Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

- Aura - Outskirts of Mystras -

Aura was suprised when Alastor moved away and managed to dodge Arthur's attack. This person was skilled, more than she could ever be, but at least she was trying. She had to get better if she wanted to see her current situation to the very end. Aura watched Alastor move, his movements fast and precise, that was until he used some kind of lightning spell on a dagger that he sent flying towards her.

"That wont work," she thought, "it will be easy to...what the?"

The young woman was taken by surprise when the dagger changed ways, her eyes quickly following the dagger's new path. It was hard to predict the path of the dagger, but she focused on it, watching it slowly change paths two more times until it was flying her way. Aura looked around to find Alastor, and find him she did, just like found Arthur after his display. She waited until the dagger was very close to her and, at the last second, used her sword to hit the dagger and sent it flying towards Alastor. Hopefully the dagger would hit him, or at least distract him a little before Arthur could attack him.

Edited by Elrandir

- Alastor - The Storm - Outskirts of Mystras -

Alastor eyed both his trainees's actions, but his attention was mostly fixated on Arthur. Whom he was trying to have let out his inner powers, so he could gauge how powerful the boy was when awakened, Alastor's cold expression lifted up a bit of a smile, more like a smug smile for that, as he watched Arthur charge at him at the speed of lightning. However Alastor could notice Arthur was not thinking...the boy was wavering under his own power.

The boy's speed was notable, leaving a trail of burned grass on the ground as the boy moved fast enough for the naked eye to not see him for a split second. Alastor saw right through the boy's feint and blocked the blow with his sword, the impact of both forces clashed against each other and emmited a small shockwave in the air around them.

"I would compliment you for unleashing it seamlessly, but you took one step forward and two back". Alastor scolded Arthur as he held Arthur's blade back with his own in their clash. "Never lose yourself to your own power, thats how you die, and bring everyone you love along with you." Alastor spoke, as he sensed the dagger flying through the air at him, sent by Aura, the girl pierced Alastor's back shoulder, but that didn't impede him much the man barely grunted as he was focused more on Arthur. Alastor quickly extended his free hand and grabbed Arthur's head, moving their blades to the side so he didn't run the danger of cutting either of them, and pulled Arthur's head towards his own, with the intent of delivering a crushing headbutt, charged with electricity and wind at the center to stagger the boy and possibly bring him back to his senses.

Aura would notice that Alastor's wound, which the knife still stuck out, was releasing trails of pure electricity as well, whether this was a healing mechanism or a means of empowerment was to be disclosed later. As Alastor would follow the headbutt by throwing Arthur's sword to the side, applying enough strenght to possibly send the unhinged and unfocused boy staggering to the side.

"Control your power, don't let it control you like a storm, channel it through your body, think, use your sword as the catalyst. Focus your energy." Alastor spoke as he shouted towards Arthur. "Focus your electricity right into your blade, but not let it be uncontroled, suppress it as you do, and gradualy release it as it runs along the blade. DO IT!" Alastor shouted at Arthur again, this time giving the boy directions on what to do, should the boy follow his advice, it'd be good training to train focusing energy and being able to shoot out lightning from his sword, since that was one of the most basic, but also one of the most powerful skills a magic swordsman could have.

"Aim at me! Do it" Alastor now ordered Arthur as he extended his arms to the side and stepped back a few meters.

Arthur felt the wave of pain spread across his head at the headbutt, the charge of electricity stinging his body inside out. He lost grip on his sword as Alastor threw it aside, screaming at him to focus. Arthur groaned, a headache rising as he focused on the words regardless. Focus. Control. Arthur stumbled from Alastor's grip, instinctively rushing to his sword, driven by instinct. He reached for it, about to pick it up before wavering, his hand frozen for a moment just above it. He stared at his reflection, for the first time catching sight of himself in a long time. The scars covered his face, jagged and deep, his blue eyes gleaming with a glow he hadn't seen since a time long ago. Was he older since the last time he saw himself? He couldn't tell. Maybe it was the dark circles under his eyes, or the shape of his body, formed by the preparation of war. He blinked, the runes on the sword slowly forming before him through his eyes. His mind seemed to click, the runes suddenly making sense when they never did before, the words forming to the tune of a song from long ago.

I am the rain transformed.
I am more than light, and speed.
I am deafening, but silent.

Arthur licked his lips, closing his eyes as he gripped the handle of his sword.

I am quicker than most.
I am louder than most.
I am brightest, when I arrive.

Arthur stood, this time using his own strength rather than rely on the sword as before.

I move from ground to sky,
from sky to ground,
and even between the clouds.

He turned to face Alastor, staring at him as he dared him to attack. Focus. Control. Arthur lifted his sword, catching a glance of himself in the reflection of the blade once more. He felt his grip shake, taking a deep breath before closing his eyes again. A knight was more than a sword and shield to his people. A knight must master all manners of balance both at home, and in the battlefield. A true knight knows the difference between stubbornness, and arrogance. Of play, and war. He was more than what he was left with. He was more than the little knight that dreamed to serve under the king one day. He couldn't fear any longer. With a stronger grip, his sword stopped its shaking as Arthur lifted it into the air like he did once before. Focus. Control. He would release the beast...and he would tame it. Or die trying.

I am jagged, and beautiful.
I am love, and death.
I am the lightning

Now, and forevermore

Focus. The energy contained from Arthur's body was suddenly released, whatever lock that held it back broken as the ground around him burnt black. Electricity escaped his body, dancing wildly with no owner nor duty, slowly edging farther and farther. For a moment, it seemed that Arthur had let go of the beast, and simply let it go wild and do as it pleased. Control. Just as suddenly as they came, the lightning stopped its dance retreating back into Arthur. They swirled right back, dancing over his skin as he moved his sword. Sweat fell from Arthur's brow as he took a deep breath, never once breaking his concentration. "(Will you do as I ask?)" Arthur didn't expect an answer, but he received it nonetheless. He gritted his teeth taking a deep breath as he wiped the sweat from hs brow. He shifted in his stance, pulling his sword back. He finally opened his eyes, his pupils crooked and jagged. He suddenly charged at Alastor. However he didn't go directly for a hit. He spun as he did, bringing his sword with him as the sparks glowed brighter. He swung his sword, slashing downwards as the sparks flew off right from it. Like an echo from it, the sparks flew across the air from the sword in the shape of the movement, aiming directly at Alastor. Arthur followed it by getting in position once more, both hands on the grip of his blade as he pointed it at Alastor. From the tip, a single round of lightning surged, focused into a single beam as it shot straight at Alastor. Unlike previous times, there was no clap of thunder to follow. Just the silent hiss of the heat radiating from it.

Edited by Stardustblade358

Aura stood still while the events in front of her where happening. She had managed to hit Alastor with his own dagger, but the knight barely made any sign of pain. She could also notice the wound, and the dagger, were releasing trails of electricity, which was strange.

But the young woman was more interested in the combat that was happenin g between Apastor and Arthur. She understood that Alastor had power over lightning, but Arthur, that was a surprise, humans were not able to use magic, and she was sure that Arthur was human, maybe she was wrong.

"What is going on?" she thought and she followed any movement made by the two knights, "It's impossible for a normal human to use magic."

Unbeknownst to her, she had been following Arthur's quick movements thanks to her own enhacing, she still had some difficulty in following his moves, but she could almost see them, even when the magic was enhancing his abilities. Aura could also feel tyat something was going on with those two, like a silent agreement between them, so, she choose to wait and see the events unfold.

Edited by Elrandir

- Alastor - The Storm - Outskirts of Mystras -

Alastor stood perfectly still as Arthur attempted to control his power, the boy was certainly taking its time as Alastor folded his arms as he simply looked his way, unmoving and with a coldly serious expression as the boy's energy was unlike that of which one would see fro ma common fey. Maybe the boy was truly the son of a lightning beast after all. The legendary Raiju, said to be able to draw lightning out of thin air. The boy's energy was definitely wild like a Raiju's, Alastor was hoping Arthur would control it.

As the boy concentrated Alastor analyzed him, the boy followed his advice to heart, flowing and channeling electricity throughout his body to condition his body for electric chanelling and allow him easier control as it was already in movement. And The boy soon attacked, first was by running a few feet forward and slamming down his sword. Sending out a massive shockwave made of electricity, with the air alongside it, coming at insane speeds on Alastor. He quickly pulled his sword onto his hand as he held it upwards as he blocked the shockwave head on, for a second with a struggle as the shockwave impacted onto him, but with wind control and lightning manipulation Alastor pushed the vertical shockwave to the side, sidestepping along as well, deflecting it to his side as it destroyed at least three or more trees with its power.

"Hmph" Alastor Scoffed as he looked back at Arthur, who had the tip of his sword pointing directly at him, as he released a focused beam of lightning towards him. not exactly a beam since lightning could not ever keep itself in a straight line, it was more like Arthur shot a thunderbolt from his sword. Alastor did not try to dodge, nor did he try to block it, he held out his free hand and with lightning manipulation he guided the bolt onto his hand like a lightning rod, as it landed he stepped back in recoil, but quickly recovered as he absorbed the entire bolt and formed it into an orb of lightning onto his hand. The orb crackled and sparked wildly, like an uncontrollable storm was in its center. "Not a bad display of power, I guess you truly aren't just a common Human fey hybrid, no...I guess you spoke the truth when you said you were the son of a Raiju." Alastor spoke with a serious, yet not cold tone, more of a deductive one.

Alastor promplty smashed the orb with his hand, crushing it and releasing all of its electric energy onto his arm, as the lightning flowed effortlessly and...harmlessly around his entire body, even his head had trails of lightning flowing through it. He looked visibly relaxed with it even, as his eyes glew a bright blue color, the shine's intensity notable as his iris was visible from where Aura and Helios were standing even. 

As silence befall the training field Alastor simply looked at Arthur with a smug smirk on his face. As he uttered the single word, now empowered by Arthur's attack. "Mothma" Alastor uttered as he suddenly vanished, his presence, his aura, everything about him vanished for a split second. As he then reappeared behind Arthur. Charging an extremely powerful slash with his sword. Instantly upon leaving teleportation Alastor slashed, his sword crackling with lightning in its entirety. Should Arthur block the attack, the boy would take reduced damage from the lightning as the boy's affinity is of said element, but he would be thrown back a fair distance from the attack as the impact was supposed to be absolutely devastating. The wind would ripple and a small shockwave would burst from around them on impact to signalize the sheer power of the blow.

"Although you'l need to improve even more if you wish to go against such a being as Midnea." Alastor spoke, bellowing Arthur. As he nonchalantly pulled the dagger Aura had previously had it stabbed him. And pulled it out, wiped the blood of it as he simply place it back in its sheath.

Helios held onto the tree branch as he whined loudly, watching as the training stepped up a notch when Alastor and Arthur began to show off their tricks. Arthur's eyes narrowed as he watched Alastor absorbed the latest attack, only to use the energy of it right against him. He gasped, snapping his head to look around for him, only to hear the crackle of energy from behind him. Arthur quickly spun his body, pulling his blade up in defense position as the attack hit him straight on. Arthur grunted, standing his ground for the first second of the attack, only to be launched across the air due to the impact. Arthur didn't even had a chance to scream, his body slamming right through nearby trees. Two of them to be exact, knocking a third one down as his body made an imprint against the wood. The wind destroyed the trees into pieces, leaving jagged indents on the ground as parts of other trees were cut off clean. This would have killed any untrained human on impact, their bones breaking against the impact, their necks snapping if they were lucky enough. Helios sat up on the branch, staring up before looking back at Alastor, then back at Arthur, then back at Alastor. "What the hell was that?!" Helios asked, glancing back at Arthur's direction. "I thought that kid was human...he smells human..." Helios muttered, his eyes then glancing at Alastor. "(What are you?)" As the dust settled, Arthur coughed, feeling ache across his body as leaves and pieces of wood stuck in his hair. Usually he would've allowed himself drop right then and there. Except- "Although you'll need to improve even more if you wish to go against such a being as Midnea." Arthur snapped his eyes open, his pupils still jagged as he felt his energy returning to him all out of pure anger towards the Fey. Because if that's what it took to make sure that he could get the satisfaction of landing a hit on her then his health be dammed. He forced himself to stand, feeling bruises forming underneath his armor. He pushed himself onto his feet, looking around for his sword. He found it sticking out among the fallen and broken trees. He walked over, picking the sword up as he continued to head back to the clearing. Arthur swung his sword, a sudden charge going right across from it as it burnt off the dirt that covered it, the shine of the blade showing once more. Arthur panted, catching his breath as he walked back to Alastor, standing a few feet away from him. He quickly straightened his back before bowing. "Thank you for helping me unlock my potential, but I lack the training to fully control this to my full potential. I don't know how many years it took for you compared to a mortal life, but..." Arthur looked up again. "Please, teach me further, Sir Alastor. I don't care if I break every bone. Please help me learn how to fight like you do and beat Midnea." Arthur said, quickly getting back into stance as he pulled his shield from his back. He strapped it on, holding it close as sparks gently danced on its surface.

---

I wanted to sketch out how his eyes look

tumblr_odbeh9M0TB1rg7m7oo2_r1_540.png

--Yev Malachite-- Kilkis Seres--

The blond watched Maxis go with a slight frown, while also taking in Soren's comment on the dark aura around him.  

"Indeed, there is something different about our friend," Yev commented, though he had his suspicions.  There was a close bond between himself and Shiva, something to do with a ritual that he wasn't all too familiar with, and yet he believed that it required blood.  Now that Shiva was gone it seemed something within Maxis broke.  This made the possessed suit of armor all the more unpredictable, and perhaps all the more dangerous.

As though clearing himself from the thought, Yev opened the tent to their food wares, granting Soren entry before following him inside.  There were two cooks that had joined the band upon the battlefield, skilled both in magecraft and culinary arts.  They were in the tent presently, making what seemed like sandwiches filled with exotic ingredients.  Along a table was a banquet, albeit nothing extraordinary but enough to satiate the hungry soldier.  Yevgeni gestured with a hand at the table before offering Soren a rare smile.  "Please, help yourself to anything that meets your whim.  I will be awaiting you over at this table when you have made your plate."

There were three makeshift tables inside the tent, consisting of turned barrels and wooden chairs.  Yevgeni sat at one of the empty tables and folded his hands, resting his chin upon them as he mused over the current situation.  His mind was on Soren, though subconsciously he couldn't help but wonder what brought Maxis to him, and so soon at that.

--Elia Cabret-- Kilkis Seres--

"Thanks, Jari," was the raven-haired fairy's response, dusting herself off before staring at Aqua coolly.  "Me?  Try to fight with you?  You're the one who's getting angry, and for what?  You abandoned me for him, chose to train under him, and what has he done to repay you?  I doubt he's even offered you as much as a smile, let alone an acknowledgement.  Knowing him he probably merely berated you and had you wash his clotheor something."

Elia crossed her arms over her chest, her expression hardened.  "You were one of my best friends, Aqua.  But now I don't even feel like I know you."

Perhaps Elia were being too harsh, but she couldn't help feeling angry.  Why this was, even she couldn't fully pinpoint.  It just grated on her that Aqua would choose Yevgeni over her, just like her sister had.

"I have a lot against the jerk, as do many.  He's conniving, condescending, rude, and arrogant beyond all reason.  He throws away lives without a care in the world.  He pretended to care for my sister, Ariana, and look where it ended her?  Now she's dead, and I bet he has never thought of her even once since then."

Now tears had managed to spring forth from her eyes, causing her to wipe at them furiously with her sleeve.  This was entirely not how she had wanted the conversation to go, especially while Jari was still standing watch.

--Midnea -- Raiden's Villa in Mystras--

The witch swept down the hall, black velvet gown trailing behind her.  She gave anyone a cool stare that so much as nodded in her direction, causing them to immediately busy themselves in anything *but* look her way.  It annoyed her massively that Lord Raiden had placed such a watch over her, though it didn't surprise her in the slightest.  He had every reason to fear her, and fear her he did.  The thought in itself made Midnea grin with pride.

She unlocked the door to her chambers, a book under her arm and a candle in the other.  While her selection of novels had been restricted by the Mystran Lord, there were still some which she profited from, and others she could've easily obtained from her king.  She slammed the book on the table, quickly skimming to the page she so desired.  An intricate rune was placed upon the page, which she traced with her finger.

"Yes, yes, this will do nicely," the witch thought to herself, a smile stretching her ruby lips.  "Everything is falling into place.  All I need now is cooperation from the new ruler of Kilkis Seres, and the Overworld will be as good as mine."

Meanwhile, in the Helvadoria Kingdom. . . . 

The duke of Helvadoria hummed a tune to himself as he strolled the halls of the palace, feeling quite pleased with himself.  Whether it was because he massacred the army of Sondon or that he returned with a trinket for the king was a mystery, though his jubilant nature persisted when he met the king in the hall.

The king, however, was a man that few would suspect of Helvadoria.  He was a mere youth of eighteen years, unmarried, and ambitious.  Too ambitious, perhaps, for his own good.

"Well, Reynald?"

"Yes, yes, it has been done, my lord.  Their sewers have been marked.  Everything is set in place."

"Excellent.  We must tell inform their ambassador that we are almost finished.  The time has nearly come to ascend, Reynald," the king stated, excitement dancing in his eyes.  The king strode over to the window, arms clutched behind his back.  "Just think: we are about to begin a new chapter for our kingdom.  Things are changing quickly, wouldn't you say?"

"Oh yes, Sire.  Very quickly."  Reynald cleared his throat.  "There is just one thing I think I should tell you, my lord."

A frown furrowed the king's brow, as he glanced over at the duke from the corner of his eye.  "Yes, Brother?  And what might that be?"

The cheery demeanor vanished from the duke's form as he responded, staring only at his hands as he spoke.  "We failed to capture the princess.  She is somewhere with that blasted bodyguard of hers, though her whereabouts are presently unknown."

"Well, we must make them known, in that case."  The king turned so that he now stood directly in front of the duke.  "Send search parties.  We must find her.  She cannot be free in this world once our plan goes into motion.  It was made clear that the girl must ascend with us."

"Yes, yes, I know this, my lord."

"Then find her!"

"Of course.  As you wish."  With a bow, Reynald departed, having but the faintest clue how he was going to find Princess Visco, but was determined to do so.  He did not favor the king's fury, after all.

Aura watched the clash between Alastor and Arthur with complete interest. Her eyes quickly following their attacks as she made her way towards the spot Helios was.

"I have to say that I find the abilities of that guy a little bit strange," she said while watching Arthur, "I was lead to believe that humans were not capable of using magic, but he is clearly human, if so then how is it possible for him to do what he is doing."

The young woman felt tired all of a sudden, she was panting and sweating a little, she was also getting hugry, even if she had eaten a couple of hours before. For now, she would keep watching the fight between Alastor and Arthur, see how much more the knight could do against the fey.

- Sifrei - Near Lake Kresnik -

"I agree, but there is also the possibility of a threat," Sifrei answered Mariel while his wings folded and slowly faded away, "The second aura is a familiar one. One that I would not dare to fight alone."
Sifrei knew of the Iron Lord of the North, he was widely known back home, after all. The question was: what was he doing near Lake Kresnik? The Lord of Iron had been silent for a long, long time, what had caused his sudden reappearance?
"A witcher you say? I've heard of them, but never had the pleasure of knowing one," he answered, "Any info you could give before we reach our destination?"

Edited by Elrandir

{Mariel: Lake Kresnik}

"I met a few before my exile." Mariel explained. "Sadly, most of my contact was with members of the Witcher Cat School, who had basically abandoned their monster hunting trade to get into the more lucrative business of assassination. One of my few failures as a body guard was due to one of them. Luckily, the other Witcher Schools viewed the Cat School with distaste. A Witcher from the Wolf School aided me in tracking down the Cat Assassin and bringing him to justice. Whatever the school, Witcher's are professionals. A few seemed to have noble inclinations, though it is almost better to think of them as tradesman than warriors. Hunting monsters is what they do for a living, so they don't do it for free."

She paused a moment, reflecting on her memories. Mariel remembered looking down on Witchers for not doing being more generous with their skills and services. But time on her own in the world below taught her some harsh truths about living conditions for non-angelic races. And how even with great power, a single individual could only do so much. You sometimes had to pick and choose who to help. And to keep on doing so, you needed more than thanks.

"Anyway. Be polite, don't get in the way of their contract, and we shouldn't have a problem." Mariel continued. "And hope the effing Cat School hasn't survived."

- Lord Raiden, within his tent with Maxis and Rabiyu -

The lord of Mystras glanced at the newcomer to the small enclosure with a hint of relief, gladdened that there was someone else around, though unsure if he wanted her around for discussing more about the killer.  There was little he could say that Rabiyu already knew, but to have her privy to the conversation between Maxis and himself was unprecedented and, as a result, risky.  It seems the two had fun getting acquainted, hugs being launched out of nowhere and a slight hint of an idle threat, and now it was time to give voice.  Raiden cleared his throat as he looked tiredly between the two of them.

"I mind precious little," he answered with only a slight smile.  "We were just getting familiar with one another again after a long stretch of time.  Hisie, this is Maxis, long-time retainer and protector of the queen.  Maxis, this is Hisie, one of my advisors and diplomatic affiliates.  We were going over an exchange of information on who killed the good queen, myself or someone else.  I hope we have ruled myself out of the list solidly, Maxis?"  He smiled again good-naturedly, trying his best not to offend the suit of armour, before he continued.  "We have only speculation so far, though we are hoping that some leads will open up with the exploration of the site.  The weapon of choice for Shiva's death was a short blade of immense power, a Feyslayer, though it currently lies shattered on the battlefield after the killer attempted to defend, my own handiwork as I tried to kill the blackguard.  Once we lay claim to the weapon, we hope to divine its magical energies everyone leaves behind to find the villain . . . and ferret him out in a way where there is no escape."

- Rufus Contralto, above the Mystran encampment -

Rufus watched as Rabiyu descended into the crowds, seeking out Raiden, the man who was the lord of Mystras from what he'd heard.  They had never met, and he wondered if now was a good time to do so, but strangely enough something held him back.

"And I'm never held back!" he exclaimed aloud, harrumphing in surprise and displeasure.

Perhaps it was etiquette or lack of desire to meet someone new or not wanting to bother his mistress and Raiden, but he restrained himself for now and decided instead to lower himself and seek out something else that seemed like fun.

Explosions of energy seemed to be erupting within the vicinity of his location, and he espied a number of people fighting intensely around a big tree.  Clicking his heels with joy, an amazing thing since he was barefoot at the time, he zipped off in their direction, perching himself in the tree and getting a lovely bird's-eye view from within the canopy, above Helios' head.  Thanks to his being intangible, he made only very small whooshing sounds upon entering the tree, and not the typical smashing of branches and the cracking of skulls when launching himself willingly into a large tree.  He kicked his feet back and forth as he placed his hands beneath his head, lying horizontal and enjoying the show.

This is the best bit, I'm sure, he thought to himself, wishing he had some popcorn to eat.  Considering the fact that he could not eat to begin with, he settled with daydreaming a big bowl of popcorn.  Oh, how he salivated at the thought.

- Jari Coriander, at the Kilkes Seres campsite with Elia and Aqua -

Jari tipped his ears back involuntarily, fearing that he got himself into a bit of a fight between two friends.  He could see both sides of the argument -- a gift he had since he was a young lad, and one of which he was exceedingly proud -- but he felt the need to support Elia more than Aqua.  It was true that the young elf did leave Elia for that blond pretty boy, and he could understand Elia's being hurt by that.  Yevgeni, from what Jari saw, was definitely rude and arrogant.  How can Aqua seek him out for training?

And now . . . Elia was crying.  Jari, feeling himself unable to do much else, went by her side and tried to coax her with several friendly pats on the back, though he forced himself to stay silent.  Saying anything for or against would only pit the two in a deeper argument against each other, and deep within the wells of his spirit he wondered to himself, Couldn't they just get along?

Something else poked at the edges of his fox brain.  The name of Ariana struck a cord with him, and he could not help but wonder where he heard that name before.

Edited by Vaude

- Alastor - The Storm - Mystrian Outskirsts -

"Thats because he isn't human." Alastor cut Aura's questions off as he stood with his arms folded. "His father originates from the Overworld, or so he said. And that is all the explanation we know." Alastor explained Arthur's situation vaguely enough for them to not find out about Arthur's parenthood being from a lightning beast. And as he spoke it seemed like a...genie? appeared on top of Helios's head.  To which Alastor simply scoffed, and ignored as he turned to Arthur.

"My skills developed rather quickly, the rest was simply refining and making them as perfect as possible." Alastor spoke, his voice somewhat emotionless to Arthur. "You don't need to bow after sustaining an injury like that, im surprised you're even still consciouss..." Alastor spoke, before placing his hand on Arthur's shoulder, and channeling electricity into the boy, giving him some charge before stopping and returning to his folded arms stance. "Consider the training just now as an entry into your powers. Now the first lesson is to use your lightning to enhance your physical capabiliites. And accelerate your regeneration capabilities." Alastor explained throughouly as he gestured with his hands.

"Use your electric charge and your physical affinity in tandem, channel lightning throughout your body, and you'l unconciously provide life energy to your body, passively, but focusing on that will accelerate it even further. I think you humans call that sort of thing meditation or something like that." Alastor explained further. "It is somewhat like that, except its on the fly. Now give it a try." Alastor spoke, as he then pointed to his earlier wound on his back shoulder from the dagger, the wound was now completely sealed and the scar even went away. From enhancing his physical regeneration abilities.

"You still have much to learn, and i'l be there to provide assistance if needed." Alastor proposed to Arthur.

- Henry and Mikhail - The Dreadnought - Lake Kresnik -

"You know in the world below we have something like that, in the form of wandering rangers, traveling from place to place for odd jobs, some even take up assassinations and leave town to not arouse suspicion. Had to capture one once and it wasn't easy. " Henry commented casualy as they walked towards the lake. With Mariel explaining the witchers and the cat school and the other schools.

"The cat school only has a few left over stragglers, most of which never went along with the assassination business." Mikhail commented to them as they approached, apparently the keen Witcher had heard their conversation from a considerable distance as he folded his arms as they entered the lake area.

Henry noted the witcher's appearance and the hulk near him, man clad in full armor, strong and with a divine aura to boot. Impressive. Henry didn't say anything, only looked at both Mikhail and Thane.

"Oh hello Mariel." Mikhail spoke directly to the angel. Smiling as he did, he recognized her as an old friend, as they had met in the past. "Remember me?" Mikhail asked.

{Mariel: Lake Kresnik}

“Minus the assassination, that’s what I did for the last couple hundred years.” The Guardian Angel replied to Henry.

“The assassination part happened earlier.” She added in the privacy of her own head. “To extinguish memories, you sometimes have to take the head that holds them.”

Mariel sensed someone approaching, but was surprised seeing and hearing that it was Mikhail. The surprised look last only a moment, being replaced with an amused smile.

“Should have guessed you’d still be alive.” She said wryly. “Too stubborn to die. Sifrei, Henry, this is Mikhail. A friend from way back.”

Mariel relaxed a little knowing the Witcher was Mikhail. Unless he had changed in the time she was away, she felt confident he’d deal straight with them. As long as his employer did the same, these two parties of hunters might actually be able to get things done.

- Sifrei - Lake Kresnik -

Sifrei listened to Mariel's explanation about Witchers, it was interesting to learn about something related to them since he didn't had the pleasure of knowing one, until that very moment, when he heard a voice. The Witcher didn't looked anything different than a normal adventurer to him, but his aura on the other hand was stronger than the avarage fey. It seemed that he and Mariel shared some history together, which he hoped could make things easier for both groups. Sifrei bowed slightly when Mariel offered his name to the Witcher, but his eyes slowly moved towards the other individual. It didn't mattered that the passing of the centuries had made him a sort of legend back in the north, he would always remember the individual that was now standing silently behind Mikhail, the Lord of Iron himself.
The Archangel walked away from the group towards the edge of the lake, he could feel the remnants of powerful magic around them, yet was unable to pinpoint the exact location. The unknown, yet familiar arcane energy of a feyslayer. It would take some time, but it had to be done if the assassin of Queen Shiva was to be found.

"If I remember correctly Lord Raiden said that the weapon would probably be around the clearing near the lake," he thought as he looked around, "close to the shoreline and after the forest between it and the Mystran encampment."

- Arthur & Helios - /w Aura, Alastor, Rufus - Training - Outskirts of Mystras -

Helios paused, sensing someone more among them. He glanced around, before looking up to notice Rufus. "Whoa!" Helios sat up, staring at him. "How long have you been there?" Helios asked, tilting his head. "Who are you? Attracted by the fighting? I would be too." Helios admitted as he glanced down at Aura, smiling, then back at Rufus. "I don't think I've seen you around before. I'm Helios." Helios said, deciding to introduce himself to the stranger floating above him. Arthur felt the charge from Alastor recharge him right up, feeling the energy return to him as he glanced up at the knight. He listened at his instructions, and quickly took it to heart to memorize them as he did. He glanced at the wound, or where it should have been, except it had healed right up. Arthur gasped, looking up at Alastor as he gulped. How Aura had landed that hit, if it were on him he would be spending a month waiting for something like that to heal, and yet Alastor was able to heal it in minutes. He gripped his weapons tighter, nodding at Alastor. "I wish to learn as much as I can of these abilities I have. I'd be honored to have your guidance and training, sir Alastor. Thank you very much!" Arthur said, bowing his head once more towards him. In war or in peace, he had to respect those above him...and those who deserve it. Find a way to control his power, in order for it to spread across his body evenly and enhance his abilities...better said than done. "(Meditation on the fly...right.)" Arthur thought, strapping away his shield as he kept his sword. "Understood." He said, humming as he closed his eyes. He'd never tried meditation before. He always thought that it was just sitting down in silence to try and find something within oneself. Now he had to try and control this power on the inside. He kept still, keeping his eyes closed as he proceeded to concentrate. He thought of how he felt when shooting the lightning out, and figured he just had to focus on the opposite. "(Constrain it.)" He thought, feeling as the energy swirled in his chest. "(Not too much. Like a hose on reigns. I tell you where to go.)" He took a deep breath before sighing. He extended his arm. He focused, picturing the energy flowing to it. Slowly, but surely, the energy swirling in his chest slowly moved up his arm, the warm feeling going through his veins. He felt any remaining pain slowly fade, the color of his bruises fading away. He proceeded to do the same with his other arm, then to his leg, then to his chest and from limb to limb, slowly getting the hang of it. "Sir Alastor, if I may ask." Arthur began, finding the silence rather unsettling for him, never once stopping as he tried to pick up the pace. "How old are you?"

This is part 1 of the battle between Jynn, Dawson, Typhon, and Meksis against Nergal. Green texts are posts by Kunivas, navy for Scrap, and blue for me.

Typhon stood silent as Meksis greeted himself. "Call me Typhon." He spoke as soon after he began to smell something...a smell most particular...a smell he didn't reconigze, and one that didn't seem tasty at all.

Soon after Jynn Typhoon turned around, even though he had spotted the man through his sonars before he even turned around. Still, play along. The guard was dead, that was a bummer, maybe his armor was edible later.

Typhon folded his arms as Jynn readied himself for combat and sent Bherna to safety. With Jeremy to look after her.

Typhon stepped forward and placed a hand on Jynn's shoulder, and looked at him, tilting his head slighty as it to say 'On my move.' As Typhon dashed towards Nergal, speed so fast the wind air behind him bursted for a second For a fraction of a second Typhon was a blur, he did this not with magic, but with pure speed. ending up one arm of distance from Nergal. "Jesus christ, why are you so pale?" Typhon asked him, trying to distract. Before he dashed forward again, Trying to catch Nergal in an uppercut to the gut, this was mostly a ruse, he was baiting Nergal's reaction so Jynn could act accordingly. One hand free in the chance Nergal dodged to the side, he'd meet a nasty webbing of goo to slow him down ready to be shot out of Typhon's arm.

As Typhon dashes towards Nergal, Jynn dashes to Nergal's location as well, quickly summoning the Leviathan and unsheathing La Justiceré. The former blade surges with electricity, while the latter awakens the power of it's slayed dragon. He locks on to Nergal's aura.

Dawson hears the sound of Jynn taking off, and notices that both he and Typhon are targeting a shadowy figure. He is holding a dagger, which gives Dawson an indication that he was about to kill Jynn, the biggest target for any murderer. "Meksis look!" He calls fourth his armor, and a different weapon, a large bioluminescent club with explosive capabilities. "We need to help!" Dawson quickly tunnels his way to the action, popping out from behind Nergal. "Drop your weapon!"

Nergal's patience grew thin, but he was taken aback by Jynn's next action: He simply turned around. His back to him, a prime target indeed. "...This is too easy...surely?" Nergal noted internally, for it took him distracting the two from the shadows for Nergal to attack and kill the Queen...but how could he pass up the opportunity? Rationalizing his actions quickly, Nergal pounced, but he was met with a Cyph of all things, charging at him, along with the King himself. It was a trap. "Hmm. Good, more fun this way." Nergal spoke in his mind as he readied to fight.

Typhon's remark was met with a snide smile from Nergal, but it was obscured by his metallic half-mask. Nergal swiftly dodged Typhons uppercut by simply leaning back and manifested a square energy barrier to block the Cyph's gooey stream of Webs, but he didn't pay any heed to Jynn, leaving him wide open to the King's wrath.

He didn't need to wait for further action, as Dawson emerged behind him, weapon at the ready, ordering his surrender and the relinquishment of his weapon. Dispensing with his usual theatrics as best he could, Nergal wordlessly turns around, on the spot at surprising speeds and rushes Dawson, attempting to stab him in the shoulder.

Meksis meanwhile, after reciprocating Typhon's reply and answering to Dawson's call to action, summoned a Scimitar, twirling it in his hand as he ran to the confrontation. As he closed in, he could already feel something was...wrong, with this Assassin.

"Something wrong, Meksis?"

"A hunch. And I hope it's wrong..."

As soon as Nergal lunges at Dawson, the felyne was quick to back up, using the opening to bash Nergal with his club, should Nergal not move away, he would have explosive powder covering his body. Meanwhile, Jynn uses his chance to lash out at Nergal, hurling the Leviathan at Nergal as a distraction, while simultaneously lunging at Nergal with La Justiceré, slashing through Nergal's barrier, and attempts to slash Nergal across the chest. Regardless if the attempt connects, he jumps creates a gap. La Justiceré suddenly becomes imbued by a dark aura.

Dawson had dodged Nergal's lunge and retaliated with a bash from his strange club. Nergal managed to duck under the strike, switching the dagger to his left hand and slashing at said weapon, intending to move it away, possibly damage it and knock Dawson off balance. His senses heightening from the excitement, Nergal was looking around his person almost frantically to keep an eye on all combatants, swiftly dodging the Leviathan but as his barrier shattered, Nergal was nigh-unprepared for Jynn's assault, only just deflecting his sword and switching his cursed dagger back to his right hand, making his move on the King, unrelentingly slashing and attempting to stab Jynn while moving forward in quick bursts toward him.

Meksis had closed the distance, but he saw too many risks with attacking Nergal with Jynn in such close proximity, though he didn't hesitate, he was just biding his time, switching the Scimitar for a Crossbow, taking aim at Nergal and waiting for an opening.

Dawson whiffs Nergal, resulting in the latter slashing at the club with tremendous force, causing Dawson to slide backwards a few feet. Some of the Bazelguese scales on his club were chipped off, but the weapon was still functional. Meanwhile, responding to the king's gap, Nergal closes in on Jynn with an onslaught of jabs. Jynn, using his deadly senses, manages to dodge each jab from Nergal's onslaught, almost seeming like everything was in slow motion in the king's eyes. He then catches Nergal's arm. Should Nergal keep trying to push the dagger towards Jynn's chest, Jynn would use his strength and grab Nergal's chest, hurling the assassin over his head, and then suplexing Nergal to the ground behind him. Jynn intentionally trips to make Nergal's slam much harder to the ground. He quickly gets back up allowing everyone to close in on the enemy, while preparing for Nergal's next move. He makes an attempt in interrogation. "Why are you trying to take my life?!"

Nergal's rapid assault upon Jynn was completely, expertly dodged by the King, who clearly possessed enhanced senses beyond even his own, but his final, more aggressive thrust, was caught by Jynn who restrained his arm. Angered and still desiring to spill the blood of the King, Nergal persisted in his attack, pushing the blade further even just to scrape at his chest. However, this played right into Jynn's hands, who turned Nergal's force against him and combined with his own strength, hoisted Nergal above his head, completely blindsiding him. "Wha--? What are you--!?" Nergal could only say before Jynn suplexed him, his deliberate loss of footing made Nergal's impact harder, shaking him to his bones and disorienting him.

Meksis could only watch, impressed at Jynn's abilities and his sheer gall, what with him throwing his would-be assassin around like he was nothing. Nergal was less than thrilled, quickly rolling over but taking a little longer to get back on his feet than usual, the suplex had left a mark. It was then that King Jynn demanded to know Nergal's motives.

Remaining silent, Nergal prepared to attack again, forcing Meksis to fire a Crossbow bolt. Nergal offhandedly deflected the bolt with his dagger and went right for Jynn again, feigning a right to left slash and moving straight into an attempt to grab Jynn's arm and restrain him, where he would try to get the dagger and its cursed powers closer to his victim.

"I follow through with my orders, your highness. That...and the pay is extraordinary..." Nergal spoke in a slightly deeper, gruffer voice, almost perfectly emulating the voice of an assassin he had met at least 500 years prior. He attempted to mask his true motive with that of a typical assassin, though he quickly doubted the story would fly. Jynn is a King after all, coin be damned, but he hoped that Jynn would notice this really.

Typhon did not wait for Jynn to reply to Nergal's explanation, Nergal would find his attempt to grab at Jynn futile as his hand was quickly grabbed by Typhon, who had simply stepped beside them, Nergal would face a mighty struggle trying to keep his arm steady as Typhon's strenght could easily bend it and break it easily if the assassin didn't try to back off.

"For an assassin you're pretty talkative" Typhon spoke, as he then attempted to slam his other hand, open palm onto Nergal's Chest to knock him back, but this was mostly a ruse, what he truly wished for was for Nergal to try to escape from the his grip and allow Typhon to use the momentum of his dodge to poke one of his pressure points located on his arm, should it work, Nergal would find his arm much stiffer than usual. otherwise if the palm strike had hit him he'd had aimed to hit a pressure point in his lungs that would make the assassin's breathing much harder, but not incapacitating in the least.

An ancient technique of his village, if you can't beat someone by strenght and skill alone, your knowledge of their weakpoints would surely suffice, and considering Nergal had a mostly human body and appearance, odds are it'd work.

"Plus no assassin would willingly fight outnumbered unless he was an idiot." Typhon mocked Nergal.

Nergal wasn't able to get a reply from Jynn, for the Cyph, Typhon, had completely caught him off-guard and seemed to be attempting to break his arm in his efforts to prevent Nergal from slitting Jynn's throat. The strain was too much, never mind the pain, so Nergal relented but manage to dodge Typhon's palm strike, but played into his strike upon Nergal's pressure point in his arm perfectly. He knew it wouldn't last forever, but the attack had succeeded, with Nergal's arm feeling rather stiff and needing more effort than usual to flex it just to check the effects.

"As are you. The Cyph are extinct, are they not? Besides, your lordship wanted me to tell him." Nergal retorted, looking at his dagger ponderously. "I'm afraid I've lied however. You've got a brain between your eyes, Cyph, coin wouldn't suffice for this sort of thing." He admitted, then he began to return his voice to normal and entered a more serious attitude, rotating the dagger in his hand so it was backhanded and threw it to the ground next to Typhon, its vile energies still coursing through. "As to your observation...an assassin would, if they were capable." Nergal then began to activate his full power over Nothingness, blue lightning-like energy began coursing around his fingers.

"And I am capable." He uttered before crossing his arms in front of him, the power of Nothingness flowed over his body in the same form as before. Then he flexed outward, his arms to his sides and the lightning bursting around him, now the energy was completely concentrated around his hands. "Defend yourself." Nergal finally said before dashing toward Typhon, feigning a leftward direction and instead going to the right, summoning his Aerial Blades in a red flash and making an attempt to swat Typhon aside and rain several of said blades from his hand onto him as projectiles.

While Typhon has his feud with Nergal, the assassin awakens his power of Nothingness. Seemingly in response, Jynn's senses suddenly expand, his powers darkening, and a blue aura surrounds him. It was his darkness again, but this time, he wasn't going insane. He looks at his hands in astonishment. I really can control it! He withdraws La Justiceré, and the Leviathan dematerializes. Two dark projections of electricity form on his hands. With this incredible power, he didn't even need his weapons. But he wanted Nergal alive, as the king has questions for him, so he plans a strategy to carefully subdue the assassin.

As soon as Nergal awakens his powers, Dawson could only watch at the battle for now. We might need additional assistance. He quickly summons a gauntlet with a slinger attached to it. Quickly lighting a match and setting a ball of mesh of fire, he loads the slinger and aims it to the sky. The slinger fires the flame, and the mesh acts a flare, hoping someone might notice it and offer help.

"Are you now." Typhon taunted Nergal's arrogance as the man said he was capable to taking them all on and win. He noticed Nergal throwing the dagger onto the ground near him as the man began to unleash whatever power he had. "Why are you feys so reliant on magic..." Typhon spoke crackling his knuckles. Nergal soon charged at him telling him to defend himself, and do that he would.

Nergal's initial attack was successful in swatting Typhon to the side, Typhon braced for the blow by entering a mid crouch stance, in that stance he became a complete unmovable wall as Nergal's attack did make him flinch, however Typhon didn't even lose balance, he literaly slid to the side from the impact, his feet scratching the ground under them as he did.

And while Nergal did that he began to rain aerial blades down on Typhon, Whom began to weave his way through them, like a professional boxer dodging a flurry of attacks, Typhon sidestepped, ducked, and weaved as Aerial blades came at him, some scratching his exoskeleton for negligible damage.

During the flurry of blades Typhon extended his left arm's blade, and coated it in extremely flamable goo as he deflected an incoming aerial blade, rubbing the sword on it as it created the sparks necessary to ignite his armblade, he lunged to the side to avoid a few more blades as he aimed at Nergal's hand, and fired his armblade towards the man. Amidst the man's attack, he'd have to cease his offense to dodge the soon to be explosive shrapnel onto his chest.

Meanwhile in the distance, someone took heed of Dawson's Flare...Reinforcements were coming.

Edited by Endless Thundaga

~Aqua: At the Camp, Kilkis Seres: Trying to Save a Friendship~

Aqua sighed. “You really aren’t going to forgive me?” She shook her head before she continued her words. “No, I don’t hate you nor am I angry. I understood you would be mad at me once I returned from the training, but I never even for a second thought you hated him for something like that. I didn’t even know you had a sister, although I might have just forgotten you told me because of stress. I tend to get stress headaches, as you should know, and lately, they’ve been worse than ever.” In fact, she could feel another one about to happen. 

“But, I digress, I wouldn’t have gone with him if I had known. Well, maybe you said in that first argument I saw you two have, I was in the midst of a headache and my thoughts were a little heavy that day, so by that point, I wasn’t thinking as clearly as I should have. Not that it’s an excuse, more of an explanation.” She was nervous and began to rub her temples with one hand. She wasn't going to get forgiveness by her continued, ceaseless, yammering on. “I’m looking for a second chance at being friends, so can you please forgive me for my stupidity?” She asked. 

Edited by Sora's Baby

- Alastor - THe Storm- Training in the Outskirts -

The boy was quick to take up a stance as he began channeling the given electricity in order to enhance his body's healing capabilities, something. Though he disliked how formal the boy was, as Alastor wasn't very fond of such etiquette and mannerisms, although he couldn't change the boy's customs. Alastor stood still as he folded his arms as he watched Arthur's healing process. 

Arthur was quick to come up with a question towards him. To break the silence Alastor would guess. As he would frown for a second before responding. "Why the sudden interest in my age?" Alastor asked as he then shrugged and sighed. "If you must know. I am 5490 years old or so." Alastor spoke, "You could say I am much older than most empires in your world considering a human's lifespam." He commented.

Alastor quickly turned towards Aura since Arthur was busy healing. Pointing towards her. "You, girl." He spoke, calling her. "Your abilties shown during the training were not that of a common human, you look human enough, so then how have you come to acquire such strange abilities that surpass human limits?" Alastor asked her directly.

- Henry and Mikhail - Lake Kresnik -

"Oh really." Henry remaked sarcasticaly as Mariel commented about conducting assassinations in her time in the world below, which did not surprise him in the least, as assassinations were rampant everywhere in that place. As he turned to look towards the two.

Mikhail gave a hearty chuckle as Mariel greeted him. "I could say the same for you, I thought we'd never meet again Mariel." Mikhail spoke to her. As he looked at Sifrei and what the man spoke and then at Henry, who looked and could be sensed as the odd one out of the group.

"So you seek the weapon that dealt the killing blow to your queen, me and Rhaedyn here seek the perpetrator himself." Mikhail commented. To which Henry was quick to comment to. "Then I guess we share a mutual goal. I think it'd be beneficial to both parties if we worked together here." Henry spoke to which Mikhail nodded.

"Well that decision falls to my friend here, what do you think of the boy's offer?" Mikhail asked the iron lord.

- Maxis - The armor - Speaking with Raiden and Rabyiu - Raiden's tent -

"Yeah, you're off the hit list." Maxis commented dryly as Raiden asked the related question. However Maxis's composure shook as he heard the words FeySlayer, a weapon known throughout history to be a cursed weapon, supposed to be forgotten and destroyed...apparently it wasn't so. 

"Wait...I thought the Feyslayer was destroyed. And I believed the stories which said so...you are telling me, that a weapon such as that, perfect for assassinations was in the posession of a wannabe assassin?!" Maxis snapped, with clear enragement in his tone as he took a second to return to his previous composure. 

"How...how did he get posession of such a thing..." Maxis asked, as his clones melted into the shadows, "Tell me what you know, im sure you have some suspicions about who ordered the assassination...tell me Raiden." Maxis spoke, his tone shifting to serious to unhinged unconciously at the end. Such a sudden revelation angered him greatly, and shook the already unbalanced foundation that was Maxis's psyche.

Aura was surprised by the sudden appearence of Rufus. She knew about the strange djinni thanks to Rabiyu, although she only saw him from afar and never actually talked to him. Her senses came back when she heard the voice of Alastor.

"Abilities? What do you mean by..."

Who was she kidding, she perfectly knew what the knight was talking about, the sudden increase in her speed had been both weird and interesting. The only downside was that she wasn't sure what was the source of such enhancement.

"I'm afraid I cannot give you a clear answer to your question since I do not know the answer myself," Aura answered, "Yesterday I was not able to do something like it, if I could then maybe my brother would be alive right now. I was injured by a wolf like creature who walked on two legs, but I lost consiousness after a surprise attack. When I woke up this morning I could smell the different scents around camp, I could listen to far away whispers like I was close enough, and now I'm faster than before. I actually don't know what is going on with me."

- Rabiyu - Raiden's tent -

Rabiyu nodded to show that she understood who the guest, or guests?, were. Apparently this was one of laye Queen Shiva's retainers, which made sense, if Ammy's reports from the day before were trusted. Rabiyu made no further comment as Raiden explained that a feyslayer was the weapon used to assessinate the queen. The elf did notice the sudden change in the knight's demeanor. The other kinghts also melted away, which meant that the remaining one was the source. Rabiyu was going to let Raiden explain the situation, she was going to remain focused watching the Queen's retainer, just in case he tried something against Raiden.

- Arthur & Helios - /w Aura, Alastor, Rufus - Training - Outskirts of Mystras -

"Well," Arthur said, feeling his body feeling better as the bruises faded away. "I'm curious...I know that Fey live longer than humans...I kind of want to calculate how much time I need to spend training before being able to do stuff like you." Arthur said. However, when Alastor told him his age, Arthur almost dropped his sword, surprised at the answer. He caught it by the hilt, opening his eyes wide at Alastor. "Almost 6000 years?!" Arthur gaped. "Holy crap, that's incredible!" Arthur said, a gleam in his eyes as he looked up at Alastor in complete awe. 5940 years worth of life. Of experience and knowledge...and training. Arthur gulped, taking a deep breath. He only had...well, he would be lucky if he even reached 100. There was no way he would be able to catch up to Alastor, nor everything that he is capable of. Nope. Not even close. But...he could learn as much as he could from him, and develop his own way. He lowered his head, focusing back on the transfer of energy back and forth across his body. He hummed, opening his eyes as he glanced down at his hand, feeling the energy swirl. Helios perked his head up at Aura's explanation. He turned to look at her. "Aura." Helios hummed, staring at her. "You...did that thing bit you?" For every other thought, it was almost an obvious answer, at least for a Fey. Infection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv-fe-Sj5lM

"Make a line, everyone! No pushing!"

To become a knight wasn't easy. To serve the king, you had to be the best. If you weren't already assured a spot by the influence of a noble family name or generous donations towards the knights, there were few chances available to show your skills and offer your services to potential recruiters. If you showed potential in the tryouts, you would be brought in for initiation. If you survived that, your official training would begin. From there on, it was all on you on what kind of knight you hoped to be. Today one of those recruitment was on its way. Searching for new prospects to serve in the army under the king, men and women of all ages came to show off their potential. Ten year old Arthur stepped up in line, holding his sheathed sword close to him, even when it was bigger than something that he could wield.

"Name and age." The soldier spoke, quickly dipping his quill in ink.

"Arthur Gancelot. 10." Arthur spoke. The soldier paused his writing for a moment before he continued.

"Alright. Step with the group to the right, kid." The soldier gestured, Arthur quickly hurrying over as told.

"Arthur and Gigermo, step up to spar!"

Arthur stood, carrying his sword with him as he stepped up to the field.

"Here's a sword." A knight said, offering a wooden practice sword to Arthur. Arthur stared down at it, looking back up at the knight.

"I already have a sword."

"Don't be dumb, kid. That sword's too big for you. You want to show your skills, don't you? You should use a sword you can actually hold." The knight insisted, offering his hand. "I'll hold onto it until you're done." He assured. Arthur puffed his cheeks, but eventually agreed as he took the wooden sword and handed his over. He stepped into the field, quickly bowing to his opponent.

"Alright! No dirty tricks!" The knight said, glancing at the two kids as they prepared. "Ready...go!"

The two of them dashed forward, clashing swords. They proceeded to slam their swords against each other, grunting as they tried to overpower the other. Gigermo pulled his sword back, dashing at Arthur as he tried to jab at his upper area. Arthur moved, avoiding the jabs as he slammed his sword against Gigermo's, pushing him back. He pulled his sword back, waiting for Gigermo's attack. Gigermo gritted his teeth, dashing forward as he attempted another attack at Arthur. Arthur waited for the last possible moment, spinning as he barely dodged the attack. He ended up behind Gigermo, quickly aiming for his ankles and slamming the wooden sword against it. The kid screamed in pain, Arthur taking the chance to kick him right on his side, sending the kid down. He rushed over him, stepping over his wrist as he pointed his own sword at the kid's throat.

"Match's over!" The guard called, having the two boys retreat from each other.

"That was playing dirty!"

"That was playing to win." The Guard hummed. "I'll allow it."

Arthur whimpered, holding the weight over his shoulders as the storm. The mud beneath his feet became ever more slippery. By this point others had simply given up, their bodies dropping from exhaustion as guards escorted them out.

"If you can't handle it, there's no shame in giving up!" A voice roared. "Not everyone is ready for what is needed to be a knight!"

Arthur shook his head, forcing himself to stand tall, even as his arms ached, and his legs shook. He wouldn't be giving in. Over hid dead body.

Arthur pulled on his sleeve to reveal his arm, staring down at his veins. He gently pressed his fingers against his skin, moving his fingers down as he watched the small glow pulse beneath, following his movements. He lifted his hand, his narrowing. He could...see it? He snapped his fingers, sparks flying from them. He snapped them a few more times, before pausing for a moment, this time moving his fingers across the air, watching the electricity follow them. "(I have only one lifetime to learn to control you. I need to make it count.)" He thought. He looked down at his hand, focusing its energy on it. "(You'll die by my hand, Midnea.)" Arthur thought, growling as he snapped his fingers. At the sound, electricity surrounded his arm, from the tip of his fingers all the way down to over his elbows. A thick cloak of lightning, like a gauntlet, the ends of the fingers sharpening up, jagged and wild, yet controlled. "...cool." Arthur whispered.

--Curvis Sourati--Outside Raiden's tent--

The brunet tread through the woods, finally finding his way back to the Mystran campsite.  He entered silently, speaking to no one in an attempt not to attract attention to himself, and so far it worked; no one so much as acknowledged him, save for a few nods from Mystran soldiers who were none the wiser and merely thought of him as an ally.

The question still burned within him, however: was he still an ally?

Thoughts were swarming through his head after his adventure to the opposite side of the battlefield.  The queen was now dead . . . .  Was it true that Raiden was behind it?  If so, he felt that the Mystran lord was even more despicable than he had once surmised, and he would therefore be a man whom he certainly wouldn't want to pledge allegiance to.  

"And then she tried to take off my head--"

The voice.  Immediately Curvis recognized it, though he preferred not to have an encounter with him at this point in time.  It was King Alderon, speaking with a curious-looking fey, presumably about the war.  He ducked behind a tent, waiting for them all to pass.  He fidgeted with his satchel, when he heard another voice that he recognized:

"Tell me what you know, im sure you have some suspicions about who ordered the assassination...tell me Raiden."

Wasn't that Maxis, the queen's general and perhaps most loyal bodyguard?  What was he doing here in the Mystran encampment?  Regardless, it seemed that Raiden was in that tent, and they were talking about Queen Shiva's assassination.  Curvis decided to stay rooted to the spot, curious to hear what Raiden would have to say on the matter.

--Elia Cabret -- Kilkis Seres campsite--

Elia was both embarrassed and grateful for Jari's kindness.  She brought her fingers to meet his upon her shoulder, before moving away to stand before Aqua head-on.  She wanted to be angry, though her anger was misplaced.  Instead she sighed, bringing Aqua into an embrace.

"Of course.  Of course I can forgive you," she said, burying her face into her taller friend's shoulder.  "Just for the record, though, I was never counting you as no longer being my friend.  I was just . . . feeling betrayed, I guess."

She pulled away, offering her a slight smile, tears still thick on her eyelashes.  "Now, how about I introduce you to my new friend, Jari?  I'm sure that you two would get along."

She nodded in Aqua's direction, turning to face Jari, whom she'd left a mere few paces away.  "Jari, this is Aqua Lumen, an old friend of mine."

--King Alderon -- Mystras campsite--

"And then she tried to take off my head--"

The fey beside the human king, Lorleanna, laughed, her azalea-colored flesh glistening in the sunlight.  "Oh, do tell: what stopped this from actually happening?"

"Would you believe that it was my own humane instincts that saved my skin?" Alderon cocked a brow jokingly, though when Lorleanna scoffed he relented.  "Very well.  It was a curious being that saved me, but then I suppose that isn't very telling, as all beings are rather curious in your world to a lowly human such as myself.  This one was very colorful, both in mannerism and appearance, and spoke in a very interesting tongue.  I did not catch his name, but it was the first that I had met him."

The Mystran general looked thoughtful upon Alderon's words, rubbing a gloved finger over her pointed chin.  "Hmm, it is very difficult to say, though if he is one of us I'm quite certain that you will meet with him again, perhaps with the chance to thank him, if you hadn't already."

"Ah, yes, I do not believe I did thank him for saving my life.  I was, as I mentioned earlier, upon the brink of death and thoughts were not coming to me very readily."

"That happens to people," Lorleanna commented, leading Alderon to a lone tent.  "Now, Your Majesty, if you would be so kind as to wait here while I announce your arrival I would appreciate it."

The king fell silent, crossing his arms over his chest and nodding.  "Yes, I suppose that would be agreeable."

Lorleanna accepted his response, offering a slight smile on her thin lips before entering Lord Raiden's tent as noisily as possible.  It was no surprise that she found him with an audience, though it seemed that she was interrupting at the very heart of it.

"A thousand pardons, my lord, but the human king, Alderon, has requested to see you.  Might I grant him entry, or shall I do so upon the leave of your audience?"

- Soren Monroe, the Penitent Traitor - Kilkis Seres Campsite, Dinner with Yevgeni -

Soren was glad that Yevgeni was as eager to move on from the topic of Maxis as he was, the mere thought of what an unstable, uncontrollable Maxis could do was frightening, along with saddening as if Maxis had to die, what would become of Meksis too? He couldn't say, though he knew Meksis was a strong man of sound conviction, more sound than his own it seemed, he hadn't a clue how he dealt with grief. Nevertheless, once Yevgeni parted the tent's entrance, Soren was happy to accept the offer of entry, noting the chefs who despite working within the confines of a war camps tent, were able to make fine sandwiches filled with quite the selection of ingredients.

The smile Yevgeni put on, alongside his gesture to the food prior to his departure to their "table", certainly seemed genuine. Soren got the impression he didn't smile often, mainly due to the lack of laughing lines, though that might be Elvish Youth at work. To tell the truth, Soren knew little about Elves, but every one he had met never looked old or weary. His thoughts were preoccupied, while he made his plate, taking a meat-based sandwich with a small smile and a short bow to his chefs before walking over to Yevgeni, sitting opposite him at the table and set his plate down.

"Good evening." Soren spoke dryly, taking one half of his sandwich in hand. "So, tell me...what now?" He began, sniffing his sandwich first, not out of suspicion, but just to be sure of what he was eating, before taking a bite, taking the time to chew before resuming. "I mean, we're still unsure as to the state of our conflict with Mystras, Lord Raiden being implicated in the Queen's murder, a treacherous Sentinel seeking answers and now Maxis is losing his grip on the world..." Soren pondered, drinking from the vessel Yev gave him to wash down his bite, looking to the tent exit before he shifted his eyes back to Yevgeni. "As the regent, you must have a plan? In case no one else steps up...particularly, Shiva's poor son..." He added, showing sympathy for Jynn Venas, who hadn't been seen for a long while, though Soren didn't know this, he just assumed he must be grieving, wherever he was.

Jynn Venas and Dawson-Kilkes Seres Campsite

Immediately after Nergal's retreat, Jynn's dark powers dissipate, causing him to slightly collapse to his knees, thankfully, he is completely fine. "You ok?" Dawson tries to help, but is stopped by the king. "I'm fine. I just need a few moments." He looks back to where Nergal headed. "Looks like we got some explaining to do, and take the blame off of Raiden." Dawson raises an eyelid. "Why? How do you know he is the murderer?" Jynn summons the Leviathan. "Because he is incredibly aggressive. Hardly anyone in our army is as aggressive as him. Plus, he tried to take my life." He uses his sword to aid him with his balance getting up. He looks to Alicia. "Hey.......... sorry about all that. I should probably keep my distance."

Dawson runs up to Typhon. "Hey man. You good?"

- The Real Maxis - The Real one, not the clone in Mystras - Kilkis Seres -

Where was Maxis? that was a good question, was he patrolling the streets causing mischief to any who passed by? no, was he killing someone? no, was he unconciouss in an alleyway somewhere? yes, Maxis was walking around thinking about what to do, until his madness started leaking out too much, and for some reason he felt heart wrenching pain...something he hadn't felt in over 4000 years, the pain tore away at his very spirit as he let out a sharp and pained yell as it quickly took his concioussness and left him in a pool of his own madness in a deserted alleyway.  Maxis's psyche had been dragged onto the lake again. where both his mind and the being inside him dwelled.

Maxis awoke, quickly getting himself up in a rush, as if he had a sudden surge of adrenaline, kind of like the ones you have when you wake up late for an appointment. He looked around his surroundings, noticing the same old place as ever. He sighed. "Great. I thought we had a deal." Maxis commented dryly as the being emerged from the water behind him, grabbing Maxis's head and slamming it into the water, bringing Maxis into the being's place, where its black and white sillhouete, oozing madness was in full splendor. As it had Maxis's head in its hands.

"I have grown inpatient of your lack of action!" The being spoke, voicing its displeasure at Maxis, who simply laughed right at its face. "Oh give me a break, you expect too much." Maxis refutted, angering the mad being in front of him as it threw him forward, knocking Maxis on his ass as he slowly rose back to his feet.

"I am taking over, you are done for" It spoke as it charged forward, the foundation of Maxis psyche crumbling as it charged at him. Maxis simply held out his finger and uttered. "Prohibere". As Maxis spoke the being suddenly stopped, its body couldn't move. "We're still bound together, and as such we still obey to the same commands that our creators applied to us." Maxis spoke, as he walked towards the being, completely paralyzed. 

"Your masters...not mine." Maxis laughed as the mad spirit spoke. Grabbing its head and bringing his close to kissing distance. "Well you're the one who decided to posess me after I killed your sorry ass.!" Maxis gleefuly explained. "Merging our souls together, forming an amalgamation that in its genesis, wandered the world causing destruction and pain to all those alive. Im sure you remember our nickname?" Maxis spoke as the environment began to shift, showing an open field with a blood red sky...and a burning village in the background, and with a single silhouete in the distance, indicating it was  the culprit.

"The Bloody Crow." The being spoke as Maxis laughed, reeled his head back and slammed his head onto the thing, sending both recoiling to the ground, "Correct!" He spoke, clapping his hands. "You don't have the memory of a gold fish, thats good!" He laughed as he slowly rose to his feet again, as the being was now on the ground, still paralyzed. As Maxis stepped onto its chest. "And we would have continued if we weren't stopped by that man with the blade cloaked in moonlight, who sealed us away in the ancient ruins of our home." Maxis spoke. as he stomped onto the creature's chest. The foundations of the environment flickered as he did. "And now we're here, I found someone I loved, and had to deal with your sorry excuse for an existence, preventing me from spending time with her!" He spoke, stomping again. "And now she's dead! And all I have is regret you son of a bitch!" Stomping twice again. 

"What is your point?" The creature spoke, as Maxis chuckled. "My point is that im going to hold you back as long as I can, keeping you thetering on the edge and denying you any sort of release, I will make your existence as miserable as possible until I no longer can, and when I fall, my friend is going to kill us both. I will not let you destroy the world Shiva has tried to preserve!"

"You may try..." The being spoke as Maxis slowly pushed him down into the water, as the landscape returned to its normal lake form, signaling Maxis's psyche was back to normal. He turned around, and sounded legitimately proud. "I just hope who reads this enjoys it!" He gleefuly commented, as the mind sequence ended.

"Im watching you nerds!" 

- Alastor - The Storm - Mystrian outskirts -

"You're already getting the hang of it." Alastor commented as he watched Arthur's lightning tricks. As he shifted his attention to Aura, who voiced her confusion at her own abilities. Following up on Helios's question.

"One way to find out...how is your sense of smell? what can you smell?" Alastor asked Aura, if the girl was indeed infected by Lycanthropy, she'd be able to smell much farther than any of them there. And capable of discerning scents with a good memory of each.

- Alicia and Typhon - Kilkis Seres -

Alicia and Typhon stood mostly silent as Jynn and Dawson spoke to each other, thinking about the sudden assassin, Nergal, who had descended upon them. Alicia simply wipped the dust off her clothes as she looked at Jynn, who couldn't sound more awkward as he spoke to Alicia, who simply smiled. "You don't have to apologize, I came to help off my own volition." She spoke to him kindly, her words soft and friendly. "Plus, its probably best I accompany you and your friends here, that cat is going to get you all killed if Im not here to keep you safe." Alicia spoke, giggling a bit as she did, to Jynn she'd probably sound cute and caring.

Typhon was sitting by the side, checking the damage he suffered onto his exoskeleton from the skirmish, nothing too major, would probably be healed fully by tomorrow. As Dawson came over to him asking if he was alright. "Im alright. Provided you warn me better next time you're going to throw an explosive barrel at me and our enemy." Typhon dryly remarked.

Edited by Scrapmaster

Aura looked at Helios and tilted her head for a moment.

"Bit me? I don' really..."

The young woman took a moment to try and remember whatever happened in her fight against the weird wolf fey. Sure, she had recieved lots of attacks, apparently that thing was obsessed with hurting her, and just her. Some glimpses about the fight wanted to recall, but after a moment of thinking Aura remembered that the creature had bite her, multiple times. She looked at her arms but found no scars, maybe thanks to the healing magic? She then looked at Alastor as he asked her what could she smell.

"What can I smell? Uh...give me a moment," Aura said as she closed her eyes. "I can smell...the smell of trees, of flowers, the fruit that me and Helios had, the clean air, I can also smell sweat...rust...medicine...blood."

King Jynn and Dawson-Kilkes Seres Campsite with Alicia, Typhon, and Meksis

Alicia states that she came to help on her own accord. She also says that she'll stay to keep the group safe, especially from Dawson's bursts of insanity. Jynn couldn't help but laugh. "Heh. Yeah. Reckless little fellow, isn't he? He may be an asshole at times, but you gotta appreciate him at times, you know?" Alicia smiles at Jynn once again, causing him to blush as well. He quickly looks away. What was going on? Has Jynn gotten softer ever since the war was declared? Prehaps he's been more comfortable showing his caring side since then. Regardless, Jynn almost couldn't hold his composure. It was like all his sadness from the loss of his mother and the knowledge of the burdens he will face as a king just....... fades away.

Finally, he remembers that he needs to seek out Yevgeni. He turns to Alicia. "So Alicia, I'm trying to find Yevgeni before he does anything............ Yevgeni-like...... If you know what I mean." Turning back towards the campsite, he darts off to the nearest tent. "Come on!"

He peeks inside the tent, hoping to find the troublesome blond, but instead sees Jari, Elia, and Aqua and a couple soldiers inside. He opens the entrance wide enough for both him and Alicia to enter. Immediately, he asks if anybody has seen Yevgeni. "Does anyone in here happen to know where Yev is?"

Meanwhile, Typhon admits to Dawson that he was fine, but warns the felyne to give warning before setting off any bombs. Dawson so desperately wanted to say a smartass remark, but instead acknowledges his mistakes. "Yea, sorry about that. I get a bit too into a battle and become reckless. I'll try to keep myself in check." He turns to Meksis to check on him. "What about you, armor boy? You good?"

Edited by Endless Thundaga