The 13th Kenpachi

Why The Hate For Star Wars in KH3?

Do you want Star Wars in KH3?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Star Wars in KH3?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

I don't see why it's such a big deal if it gets in, if Port Royal can work than so can Star Wars. 

People are always saying "Oh it won't fit" BUT it hasn't even been in any KH game yet so how do you know it won't fit? I'm sure people said the same thing about Port Royal and that fit well in KH2.

Star Wars has a light and darkness theme just like Kingdom Hearts, Terra's story in BBS was similar to Anakin Skywalker's story in the prequels, Nomura is a huge fan of Star Wars and we even have Mark Hamil as Eraqus.

I'll take Star Wars over another awful Cinderella world or a Snow White world,  do you really want to keep seeing the same worlds in this franchise over and over again? Or do you want Square Enix to experiment and try something new? 

Oh and Star Wars is EXTREMELY popular so that gives Star Wars fans a reason to buy the game and of course there's the new trilogy going on right now so they could incorporate that in. There's plenty of material to choose from and HUGE possibilities for star wars in the game. Sora could save Anakin from the darkness or help Luke defeat Vader, Sora could pilot his own TIE fighter. Master Xehanort could give Vader the power to command heartless to help him take over the galaxy.

Imo this sounds much more interesting than 'Oh we need to save cinderella from the evil witch" and "Go find pinncohio he got lost again!"

Han Solo could give Sora blocks for the gummi ship, lightsaber keyblades, Sora could learn about light and darkness, it would be so perfect.

And the kingdom shader can be turned on and off I believe, so the world wouldn't look cartoony.

Gummi Ship battles in space and blowing up the deathstar?

Heck, it doesn't even have to be a canon world, it can be optional.

Edited by Shinobi Waffles

People are always saying "Oh it won't fit" BUT it hasn't even been in any KH game yet so how do you know it won't fit? I'm sure people said the same thing about Port Royal and that fit well in KH2.

For me, I just don't think it would fit. I don't know what it is, but there's something about it that just makes me think it doesn't fit. I don't know, maybe it's because I'm not a fan of the franchise.

I'll take Star Wars over another awful Cinderella world or a Snow White world,  do you really want to keep seeing the same worlds in this franchise over and over again? Or do you want Square Enix to experiment and try something new?

No, I want to see more Disney worlds. They're already experimenting with new worlds. They even confirmed that in KH3, there will be more new worlds than returning ones. We already have worlds for Tangled, Big Hero 6 and due to the inclusion of Roy Conli who produced the two movies I mentioned, a Treasure Planet world (or worlds I guess) is much more likely. There are SO many Disney movies that haven't been used that can fit.

Imo this sounds much more interesting than 'Oh we need to save cinderella from the evil witch" and "Go find pinncohio he got lost again!"

Where did you even get these ideas and who said it that these would happen?

At the end of the day, I think that I don't want a Star Wars world (or worlds I guess) is because it just doesn't feel it would fit in my opinion. Now this opinion is pretty ironic considering this series has both Mickey Mouse and frickin' Sephiroth. xD What I mean is that Disney and Final Fantasy is already a weird combination that NOBODY probably thought it would work and it somehow worked. So who knows? Maybe whenever they put Star Wars in the series (because I think it's pretty inevitable at this point) they'll convince me that it works.

I think the main reason I don't think it would fit or that I don't want it is because it doesn't give off that 'Disney magic' vibe to me; it doesn't make me think "That's Disney" when I look at it or think about it.

To be honest though, I would choose Star Wars over Marvel to be in Kingdom Hearts ANY day.

I honestly don't think Star Wars would work that well. It would probably be too difficult to implement anyway. It does have a massive world and even with the power and storage capabilities of the PS4, it just wouldn't be possible to create a good Star Wars world. There are plenty of Disney properties that have yet to make an appearance in Kingdom Hearts like Atlantis, The Emperor's New Groove, Treasure Planet, Pocahontas and many more.

It's not that Star Wars shouldn't be in Kingdom Hearts at all, rather, it shouldn't be in Kingdom Hearts III. Kingdom Hearts III is the conclusion of the Xehanort saga. There's no problem of having live-action properties in this game (with the power of Unreal Engine 4). It's just too late in the game to add it.

Besides, there's properties like this movie to consider to be in Kingdom Hearts III instead.

If they could make Tron: Legacy work within the confines of a Kingdom Hearts setting, they could make Star Wars work. The notion that it should be excluded because it doesn't fit is silly. This is series that crosses Disney and Final Fantasy, two of the least likely franchises to fit well together. But Square made it work. Quite frankly there are more elements of Star Wars in Kingdom Hearts, then there are elements of any other movies that are on people's most wanted list. It's only a matter of time before it happens. Also it's popularity makes it a good marketing ploy as well. People will buy KH3 if they see a Star Wars character on the cover, even if they never played it. There realistically is very little reason not to include it other then fans being picky. I'm not even a Stars Wars fan and I see it as a good move.

I like Star Wars and I like Kingdom Hearts, but I wouldn't really want to see the two of them merged together.

Star Wars has a very complex universe, as does Kingdom Hearts.  I know that it involves all other Disney worlds, but Star Wars is a beast on its own with so much lore, history, and content.  I think the developers could make it *fit* if they wanted to, but I just don't think it would come as natural as others that Kingdom Hearts has merged with.  Disney worlds have a certain feel to them which partly makes Kingdom Hearts what it is, but Star Wars has a completely different feel and I think that too many feels in one game would be overwhelming and slightly unenjoyable.  In other words, even though Kingdom Hearts is a crossover of so many different series they all have a central theme and go together, whereas I feel Star Wars would be completely different.  There's also the fact that Star Wars is just so huge on its own; I would prefer not see it enter Kingdom Hearts as well.

Perhaps my logic is flawed, but that's how I see it. :D

Star Wars isn't a "Disney" world per-se. It's a Disney license. I didn't like Port Royal being in KH2 for that same reason. It doesn't fit with the themes of Kingdom Hearts, in appearance, and in background. However if they want to make a Death Star Trench Run Gummi-Ship mission, I'm all for that, that would be amazing as firetruck.

Edit: Sure, if they want to add it in KHIV then by all means. As long as it fits with the next saga's story. It just doesn't fit with the Dark Seeker Saga right now. 

Edited by AzureAce

What happens in this case is not something about "hate" but rather let´s put it this way.

Star Wars it´s a massive franchise which would be DIFFICULT to implement into this franchise which is already a mixture. Star Wars IS NOT Disney at all. Sure they got the rights and everything over it, but that doesn´t mean they can use it as if it was. You will never see something like: Walt Disney Pictures Presents Star Wars IX or something like that. You see this case also within Marvel where you don´t get "Disney´s Spider Man Adventures"... each of them are part of their own universe and franchise, and yes Kingdom Hearts is a mix of Disney Universe and FF Universe but there it lies exactly our problem with Star Wars as this is not a movie... it´s a franchise. So the more we can get maybe are references or perhaps even a boss fight... but a world it´s quite difficult to come to exist.

Kingdom Hearts it´s Disney and Square Enix... that´s it... and since Star Wars it´s under Disney´s thumb but not as part of the family itself... it doesn´t fit.

Clear as water.

Zaz! :D

i would just really prefer it if they left Star Wars out of the series. 

honestly they should just stick to movies that are part of the official Disney Animated Classics library in order to have some consistency. 

the series is a mix of Final Fantasy and Disney elements. Star Wars is a Disney property, it isn't a Disney movie. I don't see what the problem is with sticking to the animated Disney movies. if you really want to experience Star Wars in a video game then there are dozens of games out there all about Star Wars. 

or go read a fanfiction about Sora teaming up with Luke Skywalker to fight Darth Vader and Xehanort. i'm sure it's out there somewhere. 

I won't mind a Star Wars being in KH...if they do it right.

It can fit really well if a it is combined with the gummy ship missions

Granted, with some of the worlds from previous games...I doubt the Osaka team can do it. 

Kinda funny that it is made by someone whose username is Vitor Aizen

Shin is probably happy about this

Two halves to my answer.

One, I actually would like to see Star Wars in KH3. Provided that they can write it in well enough, I believe just about anything could fit in with Kingdom Hearts (provided that it's still a mostly kid or family focused movie, clearly movies like the Dark Knight and The Evil Dead are not within the same realm). There's lot of fans out there who think that even some animated Disney movies wouldn't "work" for KH, but as I keep saying it all depends on A) whether Nomura and the team have an interest to or not, and B) how well they can fit it in with the story of the game and how they portray it's own story and features. If a movie checks of both boxes then I say it's good to go. I'm sure the team is enthusiastic about the idea of featuring Star Wars and has probably gone through several ideas of how to make it work, regardless of whether it's actually going to end up in the game or not. In short, if you can do it well and you can do it right, go for it.

The second thing I want to say is that ultimately I think what fuels so many people's desire to never see KH even touch Star Wars isn't "hate", but rather an intense love for both series. A lot of people really love the Star Wars franchise and many love it for various reasons, so they tend to have their own ideas of how the franchise should be portrayed and can be very protective if any kind of change or threat of change is present. Hell, lots of fans are still paranoid because it's Disney who owns it now, despite how fun and awesome the new movie was. As such, many are so convinced of Star Wars' fragility that even having it in a KH game where it's story and character arcs and casts will have to be scaled down to some degree to fit within the game's own story and gameplay would risk "ruining" that sacred value they see in Star Wars. It's kind of silly and pointless thing in my opinion, but I feel like we're all like that with something we hold dear in our lives, and for many people Star Wars is one of them. Trust me, whenever I hear someone say Star Wars should not be in Kingdom Hearts, I rarely ever hear them say "because I hate Star Wars". Hatred can be a source of stubbornness to be sure, but in the end love holds that same potential.

Point is that it's not entirely up to us whether Star Wars is in KH3 or not, that's ultimately up to Nomura and the team and if they can pull it off. If it ever does end up in KH3 though, well, those fans are going to have to learn to not hold such a tight grip over their idea of how Star Wars is supposed to be expressed. I still think it's important that they stay true to the stories of Star Wars and that it is kind of a tricky road to navigate, but I have enough faith in Nomura and the team that I don't really think there's any point in me being overly possessive with Star Wars. Let it be in KH3 or let it not, as long as there's creativity going into the game.

I'm a fan of Star Wars, but I don't feel like it should be included in KH3. The universe is too massive for it. However, I could see it being added in the next saga. The main reason I feel this way is because we're still missing tons of worlds based on classic Disney films. Films that come to mind: Pocahontas, The Jungle Book, Atlantis, Robin Hood, Treasure Planet, Emperor's New Groove, Black Cauldron, Sword in the Stone, etcetera and the list goes on. I think Nomura could pull off Star Wars in KH, but not right now. The classics/animated films should take priority now.

Edited by Hallowseve

My opinion is this I believe Star Wars should be left out of Kingdom Hearts until after Kingdom Hearts III at the very least 

But this is not me saying Star Wars should be left out all together just leave out a world or worlds for Star Wars maybe try and ease the current fan base into the concept of Star Wars by using Gummi Ship mission sort of like the gummi ship route we had to take to return to Twilight Town and if that's not enough for people but some kind of Star Wars Easter Eggs within kingdom hearts like the lightsaber keyblade I've seen some people recommending or a secret boss in the form of Dark Vader (Not overly with this idea myself but if it was in the game I'd still take him on) 

Personally I just think we could do without a Star Wars or Marvel world for the time being lets just try and stick with pure Disney for a little while yet or at the very least let Pixar be included before you include Star Wars or Marvel or lets not forget some of the other properties Square Enix has rights to but Disney doesn't such as The World Ends with You or some other properties Square has a hand in (not sure on the full legal methods with them but hey atleast that'd only need one world each) Fullmetal Alchemist, Soul Eater now lets see would any of these work heck who knows I wouldn't mind seeing Soul Eater in Kingdom Hearts myself but when it comes down to it in the end we have no control over what will be in Kingdom Hearts we can kick and scream to make Disney and Square notice us but in the end the final world will come from them 

Kingdom Hearts already borrows so much from Star Wars. For example, like you said, Terra's story besically being Episode III, and we already have Gummi ships, why do we need Tie fighters whan we can just design a ship to look like one? And wasn't Assault of the Dreadnaught already extremely similar to the Death Star? On top of that Xemnas' Etherial Blades are clearly Light Sabers, and we already have a Light Saber-esque Keyblade in the form of No Name.
Posted Image
For me, it's that adding actual Star Wars into it would feel a little heavy-handed, like "We get it already, they have similar themse, geez".  

Just like when Kylo Ren fully gave in to the Dark side just as the sun's last light faded. It felt like I was being beaten over the head with symbolism. Symbolism is supposed to be subtle, not so over the top you can physically feel it.

Plus you know how much they have to water down the plot of a movie to fit it into the timeframe of a single world already.

Also, a lot of people woudl argue that Port Royal didn't work in KH2 due to how much Sora, Donald and Gooffy chashed with the overall look of the world.
Finally, I don't remember them ever mentioning being able to toggle the Kingdom Shader, but the purpose of the Shader isn't to make the worlds look more cartoony, it's to make SDG fit better into art style of each world.

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

Because you have to take into context how it works structure wise.

Kingdom Hearts is a metaphysical fairy tale that works on magic and dream logic and is abundant with JRPG styled heroes and cartoon animals and the like and sticking Star Wars in there would be like mixing chocolate pudding with Chinese food.

Plus, SW in it of itself has its own unique lore and universe, so fitting it in with KH would only limit its possibilities. Also take into account the fact that SW can't fit as a "world" because it doesn't have a world per se, it's comprised of various locations and planets. There's no "hub world" you can make unless you just randomly pick one of the locales from the series like the Death Star, but again, that still limits what you can do with it.

Edited by Firaga Sensei

And the kingdom shader can be turned on and off I believe, so the world wouldn't look cartoony.

I have a multitiude of problems with Star Wars being in Kingdom Hearts. Mainly, it doesn't feel like a Disney property or feel like it would match the world of Kingdom Hearts if you compare it to other worlds inside of it. I honestly didn't like Port Royal as much as other worlds. BUT, this is what bothers me most. Why would they ever turn off Kingdom Shader? It's beautiful, and it'll probably become a staple of the series. The only way I could deal with Star Wars in KH is if they used this. Maybe have a 'Clone Wars' themed world that borrows animation styles from the TV show.

Edited by ZeroKitteh

I personally feel that the word HATE is very harsh and would instead say dislike as more suitable to the topic. As many have already said I would want more unused Disney proporties to be introduced before touching upon Marvel & Star Wars to be introduced. I can name 2 reasons why I feel this way.1. I love how Kingdom Hearts have introduced many forgotten Disney proporties in the past like introducing content from The Sword In The Stone, Hercules, Mulan, Hunchback & even The Three Musketeers. To me KH either introduced me to a new or reminded me of a under appreciated property that's almost never mentioned by Disney. I really can't and would not want KH3 to break that tradition to say choose Brave over Robin Hood or say Inside Out over Toy Story. I love how Square have shown respect for the more underrated properties and would at least want the Xehanort saga to end like that to introduce under appreciated movies before trendy ones. 2. To me personally I can't stand the focus Disney have put on male audience expecting every male to be a fan of Marvel & Star Wars and only buy merchandise from those names and Pixar's Cars. It's really tiring to never see Treasure Planet, Brother Bear, Atlantis, Meet The Robinsons, Robin Hood, Tarzan, Hercules, Oliver & Company never get any merchandise while there is a clear pontential. Like Disney Infinity had pontential to have an audience for everyone but later became a huge focus on Marvel & Star Wars leaving classic fans very dissapointed. Kingdom Hearts is the one and only key I have that so far is seperated from those two brands, I like the more magical and light hearted tone. To me I really don't want Marvel or Star Wars to take away that magic. It's the only so far franchise that can stand on it's own without Marvel or Star Wars involved. Not to sound picky but while there is very strong representation for Marvel & Star Wars from Disney there is barerly any representation for around 35-40 classics from Disney. You have a now cancelled game ,DI that focused most on Marvel & Star Wars. You have several video games werher it's LEGO or shooting. You have new movies coming out for the upcoming years. You're about to have main focus park for Star Wars and Marvel. You have way more merchandise than The Lion King have new re releases. Star Wars & Marvel is everywhere so is it really fair to call people out for getting tired to see the same thing over and over. Let KH3 to at least end the way it started, then it can go wherever it wants.

I personally feel that the word HATE is very harsh and would instead say dislike as more suitable to the topic. As many have already said I would want more unused Disney proporties to be introduced before touching upon Marvel & Star Wars to be introduced. I can name 2 reasons why I feel this way.1. I love how Kingdom Hearts have introduced many forgotten Disney proporties in the past like introducing content from The Sword In The Stone, Hercules, Mulan, Hunchback & even The Three Musketeers. To me KH either introduced me to a new or reminded me of a under appreciated property that's almost never mentioned by Disney. I really can't and would not want KH3 to break that tradition to say choose Brave over Robin Hood or say Inside Out over Toy Story. I love how Square have shown respect for the more underrated properties and would at least want the Xehanort saga to end like that to introduce under appreciated movies before trendy ones. 2. To me personally I can't stand the focus Disney have put on male audience expecting every male to be a fan of Marvel & Star Wars and only buy merchandise from those names and Pixar's Cars. It's really tiring to never see Treasure Planet, Brother Bear, Atlantis, Meet The Robinsons, Robin Hood, Tarzan, Hercules, Oliver & Company never get any merchandise while there is a clear pontential. Like Disney Infinity had pontential to have an audience for everyone but later became a huge focus on Marvel & Star Wars leaving classic fans very dissapointed. Kingdom Hearts is the one and only key I have that so far is seperated from those two brands, I like the more magical and light hearted tone. To me I really don't want Marvel or Star Wars to take away that magic. It's the only so far franchise that can stand on it's own without Marvel or Star Wars involved. Not to sound picky but while there is very strong representation for Marvel & Star Wars from Disney there is barerly any representation for around 35-40 classics from Disney. You have a now cancelled game ,DI that focused most on Marvel & Star Wars. You have several video games werher it's LEGO or shooting. You have new movies coming out for the upcoming years. You're about to have main focus park for Star Wars and Marvel. You have way more merchandise than The Lion King have new re releases. Star Wars & Marvel is everywhere so is it really fair to call people out for getting tired to see the same thing over and over. Let KH3 to at least end the way it started, then it can go wherever it wants.

If Star Wars is in KH it won't take away the magic of the game,the classic Disney worlds will still be in the game,the Star Wars world would only be a small part of the game.Treasure Planet AND Star Wars can both be in the game and have their different tones Edited by Isaix