Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
SnowPint7Fourths

Square Enix lists new jobs for Kingdom Hearts III; Positions focus on post-production

Square Enix recently updated their job opportunities in the career section of their website, and some of these new listings are for positions on the Osaka team of Square Enix Business Division 3, which is the team currently working on Kingdom Hearts III. We previously reported on the majority of the listings found on the site, but four new positions on the Kingdom Hearts team have opened up. The titles of the positions and brief descriptions of the jobs are listed below, thanks to R Kane.

Assistant Director: Responsible for planning, administration, and management assistance on BD3's new and/or existing projects.

Effect Designer: Duties include effect creation using the company's customized version of Unreal Engine 4.

Production Planner: Duties include camera and production work during explanations of maps, the game player's skills; introductions, advancement, and completion of missions and battles.

Lighting Artist: Duties include working on KH3's lighting and general post-production.

Interesting to note is the role of the Lighting Artist, which hints at a role in post-production. For those who don't know, post-production usually implies the final stages of the development process, which are used to polish and tweak minor things before development ends. Major thanks goes to KH13 user SnowPint7Fourths for the tip!

Based on these new job openings, how far along do you think Kingdom Hearts III is? Let us know in the comments below!

Click here to view the article

post-58003-0-55207400-1468959932_thumb.png

I was browsing and noticed Square Enix are hiring four new positions for KH III

These four positions are: 

Production Planner which states (Involves the movement of the camera when you are beginning and completing a main battle)

Effects designer (working with Unreal Engine 4 to create 'a friendly environment')

Assistant Director (Osaka based) (general management and business duties with external partners, but mentions 'game app planning')

Now the big kicker!! ...

Lighting Artist the job description mentions "Writing in KH III ... set of POST-PRODUCTION .... this work lighting determines the FINAL quality of the picture of the game.

Here's the link to check them out: 

http://www.jp.square-enix.com/recruit/career/group/3bd/

I have attached the Job specification for the job position below. 

What do you guys think of this? I feel quite excited and optimistic now for a 2017 release! I apologise if this does not turn out to be the case. I am just going off a rough translation. 

Hmm, over 3 years in development and they are still hiring people? This points towards a 2018 release or a very late 2017 release imo. Either way it's a very interesting find xD

Edited by Shinobi Palace

Hmm, over 3 years in development and they are still hiring people? This points towards a 2018 release or a very late 2017 release imo. Either way it's a very interesting find xD

Thanks pal :) I'm hoping for a December 2017 - March 2018 release, I couldn't wait 2 years without a KH game after 2.8. 

Note that translated from the top of the page, Square Enix is actually hiring for the 3rd Business Division, and our old friend Hashimoto is pictured there too. Always nice to see what the business divisions are up to. lol

Note that translated from the top of the page, Square Enix is actually hiring for the 3rd Business Division, and our old friend Hashimoto is pictured there too. Always nice to see what the business divisions are up to. lol

haha I just said KH3 jobs because that's the only game they are advertising jobs for at the moment in business division 3. Haha I'm like a spy. 

Thanks pal :) I'm hoping for a December 2017 - March 2018 release, I couldn't wait 2 years without a KH game after 2.8. 

I reached quota :(

March 2018 would be the 16th anniversary of the franchise, a weird number but it's probably either of them. Oh and it could very well come out late next year since Nomura said 2.8 is the last game before KH3.

http://kh13.com/news/kingdom-hearts-hd-28-final-chapter-prologue-is-the-final-game-before-kingdom-hearts-iii-nomura-explains-why-it-will-not-come-to-playstation-3

It depends when Final Fantasy 7 Remake Part 1 is coming out since there needs to be a good time space between the two, else KH3 won't do very good in sales :D

http://www.mognetcentral.com/threads/se-business-divisions-ff16-ito-debate-goes-here-nowhere-else.2927/

Shinji is executive of the 3rd division.The 3rd division handles all Kingdom Hearts related games.

Edited by Shinobi Palace

March 2018 would be the 16th anniversary of the franchise, a weird number but it's probably either of them. Oh and it could very well come out late next year since Nomura said 2.8 is the last game before KH3.

http://kh13.com/news/kingdom-hearts-hd-28-final-chapter-prologue-is-the-final-game-before-kingdom-hearts-iii-nomura-explains-why-it-will-not-come-to-playstation-3

It depends when Final Fantasy 7 Remake Part 1 is coming out since there needs to be a good time space between the two, else KH3 won't do very good in sales :D

http://www.mognetcentral.com/threads/se-business-divisions-ff16-ito-debate-goes-here-nowhere-else.2927/

I know that information already, I was just making note of that. Sora96 also made a thread about it back in February 2015, although I doubt a lot of it is up to date anymore. :Phttp://kh13.com/forum/topic/84485-square-enix-business-divisions/

Edited by Rocketboy

Shinji is executive of the 3rd division.The 3rd division handles all Kingdom Hearts related games.

This is just my opinion but I think with FFXV coming out after a 10 year cycle in September and then KH 2.8 coming in December; I think they could do the same with FF7 have that come out in September and KHIII in December since it's the 20th and 15th anniversary of both franchises.

You could argue that would be too close but with FF15 and 2.8 having that gap I don't think it would effect the sales of 2.8 and I don't think the 3 month gap would effect KH3 sales either. I think it's just the right amount of time to complete one before the other.

Hmm, over 3 years in development and they are still hiring people? This points towards a 2018 release or a very late 2017 release imo. Either way it's a very interesting find xDTh

The game has actually been in development since 2010 so its 6 years. nomura said as much in an interview a year or two ago.

The game has actually been in development since 2010 so its 6 years. nomura said as much in an interview a year or two ago.

Er...if you could grab that interview, that would be helpful. As far as we know, development only started as early as 2013.

Ooh, this was an interesting find, Mr. Snow!  Very interesting indeed!  Thank you for finding this! :O

So, it seems that the game is either 75 to 80% complete, or, as the last job description stated, they're already in post production and are bug testing to make sure the game is bug free, plus adding more detail to the worlds, character models, etc!  OH GOD, DO YOU THINK THAT NEXT YEAR WILL BE THE YEAR!? WILL THE 15TH ANNIVERSARY OF KINGDOM HEARTS BRING US KINGDOM HEARTS III!?  IT'S LOOKING VERY LIKELY!!!!  OH GOD, I NEED DECEMBER TO COME ALREADY, I MUST FIND OUT MORE ABOUT KHIII'S CURRENT PLACE IN DEVELOPMENT!!! X_X

Square Enix recently updated their job opportunities in the career section of their website, and some of these new listings are for positions on the Osaka team of Square Enix Business Division 3, which is the team currently working on Kingdom Hearts III. We previously reported on the majority of the listings found on the site, but four new positions on the Kingdom Hearts team have opened up. The titles of the positions and brief descriptions of the jobs are listed below, thanks to R Kane.

Assistant Director: Responsible for planning, administration, and management assistance on BD3's new and/or existing projects.

Effect Designer: Duties include effect creation using the company's customized version of Unreal Engine 4.

Production Planner: Duties include camera and production work during explanations of maps, the game player's skills; introductions, advancement, and completion of missions and battles.

Lighting Artist: Duties include working on KH3's lighting and general post-production.

Interesting to note is the role of the Lighting Artist, which hints at a role in post-production. Major thanks goes to KH13 user SnowPint7Fourths for the tip!

Based on these new job openings, how far along do you think Kingdom Hearts III is? Let us know in the comments below!

Click here to view the article

Ooh, this was an interesting find, Mr. Snow!  Very interesting indeed!  Thank you for finding this! :O So, it seems that the game is either 75 to 80% complete, or, as the last job description stated, they're already in post production and are bug testing to make sure the game is bug free, plus adding more detail to the worlds, character models, etc!  OH GOD, DO YOU THINK THAT NEXT YEAR WILL BE THE YEAR!? WILL THE 15TH ANNIVERSARY OF KINGDOM HEARTS BRING US KINGDOM HEARTS III!?  IT'S LOOKING VERY LIKELY!!!!  OH GOD, I NEED DECEMBER TO COME ALREADY, I MUST FIND OUT MORE ABOUT KHIII'S CURRENT PLACE IN DEVELOPMENT!!! X_X

I'm just going to completely come out now and say there is no doubt in my mind 100%, that this game will release in 2017 on its 15th year anniversary. I think if the FF7 Remake part 1 gets released next year too that's fine, all they would have to do is leave a 3 month gap between them both with it being FF7 20th anniversary. But I now think KH3 has a better chance of releasing in 2017 just due to the fact its had a year longer in development.

My guess is this means Release Date announcement this winter.

I'm getting this sense as well, especially since they were very specific that they would announce info in winter. I won't be surprised if there's nothing about that there, but I do have a good feeling about it.

don't forget about Final Fantasy 7 Remake Episode 1 lol 

I still find the episodic releases stupid.

Anyway, there's too many events related to Kingdom Hearts at 2017 for it not to be released then.