Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Villi1997

Good Cinematic Games?

If you really tried, you could play every single KH game in a "cinematic style". Usually what I do is that I don't play it just straight like most people do, I usually play in a way that allows bosses to show off every move they have, get a few hits in on me, use specific skills, attacks, and abilities that match the scenario better, use all the available reaction commands, etc. It's a very particular way of playing mind you, with a lot of attention to detail and you're more likely than not to keep dying and restarting battles over and over just to get things "perfect", but it's a fun way to add a new challenge to the games, especially once you've become familiar enough with them to be bored if you just played to win. Sometimes you just gotta play WITH the game instead of playing against it.

But yeah the Uncharted games do a good job in that department, Metal Gear is also a very cinematic series in itself, and there's probably lots of other series out there you could explore. I'm just not as well rounded myself to make any other suggestions.

The Last of Us is a masterpiece.

Shadow of the Colossus is a good one too.

This right here, play em both.

Also

The Tomb Raider reboot games

Inside a fantastic new indie game

The Metal Gear Solid games. I recommend MGS 3 then MGSV:GZ and MGSV:TTP you don't need to play any other game to understand those two (Though I recommend playing 3 before V) but I hear MGS4 and MGS2 are good.

You also should play Metal Gear Rising, separate from the Solid games and much more action oriented like KH.

Furi another new Indie game

And lastly Asura's Wrath is a must play although the real ending of the game is DLC.

God of War, Metal Gear, Ratchet and Clank, Bayonetta, Shadow of the colossus (their new game, last guardian, is also out soon and will probably be good as well), Heavy Rain which if you get the PS4 version on disc it comes with beyond two souls, beyond two souls sucks but heavy rain was pretty good. Mirrors Edge, the first one is good but I hear the new one isn't as good.

Transistor is a really great game as well, it's an indie game with a really interesting and well executed gameplay mechanic that's part turn based and planning a tracks and part real time combat, beautiful art style and a great OST.

All those should keep you going until at least FFXV :P