disney can also do the same thing. Also, if they made TWEYW work in DDD, they can also make Marvel and Star Wars work in KH someday.
Well, then, here's my opinion, guys. Thank you for taking your time to read it and, if you can, post your thoughts/ideas here, please. Would love to read them all.
Hello, everybody, how are you doing? Well then, inspired by our dear fellow user Wan_Pisu, I've decided to do this thread to ask your opinions about the following topic: since it's been pretty much confirmed that both Marvel and Star Wars WILL NOT BE IN KH3 (at least as worlds), do you think there might be, at least, a chance to bring its characters to the franchise as Summons and/or D-Links? For example: personally, I'd love if we could get Spider-Man or Hulk (from Marvel, of course) or any other superhero from this publisher as temporary allies. And Yoda or Luke Skywalker from Star Wars as well. Many people think it's better that they save these worlds for the next saga (if that ever happens; the worlds not the saga). So, this could be a great way to tease upcoming worlds for the next saga, right?
Anyway, what do you guys think? Is there even a slim chance that characters from these two huge franchises appear as temporary allies (be it as Summons or D-Links) to Sora and his friends? Feel free to give me your thoughts and opinions...
Hey there, everybody, how are you doing? So, um, in this latest Famitsu article posted and translated here, on this site, there was a part which said about D-Links and then this article mentions Ariel and Meow Wow. If I remember correctly, D-Links, unlike summons, only let you borrow powers from those which you make a bond with in a specific world, right? Also also, D-Links are only available if you visit a certain world, arent' they? For example: Zack became a D-Link for Terra, Ventus and Aqua only because they visited Olympus Coliseum. Unlike Summons, which gives you the power to call a character and he/she aids you in combat, not necessarily meaning we visit their worlds. So, unless Square Enix has decided to change the Summons slot in the command menu to D-Link, could this mean Atlantica MIGHT return in KH3? Remember: we can only obtain a D-Link if we visit that character's world.
Anyway, what are your opinions, everyone? Could this simply be an error from Famitsu or do you think there might be more to it than we can see? Am I dreaming too much?
Hello, everybody. What I'm trying to say in this topic is: which character(s) from the original movies do you guys think might not appear in their worlds in KH3? For example: in the original The Little Mermaid movie, Scuttle (Ariel's bird friend) appeared, but, he didn't appear in KH2 anytime, not even when Ariel was in her human form living on the land (temporarily) with Eric. In the Mulan world back in KH2, Cri-Kee and Mulan's horse also didn't appear. The same could be said about Gus (Cinderella's mouse friend), Zazu (in Pride Lands) and many more examples. Here are my guesses:
1) Tangled world: Maximus (the horse), Captain of the Guards (the one trying to arrest Flynn Rider) and some of the Pub Thugs. Please, don't take out The Stabbington Brothers, Square Enix/Disney.
2) Big Hero 6 world: Aunt Cassie, since relatives are not THAT important in the KH universe, anyway and Fred's bodyguard.
3) Toy Story world: of course, not ALL toys will be featured on the world, but it's really hard to guess which ones won't appear. I would also say Andy's mother, BUT she is way too important for the series, even indirectly. In Toy Story 2, she picked Wheezy (the penguin) as one of the toys to be sold, which caused Woody to go rescue him and then be kidnapped/stolen, leading to all those events we saw. And, in Toy Story 3, she mistakenly took Andy's toys to be donated to the day care center, again leading to another chain of events. (Yes, I know the story of this world in KH3 will be after the second movie, just wanted to explain her importance).
4) Monsters. Inc world: Randall's minion (that red monster, forgot his name), Rozz (that old lady who dislikes Mike).
5) Hercules world: not all gods and goddess will appear.
6) Frozen world (Yes, it will happen): Sven the reindeer, The Duke of Weseltown and his lackeys.
If I remember correctly, in KH3, NPCs will join the battle sometimes, right? If that's the case, then please consider these characters I mentioned only as people/animals walking around to talk to/interact.
Anyway, what are your opinions, everybody? Let me know.