Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Isamu Kuno

KHRecoded Braig or Xigbar? (Spoilers for 2.5/Re:coded)

Past or Present?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think this is Braig or Xigbar?

• Braig (Past. Time Traveled from after BbS)
    • Xigbar (Present.Reconfigured after destruction in KH2)

Okay as most of us know arleady, (and for those who don't: What are you wating for!?) A new Secret Ending was added to the HD cutscenes of Re:coded in 2.5 and there are some dissenting opinions on who one of the characters is.

This scene takes place between the end of Re:coded and the beginning of 3D, as you can see by the presence of Lea and Isa and the fact that Ienzo is an adult.
Now I want your opinions, is the person talking to Young Xehanort in this scene a time-displaced Braig from near the end of or sometime shortly after BbS or a reconstructed Xigbar after being being defeated in KH2? Some say it's Xigbar because it doesn't make sense for there to be two of the same character. Others say it's Braig because time travel. What about you?

Personally, I'm in camp Braig. Not only does he have shorter hair with no streaks but even his face is younger here than it is in KH2 and 3D. If he was reconfigured, he should still have the same amount of age on his face.

PS, Sorry if this has been postedbefore, but I don't think it's ever been a poll.
  Edited by Isamu Kuno

as if! he will always be Bigrax Xigbar to me,  Braig is just that name he had. But in the cutscene he is officially Xigbar. He's already been transferred over. He just isn't wearing his coat

Edited by Dustin Newton

I would say a Braig who time traveled to get there. Everyone in front of them appears as they did age wise when they were defeated as Noboides but returned in what they were wearing as Somebodies. Obviously Braig could've been wearing his normal clothes when he became Xigbar, but he lacks the hair he had when Sora defeated him.

I would say that is a recompleted Braig after his Heartless and Xigbar were destroyed as we don't see Braig's body on the floor where Apprentice Xehanort released his heart.

However, the weird things about this is that his hair looks just like that of Braig in Birth By Sleep and not like Xigbar's in Kingdom Hearts 2. It's weird because Lea's and Ienzo's hairs grew just like their respective Nobodies.

He's Braig there. Hard to say if he's Xiggy or not in DDD. I know it SAYS he is, but I don't see any reason for him to go back when he had Xehanort's heart in him even when he was Braig.

I think in DDD he's still known as Xigbar because he has kept the name with the Recusant's Sigil as to be marked as a Xehanort vessel.

as if! he will always be Bigrax Xigbar to me,  Braig is just that name he had. But in the cutscene he is officially Xigbar. He's already been transferred over. He just isn't wearing his coat

He's not just not wearing his black coat, he also has way short hair and no grey strips in it. If he was the recompleted version he should look older like Zexion does in KH3D. I'm thinking they just firetrucked up with the models or didn't give a shit.

He's not just not wearing his black coat, he also has way short hair and no grey strips in it. If he was the recompleted version he should look older like Zexion does in KH3D. I'm thinking they just firetrucked up with the models or didn't give a shit.

we dont exactly know when this takes place and we don't have a definite answer as to why his hair has gray. It could be because he's more like xehanort or he might have aged a bit. He's older than Terra and transversely, Xemnas (who is estimated to be around 30 by Nomura), so it could be any number of logical reasons

we dont exactly know when this takes place and we don't have a definite answer as to why his hair has gray. It could be because he's more like xehanort or he might have aged a bit. He's older than Terra and transversely, Xemnas (who is estimated to be around 30 by Nomura), so it could be any number of logical reasons

The thing is Xigbar has long hair with grey strips in it in KH2, and in this cutscene which takes place after Re:coded he has short hair and no grey strips and then later on in KH3D he has gone back to the long hair with grey strips. Either they firetrucked up or there are two versions of Braig/Xigbar in this real Organization XIII.

The thing is Xigbar has long hair with grey strips in it in KH2, and in this cutscene which takes place after Re:coded he has short hair and no grey strips and then later on in KH3D he has gone back to the long hair with grey strips. Either they firetrucked up or there are two versions of Braig/Xigbar in this real Organization XIII.

Just because it was in recoded does not mean it takes place after recoded, do you understand? The cutscenes in 2 final mix dont take place during 2 they take place during kh 1 maybe earlier

Edited by Dustin Newton

Just because it was in recoded does not mean it takes place after recoded, do you understand? The cutscenes in 2 final mix dont take place during 2 they take place during kh 1 maybe earlier

The cutscene in Re:coded that is shown above displays all Organization members from number 3 to 8 having returned as their proper human self. Of course it takes place after the events of KH2!

Edited by JTD95

The cutscene in Re:coded that is shown above displays all Organization members from number 3 to 8 having returned as their proper human self. Of course it takes place after the events of KH2!

does it? or does it show them right after the experiment was done and young xehanort is explaining? you forget that young xehanort is time travelling

Edited by Dustin Newton

Which scene are you talking about, because all the ones I can think of happen during KH2. 

The one where Riku lets Namine go, KH2

The one where Xaldin threatenes Axel, KH2

The one where Axel and Roxas have a literal heart-to-heart, KH2

The one where the remaining members of the Org talk about the battle between Sora and Roxas, KH2

The only ones that could posibly take place before that are the one when Xemnas accesses the secret basemet and the conversation between Xigbar and Zexion.

does it? or does it show them right after the experiment was done and young xehanort is explaining? you forget that young xehanort is time travelling

Lea and Isa weren't part of the experiment.  That's why they're not considered founding members. If this took place before they became Nobodies, they'd be the only ones there because the otheres would have already disappeared and become Nobodies. Even if they where, the experiment happened one year after BbS, at that time Lea and Isa where stil teenagers, here they are fully grown adults.

Edited by Isamu Kuno

I'm talking about the scene where Xigbar is talking to Zexion. Just because Isa and Lea arent founding members doesnt mean they were'nt there. Ansem had 6 apprentices, all of them are founding members. we know for a fact that Isa and lea are interested in Ansem's castle, who's to say they didnt try to break in several times after they failed at the end of BBS

Which scene are you talking about, because all the ones I can think of happen during KH2
The one where Riku lets Namine go, KH2
The one where Xaldin threatenes Axel, KH2
The one where Axel and Roxas have a literal heart-to-heart, KH2
The one where the remaining members of the Org talk about the battle between Sora and Roxas, KH2
The only ones that could posibly take place before that are the one when Xemnas accesses the secret basemetn and the conversation between Xigbar and Zexion.

Lea and Isa weren't part of the experiment.  That's why they're not considered founding members. If this took place before they became Nobodies, they'd be the only ones there because the otheres would have already disappeared and become Nobodies. Even if they where, the experiment happened one year after BbS, at that time Lea and Isa where stil teenagers, here they are fully grown adults.

I'm talking about the scene where Xigbar is talking to Zexion. Just because Isa and Lea arent founding members doesnt mean they were'nt there. Ansem had 6 apprentices, all of them are founding members. we know for a fact that Isa and lea are interested in Ansem's castle, who's to say they didnt try to break in several times after they failed at the end of BBS

I'm very aware of that Young Xehanort is a time traveler. The cutscene display an adult Ienzo, Isa and Lea, so obviously its after their return as humans and not prior to their transformations into nobodies.

I'm very aware of that Young Xehanort is a time traveler. The cutscene display an adult Ienzo, Isa and Lea, so obviously its after their return as humans and not prior to their transformations into nobodies.

do you know when they became nobodies? who said that they were still kids when it happened? there is a time frame of 9 years for when the experiment happened

We saw the scene when their hearts where removed in 3D, Lea and Isa where absent and Ienzo was a child.

Edited by Isamu Kuno

do you know when they became nobodies? who said that they were still kids when it happened? there is a time frame of 9 years for when the experiment happened

We see Xehanort transforming Even, Ienzo and Xigbar into nobodies at the begin of KH3D.

maxresdefault.jpg

We don't have a timeframe of 9 years, we have a time frame of one year. Radiant Garden fell to darkness 9 years before KH, BbS takes place 10 years before KH. 

10-9=1

Edited by Isamu Kuno

You know, for the record, his name would definitely be Braig. The Xigbar we see in DDD is Xigbar as he is not only notated as Xigbar in the journal, but Young Xehanort directly calls him Xigbar at one point.

The question still remains as to which one is reformed and which one is from time travel. I'm more inclined to think Braig is the time travel one though. The present day Xigbar would be the most aged one, I would assume.

I'm actually a little on the fence about this!  I don't know if this is Braig or Xigbar!  I mean, it could be Braig, since it does look like him from Birth By Sleep, but it could be Xigbar!  Well, maybe it is Xigbar!  Because think about it, when Sora destroyed the Organization, their whole selves returned once more, and this is probably that time period!  Or this could be when the Organization members are just starting to become Nobodies?  Gahh, I don't know! D:

I'm actually a little on the fence about this!  I don't know if this is Braig or Xigbar!  I mean, it could be Braig, since it does look like him from Birth By Sleep, but it could be Xigbar!  Well, maybe it is Xigbar!  Because think about it, when Sora destroyed the Organization, their whole selves returned once more, and this is probably that time period!  Or this could be when the Organization members are just starting to become Nobodies?  Gahh, I don't know! D:

It's after KH2. But it could also be that Xigbar is already with Xemnas setting up the trap for Sora and Riku. 

Edited by Isamu Kuno