Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Musings on the latest episode since I finally got to it:

Shinso's power is pretty cool, but I have to admit that I found his mini-flashback/background reveal a little weak sauce. I mean, it's a little unfair given that we have backstories for Izuku, Ochaco, and especially Shoto to compare and contrast with, but I just didn't really get into it. Shinso feels so standoffish to a point where he's not really entertaining and combining that with the weight of his own personal issues being honestly not that engaging or even that relatable in the slightest... eh. Maybe he'll get better, but as of right now, he's probably my least favorite character. On a similar note: even though Ojiro had a fairly important role in this episode, I can't get into him either. His design and powers are just too weird for me.

I'm interested to see how the other Round 1 fights go down, especially Katsuki vs. Ochaco.

I actually thought that Shinso's backstory was pretty sad! It's tough having a power like his, since most people would be scared of him and consider him more of a villain than a hero! And he even looks the part! It's hard to persevere in the world when it feels like everyone's against you, ya know?

But I do agree that there are backstories that have more weight to them! Todoroki's, for example! His story still tugs at my heartstrings! :

Edited by The Transcendent Key

I actually thought that Shinso's backstory was pretty sad! It's tough having a power like his, since most people would be scared of him and consider him more of a villain than a hero! And he even looks the part! It's hard to persevere in the world when it feels like everyone's against you, ya know?

But I do agree that there are backstories that have more weight to them! Todoroki's, for example! His story still tugs at my heartstrings! :

Yeah, that's the feeling we were supposed to get, but it didn't really present itself as such to me. It felt more like he was just paranoid about people thinking he was a villain instead of people actually thinking that about him. All in all, it's just a problem with "show, don't tell" for me, and honestly, there wasn't much showing at all when it came to Shinso because there was more attention paid towards making him all mysterious and moody and such. But that's just me.

Anyways, since I'm here, might as well comment on the last two episodes too.

I honestly didn't expect every match of Round 1 to go by so fast, but from what we saw, I got some good entertainment out of, especially the Tenya vs. Mei and Mina vs. Yuuga, but overall, I could tell that they were mostly just throwaway filler until Ochaco vs. Katsuki happened (other than Ibara of course).

As for Ochaco vs. Katsuki itself, it was pretty good and I honestly would have been satisfied regardless of who actually won. I was confused as to how Ochaco actually lost given that the show didn't explain how she lost all her stamina, but then I read from another source about how it happened in the manga and it made more sense. Hopefully that doesn't happen too much more in the future because this has been a pretty solid adaption of the manga so far, as far as I know at least, and it would suck if more details like that ended up missing the final cut. Also, all the stuff afterwards was pretty solid too. Can't wait for Izuku vs. Shoto next episode. :D

Yeah, that's the feeling we were supposed to get, but it didn't really present itself as such to me. It felt more like he was just paranoid about people thinking he was a villain instead of people actually thinking that about him. All in all, it's just a problem with "show, don't tell" for me, and honestly, there wasn't much showing at all when it came to Shinso because there was more attention paid towards making him all mysterious and moody and such. But that's just me.

Anyways, since I'm here, might as well comment on the last two episodes too.

I honestly didn't expect every match of Round 1 to go by so fast, but from what we saw, I got some good entertainment out of, especially the Tenya vs. Mei and Mina vs. Yuuga, but overall, I could tell that they were mostly just throwaway filler until Ochaco vs. Katsuki happened (other than Ibara of course).

As for Ochaco vs. Katsuki itself, it was pretty good and I honestly would have been satisfied regardless of who actually won. I was confused as to how Ochaco actually lost given that the show didn't explain how she lost all her stamina, but then I read from another source about how it happened in the manga and it made more sense. Hopefully that doesn't happen too much more in the future because this has been a pretty solid adaption of the manga so far, as far as I know at least, and it would suck if more details like that ended up missing the final cut. Also, all the stuff afterwards was pretty solid too. Can't wait for Izuku vs. Shoto next episode. :D

Well, maybe we'll see more character development for Shinzo in the long run, so we'll probably see more of him, ya know?

And well, I thought that the fights on display were pretty badass! One of the more hilarious showdowns was definitely Kirishima vs. TetsuTetsu. I got myself quite the chuckle from that arm wrestling duel! xD

Omg, and Mina was just so ugh!!!! She's my favorite female character, she's such an adorable bae!!! Lol, and I think her powers are pretty cool! What I don't understand if it's supposed to be some kind of silky web or acid or both? Anyways, the fights were awesome, and I also loved Ibara's fight. And here I thought Bayonetta could do trippy stuff with her hair, but Ibara shows that she can get the job done too! xD

Oh, and I agree, Kachan vs. Uraraka was definitely a gripping match! I actually thought she was going to win, since she seemed like she was going to have the proper strategy in place! She didn't take into account Kachan's strength, though! It was like a match between a titan and an underdog! Even though Uraraka lost, she gave it her all, and ultimately, that was the most important thing!

Gahhh, I can't wait to see Izuku fight against Shoto! It's going to be one hell of a match, that much I can tell you!

I couldn't wait after where that lat episode ended. I ended up reading the manga till its latest chapter. I have a new favorite series.

Haha, so I'm guessing it gets even better? Don't spoil, please! I'm watching the anime, and as such, I haven't read the manga, and I probably won't since I want to see the anime. After that, then I'd read the manga up to wherever the anime ends up, ya know?

Haha, so I'm guessing it gets even better? Don't spoil, please! I'm watching the anime, and as such, I haven't read the manga, and I probably won't since I want to see the anime. After that, then I'd read the manga up to wherever the anime ends up, ya know?

Of course Id never spoil. I really hope they keep going after this season.

ok so that was interesting. They introduced Stain. That's interesting. They could have skipped that entirely if they weren't planning a season 3. Hopefully we will get more. I say that but it's a big If. I'd like them to keep going but most anime don't get more seasons. It's unfortunate but true. I really hope though.

ok so that was interesting. They introduced Stain. That's interesting. They could have skipped that entirely if they weren't planning a season 3. Hopefully we will get more. I say that but it's a big If. I'd like them to keep going but most anime don't get more seasons. It's unfortunate but true. I really hope though.

It says on MyAnimeList that the 2nd season will last till September this year.

It says on MyAnimeList that the 2nd season will last till September this year.

Holy floating gravy boats we might get to see that. Holy crap i didn't know. This is great.

Holy floating gravy boats we might get to see that. Holy crap i didn't know. This is great.

Well i don't want to get any hopes up, i don't know if it's certain or not but here's the link if you want to check for yourself

https://myanimelist.net/anime/33486/Boku_no_Hero_Academia_2nd_Season

Thoughts on Season 2, Episode 11:

Man, last week was such a satisfying, emotional ending to the Sports Festival. So many great moments, fights, and characters. I can't wait to see what will come next in the show now that we've finished the rounds and-oh wait... the festival is still going on? ... Really? xD

If you can't tell, I'm a little caught off-guard by the newest episode (and just to reiterate, I don't read the manga and I don't plan on doing so any time soon so please don't start talking to me about stuff I don't know about yet). I wouldn't say it's a bad thing, it just feels like the entire point of this arc was to help develop and expand on Shoto, and now that he fought Izuku, now would be a good time to wrap things up.

But no, the tournament is still going on, and now we have this new mini-subplot that basically comes out of nowhere in Tenya's brother getting pwned off screen by the new villain dude Hero Killer Stain, who if you recall I was very excited to see at the end of Season 1, but I'll expand on that later.

Again, I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing, and this is clearly the start of a completely new arc as several other fans have led me to believe, but it does sort of cheapen the whole rest of the tournament for me because other that Katsuki vs. Shoto, there's not much to look forward too, especially given how quick those last few matches on the bracket went. Not that seeing Katsuki vs. Shoto would be cool, but Katsuki doesn't really have an arc, Shoto finished his, and right now I feel like the entire thing is going to get broken down by Stain attacking everybody Konoha Crush style. Then again, I could be wrong, but this is just how I feel for this episode alone. It was still pretty good overall, though.

And what about Stain, you ask... oh ho, yes, I've been waiting for this moment. If there's one thing I loved about the first season, it was seeing all of these wacky and totally insane villains get their ham on, in more ways than one, and this Stain guy looks like the perfect combination of absolute madness and killer badassery. I cannot wait to see him dive into action because it's clear he's going to team up with Tomura's league of villains and plot something with them.

Edited by Firaga

Well, I'm sure that with the popularity that My Hero Academia has gotten, I think it's dead certain that we'll get a Season 3, and if the manga is pretty far ahead, then there's even more reason to continue this anime adaption! The animation, story, voice acting and overall tone are amazing, and it's a huge hit within the anime community, so I'm sure that a Season 3 will definitely be greenlit!

The latest episode was amazing, and with what happened at the end, I'm getting the vibe that something bad is about to happen! O.O

Thoughts on Season 2, Episodes 12-13:

Lots of good character work in Episode 12 but like I mentioned with the last episode, now that Todoroki is essentially finished with his development (or at least the development in this arc), the tournament feels a bit secondary compared to how much more important it felt during the earlier episodes, especially since Captain Ego himself Katsuki just pisses away the honor of winning it down the toilet. Oh Katsuki, you're gonna be the next Stain, aren't ya? *sitcom laugh* But oh well, live and let learn. The arc still finished smoothly, I just would have preferred if things ended more cut and dry.

Episode 13 was really cute. Seeing everybody pick out names, the Eraserhead/Present Mic mini-flashback, and of course, seeing Torino at the end. Tenya's plot with Stain and his brother seems like it's gearing up (ha, get it) to be a really intense trip, so I can't wait to see what unfolds there too. Also, I'm aware that Torino draws influence from Yoda, but I already made the comparison of him and Izuku with Goku and Karin from DragonBall. Trickster mentors are always fun. xD

Thoughts on Season 2, Episodes 12-13:

Lots of good character work in Episode 12 but like I mentioned with the last episode, now that Todoroki is essentially finished with his development (or at least the development in this arc), the tournament feels a bit secondary compared to how much more important it felt during the earlier episodes, especially since Captain Ego himself Katsuki just pisses away the honor of winning it down the toilet. Oh Katsuki, you're gonna be the next Stain, aren't ya? *sitcom laugh* But oh well, live and let learn. The arc still finished smoothly, I just would have preferred if things ended more cut and dry.

Episode 13 was really cute. Seeing everybody pick out names, the Eraserhead/Present Mic mini-flashback, and of course, seeing Torino at the end. Tenya's plot with Stain and his brother seems like it's gearing up (ha, get it) to be a really intense trip, so I can't wait to see what unfolds there too. Also, I'm aware that Torino draws influence from Yoda, but I already made the comparison of him and Izuku with Goku and Karin from DragonBall. Trickster mentors are always fun. xD

I agree, development was awesome, and I was caught by surprise by who won the tournament! I actually thought Todoroki was going to win, but it looks like he lost that spark he displayed in the fight against Midoriya, and therefore didn't give his all, so I understand why Kachan was upset when he turned out to be the winner. His victory felt empty because Todoroki never gave his all to the fight! Overall, the tournament was entertaining to watch!

Oh, and as for the next arc, it's gonna be insane! I wonder how Ida is going to handle things? I'm taking a guess that he'll want to even things out against Stain, and he might try to go after him alone! So something bad could happen here! Stain in general spells ill omens whenever he walks around, so I think a few heroes are gonna die...

Lol, and Torino looks like he'll be an entertaining character to see in action! Overall, I can't wait to see what the rest of the season is going be! :D

Thoughts on Season 2, Episode 14:

Not much to say to be honest since the basis of this episode was fairly simple: Izuku and his classmates start training with their respective hero mentors. Special shout-out to Izuku training in the alleyway as that reminded me a lot of Super Mario 64 for some reason. xD

Next week though, oh man, it's villain central. Bring on the Stain! 

Thoughts on Season 2, Episode 14:

Not much to say to be honest since the basis of this episode was fairly simple: Izuku and his classmates start training with their respective hero mentors. Special shout-out to Izuku training in the alleyway as that reminded me a lot of Super Mario 64 for some reason. xD

Next week though, oh man, it's villain central. Bring on the Stain! 

Yesss, this weekend's episode was pretty funny! One of the highlights for me was seeing Tetsutetsu and Kirishima working together for the same hero! xD And Gran Torino has a lot of spunk for a geezer! Very Yoda-ish! xD

OH YESSSS, I KNOW!!!! STAIN AND THE VILLAINS, GAHHH, I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Thoughts on the newest episode:

Whoooooooa boy, now things are really getting interesting, and yes, I'm referring to the end of the episode. Not that the rest of the episode was bad, but just more of the same, barring Tenya's plot of course. I especially liked the sequence in the beginning with Torino and Izuku. Really dynamic stuff given the small space they were given.

Thoughts on the newest episode:

Whoooooooa boy, now things are really getting interesting, and yes, I'm referring to the end of the episode. Not that the rest of the episode was bad, but just more of the same, barring Tenya's plot of course. I especially liked the sequence in the beginning with Torino and Izuku. Really dynamic stuff given the small space they were given.

Sadly, I will not be able to watch the latest Episode till June 29th, since the Dub got delayed a bit, and since I'm watching the dub, I won't switch to sub, ya know? So unfortunately, I can't peek at that spoiler tag of yours! xD

Thoughts on Season 2, Episode 16-17

This entire Stain thing had a lot of really cool action moments and great character development for our boy Tenya, but dangit, was that honestly how Stain goes out? A random broken rib poking his lung? Seems like a bit of a cop-out. But at least he got to be really awesome and I hope he does more for the series later on. He seems like a character who has a long shelf life given his overall motivation.

Sadly, I will not be able to watch the latest Episode till June 29th, since the Dub got delayed a bit, and since I'm watching the dub, I won't switch to sub, ya know? So unfortunately, I can't peek at that spoiler tag of yours! xD

I know how you feel. I unfortunately made the switch as I was about to be three episodes behind and wanted my fix. Sucks. They were doing so well with the simuldubs! In regards to the last episode though:

Stain is a firetruckin beast! I did guess out of curiosity the counter form of "One for All"...apparently it does exist and I'm sure we're leading up to that given All Might's reaction. I do wonder what will be the results of Bakugo's internship though lol.

Thoughts on Season 2, Episodes 18-20:

Man, I really fell behind. Anyways:

Episode 18 had me excited to see all the new villains that are bound to show up, especially that zombie looking guy and the yandere looking schoolgirl. And it makes me glad that although Stain had such a short existence in this arc, the show is still using his presence as an important plot point in the ongoing storyline. I still want to see him fight again though, it's just so much fun.  :lol:

Episode 19, as I've been told, was a filler episode and it definetly felt like one. But I still though it was enjoyable though most it came from everybody who wasn't Tsu who the episode focused on... as it definetly didn't focus on the whole of Izuku's class like the episode implied because hey, Tsu is best girl and all. This is what I meant when I said these side characters feel like they're being treated as more important as they truly are. No offense to them individually, I'm just saying. Also again, Tsu is best girl, so it works out in the end anyway.

Episode 20 confirmed that I was already thinking for a while, and that is that Shigaraki was involved with All For One/One For All given all the subtle (and not-so-subtle) hints the show had been dropping thus far. The All For One guy seems like he'll make for a pretty intimidating antagonist too, especially since I hear that he takes inspiration from Darth Vader. Kohei Horikoshi sure loves his Star Wars.  :tongue: