Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Ha Zweiokopf

Kingdom Hearts Theory: The Master of Masters is Vanitas!

Kingdom Hearts Theory: The Master of Masters is Vanitas!

Hey guys, this is not my first theory and I am planning on doing a mini forum series maybe depending on how you guys like these Theories. Something to note is that I am not native to the english language so please excuse me for mistakes. Also I want you to have a look at another thread of mine where I am discussing symbolism in Kingom Hearts in general:

http://kh13.com/forum/topic/98933-symbols-in-the-book-of-prophecies/

I will keep the thread above updated and already have some updates to make for the symbols I asked about. Also a lot of my theory ideas come from this research that I did there. Please enjoy!

·         Claim: Vanitas is the Master of Masters

Who is Vanitas?

·         Vanitas is a character in Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep who wasn’t born normally. Instead, Master Xehanort had a pupil called Ventus who had a heart mixed with light and darkness. He was afraid to release it to control the heartless so Master Xehanort extracted the darkness inside him and gave it a body. This body was called „Vanitas“.

What does his name mean?

·         Vanitas comes from the latin word for „vanity“ (lat. Vanitas). It means „emptiness“ in the first place. However, another word for Vanitas is Superbia. Superbia can be translated to „pride“.

Who is the Master of Masters?

·         The MoM is he first guy to ever own a keyblade. He had 6 pupils. He granted 5 of them a book that predicted the future, the book of prophecies. However, the 6th apprentice did not get a copy of that book. These 5 were known as the Foretellers.

Who are the Foretellers?

·         The Foretellers are 5 pupils of the MoM that got handed a book of prophecies. The book said that the world was going to end and be swallowed by darkness. So the 5 set out to create unions to gather Lux in order to prevent the darkness from winning. They created 5 Unions:

§ Anguis

§ Leopardos

§ Unicornis

§ Ursus

§ Vulpes

How are the Foretellers, the 6th apprentice, the MoM and Vanitas related?

·         The foreteller’s names are based on the 7 deadly sins and their representive animals from the ancrene wise

1.      Anguis // Master Invi // Invidia // Envy

2.      Leopardos // Master Gula // Gula // Gluttony

3.      Vulpes // Master Ava // Avaritia // Greed

4.      Ursus // Master Aced // Acedia // Sloth

5.      Unicornis // Master Ira // Ira // Wrath

6.      6th Apprentice // Master Luxu // Luxuria // Luxury

7.      Master of Masters // Master ??? // Superbia // Pride

So the one missing puzzle piece to complete the 7 deadly sins is Superbia, the Pride. It is said that he is the leader over all other deadly sins, This fits perfectly since we’re talking about the Master of Masters.

If the game follows the naming, the master will probably be called Superb or Perbia. However, as I mentioned earlier, Superbia can also be translated in latin into Vanitas. Where do we know that from? Right! It’s the dark half of Ventus heart.

But now you want to know of course why and how?

Let’s first look onto the “why?”:

So why should Vanitas be the one big guy behind everything? Well there’s some things that would aim to this direction as well.

·         Xehanort in BBS wields the keyblade of Luxu, the 6th apprentice of the MoM, making him connected to Luxu rather than the MoM

·         In the end ob BBS, Vanitas is the one being granted the X-Blade which is said to be the original Keyblade all other Keyblades were formed afer (the MoM was the one creating the first Keyblade, so he might as well have been the weilder of the X-Blade)

·         Vanitas saying in the end that “This X-Blade will open a door – one that leads to all worlds. Then, Keyblade bearing warriors will flock here from each and every one of them…” What he is referring to are the dandelions that got sent into the realm of unchained to wait until the Keyblade war was over. Thought they do not have any power over this realm so they need to wait until someone frees them from there. Ava, who sent them there is likely to be dead since the first Keyblade war. So where from does Vanitas have the knowledge over this and claims to have the power to control/access this realm?

Now that we have some good pints as for why he would be the MoM over Xehanort, let’s look at the “how?”:

·         Originally we thought, that Vanitas looks like Sora because at the start of BBS, Ventus’ heart went to Soras to search for protection and healing. But what if that is only half true? There could be a longer connection that goes as follows:

§ In the ancient times of the foretellers, the Master of Masters was named Vanitas. He created the book of prophecies and handed it to the foretellers.

§ This being was the origin of both, Vanitas and Sora as we know them today

§ At one point, with no way out because the war of his pupils came closer and closer, the darker half thought it was too weak with the light part being inside of it. The MoM split himself up into a part of light and a part of darkness.

§ Doing so also destroyed his weapon, the X-Blade leaving him unable to keep balance between light and darkness. This destroyed him as well and he needed to search for a heart to heal him. He chose Gula’s heart to be the chosen one.

§ Both parts healed inside Gula. The Keyblade War happened, but without the MoM and the X-Blade to keep the worlds in balance, darkness prevails and the light expires.

§ All foretellers and other warriors were killed in the war and their hearts returned into Kingdom Hearts. The dark part of the MoM takes the first Keyblade he created, the Keyblade of Luxu.

§ The only light to survive the war were some kids inside of each world. They started to heal the worlds with their light, rebuilding them. The dark MoM goes on to live, changing bodies from time to time when it’s needed.

§ The MoM light part resided inside of Kingdom Heart, waiting for his rebirth alongside the other foretellers. That day eventually comes and they are all alive again at the same time.

§ It turns out, that Sora is the light part of the MoM with a bit of darkness he absorbed when connected to Gula. Gula was reborn as Ventus, Invi as Aqua, Aced as Terra, Ira as Riku, Ava as Kairi. Luxus reborn name is unkown so far.

§ Now the events of BBS start. To start, the dark part of the MoM has lived for so long and was so swallowed up by darkness, he finally found a heart that was strong enough to let him heal inside: Ventus

§ Ventus becomes the pupil of Master Xehanort (maybe the reborn Luxu?), gets his darkness split away from him and boom Vanitas is back, but not at full power.

§ This is also why the X-Blade couldn’t forge correctly in BBS. It wasn’t the full parts of the MoM fighting each other. Ventus only had a small part of the light part inside of him. Xehanorts misinterpretes this and thinks that there need to be a clash between all 13 darknesses and all 7 lights.

§ Later on, when Sora becomes a heartless and Roxas comes into existence, that’s the real reason why Roxas looks like Ventus. Because Sora/the MoM’s heart resided inside of him for a short amount of time, not the other way around. Because otherwise it would be more logical if Roxas would look like Sora, but he didn’t. He looks like Ventus, because that was the only darkness he had inside him.

§ And this is also the reason why Vanitas looks like Sora. Not because he got that look in the moment of the split, but because he looked similar to that centuries ago when he was the age of Ventus.

Yes, I agree, the “how?” part is pretty wild, but think about it. Vanitas is the one being granted the X-Blade, the way Vanitas and Roxas are looking makes much more sense like this (because why in the world would Sora’s Nobody look like someone who was maybe 1% or at best 10% of his heart?), Vanitas being a synonym for Superbia in latin, meaning he fits the deadly sins leader theme 100% (Sora also being a Lion, he looks like Sora, Lion representing Pride/Superbia) and last but not least Vanitas Heart reacting to Soras heart in KH3D.

Overall I think that it’s pretty likely THAT Vanitas will be the Master of Masters. Even if, in the beginning we might not know because they could also call him Superb/Perbia to keep the naming according to Wikipedia names for the deadly sins. I am sure it will turn out that it is infact Vanitas. I could see it happen totally different thought, that was just the most plausible way how it could happen for me.

Your DommeUG

Edited by Ha Zweiokopf

Damn, this theory is pretty good, and you make some pretty good points!  But I gotta agree with Robbie here, there are some slight things that kinda debunk this theory, such as the X-Blade being the counterpart to Kingdom Hearts, meaning that the MoM never forged it.  Remember, all other Keyblades were man made, fashioned after the X-Blade, which wasn't man made, ya know?  And I agree with Robbie, the MoM ain't gonna look to keep balance if he's causing all this chaos in the first place!  He's causing discord and destruction all for the sake of a higher purpose!

And as Robbie mentioned, Vanitas looking like Sora was most probably because of Ven's heart connecting with Sora's!  So yeah!

But this theory is pretty darn good!  I like how you went in depth and analytical!  Who knows?  You could be right in assuming that the MoM is Vanitas, but for now, all we can do is wonder, ya know? :3

Okay, I'm sorry, no. You're making A LOT of assumptions here just to support this hypothesis, as well as a few factual errors. For one thing, Xehanort wasn't trying to get Ven to "control the Heartless" or whatever, he was just trying to provoke Ven into fighting them in order to unleash his Darkness, which didn't happen because he was too weak to fight back out of fear. The X-Blade that was formed in BBS was NOT the same X-Blade from the legend, that one was a false X-Blade as it was not formed from 7 lights and 13 darknesses. The X-Blade was never said to actually be wielded by any one person, just that it was the counterpart to Kingdom Hearts and was the key to unlocking it. Vanitas only looks like Sora because of Ven's heart being connected to Sora's. Nomura said that if Ven connected to Riku, then Vanitas would look just like Riku. There's literally no other reason for it. 

I would say the only thing worth considering is the fact that Vanitas' name can be linked to Pride. But otherwise everything is a huge stretch. Sorry to say, but I'm with Robbie as well, it's just too convoluted even for Kingdom Hearts.

You're English is fine though, no worries.

This is way too convuluted even by Kingdom Hearts standards. There is a lot stretches you have to make in order for this to be legitimate. For starters we have zero evidence that MoM ever wielded the X-blade. Unlike the modern era, the original X-Blade did not need to be created, it already existed alongside it's counterpart Kingdom Hearts. It was the battle between the hearts of darkness and light that brought the X-blade forth and inevitably destroyed it. So that alone knocks the notion that X-blade was forged from the heart of MoM.

The MoM is not concerned at all with the preservation of the world. In fact it seems it was his intentions that the Keyblade War be fought in the first place, so that Luxu would be able to travel to the world told in the Book of Prophecy. So it doesn't seem like he would go through all that to protect the balance of the world. There is a bigger prize in mind.

Also we directly see why Vanitas looks like Sora. It's because Vanitas is half of Ventus' heart. When Sora connected with Ven's heart Vanitas reacted to it as well and took on Sora's appearance. Had anyone else done the same, Vanitas would have looked like them. The heart shapes the vessel. This same principle applies to Roxas as well. When Sora split himself into Heartless and Nobody, he was still harboring Ven's injured heart. Ven's heart wouldn't have survived without a vessel, so it stayed with Sora's body as it became a Nobody. As such the newly born Nobody took on the identical appearance of Ventus.

Yes I agree with you that the part on how this could have happened is pretty convoluted! And I also know that the X-Blade was not man made and it was never said to be wielded by anyone. And I think there was some misunderstanding, I didn't (want) to say that the MoM forged the X-Blade, I was trying to make the point that he could've been it's wielder. Also in order to forge the first Keyblades in the picture of the X-Blade, he must've seen it atleast since otherwise why would he make Keyblades to begin with

The other thing is that I know the explanation for Vanitas looking like Sora, I think I also mentioned the original version in my theory, if not I should add it. My point was trying to say: "What if... Nomura e.g. did not tell the whole truth?" 

Okay, I'm sorry, no. You're making A LOT of assumptions here just to support this hypothesis, as well as a few factual errors. For one thing, Xehanort wasn't trying to get Ven to "control the Heartless" or whatever, he was just trying to provoke Ven into fighting them in order to unleash his Darkness, which didn't happen because he was too weak to fight back out of fear. The X-Blade that was formed in BBS was NOT the same X-Blade from the legend, that one was a false X-Blade as it was not formed from 7 lights and 13 darknesses. The X-Blade was never said to actually be wielded by any one person, just that it was the counterpart to Kingdom Hearts and was the key to unlocking it. Vanitas only looks like Sora because of Ven's heart being connected to Sora's. Nomura said that if Ven connected to Riku, then Vanitas would look just like Riku. There's literally no other reason for it. 

I would say the only thing worth considering is the fact that Vanitas' name can be linked to Pride. But otherwise everything is a huge stretch. Sorry to say, but I'm with Robbie as well, it's just too convoluted even for Kingdom Hearts.

You're English is fine though, no worries.

Kind of the same answer for you :D I was trying to think about possabilities on how to connect Vanitas to that ancient time. If you try for yourself, that's pretty hard to do without stretches and since I am sure there's going to be a connection, I wonder how Nomura will explain it.

Another interessting thing that popped up 4 hours ago on the original Kingdom Hearts Instagram account is this picture:

Since the picture doesn't work correctly, here's the screenshot I made: http://prnt.sc/bzdqhm

You can also simply look it up on the official Instagram account, I'm sure you'll find it. https://www.instagram.com/kingdomhearts_official/

Why in the world are they asking: "Who is this mysterious man?" when everybody is pretty sure of who he really is? Like I said this post was made after I posted my theory, otherwise I woul of have taken it into my theory as a little hint that something is not like we thought it was about Vanitas.

Damn, this theory is pretty good, and you make some pretty good points!  But I gotta agree with Robbie here, there are some slight things that kinda debunk this theory, such as the X-Blade being the counterpart to Kingdom Hearts, meaning that the MoM never forged it.  Remember, all other Keyblades were man made, fashioned after the X-Blade, which wasn't man made, ya know?  And I agree with Robbie, the MoM ain't gonna look to keep balance if he's causing all this chaos in the first place!  He's causing discord and destruction all for the sake of a higher purpose!

And as Robbie mentioned, Vanitas looking like Sora was most probably because of Ven's heart connecting with Sora's!  So yeah!

But this theory is pretty darn good!  I like how you went in depth and analytical!  Who knows?  You could be right in assuming that the MoM is Vanitas, but for now, all we can do is wonder, ya know? :3

Thank you! But I am still working on it. I love people giving me critic so maybe we can find out togheter what would be more logical. All help is welcome! For Robbies point read my answers above :) 

And something to mention for the whole theory: I am not really sure for myself on how Vanitas could be linked to the MoM, but I am pretty damn sure that he is. How would you guys say their connection is? Maybe some ideas I didn't think of could help out here.

Your DommeUG

Yes I agree with you that the part on how this could have happened is pretty convoluted! And I also know that the X-Blade was not man made and it was never said to be wielded by anyone. And I think there was some misunderstanding, I didn't (want) to say that the MoM forged the X-Blade, I was trying to make the point that he could've been it's wielder. Also in order to forge the first Keyblades in the picture of the X-Blade, he must've seen it atleast since otherwise why would he make Keyblades to begin with

The other thing is that I know the explanation for Vanitas looking like Sora, I think I also mentioned the original version in my theory, if not I should add it. My point was trying to say: "What if... Nomura e.g. did not tell the whole truth?" 

Kind of the same answer for you :D I was trying to think about possabilities on how to connect Vanitas to that ancient time. If you try for yourself, that's pretty hard to do without stretches and since I am sure there's going to be a connection, I wonder how Nomura will explain it.

Another interessting thing that popped up 4 hours ago on the original Kingdom Hearts Instagram account is this picture:

Since the picture doesn't work correctly, here's the screenshot I made: http://prnt.sc/bzdqhm

You can also simply look it up on the official Instagram account, I'm sure you'll find it. https://www.instagram.com/kingdomhearts_official/

Why in the world are they asking: "Who is this mysterious man?" when everybody is pretty sure of who he really is? Like I said this post was made after I posted my theory, otherwise I woul of have taken it into my theory as a little hint that something is not like we thought it was about Vanitas.

Thank you! But I am still working on it. I love people giving me critic so maybe we can find out togheter what would be more logical. All help is welcome! For Robbies point read my answers above :)

And something to mention for the whole theory: I am not really sure for myself on how Vanitas could be linked to the MoM, but I am pretty damn sure that he is. How would you guys say their connection is? Maybe some ideas I didn't think of could help out here.

Your DommeUG

That's the Kingdom Hearts FAN Instagram page. Square hasn't even set up an official Instagram account, they typically stick to social media spots like facebook and twitter. I wouldn't take anything said by them too seriously. For all we know they may not have even seen Vanitas before.

The thing with theories is that if you HAVE to stretch a lot for it to make sense, it might not be sound enough to be believable. While there's always a chance that Nomura is throwing a curve ball at us, I doubt it's going to be something as random as this. There's typically a pattern to these kinds of things, signs that sort of telegraph hints of a character's true nature. Vanitas' voice actor, Young Xehanort's ethereal blades, Terra's hairstyle and facial structure, etc. So far, on MoM, we have NOTHING to go on. The closest thing to any kind of clue or connection is that name association you came up with, but even that is just an assumption. It's an interesting observation, but I'm willing to be it's not that simple. Odds are he is his own identity, though there's still likely a shock to be made with his appearance. As far as my headcanon goes, all of these characters here are original and look different until we actually see their faces.

The thing with Vanitas is, his existence was pretty straightforward. He was made as a pawn of Xehanort's plan, and if anything he's more likely to just be another one of his 13 darknesses. His role is pretty limited to that and it makes little sense trying to extend him back even further, adding significance to a character who hasn't even been given enough backstory to add more intrigue for something like this to be revealed. It would just kind of come out of nowhere.

I love Vanitas as much as the next fan, and I'd like to see him be used a little more in the series, but I'd rather it be in a way that fits with who he is in a way that makes sense. Shocks and twists are nice, but you can't go overboard with them lest you sacrifice believability in your story. If Vanitas is supposed to have more to his role, it would probably be in a different way than that. Sorry, that's just how I see it.

That's the Kingdom Hearts FAN Instagram page. Square hasn't even set up an official Instagram account, they typically stick to social media spots like facebook and twitter. I wouldn't take anything said by them too seriously. For all we know they may not have even seen Vanitas before.

The thing with theories is that if you HAVE to stretch a lot for it to make sense, it might not be sound enough to be believable. While there's always a chance that Nomura is throwing a curve ball at us, I doubt it's going to be something as random as this. There's typically a pattern to these kinds of things, signs that sort of telegraph hints of a character's true nature. Vanitas' voice actor, Young Xehanort's ethereal blades, Terra's hairstyle and facial structure, etc. So far, on MoM, we have NOTHING to go on. The closest thing to any kind of clue or connection is that name association you came up with, but even that is just an assumption. It's an interesting observation, but I'm willing to be it's not that simple. Odds are he is his own identity, though there's still likely a shock to be made with his appearance. As far as my headcanon goes, all of these characters here are original and look different until we actually see their faces.

The thing with Vanitas is, his existence was pretty straightforward. He was made as a pawn of Xehanort's plan, and if anything he's more likely to just be another one of his 13 darknesses. His role is pretty limited to that and it makes little sense trying to extend him back even further, adding significance to a character who hasn't even been given enough backstory to add more intrigue for something like this to be revealed. It would just kind of come out of nowhere.

I love Vanitas as much as the next fan, and I'd like to see him be used a little more in the series, but I'd rather it be in a way that fits with who he is in a way that makes sense. Shocks and twists are nice, but you can't go overboard with them lest you sacrifice believability in your story. If Vanitas is supposed to have more to his role, it would probably be in a different way than that. Sorry, that's just how I see it.

The thing with the insta-page is embaressing, sorry :D I got to this site some time back through the original twitter page so I thought all the time it was their insta ccount lol. Thanks for clearing this up!

And like I said I agree with you that the whole part of how it can happen is completely made up by me and I am not the best story teller, otherwise I would probably work for SE or someone like them :D I am not too happy with it myself but I really could't find a way on how this might work exactly otherwise. I tried to look at it step after step to avoid logical issues within the made up stuff itself.

Also they said that after KH3, we would still be playing with Sora in another Saga, when the Xehanort Saga has come to an end. Therefore I think they are going to introduce the next villain in the end of KH3, maybe just hint at him or showing us a little "secret trailer" like in the other games. And I don't think that the next villain will be someone completely new. It will be a character we know of, I am sure of that. I can see why people want a completely new one, but I just can't see it. In KH all characters are so involved and connected to each other, that we will have some sort of connection as well to the new villain. 

If Vanitas really goes back to the ancient times of the first war, I think there's a big chance he will play some bigger role in the future since he hasn't had a big role yet.

Btw I love how the people in this forum can discuss objectively and argue, really enjoy that over e.g. reddit :D

Your DommeUG

Your DommeUG

You're welcome!  Yeah, it's always awesome to speculate and come up with theories concerning the Kingdom Hearts series!  I always have fun reading and making up theories, ya know?  As far as yours go, it's pretty deep and pretty well layered, and it's just in depth enough to seem like Nomura crafted it, ya know? So props to you for that!

And well, there could always be the possibility that Vanitas is indeed connected to the Master Of Masters!  OOH!  MAYBE THE MASTER OF MASTERS TRANSFERRED HIS HEART INTO VENTUS! (I go off of this by looking at the Key art that features what is apparently a younger looking Ventus. I've observed that many people have speculated that he's probably a Dandelion, and if that's the case...) If we go by this, then it could possibly be that the MoM transferred himself into Ventus, and when Vanitas was extracted from Ventus, the MoM's heart left with Vanitas, since he harbored darkness inside him!  That could be another good reason to explain how the MoM connects to the present day! And well, it's not like Ventus's heart hasn't been possessed before, because remember, in Birth By Sleep, Aqua fought against Ventus while Vanitas was taking control of his body, ya know?  

So yeah, that's something I thought of just now! X3  See!  Your theory is so good, it made me think! X3

Also, I don't know why you say your English isn't that good!  To me, your English is pretty darn perfect! For not being your native language, you sure have an impressive mastery over it! :D

You're welcome!  Yeah, it's always awesome to speculate and come up with theories concerning the Kingdom Hearts series!  I always have fun reading and making up theories, ya know?  As far as yours go, it's pretty deep and pretty well layered, and it's just in depth enough to seem like Nomura crafted it, ya know? So props to you for that!

And well, there could always be the possibility that Vanitas is indeed connected to the Master Of Masters!  OOH!  MAYBE THE MASTER OF MASTERS TRANSFERRED HIS HEART INTO VENTUS! (I go off of this by looking at the Key art that features what is apparently a younger looking Ventus. I've observed that many people have speculated that he's probably a Dandelion, and if that's the case...) If we go by this, then it could possibly be that the MoM transferred himself into Ventus, and when Vanitas was extracted from Ventus, the MoM's heart left with Vanitas, since he harbored darkness inside him!  That could be another good reason to explain how the MoM connects to the present day! And well, it's not like Ventus's heart hasn't been possessed before, because remember, in Birth By Sleep, Aqua fought against Ventus while Vanitas was taking control of his body, ya know?  

So yeah, that's something I thought of just now! X3  See!  Your theory is so good, it made me think! X3

Also, I don't know why you say your English isn't that good!  To me, your English is pretty darn perfect! For not being your native language, you sure have an impressive mastery over it! :D

Wow to hear something like that from a member that's such a big and long part of this forum is amazing! Thank you! Comparing me to Nomura thought is like a slap in his face I think :D

To Ventus I thought the same! Why should he be on this artwork if he's not connected to Ephemera and Skuld? Since it's clearly an artwork of two trios that belong together. I also think he somehow belongs to them, him being a dandelion would make sense. We don't really know much about the realm of unchained were they've been sent to. It could be that time flows extremely slow or not at all there or something like that. This would explain how they come to the timeperiod of KH3 without getting old/die.

I love to make people think with my theories since I think that's the main purpose for these theories. In the end, we might end up with a lot of ideas and theories which contain a little bit of thruth and we can say that we kind of called it :D I really like speculating and there's always new ideas coming to my mind. I am thinking about maybe doing a weekly series on a topic people can vote about :)

That would be so pucking awesome, I love it, bbbbbuut sadly I don't see this happening in the actual games

Yeah I also doubt it will happen like that. What I am sure of thought, is that Vanitas will be the Master of Masters, even if his name in Backcover will be "Superb(ia)/Perbia" or something like that. 

Wow to hear something like that from a member that's such a big and long part of this forum is amazing! Thank you! Comparing me to Nomura thought is like a slap in his face I think :D

To Ventus I thought the same! Why should he be on this artwork if he's not connected to Ephemera and Skuld? Since it's clearly an artwork of two trios that belong together. I also think he somehow belongs to them, him being a dandelion would make sense. We don't really know much about the realm of unchained were they've been sent to. It could be that time flows extremely slow or not at all there or something like that. This would explain how they come to the timeperiod of KH3 without getting old/die.

I love to make people think with my theories since I think that's the main purpose for these theories. In the end, we might end up with a lot of ideas and theories which contain a little bit of thruth and we can say that we kind of called it :D I really like speculating and there's always new ideas coming to my mind. I am thinking about maybe doing a weekly series on a topic people can vote about :)

Oh, come on, you're flattering me! X3  I mean sure, I've been here for years, but I wouldn't say I'm one of those legendary members, ya know? But thanks for the compliment! ^_^

But yeah, you earned that Nomura comparison, since your theory was well laid out, and just complex enough to fit with the games!  So kudos to you for that! :D

Yeah, I'm very curious as to how Ventus fits into all of this!  If he indeed ends up being a Dandelion, it would explain a lot about his character, since we don't know anything other than he trained with Xehanort!  And even then, we don't know where Xehanort found Ventus, so it's quite possible that Ventus could have been one of the Dandelions to make it into the world after its reconstruction, ya know? :3  We'll have to wait and see how this all adds up!  I can't wait! :D

And that's awesome man, it's good to make theories!  It keeps fans excitement for the series in check, and we all have a lot of fun in the process!  So you should definitely make more topics like these, because I, for one, will be keeping my eye on them!  Great work! :D

Oh, come on, you're flattering me! X3  I mean sure, I've been here for years, but I wouldn't say I'm one of those legendary members, ya know? But thanks for the compliment! ^_^

But yeah, you earned that Nomura comparison, since your theory was well laid out, and just complex enough to fit with the games!  So kudos to you for that! :D

Yeah, I'm very curious as to how Ventus fits into all of this!  If he indeed ends up being a Dandelion, it would explain a lot about his character, since we don't know anything other than he trained with Xehanort!  And even then, we don't know where Xehanort found Ventus, so it's quite possible that Ventus could have been one of the Dandelions to make it into the world after its reconstruction, ya know? :3  We'll have to wait and see how this all adds up!  I can't wait! :D

And that's awesome man, it's good to make theories!  It keeps fans excitement for the series in check, and we all have a lot of fun in the process!  So you should definitely make more topics like these, because I, for one, will be keeping my eye on them!  Great work! :D

Oh I am sorry if I made you blush, sorry, sorry, sorry :D Didn't mean to do that but you have to admit, you're the person with the most posts I saw since I am here, 410 times as much as I do :D So yeah I would say you're legendary :D I guess we both earned some compliments for what we do/have done :)

I am also really interessted in Ventus and how he fit's into the whole picture. Even thought we have a whole game around him, Aqua and Terra, we don't really have any backstory of him other than Xehanort trained him for some reason. Nothing about where he found him and stuff like you said. On the other side, if Ventus is one of the dandelions, this kind of makes rebirth theory impossible. Really interesting topic here.

I am really hyped for 2.8, and thats most for X Backcover because I think that this will reveal the most storywise and will lead to many new theories and some old ones will be confirmed or denied. This is the part that interest me the most. After that comes KH 0.2, not storywise but rather for finally getting my hands on Kingdom Hearts 3 gameplay.

Yes I have some exams to finish, but in 3 weeks I think I will have enough time to start something like a weekly series.

Your DommeUG ;)

Oh I am sorry if I made you blush, sorry, sorry, sorry :D Didn't mean to do that but you have to admit, you're the person with the most posts I saw since I am here, 410 times as much as I do :D So yeah I would say you're legendary :D I guess we both earned some compliments for what we do/have done :)

I am also really interessted in Ventus and how he fit's into the whole picture. Even thought we have a whole game around him, Aqua and Terra, we don't really have any backstory of him other than Xehanort trained him for some reason. Nothing about where he found him and stuff like you said. On the other side, if Ventus is one of the dandelions, this kind of makes rebirth theory impossible. Really interesting topic here.

I am really hyped for 2.8, and thats most for X Backcover because I think that this will reveal the most storywise and will lead to many new theories and some old ones will be confirmed or denied. This is the part that interest me the most. After that comes KH 0.2, not storywise but rather for finally getting my hands on Kingdom Hearts 3 gameplay.

Yes I have some exams to finish, but in 3 weeks I think I will have enough time to start something like a weekly series.

Your DommeUG ;)

Haha, well, both of us have done awesome stuff, so yeah, we both deserve the compliments!  :3

And yes, it'll be most interesting to see Ventus's backstory!  And most of all, I'm interested in knowing just where the heck Xehanort found him in the first place! Hopefully, Unchained X and X Back Cover will provide answers for us!  :D

Oh yeah, I'm very hyped for 2.8 as well, and well, since I've already played Dream Drop Distance, I'll leave the HD version for last, and I'll experience X Back Cover and 0.2 first, since I don't want anyone spoiling those games for me!!! X3  But yeah, it's going to be awesome, finally getting a glimpse into how Kingdom Hearts III will play with our very own hands!  :D

And okay, awesome!  I'll be looking forward to it!  :D

Edited by The Transcendent Key

This isn't right

BBS took place after the keyblade war, which means it takes place after unchained, emo sora vanitas was created after the keyblade war, because xehanort wanted to reforge the X-blade

This isn't right

BBS took place after the keyblade war, which means it takes place after unchained, emo sora vanitas was created after the keyblade war, because xehanort wanted to reforge the X-blade

You are really trying to tell me obvious stuff? I think everybody knows the timeline of the games and what happened in them. What this is trying to proove is that throught some sort of connection, Vanitas and the Master of Masters have something in common. Maybe it's just the name and it could be that the Master of Masters has nothing at all to do with the Vanitas that we know. But Xehanorts Master seems to have knowledge about the events that happened in KHX, he told Xehanort about it, the Keyblade war, the foretellers and perhaps, the name of the MoM. 

In honor of the MoM, Xehanort named the being of pure darkness he extracted out of Ventus after the MoM, Vanitas.

You are really trying to tell me obvious stuff? I think everybody knows the timeline of the games and what happened in them. What this is trying to proove is that throught some sort of connection, Vanitas and the Master of Masters have something in common. Maybe it's just the name and it could be that the Master of Masters has nothing at all to do with the Vanitas that we know. But Xehanorts Master seems to have knowledge about the events that happened in KHX, he told Xehanort about it, the Keyblade war, the foretellers and perhaps, the name of the MoM. 

In honor of the MoM, Xehanort named the being of pure darkness he extracted out of Ventus after the MoM, Vanitas.

But it couldn't possibly be the same person

But it couldn't possibly be the same person

It could, this has still to be seen. Some people think that Ventus might be a dandelion who slept in the Realm of Unchained. If that's the case, The Master of Masters Vanitas could have gone sleeping into his heart similar to what Ventus does with Sora. This would be a way they could be the same person.

However, I think it will at least be that he got named Vanitas after the MoM.

It could, this has still to be seen. Some people think that Ventus might be a dandelion who slept in the Realm of Unchained. If that's the case, The Master of Masters Vanitas could have gone sleeping into his heart similar to what Ventus does with Sora. This would be a way they could be the same person.

However, I think it will at least be that he got named Vanitas after the MoM.

*poof* that's the sound of my brain exploding because I've had information overload