•    Sign In   
  • Create Account
Photo

First Anniversary of Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ in Japan brings news of new worlds, multiplayer modes, and a message from Tetsuya Nomura

KHUX

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 soraspromise

soraspromise

Keyblade Master in Training

• News Team (+)
  • 285 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 10:18 PM

Square Enix Bridge has recently updated with various exciting announcements for the Japanese version of Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ to celebrate its first anniversary.

Some of the announcements include new worlds including what seems to be Castle of Dreams and the announcement that one of the worlds will be from a Disney world that has not been previously included in any Kingdom Hearts game thus far. Another announcement also includes the introduction of new multiplayer modes.

Last but not least, it was also confirmed that it was Ventus in the art that was released for Kingdom Hearts χ[chi]'s 3rd anniversary. Spoilers for Kingdom Hearts χ[chi]'s Final and Special episodes follow:
Spoiler

The official international Twitter account for Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ also made a tweetpromising that exciting announcements were coming soon as well!

A message from Tetsuya Nomura was also included with these announcements and can be viewed below thanks to Katie Armstrong.

Spoiler

Click here to view the article

#2 Godskeybladewarrior

Godskeybladewarrior

Weilder of the Key of Twilight

• 181 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 10:25 PM

interesting...

#3 RikuFangirl2008

RikuFangirl2008

The One Who Walks the Road to Dawn

• 2,233 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 10:29 PM

O.O This week has gotten better! 

#4 Kingdomhe

Kingdomhe

Edge of Ultima's master

• 2,340 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 10:38 PM

Welp, now I'm even more hyped for season 2. 

#5 kingdombladesventus

kingdombladesventus
  • 103 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 10:49 PM

That thumbnail looks like an original world than anything else. If it's talking about that. Either way, I'm so interested where the story is going.

#6 James Lutz

James Lutz

Large Champion 3+3

• 658 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 11:08 PM

Calling it now: the brand new world is either Jungle Book or Frozen.

#7 Moochieh32

Moochieh32
  • 837 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 11:11 PM

Attached File  oD1uNKq9k.png   557.25KB   0 downloads

http://cache.sqex-br...formation/20638

This new multiplayer mode looks alot lìke co-op, like in 358/2 days. HYPE. Brand new world? Starting to believe more and more that Season 2 takes place during KH3! :D

Edited by Moochieh32, 30 August 2016 - 11:17 PM.

#8 KairiKeybasH

KairiKeybasH

I Admit I did wrong...

• 977 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 11:46 PM

So it IS Ventus in the 3rd Aniversary art?!?! Mindblowed. Season 2 is going to be BIG i tell ya BIG! I NEED THE GAME LIKE NOW! My sister has it, but i don't! I need to catch up.

Edited by MarieltheKeybasHGirl, 30 August 2016 - 11:47 PM.

#9 Hero of Light XIV

Hero of Light XIV
  • 4,276 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 11:57 PM

OMG!!! TOO MUCH HYPE!!! I seriously need this to happen NOW!!....but I guess I'll have to wait til we get caught up to KH X first. Please give us a bunch of story updates soon Nomura! T3T <3 <3 <3

#10 CharmedPotter

CharmedPotter

AstralKnight

• 33 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 02:23 AM

It should've been obvious that that was Ventus in that art! Anybody who knows the difference between Roxas and Ventus should have already known this. Just saying.

#11 Zimomo

Zimomo
  • 172 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 04:48 AM

Oh well, there go my hopes for our version of Ux to catch up with the jpn one in time for season two... Oh well, at least this looks like pretty cool stuff :P

#12 khsg

khsg

Light within Darkness

• 146 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 05:25 AM

The new world will be jungle book or zootopia...

#13 2 quid is good

2 quid is good

Ya girl pal :)

• 905 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 06:16 AM

Hmmm now I have to delete loads of photos to find a gig of space for ux again, and I'll be starting from the beginning great >.<

Multiplayer sounds nice though

Edited by 2 quid is good, 31 August 2016 - 06:17 AM.

#14 Awesome Sauce

Awesome Sauce

Just a wee lad who's completed 5 KH titles

• 685 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 06:26 AM

PLEASE let that new world be Jungle Book! Please let that new world be Jungle Book!

#15 Alpha Baymax

Alpha Baymax

The Mayor of Mechonis

• 2,712 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 10:10 AM

Calling it now: the brand new world is either Jungle Book or Frozen.

Actually, I'm thinking that it'll either be Pocahontas or Hawaii from Lilo and Stitch (as Pranksters Paradise was treated as a new world in Dream Drop Distance).

#16 palizinhas

palizinhas
  • 187 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 10:26 AM

Hawaii might be a possibility, at least it seems hard to apply it to KH3 or other future games since BBS has Deep Space, which is right before the movie, and it's been 12 years since BBS in-universe (and yeah, time passes differently in different worlds, but I imagine not that much). KHUX might be the only place to get the ACTUAL Lilo and Stitch story (which I really, really want because I love the movie), and it would look cute. But Jungle Book has been considered for so many games, it seems like the safest bet.

#17 James Lutz

James Lutz

Large Champion 3+3

• 658 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 10:44 AM

Actually, I'm thinking that it'll either be Pocahontas or Hawaii from Lilo and Stitch (as Pranksters Paradise was treated as a new world in Dream Drop Distance).

We're both just guessing, but what's your logic behind these choices?

I'm betting this new world will also feature in KH3 as well, so I picked the two I thought had the highest chances of being in KH3.

#18 Andrew Rowland

Andrew Rowland

Glitchy Weirdness

• 750 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 02:05 PM

Hawaii might be a possibility, at least it seems hard to apply it to KH3 or other future games since BBS has Deep Space, which is right before the movie, and it's been 12 years since BBS in-universe (and yeah, time passes differently in different worlds, but I imagine not that much). KHUX might be the only place to get the ACTUAL Lilo and Stitch story (which I really, really want because I love the movie), and it would look cute. But Jungle Book has been considered for so many games, it seems like the safest bet.

They could always just "Time flows differently in different worlds" it.

#19 Kinode

Kinode

Xion is Dead

• 4,587 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 02:39 PM

I'd suggest everyone reads KHI's translation of the article as well, as some implications sound a bit different, and we never know. Either way, I'm really excited for co-op and the new world, not to mention, apparently Ventus has a connection to KHX after all!

This is all just really interesting!

#20 The Transcendent Key

The Transcendent Key

"No-Heart"

• 10,480 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 08:18 PM

Ventus being the one in the Key Art?  Big story developments?  Co-op mode?  A new Disney world we've yet to see in the KH series!?  GOOD GOOD, SO MUCH NEWS, SO MUCH HYPE!!!! X_X

Thanks for this article, Sora'spromise! :3

Wow, but this is all very interesting! I can't wait for us to get to Season 2, because I'm sure we'll get very exciting and shocking revelations along the way!  Just the fact alone that Ventus relates to X at all is a big wow factor!  I wonder how he fits into all of this!?  GAHHH, THE HYPE! X_X