Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Exiblade7

KH2 Button mashing is not necessarily mindless

I know that some people think that button mashing is mindless, but I'll have to disagree with that. If you played kingdom hearts 2 you should know( I know most of you did, but still) . I mean. you can beat the game by button mashing, but it's not mindless because the game makes you think when to attack and not to attack. I great explain of this is when you fight the battle organization 13 members. Each character has a certain opening that let's you attack for a certain amount of time before they suddenly attack you back and that is if you attacked them for too long (I love how the game tries to punish you for button mashing on certain boss battles). The game also makes you press the dodge button too so..

Edited by Zeldablade7

Honestly, I never understood the whole button mashing debate, since I played the game strategically, ya know?  I used spells, items, Drive Forms, and when I went in to do combos, I certainly mashed that X button to max out my combos, you betcha!  Button mashing, as you said, is really for when openings present themselves, and even then, one has a small window of opportunity to deal a lot of hits in before getting hit back, ya know?  It's a game of cat and mouse! :3

Edited by The Transcendent Key

hmmmm i'd still say button mashing is mindless. the act of repeatedly pushing one button over and over again requires very little thought. 

it sounds like you're arguing that the thoughts going behind when you button mash keep it from being mindless, but i disagree. 

either way you're still mindless pressing the same button. when you do it doesn't really matter. 

it's not necessarily a bad thing to button mash. KH2 could be considered a spectacle fighter because of all the flashy moves you can do. even if you button mash you're still getting entertaining results. it'd be worse if you were stuck with a basic three-hit combo for the entire game. 

luckily, for those who want to challenge themselves and really see what the combat system can do, KH2FM provides Critical Mode and the No Exp. Ability. 

KH2FM seemingly provides the best of both worlds, from a gameplay perspective.