Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

--Elia, Yevgeni, and Queen Shiva -- Kilkes Seres--

The ice queen's brows furrowed slightly as her son spoke, before he grasped her hand to kiss it.  Her expression then softened upon her son, her free hand stroking his cheek.  "You are very brave, my son.  Return to me with your discoveries.  I highly anticipate your discoveries."

Not far from Queen Shiva's throne remained Yevgeni, who listened to the exchange silently.  His arms were folded across his chest, watching with narrowing eyes as Jynn left the room.  It seemed that things were building up again, just as they had in the ancient past, though he couldn't help wondering if Shiva was taking the correct steps necessary to ensure that the fey weren't harmed.  But alas: this wasn't his fight, nor did he wish to involve himself, and thus he remained as he had the entire council meeting: silent.

The raven-haired time mage, however, was anything but silent.  The young fey bounded after Jynn as he left, meeting him outside the hall and grasping onto his arm.  "Your Highness!" she cried out, expression urgent.  "Forgive me, but I felt completely ignored during the council.  I would like to offer my services in your quest to Mystras, too."  Her expression darkened as her gaze shifted from the prince's face to her feet, her cheeks growing rosy.  "I--I know that I have screwed up in the past, and majorly at that, but I have a much better hold on my time-traveling abilities.  With luck I could be very, very useful to you."

It seemed that there was no way for her to fully express her desire to join him, or her earnestness to make up from her previous errs.  Elia greatly wanted to prove herself, and what better way than to join the prince himself on a task of secrecy.  Her amber eyes shifted to meet his, her dark locks parting across her forehead to frame her imploring face.  "Please, please Prince Jynn, have me on your team?"

It was then that Elia turned, making notice of the blue-haired elf that had been rather quiet throughout the meeting.  She offered a slight smile toward her friend Aqua, tilting her head and inquiring, "So, what do you think?  Did you volunteer, too, Aqua?"

(The choice is yours, Thundaga: you can reject or add both Elia and Aqua onto the team.  I have plans for them either way, so it's no problem.)

--Alderon Niles -- Sondon--

The curtain tore away, revealing a sight that baffled more than humored the audience: a small ship rested on a wooden-planked stage, its ebony wood polished and shiny, reflecting the lights from the chandeliers marvelously.  It beheld ivory sails, freshly pressed and bound to the ship with firm rope, and along the sides of the airship were curiously shaped oars, which one could say very much resembled wings.  A silence fell upon the audience as the curtain fell, and, as if it were expected, they began clapping.  The king, seeming to sense the audience's boredom, quickly leapt off his feet and began strolling up to the stage.  Many bowed and parted from the center of the room, permitting him access to the stage as he walked upon it.

"Now, you see, my fine ladies and gentlemen, we have only been able to travel by way of the ocean, on a ship very much like this one"--he gestured toward the curious ship with a gloved hand, before turning a shining face toward his subjects--"we have been bound by the laws of physics, chained to the earth by gravity.  But today I bequeath to you something that will change our lifestyles forever.  Something that will allow us to defy gravity, to become masters of our universe rather than slaves to it!"

Excitement was quickly rising in the king's voice as he strolled the stage, clearly proud of the device which stood behind him.  He eyed the audience with anticipation, hoping that some of his own joy could be seen within one of the many faces.  Perhaps Draksis held some emotion, or at least Midnea?  Maybe his daughter would be proud of what her father had accomplished.  He could only hope so, as a great part of him was doing this for her.  "Behold, the first Airship known to man!  This ship, mark my words, can fly.  It can take us wherever you're wanting to go in at least ten times the speed of a ship by water.  And I know precisely where our maiden voyage is going to be."

On cue, an aged scroll unraveled between himself and the airship, revealing a continent with landmarks unfamiliar to those of their land.  Alderon paused for effect, allowing the audience to puzzle momentarily over what they were being shown.  "There is a world up there that we have only heard whispers of in our children's fairy tales.  A world filled with new possibilities, splendor, and life.  Lots and lots of it.  Our nation is going to expand, and very soon you all will prosper.  The age of suffering is soon behind us, and it will only take a small number of hands to create this new future that I'm building.

"Now then, I am inviting you all into this new world with me, but because The Phoenix is limited in capacity, I can only take eight of you with me on her maiden voyage.  Who here is interested in joining me?  Remember, only eight of you may join, but I will choose those who I see potential in, and those who are most earnest for an adventure."

-Arthur and Helios, attending the feast-

Arthur was in absolute awe. A machine that could allow them to fly? Like the birds in the sky, to what appeared to be a whole new WORLD above the clouds?! He couldn't have felt more excited, more amazed. Their King had figured out what was seemingly impossible! They truly had the best of rulers! He was sure that it would give the princess allot to live up to. He couldn't help himself, raising his hand up. "I WOULD LIKE TO GO!!!" Arthur yelled. He paused, catching himself as he felt his cheeks flush, eyes on him. Oh no. "I-I mean..." Arthur said as he gave a bow of his head. "I would be honored to offer myself for this once in a lifetime expedition, your highness!" He said, slightly trembling from embarrassment and excitement in all.

Dread. Dread was the foremost and first feeling that spread across Helios' body. A feeling severe that he hadn't felt since the time he had lost his friends to the monstrosities they called experiments. For a moment all of that he had suffered flashed before his eyes, gasping, gritting his teeth. They were going to be able to reach his homeland. They were going to be able to reach the world he had longed for, despite having left it out of mere curiosity. If Helios was glass, he would have shattered on the spot. "No..." Helios muttered. What had they done? War would rage between the two worlds. Who knows how many would die in the process. All that could have been avoided...had he and his friends simply followed the rules and never walked through the doors of the temple to this horrid place. What had they done. "NO!" Helios screamed, standing up as he slammed his fists on the table, his voice booming over the crowds, breaking the momentum. "You may not, no, you CANNOT and WILL NOT have the world above!" Helios began, the guards gripping his shoulders tightly. He continued regardless. "The world above means no harm! We mean no malice or fight! The only reason you even know of us, is because of a grave mistake that was never meant to happen!" Helios said as he pointed at the king. "You're making a mistake. The world above was never meant to mingle with humans. Even if you intend into going against them and invade, your men will not last! The creatures, the true owners of the land you wish to conquer won't let you stroll so easily. In this world, you may be king, but in the eyes of the rest, you're nothing but a parasite that latches onto power for no good other than your own!" Helios screamed, his eyes burning with hatred, his nails sharpening as he felt his skin literally crawl, itching to transform into something, anything, and rip this man apart in front of his court. He couldn't tell if what he spoke himself was true or simply a way to scare the humans away. He had done so much, suffered things no living being should suffer. If he simply stood by while his world became involved in a war that was his fault to begin with, he would never be able to forgive himself for the rest of eternity. He remembered the creatures above, those who only he could speak due to his gift. Beings such as Windegos, Drakes, even Minotaurs would rather die fighting than to give their land freely to a greedy human.

-Aqua ~Kilkes Sers:Meeting~-

Aqua looked to the girl next to her.The blue haired elf tilted her head in one graceful motion to the left before she gave her reply " I'll let those in charge of such choices make them. I'll play my role no matter where I am." 
She gave a curt nod. She had no reason to worry after all. She was more worried about all of the beings of the kingdom that had no idea what was going on behind their backs. On the one hand she knew that The Queen was trying to stop fear and prevent anything undo from happen. Yet,at the same time it also left the subjects of the kingdom with no way to prepare for anything that could affect them. Aqua had always rather have knowledge over ignorance. She left a small sigh slip from her lips. Something told Aqua that there was going to be big happenings soon and she knew she wouldn't like them one bit.

Edited by Sora's Baby

Aeternum Siblings - Sondon
Aura was already sleeping, while her brother was sitting by the window, looking straight at the castle.
"I wonder..." he thought. "What is going up over there?"
Aurion turned his head to look at the sleeping form of his sister.
"I have a bad feeling about this whole business."

Rabiyu - Kilkes Seres
Rabiyu stood for a few more seconds watching the Queen, then with one last bow she followed the Prince.
"Young elf?" She repeated. "Oh, my apologies. My name is Eliltari , Prince. That would be "Star Dancer" in common tongue, but you may call me Rabiyu. A pleasure to make your acquaintance everyone."
The High Elf then proceeded to watch the Prince's pegasus.  The others then began to speak, before another one of the Fey who was in the reunion came to speak with the Prince.
"How peculiar."
Then it came as a sudden feeling. Something was comming, something big.
"Again? It's the third time this week."

Edited by Elrandir

~Erica, in Kilkes Seres~ 

Erica was ecstatic to be chosen by Jynn to do the mission. Her powers could come to use, and she couldn't wait to get going. 

"I have a unique way of flying...it's more floating." Erica explained, looking at how Braxter was flying. 

"O-Oh yes...I am Erica-- a Vila. Nice to meet you all!" and with that, the young fey let herself hop into the air, floating there, her turning to Braxter then smiling. 

"I like your wings. They are very beautiful." she commented, slowly starting to descend, but blowing down to the ground to send her back up, her forming a cute little white, cirrus cloud to sit on. 

"Who is good at making plans? We can't just run in there unprepared!" Erica made the good point of, a smile on her face. 

Honestly a part of her just wanted to break in to enemy territory and go crazy, as this was technically her first ever mission. 

- Draksis - Attending the feast - 

Draksis smiled as he saw Midneah's frustration, this pleased him greatly, he never liked her anyway.

He bowed his head a bit as Visco and her friend, Effie walked over as well. He didn't pay much attention to Visco's conversation, because he was interrupted by Effie, who all but openly flirted with him. "You look as wonderful as ever Effie. But don't waste time showing off in front of an old man, I have the age to be your father." Draksis joked with her.

As Alderon revealed the big mystery Draksis was, honestly surprised, his expression didn't show it but he never expected this, not at a time like this at least. His expression turned into a grin as he was both proud and astounded at what Alderon managed to do. 

Then Helios began speaking, objecting the idea of them flying to his homeland and possibly taking it. But what were eight people to do in a whole new world? not much. Probably wouldn't even be able to take a town. But he understood the man's sentiment, still patriotic and loyal to his land. Draksis remained silent, as one of his men was getting agitated and tried to run over to Helios but was stopped by Draksis putting his arm in front of him. "The man has a point...leave him be." Draksis spoke to his soldier as he stood down. 

As Alderon began asking for candidates for the voyage. Draksis was half tempted to ask to, but he opted not to, but this wasn't gonna stop one of his loyal soldiers asking. "My lord! I, a member of the black guard, Jack! I hereby ask you...to take Draksis with you." The soldier spoke, bowing to the king respectfuly and all as Draksis was left  confused...but happy and proud in a way. "He fought hard for this land, please allow him to accompany you in this voyage! we will try our best to maintain order while you are all gone!" The soldier finished as he nodded to Draksis before leaving.

Draksis simply smiled and nodded, in agreement to the man's wishes.

- Henry - At a bar in Sondon - 

"The firetrucker wants to do what?" Henry asked out loud as he slammed his hand on the table, good thing he controled his strenght, else the table would break from the force. 

"Calm down, its nothing much really, the ammount of people able to be taken is small, no way able to do anything in whatever the king wants to do." Mark explained calmly. 

"firetruck.That." Henry spoke, clearly frustrated. "The man has bigger plans, this is Alderon we're talking about and YOU know it! He would rather sell his royal advisor to slavery in the name for his 'homeland' or some such." Henry continued.

"I really don't see the problem, what is wrong with him flying to this 'other world' above, he can only take eight people with him." Mark tried to explain to Henry.

"God dammit Mark, you're an idiot. He is going to scout the world, and when he does, he will come back, more of this machine is going to be produced, much faster now because they have a working prototype, and when he does that..." Henry stopped as the waitress walked over with his drink, turning to her, and taking the drink with a smile, "Thanks love!" Henry cheerfuly flirted with the waitress as she walked away with a giggle. Turning to Mark, taking a sip of the drink.

"He'l bring bring more and more prisoners of war, make more soldiers, sacrifice countless lives so you firetrucker can go and wage war." Henry deduced thats what would happen if Alderon had his way. 

"Thats enough! That is not going to happen Henry you're wrong, you've become someone else, I thought you cared for this count-" Mark was stopped with a slam of Henry's hand on the table, the weak wood could be heard reeling at Henry's slam. As Henry looked at him with a menacing look. 

"Don't give me that bullshit. Seven of the best people I knew died just to make three people monsters, and two of these three stayed, but at a state worse than death. Just proxies, one is in a deep coma with no prediction as to when he'l wake up again, the other went insane and is held in the gallows. And im here. You're trying to tell me that Alderon doesn't want to make his soldiers monsters in order to conquer this new world...Im not beliving that...good day mark...Feel free to report my presence to your officials, I don't give a flying firetruck.," Henry spoke with a ashamed and angry tone as he got up and began leaving the bar with his drink in hand. 

"That man will pay you for my drink, dear. Wish you a good evening." Henry spoke to the waitress as he left. Pointing at Markus, who simply stood dumbfounded at what Henry expressed.

- Alicia - Attending the meeting - 

Alicia stood silent as the queen made her decision, to send a small party to investigate the shrine, she, along with Jynn and some others would be entrusted to carry this investigation out, Alicia wasted no time, packing her things, picking her grimoire and sword, she left alongside them. 

SHe got out fast enough to overhear Baxter gloating about having magical wings. "I doubt many of us can conjure magical wings to fly there Baxter." She spoke sarcastically with a small smile. "Though I could use some teleportation magic, but it would take a few moments of preparation." She explained. Walking over to Jynn's pegasus. "Are we all ready?" She asked.

- Alastor - Mystras - Raiden's vila -

The halls of the study would echo Alastor's entrance, as he didn't take many measures as not to make much noise, he opened the doors with a loud creak as he walked over, he wanted to speak with Raiden. About stuff.

As Raiden finished speaking with his dark shadow pet, Alastor came right after, not noticing any disturbances or even this entire affair with an evil or not spirit Raiden was having. And even if he found out, he wouldn't care, he trusted Raiden to know what he was doing. 

Alastor made his presence known by calling the king out. "Hey Raid" Was what Alastor would occasionaly call Raiden, not a fan of formalities, the man knew he was not one to do such thing. So he hoped Raiden wasn't offended by the abbreviation of his name.

"Alright, i'l cut to the chase, the men can't spar to save their life. Do you have anything that needs doing? Anything? Because im gonna be honest, I am bored of sitting around. Honestly, I know you have to prepare, I know.  Im just asking if you have anything open for me to do." Alastor asked Raiden.

Edited by Scrapmaster

Manel Fienna, Sondon

Manel nodded as her King revealed his latest breakthrough. It didn't look muck different from a normal ship, but if Alderon said it would fly, it would fly. She coolly ignored the overworld creature's angry pleas as she rose to her feet. Her soldiers were well trained and disciplined. Her second in command was skilled and level headed. They would have no problems managing without her, and the King had presented them with a task.

"Your Highness," The Lady of the Black Shores bowed respectfully, "I would be honored to join this mission, if you would have me." Eight soldiers could not do much, but this was Alderon. He had a plan, there was no doubt of that.

Edited by Kingdom Key D

Jynn Venas-Kilkes Seres

Jynn notices Rabiyu following him. She tells him her name, making Jynn feel slightly embarrassed about calling her "young elf". "Oh, sorry about that Rabiyu. Thanks for telling me your name. It will be easier for me to remember." Then one of Queen Shiva's guards approaches him with a question regarding flight. Jynn looked down after listening to Baxter's question. "I lost my wings, and my ability to fly........ I prefer not to talk about it." He slowly looks back up. "But even though I lost my wings, I still will remain strong." He then notices two young Feys running up to him, which slightly spooks Melstrome. After regaining control of Mel, Jynn listens to one of them named Elia, who seems very interested in joining the group. "I am very sorry you feel ignored. Please don't take it the wrong way. I'm glad to hear that you have interest in joining us." However, he remembers that she has had a bad reputation in the past. "But, you must remember that you have made a few mistakes in your life." He then thinks more, and actually sees this mission as an opportunity for Elia to make up for her mistakes. Assuming that Elia and the blue haired elf, Aqua, are friends, he allows the two to join him. "I'll let you join. But remember, do not draw any attention from the king, alright?" He then hears a concerned Erica asking about their plan. Jynn proceeds to mount Melstrome, and the equine begins to flap his wings and hover in the air. "We'll discuss our plans more once we reach the mountains near Mystras. Let's head out!". He then flys towards Mystras.

- Raleigh Marin, preaching and offering her services at the king's feast, Sondon -

In her boredom she had devoured two guinea hens, some helpings of vegetables, and a cup and a half of wine already--hardly anything to satiate her phenomenal appetite--but finally some action had come to liven up this party with the unveiling of an airship and the goal of visiting the land of folk tales.  Raleigh had to admit that this heavily intrigued her, especially since this child assured that this overworld actually existed, and a twisted smile curved on her lips.

A few others offered their services to the king, and Raleigh decided now was the best time to speak up.  Propping herself up from the table, not at all affected by the wine, she turned toward King Alderon and removed her sanguinary cowl.

"My lord," she said with a formal bow, her smile curbed and secret, "as you well know, I have performed many a successful feat for you in every corner of every discovered realm.  It would be an honour for me to join in on this excursion to this new world to continue my legacy."

- Rufus Contralto, snared by a thieving stranger, location unknown -

Rufus' throat felt hoarse and raspy after numerous unsuccessful attempts at drawing attention to himself.  Whatever satchel he was inside was assuredly soundproof to someone of such small size, and he had been stationary in a leaning lava lamp for more than seven hours.  Fake lava dribbled along the upper and lower sides in long streams of red, and Rufus, now cleaned of his waxy situation, floated in the middle, contemplating the unfairness of life.  He was discovered, but not unveiled or released from his prison.  He yearned for freedom, newness, and relief.

Something stirred in the background, the ruffling of fabric catching Rufus' ear.  It was faint, but Rufus was good at catching the sound of a buzzing fly or a squeaking rodent over the years of loneliness.  Next came a loud yawn, then more shuffling, and several minutes of trickling water from a nearby cistern.  Rufus knew where he was now.  He had hints before, but did not know until now.  He was in a bedroom, and the man outside, newly sprung from his bed, was cleaning up at a washbasin.

The outsider continued his morning routine for close to ten minutes before he checked upon the contents of his bag.  Rufus felt the entire assembly of the lava lamp roll, but this time he avoided every bit of the lava.

"I know you can hear me!  Let me out and I will reward you!  A rub of thy fleshy palm on my confining prison is all I need!" Rufus shouted, looking up to where he supposed the man would be.

A scoff sounded out.

"Then I won't rub the prison  You are no great use to me if I release you or you escape me."

"You're making a mistake!"

"No.  I'm going to make a financial rise, and you're going to help me get there, so you just be comfy for a time and quit sounding like a gnat in my ear.  Your new owner might enjoy it when I get a buyer."

"No!  NO!" continued Rufus, feeling the lava lamp incline again and fall gently into the bag once more.

~~~~~

It was not long after that the sounds of a marketplace could be heard from all directions, and the man's voice carried out above them all, selling his findings like a mountebank.

"See the prizes I have inherited from my great uncle, an old soul whose belongings are of great antiquity and will bring you or a loved one back to one's youth!  Alas, I have no more relations to whom to give these, but for a fine price I can give you what you have been searching for all your life!  Come one, come all.  I promise you, you won't find better goods than any of these lot!  No offense, Carlotta, but your mirror and petty trinkets cannot compare, no sirree!"

Aggressive, charismatic, and sly, this man could catch a customer and haggle them a petty trinket for an exorbitant price.  He had a story for every piece, all lies, of course, and Rufus was the secret premium item.  Not set out with the other merchandise and still stuck in the bag, Rufus waited for something to happen.

The charlatan outside had sold a good number of goods and offered Rufus a couple of times to some wealthy patrons (or at least Rufus judged that from how they sniffed and spoke haughtily), but the lava lamp and the prized homunculus did not sell just yet.  Maybe someone would find him.  Maybe.

((Rufus is now in a marketplace anywhere in the Overworld.  If anyone is available to find him, that would be fantastic, elsewise I can devise another character to send him to Queen Shiva's court or something.))

- Alastor - Mystras - Raiden's vila -

The halls of the study would echo Alastor's entrance, as he didn't take many measures as not to make much noise, he opened the doors with a loud creak as he walked over, he wanted to speak with Raiden. About stuff.

As Raiden finished speaking with his dark shadow pet, Alastor came right after, not noticing any disturbances or even this entire affair with an evil or not spirit Raiden was having. And even if he found out, he wouldn't care, he trusted Raiden to know what he was doing. 

Alastor made his presence known by calling the king out. "Hey Raid" Was what Alastor would occasionaly call Raiden, not a fan of formalities, the man knew he was not one to do such thing. So he hoped Raiden wasn't offended by the abbreviation of his name.

"Alright, i'l cut to the chase, the men can't spar to save their life. Do you have anything that needs doing? Anything? Because im gonna be honest, I am bored of sitting around. Honestly, I know you have to prepare, I know.  Im just asking if you have anything open for me to do." Alastor asked Raiden.

- Raiden, currently within his villa near Mystras with Alastor -

Raiden tensed at the loud creak of the door's opening, his eyes launching toward the unexpected guest.  He relaxed, however, when he realised it was simply Alastor, and a bored one at that.  A chuckle escaped his throat as he greeted the newcomer with a hearty clap on the shoulder.

"Alastor, my good man, so good to see you.  I am glad you asked.  Like you, I do not like sitting on my hands either, and this time I know of something, a . . . loose tie in my plans that threatens to unravel."

Raiden's previous smile faded into a darker seriousness.

"News has travelled to my ears about one of my foxchild spies in Queen Shiva's court dissenting from our cause.  There is danger in this.  He has recently come back and informed me of his worries, tail between his legs.  Little escapes my eyes, as you know, and this man will blurt out everything he knows to the queen once he gets the chance.  Our plans, movements, relations, our people--all can be foiled and destroyed by a flippant spy, which is why I must ask you to deal with him as you see fit.  I would prefer that he remain alive and in custody, but I care not if he dies if you deem him unfit.

"I ask you to keep this in utmost secrecy.  I trust only you and myself with this knowledge.  If you are interested in this task, I would assign you to it and throw in an extra reward for your efforts.  What say you?"

((This spy will be an NPC and probably will have no real impact on the story.  He'll be a foxchild, sort of like a kitsune of Japanese Yokai folklore or a shapeshifter spirit of Native American stories.  You can take him over if you'd like, Scrap, or I can keep him so that Alastor and the foxchild could interact more prominently.  At the risk of copying Raiden, what say you?))

Edited by Vaude

- Rufus Contralto, snared by a thieving stranger, location unknown -

Rufus' throat felt hoarse and raspy after numerous unsuccessful attempts at drawing attention to himself.  Whatever satchel he was inside was assuredly soundproof to someone of such small size, and he had been stationary in a leaning lava lamp for more than seven hours.  Fake lava dribbled along the upper and lower sides in long streams of red, and Rufus, now cleaned of his waxy situation, floated in the middle, contemplating the unfairness of life.  He was discovered, but not unveiled or released from his prison.  He yearned for freedom, newness, and relief.

Something stirred in the background, the ruffling of fabric catching Rufus' ear.  It was faint, but Rufus was good at catching the sound of a buzzing fly or a squeaking rodent over the years of loneliness.  Next came a loud yawn, then more shuffling, and several minutes of trickling water from a nearby cistern.  Rufus knew where he was now.  He had hints before, but did not know until now.  He was in a bedroom, and the man outside, newly sprung from his bed, was cleaning up at a washbasin.

The outsider continued his morning routine for close to ten minutes before he checked upon the contents of his bag.  Rufus felt the entire assembly of the lava lamp roll, but this time he avoided every bit of the lava.

"I know you can hear me!  Let me out and I will reward you!  A rub of thy fleshy palm on my confining prison is all I need!" Rufus shouted, looking up to where he supposed the man would be.

A scoff sounded out.

"Then I won't rub the prison  You are no great use to me if I release you or you escape me."

"You're making a mistake!"

"No.  I'm going to make a financial rise, and you're going to help me get there, so you just be comfy for a time and quit sounding like a gnat in my ear.  Your new owner might enjoy it when I get a buyer."

"No!  NO!" continued Rufus, feeling the lava lamp incline again and fall gently into the bag once more.

~~~~~

It was not long after that the sounds of a marketplace could be heard from all directions, and the man's voice carried out above them all, selling his findings like a mountebank.

"See the prizes I have inherited from my great uncle, an old soul whose belongings are of great antiquity and will bring you or a loved one back to one's youth!  Alas, I have no more relations to whom to give these, but for a fine price I can give you what you have been searching for all your life!  Come one, come all.  I promise you, you won't find better goods than any of these lot!  No offense, Carlotta, but your mirror and petty trinkets cannot compare, no sirree!"

Aggressive, charismatic, and sly, this man could catch a customer and haggle them a petty trinket for an exorbitant price.  He had a story for every piece, all lies, of course, and Rufus was the secret premium item.  Not set out with the other merchandise and still stuck in the bag, Rufus waited for something to happen.

The charlatan outside had sold a good number of goods and offered Rufus a couple of times to some wealthy patrons (or at least Rufus judged that from how they sniffed and spoke haughtily), but the lava lamp and the prized homunculus did not sell just yet.  Maybe someone would find him.  Maybe.

((Rufus is now in a marketplace anywhere in the Overworld.  If anyone is available to find him, that would be fantastic, elsewise I can devise another character to send him to Queen Shiva's court or something.))

Rabiyu - Kilkes Seres
Rabiyu watched as the Prince mounted his steed. It was then that she felt the surge of magic coming from the marketplace.
"Forgive me, Prince," Rabiyu said, "I will catch up with all of you in a moment. There is something I need to investigate before leaving."
The High Elf turned around and walked towards the market place. After a couple of minutes of searching she finally found the magical source. What was the actual source? she had to find out, for the item in question was nowhere to be seen, only worthless trinkets that were being sold by a shady individual. Rabiyu stopped to take a look at some of the items, stopping to appraise a few of them before she spoke with the merchant.
"Greetings Master Merchant. My name is Eliltari," She said before taking off her hood and giving him a courteous bow, "I see that you possess quite the collection of rare items."
Rabiyu turned her head to take another look at a few items.
"A few with poweful magical properties," Rabiyu said with a smile. "I am a collector of rare items and I would like to see the rarest item you have at your disposal. If the item is as rare as some of the others, then maybe we could come to an arrangement.  Prithee, Master Merchant, perhaps we could trade some of my own valued items for yours? "
Then Rabiyu took something from under her misty cloak. A piece of cloth that she carefully put on the table before unfolding it slowly. Inside were many small white stones that shone with a faint white glow along with a beautiful and well crafted silver necklace with said stones in it.
"This is an heirloom passed down by one of the noblest elven families in the Overworld. A treasure of the most noble status among my people. The Mire Elenath, that would be Jewels of the Stars in common tongue, if you will. The necklace is made of mithril and the jewels, well, that's a secret among elves. Let's just say that the name could be quite literal."
Rabiyu once again covered the, seemingly, priceless accessory and looked at the merchant.
"What say you, Master Merchant?" She asked, "Are you willing to trade your rarest item for mine necklace and jewels?"

(I got you covered, Vaude.)

Edited by Elrandir

((Thanks, mate!))

Rabiyu - Kilkes Seres
Rabiyu watched as the Prince mounted his steed. It was then that she felt the surge of magic coming from the marketplace.
"Forgive me, Prince," Rabiyu said, "I will catch up with all of you in a moment. There is something I need to investigate before leaving."
The High Elf turned around and walked towards the market place. After a couple of minutes of searching she finally found the magical source. What was the actual source? she had to find out, for the item in question was nowhere to be seen, only worthless trinkets that were being sold by a shady individual. Rabiyu stopped to take a look at some of the items, stopping to appraise a few of them before she spoke with the merchant.
"Greetings Master Merchant. My name is Eliltari," She said before taking off her hood and giving him a courteous bow, "I see that you possess quite the collection of rare items."
Rabiyu turned her head to take another look at a few items.
"A few with poweful magical properties," Rabiyu said with a smile. "I am a collector of rare items and I would like to see the rarest item you have at your disposal. If the item is as rare as some of the others, then maybe we could come to an arrangement.  Prithee, Master Merchant, perhaps we could trade some of my own valued items for yours? "
Then Rabiyu took something from under her misty cloak. A piece of cloth that she carefully put on the table before unfolding it slowly. Inside were many small white stones that shone with a faint white glow along with a beautiful and well crafted silver necklace with said stones in it.
"This is an heirloom passed down by one of the noblest elven families in the Overworld. A treasure of the most noble status among my people. The Mire Elenath, that would be Jewels of the Stars in common tongue, if you will. The necklace is made of mithril and the jewels, well, that's a secret among elves. Let's just say that the name could be quite literal."
Rabiyu once again covered the, seemingly, priceless accessory and looked at the merchant.
"What say you, Master Merchant?" She asked, "Are you willing to trade your rarest item for mine necklace and jewels?"

(I got you covered, Vaude.)

- Rufus Contralto and The Merchant, currently in the Kilkes Seres marketplace with Rabiyu -

The merchant glanced up at the high elf lass with both intrigue and confusion, seeing a lady of such respectable qualities in front of him where he normally saw disreputable businessmen and lower-class citizens.  He was further interested in seeing what she had to trade, and when he did his eyes went wide.  The beauty of the stones immediately snared his attention, and the mithril necklace would be worth ten times the value of the stones alone.  Furthermore, the combined amount, if he was correct, was a hundred times the sum for the standard homunculus.  That would not stop him, however, of trying to cheat the girl out of her valuables.

"If your jewels are authentic, you have come to the right place, for I have quite the rarity for you!" he piped, keeping his excitement up and his oiliness hidden.  His hands perhaps too quickly snared the bag and brought the lava lamp into full view.  "You might know of Oenopion of Helia or the Helian Oenopion, a powerful minotaur druid and alchemist of great ability who lived for two thousand years when the normal life span of his race is a hundred years.  Records say that he was poor, uneducated, and casteless, but overnight gained the wisdom and knowledge to conquer death's touch.  Agelessness was his goal, and agelessness he gained, but not that of the elves.  It came from herbs.  Tales tell of a homunculus that taught him the ways of potent mixtures, and this prized and well-crafted homunculus is that very--"

"Buy not anything of this charlatan!" Rufus called out to Rabiyu, his head turning this way and that as he was unsure of her location now.  "He is a fraud that stole me!  I am not--"

"Silence, old one!" the merchant said, shaking the lamp so hard that the hotter wax separated into many, many tiny spheres instead of a few.  Inside, gagging can be heard but not seen, Rufus lost in the sea of red orbs.  "So sorry about that, milady, but this homunculus has taken a liking to lying.  It is the real deal, however."

Rufus gave an spiteful glare as the water began to clear, still coughing and sputtering from the recent agitation of his home.  Perhaps, however, it was better to be silent now than to further tell the truth.  If the man knew he was a djinni, it would be much worse for the gentle-sounding girl outside to buy him than it was now.

Edited by Vaude

((Thanks, mate!))

- Rufus Contralto and The Merchant, currently in the Kilkes Seres marketplace with Rabiyu -

The merchant glanced up at the high elf lass with both intrigue and confusion, seeing a lady of such respectable qualities in front of him where he normally saw disreputable businessmen and lower-class citizens. He was further interested in seeing what she had to trade, and when he did his eyes went wide. The beauty of the stones immediately snared his attention, and the mithril necklace would be worth ten times the value of the stones alone. Furthermore, the combined amount, if he was correct, was a hundred times the sum for the standard homunculus. That would not stop him, however, of trying to cheat the girl out of her valuables.

"If your jewels are authentic, you have come to the right place, for I have quite the rarity for you!" he piped, keeping his excitement up and his oiliness hidden. His hands perhaps too quickly snared the bag and brought the lava lamp into full view. "You might know of Oenopion of Helia or the Helian Oenopion, a powerful minotaur druid and alchemist of great ability who lived for two thousand years when the normal life span of his race is a hundred years. Records say that he was poor, uneducated, and casteless, but overnight gained the wisdom and knowledge to conquer death's touch. Agelessness was his goal, and agelessness he gained, but not that of the elves. It came from herbs. Tales tell of a homunculus that taught him the ways of potent mixtures, and this prized and well-crafted homunculus is that very--"

"Buy not anything of this charlatan!" Rufus called out to Rabiyu, his head turning this way and that as he was unsure of her location now. "He is a fraud that stole me! I am not--"

"Silence, old one!" the merchant said, shaking the lamp so hard that the hotter wax separated into many, many tiny spheres instead of a few. Inside, gagging can be heard but not seen, Rufus lost in the sea of red orbs. "So sorry about that, milady, but this homunculus has taken a liking to lying. It is the real deal, however."

Rufus gave an spiteful glare as the water began to clear, still coughing and sputtering from the recent agitation of his home. Perhaps, however, it was better to be silent now than to further tell the truth. If the man knew he was a djinni, it would be much worse for the gentle-sounding girl outside to buy him than it was now.

Rabiyu - Kilkes Seres
Rabiyu watched as the strange Merchant was talking with the being inside the item from which she could feel the strange source of magic.
"I can assure you that these jewels are quite authentic as one of my Predecessors was the one who made them specifically for his betrothed in ages past. Pure diamonds from the deep caves of Heimdall, crafted with the help of the Moon and the Stars that gratefully gave some of their light to be infused into the stones."
The young elf shook her head and smiled.
"But if the Necklace and the Mire Elenath are not enough for such artifact then," she said as she took a small box from her cloak. "You can have this ring. One of mine own creations."
She then opened the small box, and indeed there was a small ring made of gold with a sapphire stone in it and small ancient elvish runes.
"I call this the Cor'umarth, the Ring of Luck." Rabiyu said while looking at the ring. "As long as the wielder is using it their luck will be blessed by the gods in any task they wish to partake."
Rabiyu then looked at the Merchant, a gentle smile on her lips.
"This is all I have in my possession right now that is worth something. Now, Master Merchant, what say you? Are you willing to trade these items for your rare artifact?"
The young girl then waited for the strange man to make his choice.

(No problem!)

Edited by Elrandir

A grin stretched across Alderon's gently wrinkled face.  This was exactly the reaction that he'd been hoping for.  There had been a number of volunteers, obviously too many to join him, so the king slowly descended from the stage, hands clasped behind his back as he strolled through the parting crowds.  "As I feared, so many of you are eager to visit our new world, but only few can join me on our first voyage.  I will select those whom I feel will be most suited for this first voyage.  Rest assured, you will all have your chance when the time comes.  We shall return, of course, and we will be able to transport more of you.  My vision is to have open passage to and from the new world regularly, so that we may freely explore and live wheresoever we please, whenever we please."

Only moments before Alderon began to appoint his companions the fey started to cause a ruckus, diverting Alderon's--and the majority of the audience's--attention upon him.  Many of the guests appeared frightened by Helios' words, others offended, and others still were seeming to feel empathy for the boy.  A brief moment of fury flashed across Alderon's face before it became stone once more, turning to one of the men holding Helios and nodding.  "Give him more medicine, and put him away.  I think our young fairy friend has witnessed too much for one night.  Have him ready for the morning at dawn, as he will have an early and long day with us."

Alderon's eyes met Helios', and in that moment Helios could probably see Alderon for what he truly was: a man with longing, desire, an unquenchable thirst for power, and a very hardened heart.  Alderon's distaste for Helios and his kind shone through--for that brief moment--before flickering back to the king everyone adored as he turned his head from the fey and began to continue his way through the parted crowd.  "Ladies and gentlemen, please pardon our honored guest.  He is weary and tired from his adventures, but fear not: we will return him home  very soon, and he will be happy and back to his normal self."

Soon, perhaps, though in their immediate trip?  Not likely.  Many guests nodded and seemed understanding, whereas others were still appearing apprehensive and whispering among themselves.  Alderon, naturally, picked out the positivity and ignored those who seemed displeased.  Immediately his eyes flickered to Draksis, whom he nodded toward with the utmost fondness.  "Draksis, I would feel an honored and humbled man if you joined me when we first step foot upon this new land.  And my Lady Midnea, it would be a pleasure to me if you would stand by my side as well."

He turned his back to them, surveying the rest of the crowd.  He brought a gloved hand to rub his auburn-colored beard.  Too many choices, and so much potential.  It would be difficult to narrow down his list, but he was certainly determined to try.

"My lady, Manel, I would like to invite you aboard the Phoenix," he said finally, before pointing in the direction of Arthur.  "And you, my boy, er, I forgot your name, but I know that you have trained hard and long under General Draksis, and it seems only fitting that you accompany him.  I grant you passage."

Alderon continued to shift through the crowd, disappointing each face he would meet and turn away from.  He met Raleigh's eye but briefly before turning away, taking note of Effie and his daughter, Visco. He tensed upon this, looking to his daughter with somber gray eyes.  "My dear," he began, voice low so as not to be overheard by all, "we will discuss this much more in detail--even all night, if you would prefer--but I will not grant you passage, at least not right now.  Someday I will invite you to see this world, but not now."  He barely looked at Effie and murmured,  "You can come if you wish, Effie, but I doubt you'll want to leave Visco behind, so it is up to you."

Before his daughter could protest in detail he moved forward, picking a random young man of modest class and stature, his royal-blue clothing fine but not necessarily noble.  "You, you seem determined.  I will invite you to join us, lad, if you can prove yourself worthy along the way."  The young man seemed lost for words, bowing lowly so that his robes swept across the tiled floor.  "Thank you, thank you so much, my liege!"

Finally, the king started to make his way back up to the stage, turning to observe the crowd one last time.  The red cloak of the mysterious maiden caught his attention once more, nodding in the direction of Raleigh.  "And indeed, you may accompany us, Raleigh.  I know that you will prove true to your legends and not let me down on this journey."

He clambered up onto the stage once more, outstretching his arms wide.  "And so, these are our eight companions that will join me and my crew on our first voyage to the Overworld, but fear not; you all will get the opportunity.  Your time has just not yet come.

"For those who are joining me, we will be departing at the crack of dawn.  In the meantime, please enjoy the remainder of the festivities and find yourselves rooms in the west wing of the left tower.  A member of my staff would gladly show you to your rooms when you are ready to retire."

At this the king's men bowed lowly to his majesty, to which many of the guests followed.  The orchestra then resumed, and the king made his way to the head of his table, satisfied at the success of his showcasing.

--Elia-- Kilkes Seres--

Excitement danced in Elia's amber eyes as she smiled widely at the prince.  "Oh, thank you, thank you so much, Prince Jynn!  You are so kind to give me another chance, and I promise you everything that I won't let you down.  You have my word as a fairy."  Elia then turned to her friend Aqua and pumped her fist in excitement.  "We're going!  Can you believe it?"

Before she got too carried away--and before she could join the others--she noticed Rabiyu mysteriously vanish, parting ways with the others on a quest of her own.

That's very curious.  What could be so important that she would delay her mission?"

Elia was indeed concerned about Rabiyu's disappearance, though it was not her place to get involved.  She found it mildly suspicious that Rabiyu disappeared without much explanation.  While she wanted to trust the elf, she didn't really know her very well, and what if she was aligned with Mystras or the strange activities thereof?  There was no way to be certain, even if it were slightly unlikely.

The raven-haired fey kicked off, sending dust particles in the air, as she sped off in the direction of Jynn and the others toward the mountains surrounding Mystras.

(I will post for Yevgeni soon; I'm a little groggy at the moment to continue.)

-Helios & Arthur, within the King's feast-

Helios felt the grip of the soldiers' hands on him tighten, grabbing him by the arms tight enough to cause bruises. He struggled, giving them quite the trouble as he ended up kicking the table pretty hard, toppling over plates and cups with a loud clang. "Honored guest?! HONORED GUEST?!" Helios screeched. Now he was pissed. The adrenaline surged through him. If he was going down, he was sure to fight like a fly in a spider's web, fighting until the very end, and causing hell with it. "You've tortured me! You killed my friend! Hell, you've kiled your own MEN and experimented them like LAB RATS! DAMN YOU! DAMN YOU!" Helios screeched, the guards now dragging him away as two of them had to hold him by the legs as well. Helios' eyes changed of color and shape every time he blinked. For a second it they could look like the eyes of a tiger, and another like the eyes of a hawk, and then another like the eyes of a gecko, all in response to his flurry of emotions. He the chains weren't there, he would have turned into something to give them all a fright long ago. "Your king is nothing but a MONSTER!" Helios screamed, tears forming at the edge of his eyes. Suddenly a sharp pain shut him up, a gasp escaping his lips as one of the soldiers stabbed a syringe with some medicine right against his neck. The medicine flowed through his veins, and soon it began to take effect as Helios' adrenaline rush began to fade. The soldiers took this chance and simply dragged him with all their strengths away from the party. Through hallways, down to the dungeon to his special cell. At first, they set him in a normal cell, only for him to transform into a rabbit the moment they let him go and darted off to escape. Luckily he was captured by one of the guards by throwing a potato sack over him just in time. After a few more attempts, him turning into animals from birds into even a bear, they ended up throwing him in a closed cell with no windows, concrete walls, and a heavy metal door. "In there you go!" One soldier huffed, throwing Helios into the cell before the soldiers hurringly slammed the door shut, locking it up to make sure that he wouldn't attempt to escape or murder any of them. Helios didn't stop, the moment he hit the floor dashing to the door and slamming his fists against it. He tried to shift again, his arms growing in size only to be stopped by the tight chains, forcing him to stop. His eyes felt drowsy, and his chest hurt. "No..." Helios whispered, the warm tears escaping his eyes as he pressed his forehead against the metal door. Tomorrow they would go, and they would force him with them. Helios would have to walk back home, parade as a traitor he was, with the enemy in tow. He would have to confront his people and explain how only he remained alive, of what they had planned. How he wish he could just turn back time, or to have never existed to begin with. "I'm sorry..." Helios whispered, not knowing to who, himself, or his entire race and kingdom as a whole. To his friends, one who lived regrettably and the other who no longer remained with them. "I'm sorry..." Helios sobbed, crouching against the metal door and allowing himself to grieve. How could a race be so cruel?

Arthur watched the outbursts of the Fey, watching as the guards took him away and soon he was gone. The words stuck with him. Their king a monster? Experiments? It couldn't be true. Their king was compassionate and cared for his kingdom, with everything he did. He had created this to expand in a new world, amd maybe even form alliances, all for the good for his people. He wouldn't...do such terrible things, right? That wasn't the king he served. That wasn't the king he had grown up seeing. Not at all. His thoughts were brought back by the King himself, his eyes glistening in awe as he felt his heart skip a beat. He was chosen, and not only would he go with the king, but Draksis too! Arthur gasped, smiling ever so brightly. "Y-Yes! Thank you so much, your majesty! I am honored! I will not let you or sir Draksis down, my lord!" Arthur said, his voice almost squeaking in excitement. His face was burning up, and he could feel his fellow knights shake him around and congratulate him. Out of everyone, only eight people, and he was one of them. Ten times better than what his father would have done and more. He smiled at his friends, them patting his back and giving him side hugs. His eyes looked around, landing on the princess herself. It would seem that she would not be granted passage, understandably. She was everything to his majesty, and such a risky mission, as small as it was, was still a risk. She would be by all means safer here within the kingdom. Such a shame, he was sure that she wanted to go very much. Maybe he could bring her something from the world above? Maybe a flower, or a souvenir of some sort. That is if the king doesn't bring her something extravagant as a gift first. He wouldn't stand a chance. "Arthur stop being so uptight! Have a drink man, you deserve it!" One of them said as he offered him a drink. Arthur, for once in the night, relaxed, taking the drink gratefully and taking a sip. Life was looking up for the young knight, and for all it was worth, it seemed to only get better.

-Aqua~Kilkes Sers:At the start of an Adventure~-

Aqua was about to return the fist bump she was given,however Elia had already taKen off. The young elf heaved a heavy sigh and ran after her as quickly as she could. Needless to say,she was trailing behind a fair bit. Elves might be fairly fast but flying was still far faster. "I hate flying so much......" She sighed again this time softly.

(I hate writing posts off my phone. I'll write a really long post once I can get my Internet back. I hope it's soon.)

- Alastor - The Storm - In Raiden's villa with the man himself - 

(you keep him, we can make something interesting out of this :D

"I see. You've implanted shapeshifting foxes into her kingdom to spy on her...smart." Alastor commented about Raiden's spy network, it was effective, fox people proved to be quite the mischief makers and liars, but they were never very good against pressure, they were always quick to spit out information at the slightest hint of intimidation. Which made them unreliable, though that could also work in their favor, with fear they could control these foxes easily.

"And where is he now?" Alastor asked, so he could get straight to work, he wasn't one to dawdle around. "I won't kill a weakling like a foxchild, but I'l see what I can do." Alastor reassured his service to Raiden. Dealing with a Foxchild was always annoying, even though they gave in easily to pressure and intimidation, figuring out what was a lie and what wasn't was hard.

- Draksis - 

(Not much  I can do with Draksis at the moment, unless someone interacts with him). 

- Alicia - 

(Not much I can do with her right now either xD until they reach the temple). 

- Henry - The Dreadnaught - Preparing for a daring rescue -  Prancing Pony - (i'l assume the prancing pony is an inn).

Henry was now at an inn, he rented a room for the rest of the day, pretty cheap. Well considering he was quite the charmer, he managed to get one nice discount from the inn owner, who was a pretty lady, although older than him. Clearly older looking than him, though she looked at him with seductive eyes, Henry wasn't one to just outright bed a woman, he'd rather have a date beforehand. 

Henry was sitting in the bed of his room, with a window in front of him, overlooking the city's suburbs as well as the castle from a distance. A nice view, but nowhere near the fancy rooms in the castle, not like he was  ever able to sleep in one in his time. 

He began undressing from his normal clothing, putting the armor to the side as he looked at his hand. And his expression turned to one of shock for a moment before becoming a frown. "Dammit, its happening again." Henry spoke as his hand's skin...was shifting itself, due to the experiments Henry was infused with earth and fire magic, both grew onto him, earth more so, so much that it affected his skin, making it naturally harder and tougher to cut and bleed, but it came at a cost of it moving itself, replacing its damaged parts every once in a while, once every week or so. It hurt, it stung and it burned. His hand looked downright monstrous right now. Thankfully that drink helped ease some of the pain. Alcohol always helped with that. Thank god it was only mostly around his arms and lower torso, parts he could hide under clothing and armor, he wouldn't dare imagine if his face had such a manifestation.

(How his hands are looking right now, and most of his skin, except his face).

maxresdefault.jpg

He closed his hands into fists as he stood up from the bed and looked at the window, looking at the castle.

"So now you're invading another, innocent world now Alderon? you conniving son of a bitch..." Henry cursed at Alderon under his breath. clearly frustrated. Rage clearly in his tone.

"What about the innocent lives lost to your experiments huh? what about the good men that died?" Henry spoke as he closed his eyes and thought for a second. 

"Screw it" Henry spoke as he went over to a table on the left side of the room, but not before turning to his bag and grabing a scroll of sorts. and opening it on the table, it was a map of the interior of the castle, something he took while on his escape from there years ago. 

"Doubt there has been many changes..." Henry spoke as he began to analyze the map. And began thinking, "If I was an alien from another world...and I was very important to them...where would i be locked in?" Henry asked himself, his eyes browsing the map. 

Henry smiled as he pointed his finger at one of the cells in the cell area. "Yes, around here! it was here the last prisoner was locked...just thinking about about that place makes me sick...but if there is anywhere the prisoner would be locked in, its there..." 

Henry would spend some time planning some more in the privacy of his rented room. If he was ever going to strike at Sondon and Alderon...he would have to take away his source of the experiments...the Fey...and for that he had two options. 

"Frontal assault...I might be able to do it but it would cause too much of a ruckus and attention to me...and flat out exposing my powers to the public is a bad idea since only very few know of it..." Henry spoke, "But it would be fund..."

"Or I can use my knight outfit, its still in line with the other knights, its the same design and everything, thank firetruck Alderon isn't a big fan of changing the appearance of armors...only if its Draksis...that man does whatever he wants with the armors...though those black armors look badass..." Henry commented as he shook his head. "I can possibly infiltrate the castle and move onto the prison block, where if I can get the cell keys and pass by as a soldier on duty...I might be able to get the prisoner out of there without causing an uproar...though If im caught it'l be troublesome...there isn't much opportunity for a plan B..." Henry thought.

(What strategy he will take? YOU DECIDE! Tell me your thoughts on the discussion thread. xD). 

-Arthur, attending the King's feast-

Arthur drank a bit of his drink. It was bitter, and yet the feeling as it went down his throat was an addictive burning sensation that he couldn't understand. So this is what nobles drank all the time? He didn't see how one could drink it constantly! His fellow knights paused, stopping on their tracks and talking all together as Effie walked over. She looked younger than what she actually was, and was easily feared among the staff and members of the army. She was talented and powerful enough to have been signed to be the princess' friend and protector. No one wanted to get her angry that's for sure. Arthur turned her his name was called by Effie. He blinked a few times, looking over at his drink, around him, and then back at Effie just to make sure that he wasn't hearing things from his head. "Me?" Arthur asked. Maybe it was about the whole journey tomorrow? Most likely. "Oh, sure! Why not?" Arthur said as he got his drink on the table and followed Effie, walking closer to talk of...well, whatever was that she wished to talk about. "Is it about the mission tomorrow? I didn't think the King would actually choose me!" Arthur said sound rather happy. He quickly cleared his throat, and then tried to sound more professional. "Ahem, I mean. Yeah, what would you like to talk about? I feel bad for the princess being unable to go to this new land...though until we know what kind of world this is we can't possibly risk her so easily." Arthur murmured. 

Manel Fienna, Sondon

Manel smiled at the King's acceptance, internally promising herself that she would not let him down. She turned to walk away so that she could prepare for the voyage, stopping short as the fey began to scream again. Lab rats? Her eyelids slid shut as she inhaled deeply, counting in her head to calm down. She had not been aware of that small detail. But, Manel's chest fell as she exhaled, they had to have some way to harness this magic. The king wouldn't have taken random people, only volunteers. Right? Lady Fienna's eyes opened with their usual frozen clarity as the fey was dragged past her and out of the room.

"King Alderon is a great man, and he has only ever done what is best for his people." Her quiet words silenced the murmuring nobility around her. Hmm. Her right hand had flinched toward her sword slightly. Maybe she should wait to leave until she had calmed down a bit and was certain that she wouldn't accidentally decapitate anyone for making noises behind her in the corridor. Although, the lady reflected on her odious dinner companions, she would have to find some better company. She hadn't seen Draksis in months anyway.

The hall quickly returned to its festive state as the bunet made her way through the crowd. The Conqueror wasn't hard to spot, dressed from head to toe in bulky black armor among waves of lavish color and decoration. Manel's own, more simple dress swirled around her as she walked up next to the General.

"Good even, Draksis Gunther. How have you fared these past months?" Her formal words were belied by a friendly smile. Thromoni was a costal fief at the border and her father's contemporary had been a lifesaving aide and mentor when it's unstable boundaries and questionable defenses had been dropped in her hands thirteen years ago.

Arthur, attending the King's feast

Arthur listened to Effie, and the more he listened, the more he felt his temperature rise. Cheer up the princess?! Was Effie being real about this?! "W-Wait, really?!" Arthur asked, stammering slightly. He had never even talked to the princess directly! Well, he had, but he hadn’t had the time for a full and proper conversation. It was usually interrupted by him being called to some other duty or of the sorts. “Wait, she laughed at my antics?” Arthur asked, confused. Was it when he had pulled off a maneuver to avoid Helios from bashing her with gravy? Most likely. “So she’s that upset about it?” Arthur asked, looking down as he remember her storming out. He looked up at Effie and nodded. Help the princess cheer up? He wouldn’t pass the chance. “Alright! Tell me where she is! Or, show me. I’ll try to cheer her up! My jokes are legendary, you know.” Arthur said confidentially. They really weren’t. His jokes are terrible. God help this boy. “Though I don’t think I’ll be able to do much compared to you, Effie. You’re her best friend after all.” Arthur admitted.

Rabiyu - Kilkes Seres

Rabiyu watched as the strange Merchant was talking with the being inside the item from which she could feel the strange source of magic.
"I can assure you that these jewels are quite authentic as one of my Predecessors was the one who made them specifically for his betrothed in ages past. Pure diamonds from the deep caves of Heimdall, crafted with the help of the Moon and the Stars that gratefully gave some of their light to be infused into the stones."
The young elf shook her head and smiled.
"But if the Necklace and the Mire Elenath are not enough for such artifact then," she said as she took a small box from her cloak. "You can have this ring. One of mine own creations."
She then opened the small box, and indeed there was a small ring made of gold with a sapphire stone in it and small ancient elvish runes.
"I call this the Cor'umarth, the Ring of Luck." Rabiyu said while looking at the ring. "As long as the wielder is using it their luck will be blessed by the gods in any task they wish to partake."
Rabiyu then looked at the Merchant, a gentle smile on her lips.
"This is all I have in my possession right now that is worth something. Now, Master Merchant, what say you? Are you willing to trade these items for your rare artifact?"
The young girl then waited for the strange man to make his choice.

- Rufus Contralto and The Merchant, currently within the marketplace of Kilkes Seres -

The merchant licked his lips tentatively, his wild eyes filled with astonishment and excitement that he found himself unable to fully express.  Two choices of highly valuable items lay at his disposal for a stolen homunculus, and he was unable to decide which one he should immediately choose.  The stones and the necklace seemed beautiful and tempting, an easy profit to be made when exploiting nobles of their noble eye, but the ring could prove to be the most valuable of all over time.

Chafing his thin, wiry wrists, he decided and held out his hand.

"Milady, if you will privy me the possibility, let me see your ring, this Cor'umarth.  I must test its enchantment to weather my choice," he voiced, trying his best to be eloquent and coax the trade.

Within the lava lamp, everything was getting much clearer and the lava bubbles dispersed to the bottom and top, merging anew.  Rufus now coughed every now and again, highly intrigued in what was going on outside and listening intently.  He was one decision closer to freedom of his squalid prison and to his first owner in decades!

A grin stretched across Alderon's gently wrinkled face.  This was exactly the reaction that he'd been hoping for.  There had been a number of volunteers, obviously too many to join him, so the king slowly descended from the stage, hands clasped behind his back as he strolled through the parting crowds.  "As I feared, so many of you are eager to visit our new world, but only few can join me on our first voyage.  I will select those whom I feel will be most suited for this first voyage.  Rest assured, you will all have your chance when the time comes.  We shall return, of course, and we will be able to transport more of you.  My vision is to have open passage to and from the new world regularly, so that we may freely explore and live wheresoever we please, whenever we please."

Only moments before Alderon began to appoint his companions the fey started to cause a ruckus, diverting Alderon's--and the majority of the audience's--attention upon him.  Many of the guests appeared frightened by Helios' words, others offended, and others still were seeming to feel empathy for the boy.  A brief moment of fury flashed across Alderon's face before it became stone once more, turning to one of the men holding Helios and nodding.  "Give him more medicine, and put him away.  I think our young fairy friend has witnessed too much for one night.  Have him ready for the morning at dawn, as he will have an early and long day with us."

Alderon's eyes met Helios', and in that moment Helios could probably see Alderon for what he truly was: a man with longing, desire, an unquenchable thirst for power, and a very hardened heart.  Alderon's distaste for Helios and his kind shone through--for that brief moment--before flickering back to the king everyone adored as he turned his head from the fey and began to continue his way through the parted crowd.  "Ladies and gentlemen, please pardon our honored guest.  He is weary and tired from his adventures, but fear not: we will return him home  very soon, and he will be happy and back to his normal self."

Soon, perhaps, though in their immediate trip?  Not likely.  Many guests nodded and seemed understanding, whereas others were still appearing apprehensive and whispering among themselves.  Alderon, naturally, picked out the positivity and ignored those who seemed displeased.  Immediately his eyes flickered to Draksis, whom he nodded toward with the utmost fondness.  "Draksis, I would feel an honored and humbled man if you joined me when we first step foot upon this new land.  And my Lady Midnea, it would be a pleasure to me if you would stand by my side as well."

He turned his back to them, surveying the rest of the crowd.  He brought a gloved hand to rub his auburn-colored beard.  Too many choices, and so much potential.  It would be difficult to narrow down his list, but he was certainly determined to try.

"My lady, Manel, I would like to invite you aboard the Phoenix," he said finally, before pointing in the direction of Arthur.  "And you, my boy, er, I forgot your name, but I know that you have trained hard and long under General Draksis, and it seems only fitting that you accompany him.  I grant you passage."

Alderon continued to shift through the crowd, disappointing each face he would meet and turn away from.  He met Raleigh's eye but briefly before turning away, taking note of Effie and his daughter, Visco. He tensed upon this, looking to his daughter with somber gray eyes.  "My dear," he began, voice low so as not to be overheard by all, "we will discuss this much more in detail--even all night, if you would prefer--but I will not grant you passage, at least not right now.  Someday I will invite you to see this world, but not now."  He barely looked at Effie and murmured,  "You can come if you wish, Effie, but I doubt you'll want to leave Visco behind, so it is up to you."

Before his daughter could protest in detail he moved forward, picking a random young man of modest class and stature, his royal-blue clothing fine but not necessarily noble.  "You, you seem determined.  I will invite you to join us, lad, if you can prove yourself worthy along the way."  The young man seemed lost for words, bowing lowly so that his robes swept across the tiled floor.  "Thank you, thank you so much, my liege!"

Finally, the king started to make his way back up to the stage, turning to observe the crowd one last time.  The red cloak of the mysterious maiden caught his attention once more, nodding in the direction of Raleigh.  "And indeed, you may accompany us, Raleigh.  I know that you will prove true to your legends and not let me down on this journey."

He clambered up onto the stage once more, outstretching his arms wide.  "And so, these are our eight companions that will join me and my crew on our first voyage to the Overworld, but fear not; you all will get the opportunity.  Your time has just not yet come.

"For those who are joining me, we will be departing at the crack of dawn.  In the meantime, please enjoy the remainder of the festivities and find yourselves rooms in the west wing of the left tower.  A member of my staff would gladly show you to your rooms when you are ready to retire."

At this the king's men bowed lowly to his majesty, to which many of the guests followed.  The orchestra then resumed, and the king made his way to the head of his table, satisfied at the success of his showcasing.

- Raleigh Marin, currently tickled pink at the feast in Sondon's castle -

A flicker of worry overcame Raleigh upon being passed over by Alderon's gaze, but her eagerness and ambition proved fruitful.  She was selected, and that was an honour and sign of good countenance.  A wide smile crossed her face as she bowed lightly to the king and replied, "Thank you, my liege."

When all was said and done, celebrants showered congratulations upon the selected, or at least all except for Raleigh and potentially Midnea.  The sister of assassins knew next to nobody in the room, and the same could be said in reverse.  Besides, if there were some that actually did know her, they would not be likely to congratulate, and besides that "besides" she did not care.  She sat down with pride, packed her plate anew with anything nearby, drained her cup, and started upon wolfing down her second helping in a fashion not quite ladylike.

- Alastor - The Storm - In Raiden's villa with the man himself - 

(you keep him, we can make something interesting out of this :D

"I see. You've implanted shapeshifting foxes into her kingdom to spy on her...smart." Alastor commented about Raiden's spy network, it was effective, fox people proved to be quite the mischief makers and liars, but they were never very good against pressure, they were always quick to spit out information at the slightest hint of intimidation. Which made them unreliable, though that could also work in their favor, with fear they could control these foxes easily.

"And where is he now?" Alastor asked, so he could get straight to work, he wasn't one to dawdle around. "I won't kill a weakling like a foxchild, but I'l see what I can do." Alastor reassured his service to Raiden. Dealing with a Foxchild was always annoying, even though they gave in easily to pressure and intimidation, figuring out what was a lie and what wasn't was hard.

- Raiden, currently with Alastor discussing the potentially traitorous foxchild -

Raiden gave a small smile, enjoying Alastor's commentary on his choice of spies.  He viewed his foxchildren network as gifted knights on a chessboard:  while easily pressured, they serve as powerful and slippery pieces to deal with as he wills.

"The foxchild is currently within Mystras and like many of his brethren has taken a liking toward the honey mead and sour wine at a local bar after a tough day of spying.  Go to the Flowering Hyssop, Alastor, and 'convince' him of staying with our cause in these difficult times.  It could be a gentle nudge or a broken rib, but I'm sure you'll convince him some way.  Oh, and remember this:  he'll be crafty even if drunk.  If you get distracted, he could slip away and we will never find him."

Beaming a wider smile than before, he placed a hand again on Alastor's shoulder and walked past him, leaving the guardian fey alone in the room.  After all, Raiden had big plans for tonight.  Big plans.

(Fast-forwarding to the foxchild if Alastor accepts.)

- Foxchild Jari, drinking at the Flowering Hyssop -

"Fwah!" sighed the aforementioned foxchild, enjoying his first draught of sour wine.  "And they say foxes don't like sour grapes, eh, Kouroo?"

"You said it, Jari," said the other foxchild, perhaps a little too sot of wine for his own good, as he was on his third mug.  "I can't get enough of it, really.  Bartender, bartender!  More crackers, please . . . and cheese . . . and more crackers.  Thanks."

The bartender said nothing in response, but grumbled lowly as he went into the back to get the foodstuffs.  The foxchildren were demanding patrons, but they paid upfront and often gave a little bit more on the side for any juicy rumours.

"Another well night after a job great done," Kouroo continued, teetering a little on his stool.  Had it not been for his kind's great sense of balance, he might have been on the floor already, passed out.

"You said it," snickered Jari, taking another sip.  "I wonder when the others'll get here.  It's nearing the turning of the hour."

"They'll get here when they get here.  For now, let's celebrate without 'em.  To peace!" the other toasted, but nobody toasted with him.  He did not mind too much, however, and drank from his tumbler anyway.

Edited by Vaude

Jynn Venas - Flying to Mystras

Jynn turns his head behind him to check on the others. So far Baxter, Elia, and Aqua, are in sight and following him to Mystras. The others are getting ready back at Kilkes Seres. As he faces back ahead, he could see that Mystras was an hour away. This was a good opportunity for him to get to know his new allies. Jynn then spins himself to face the others, crossing his legs. Mel raises his head for Jynn to rest his head on Mel's neck. Jynn then begins to show his more relaxed and neutral side. "Sooo....... Where did you guys come from? As in where you grew up? As you probably already know, I was born in Kilkes Seres since the queen is my mother."

(Sorry for my delay, been busy playing Monster Hunter Generations lately)