Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
xTheOnlyProdigyx

Does Axel "need" a Keyblade in Kingdom Hearts 3?

What's going on guys! I'm here again to share with you guys another one of my newest videos. This video is me talking about Whether Axel actually "needs" a Keyblade or not. The video may be short but I do go over a lot, so hopefully you guys enjoy!

p.s Yes I realize I spelled "wield" incorrectly in the Thumbnail xD Edited by xTheOnlyProdigyx

Personally, I don't think Axel needed a Keyblade, but I don't think him having one is bad either. He could be very unique in Kingdom Hearts 3 for being the only Guardian of Light (not necessarily one of the main seven) to wield both a Keyblade AND another weapon, in this case, his chakrams.

Now for Kairi: While it was never outright stated in the games that she will become one of the seven Guardians of Light, her keychain being one of the symbols on the chess board in the E3 2015 KH3 trailer 'confirms' it. I know it doesn't confirm it, but considering the symbolism of the... uhm... symbols, I think it's safe to assume.

Plus, there is also this to consider; a quotation from the Dream Drop Distance Ultimania:

— Are the 7 Guardians of Light the 7 people raising their Keyblades at the end of the opening movie?

Nomura: But among them, you’re missing Kairi, who appeared in the secret ending of this title. Please look forward to finding out whether those seven will actually be the 7 Guardians of Light.

Again, this doesn't confirm that she will be one of the seven Guardians of Light, but this quotation should be considered and remembered.

Edited by Master Eraqus

Personally, I don't think Axel needed a Keyblade, but I don't think him having one is bad either. He could be very unique in Kingdom Hearts 3 for being the only Guardian of Light (not necessarily one of the main seven) to wield both a Keyblade AND another weapon, in this case, his chakrams.

Now for Kairi: While it was never outright stated in the games that she will become one of the seven Guardians of Light, her keychain being one of the symbols on the chess board in the E3 2015 KH3 trailer 'confirms' it. I know it doesn't confirm it, but considering the symbolism of the... uhm... symbols, I think it's safe to assume.

Plus, there is also this to consider; a quotation from the Dream Drop Distance Ultimania:

— Are the 7 Guardians of Light the 7 people raising their Keyblades at the end of the opening movie?

Nomura: But among them, you’re missing Kairi, who appeared in the secret ending of this title. Please look forward to finding out whether those seven will actually be the 7 Guardians of Light.

Again, this doesn't confirm that she will be one of the seven Guardians of Light, but this quotation should be considered and remembered.

I understand a lot of what your saying, Kairi is probably more likely to be a guardian of light. Although I wish it was Lea because Kairi literally has like no fighting experience, but hey she could become some type of prodigy with the Keyblade, i dont really know. Also Kairi is one of the Princesses of Heart, the whole reason the guardians of light were even made was to protect them. Not saying Kairi shouldn't be a guardian for that reason, but it's definitely something to remember as well. 

I understand a lot of what your saying, Kairi is probably more likely to be a guardian of light. Although I wish it was Lea because Kairi literally has like no fighting experience, but hey she could become some type of prodigy with the Keyblade, i dont really know. Also Kairi is one of the Princesses of Heart, the whole reason the guardians of light were even made was to protect them. Not saying Kairi shouldn't be a guardian for that reason, but it's definitely something to remember as well. 

She may not have any fighting experience... ok she barely has fighting experience xD, but she definitely has potential. She's brave, as shown with her running into a Corridor of Darkness with no hesitation just to find Sora as well as being able to defeat Shadows with just one swipe each the moment she gets a Keyblade.

Now I know you said you don't think Kairi shouldn't be a guardian for the reason to protect the Princesses of Heart, so I don't want to sound like I'm correcting you or anything like that. :) If Xehanort would target the Princesses of Heart, she would at least be able to defend herself.

That was a great video, Prodigy!  And wow, you were right!  Even though it was short, you did cover a lot, which was impressive! :D

But anyways, personally, I'm happy that Lea has his own Keyblade now!  He's certainly shown the qualities of being a Keyblade Wielder, and he's in on this to get Roxas back, and I'm pretty sure he wants to save Isa, so that strength of heart of his to bring back his friends probably deemed him worthy of the Keyblade!

And well, since Keyblade Transformations are a thing, I can just imagine Lea starting an epic combo with the Keyblade, and in mid combo, he transforms the Keyblade into his two iconic chakrams and brings on the heat to deliver a fiery finisher! :D

But yeah, I'm glad Lea has a Keyblade! :3

Edited by The Transcendent Key

Whether he needs it or not doesn't exactly matter since he already has one. However, I think the more Keyblade wielders siding with the seven, the better because Master Xehanort will need to be defeated and the seven will surely need all the help they can get.