The opening isn't to hard to top for me(It's still good and my probably my favourite 1st YGO opening, but it feels like it doesn't suit VRAINS settings), but the ending...that's a different story lol
May 15 2017 11:04 AM
This status update has reached the maximum number of replies allowed
Axel's sacrifice.It perfectly demonstrate that nobodies do, in fact have emotions.
One of the most powerful scenes for me was the scene after defeating the MCP. Tron shows so much emotion and he's just a program. Emotion isn't a logical process, so this is something that had some sort of effect on me.
It also fits with the whole "nobodies have no emotions" thing in KH2.
Alright, so first, we got more details about Yusaku. We can see Kusanagi's younger brother got imprisoned somewhere, and I really wonder about who the mysterious person who gave Yusaku is. So far, Yusaku's past is the thing I am most interested in the plot.
Secondly, we now know that death/severe damage in the VR world basically means death/severe mental damage in real life. That means that all these people who got burnt alive freaking died or got put into a coma or something.
And Thirdly, Aoi saved Yusaku. This should make the annoying people who screamed that Aoi is a damsel shut up.
Now, for the duel itself:
1. I don't mind the speed duels. They get 4K LP, and skills are far better than action cards and they are one time only, so they can't get abused. Also, both duelist can use them, instead of Yuma's Shining Draw(which we got an explanation about like 100 episodes later) and had only 2 duels where Yuma and his opponent used them. They can actually make the duels interesting if used right. I do hope that major duels are Master Duels though
2. Yusaku (slightly) smiled during the duel on some occasions, so Kusanagi was right about that. Yusaku will probably grow to enjoy duelling as the series progress.
Considering it was my favourite part in GX, I am pretty happy. Speaking of which it also looks interesting seeing Yusaku learning how to speed duel, even though he probably speed dueled before getting his amnesia.
3. I loved that Yusaku used cracking Dragon's effects for his own advantage in order to summon Decode Talker, which got an amazing summoning sequence, by the way. Yusaku's voice actor nailed it. Usually strats like this are in major duels.
Lastly, some other stuff:
1. I really love Yusaku and the AI's relationship. The backlash is so funny and it got a lot of humour, yet they are both helpful to each other. You can see that Ignis consider Yusaku a partner from some of the dialogue(as when he encourages him to endure the Storm Acess), but Yusaku just sees him as a tool.
2. I love the running gag of "Yusaku is obsessed with the number 3." Three-Strike-Barrier is pretty much a joke on that, and the scene about Yusaku's motivation to win was so funny because of it, while still managing to remain awesome.
3. It looks like Yusaku meets Revolver in the next episode from the preview or he just ran from his dragon. I can't wait for the next episode.
(Yes, I am going to write my posts like this in every review from now on)
I just hope they don't recycle the alter ego/doppelganger nonsense
It's rather mundane now
Dead parents would be good, it would develop Yusaku's character quite well. Some backstory as well so we know what happened, assuming it's relevant to the plot.
Yeah, and I assume that if that's the case, they died somehow during the incidents. It will also add to Yusaku's relationship with Kusanagi, because if they're dead, he is probably the one who looks after him
Also nothing to say about me typing like Yusaku with his obsession with the number 3? ಠ╭╮ಠ