Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Aqua7KH

Roleplay Game On (Roleplay)

(Sign ups are still open! http://kh13.com/forum/topic/97261-game-on-sign-ups-and-discussion/?view=getnewpost Please follow the thread to be kept up to date!)

The morning breeze flew into the room of young adolescent Kline Tosh. He sat up with a small yawn, plugging his hears as the birds chirped loudly at his window. He reached over and took a hold of his Synth by his bed stand. It appeared to be some sort of Bluetooth earpiece. Upon placing it on his ear, he turned it on and the earpiece attatched itself snugly into Kline's ear. With a small chuckle, he spoke into it.

"Good morning, Roxas." Kline said, heading downstairs. His parents were already out to work despite it being a lovely weekend, so Kline decided to get dressed quickly and head out the door.

Meanwhile, the boy Kline spoke of sat ontop of the clock tower in Twilight Town, eyes closed in meditation. The boy, Roxas was on guard practically 24/7 in the game world, keeping watch on his own domain in addition to the worlds of the other games. Luckily there hasn't been any virus attacks lately, but it was all too quiet. They were planning something.

"Hey, Kline." Roxas said, standing up as he began to watch over the citizens down below like tiny little ants. He was able to tell though local NPCs from those who were visiting from other worlds. "It's quiet again right now. They're up to something no good."

"Zzz....Zzz...."

Lax's snoring echoed throughout the Hub. Sleeping in his "bed", complete with a sleeping bag and a pillow, next to a wall, the young boy was just soundly asleep. Although, there's one thing he forgot...He left his Sync on his ear.

Unfortunately, for a purple-haired half Genie trying to sleep in her own bed in her own house, Shantae had a rude awakening. Some game characters had to sleep too. And she was one of them. O. M. G. He has been snoring all morning! And just wanna go back to sleep... She cleared her voice and began to speak. "Lax...Laaaax....LAAAX!! WAKE UP!"

"D-DAH! I DIDN'T DO IT!" Lax said out loud, just waking up. He panted a looked around. Lax? Lax, it's me, Shantae. The half-Genie's voice could be heard from Lax's Sync. "Huh? Oh hi Shantae! Why are you up so suddenly?" He asked, tilting his head. Because of your snoring! I can't get a single ounce of sleep when you do that! She said, whining. "....I snore?"

Shantae just felt the urge to facepalm herself, but fought it. "....Yes. Yes you do. We've been over this. Many times...Months even." I just don't believe you.

Bam! Yup. She facepalmed herself. Couldn't hold it back any longer. "Look, just take off your Sync, you do your day, and I go back to happy little dreamland okay?" She said playfully, so Lax could understand.

The boy nodded, even though he couldn't see her. "Okay! Goodnight Shantae." He said happily. Yeah...Goodnight Lax. With that, Lax took off his Sync and placed it in a small, blue box next to his sleeping bag. He yawned and stretched his arms, then unzipped from his sleeping bag. He then put on his red cap to start the day with a smile.

(I'll post/edit for Terumi later. And Soma is in Twilight Town if anyone didn't catch that)

Anton still slept in his room. He forgot to turn off the Syth, as usual. While he didn't put it on, it was still close to him, as his room was pretty small, as he lived alone in a small apartment, near his university.

"Anton...Anton...wake up already! You have been sleeping for 10 hours!"

"What? Just let me have 5 more minutes, please..."

Soma chuckled a bit. "You mean one hour?" 

"Fine..." Anton got up from his bed and slowly got dressed. He put up the Syth and started walking to the nearest hub, talking with Soma along the way.

"So Soma, where are you now?"

"A town with an endless sunset... feels refreshing compared to the eternal eclipse back in the castle from my world."

"Sounds nice. Anything of interest is happening?"

"Nothing, but that's the problem...it is really quiet here. That's pretty suspicious if you ask me."

Edited by Shun Kurosaki

Bri pushed a curly brown lock of hair out of her eyes as she turned the page of her book, reviewing her notes absently as she listened to her partner.

"Vale is fine, nothing new from the Sanctum. It looks like Weyward isn't under threat at all right now."

"Weird. Did Karis get anything on the observatory?"

"Nothing." Heh, she could practically hear the frown in his voice.

"Hmm..." She sipped her hot chocolate as she flipped forward one page, eyes resting on an interesting entry. "Anything from the Kingdom Hearts world? We haven't checked there recently."

"Not that I've heard of."

"Give that one a try. Twilight town is normally pretty quiet, you could start there."

"Got it." Matthew began the long climb down the endless wall from Apollo Sanctum, scanning the surrounding area as he went. It had been a quiet night, he hadn't even run into many monsters. At the end of the tower he paused, looking out towards Mount Aleph, 'Wise One,' the quiet warrior thought to the guardian that had guided his father, 'If you can hear me, now would be a great time for a hint.'

-Yggdrasil-

A blue-haired man sat at a table in a dimly lit room.  Candles upon the table had long died out, their wax bubbling around the corners of the dish which held them.  The man had his head upon his arm which rested on the table, his eyes closed.  Perhaps he were merely resting, or maybe, after hours of reading at this very table, he'd succumbed to the sleep which threatened to take hold of him.  This fact remained unknown as the door to the chamber opened, and in stepped a tall blond man.

He was adorned with emerald jewelry, long blond hair cascading down his back and shoulders.  He wore an air of priority and importance, and just by his posture one could tell that he was a leader.

And had been a leader for a very, very long time.

This man, whose pearlescent wings glittered in the dim light, practically glided along the marble floor, causing the blue-haired man to raise his head in confusion.  Their eyes met briefly, and it was the blue-haired man who spoke first.  "Lord Yggdrasil," was his simple statement, before the blond grabbed the book lying open on the table.  The blond, presumably Lord Yggdrasil, flipped through the pages, before returning to the same spot again.

"You're thinking of her again, aren't you?" he stated, voice cold.

The blue-haired man proffered no response, though a look of concern could be traced on his face.  "Well, she is certainly a matter of importance to us all,  my lord.  I thought you would be pleased that I have done my research."

"Times have changed, Yuan," Yggdrasil murmured, setting the book down dismally.  "The game is shifting, things are starting to turn around.  For the better or worse, that depends on how we play our parts.  Right now the Evos are our only hope to bringing her back.  We answer to them now."  The blond glided toward the window, gazing out it for the longest time while letting out a deep sigh.  Yuan sank back into his chair, a bit defeated after Yggdrasil's words.  He partly wondered how trustworthy these Evos were and how they would be able to aid them in bringing Martel back, but he did not voice his doubt aloud lest he anger Yggdrasil.

"So then, my lord," he began slowly, now rising from his chair.  "What would you have me do?"

That was a good question, something which Yggdrasil had been silently puzzling over himself.  Ariana hadn't dropped him a word in quite some time, and he partly wondered if her movement was still in effect.  Finally the blond shifted to face Yuan, his emerald eyes glittering as they met.  "For now, we wait."

--Celes--

A yawn sounded in the room that Celes was in, though this yawn was not from her.  The blonde sat up in bed, her head nearly striking the low ceiling beam just above her.  She rubbed her head, despite it not touching her, as she glanced around the barracks.  Being a soldier certainly had its deficits, sleeping in a bunk in a room with loud people being one of them.  There was no privacy or comfort, especially with her being the only female of her group.  She slid silently out of her bunk, grabbing her supplies in the corner of the room.  It had been a while since she'd been given any orders from her partner, though this didn't concern her too greatly.  There were many other issues at hand, keeping these whacky soldiers at bay being one of them.

The general left the room, allowing the cool morning air to whip her long thick locks of golden hair.  She always enjoyed her missions, though admittedly missed the castle and her own personal abode.  She also missed Cid, the one man who was actually like family to her.  She always desired family, though was trained to be cold and not to love for a very long time.  Eventually her stomach rumbled, reminding her that she wasn't invincible and invulnerable to human needs, and she began heading off to begin a campfire for herself and her comrades.

-Leonardo-
"BEEP BEEP! Wake up! It's almost past ten!" The alarm bleeped, ringing annoyingly across the room. Leonardo groaned, blinking a few times as he turned over in his bed, pulling the sheets over his head. "Five more minutes." Leonardo asked, closing his eyes again. It didn't last very long. "Zo zetta slow! You haven't woken up yet?! By the time you drop an apple from a tree, I would have dropped the moon!" Sho screamed through the earpiece, much to Leonardo's dismay. "Fine, fine, FINE!" Leonardo groaned, sitting up on his bed as he yawned. He stretched, groaning loudly as he pulled the sheets off him and stood up. "AIL, heat up the water to 80 degrees Fahrenheit. Start up my computer and turn on the TV too." Leonardo said, the room itself seemingly gleaming up as it responded to its words, the artificially intelligence of the house beginning to follow orders, the TV turning on on itself. Leonardo walked over to his computer, typing up a few things as he checked for any emails. "Anything interesting where you're at, Sho?" Leonardo asked. "Nothing so far. I'm heading to a clock tower up the hill. This town is pretty quiet...I don't like it." Sho admitted. Leonardo shrugged as he walked away from his computer and stepped into the shower, still communicating with Sho. "Make sure to try to gain any information out of your targets before trying to kill them off or infect them. It's annoying to have to decode your mess." Leonardo asked as he took a quick shower before beginning his day. An email full of suspects, a whole day of hacking ahead. "Yeah yeah. I'll try. Can't say I'll succeed on that though! After all, this is my game. And I only allow two things! Flawless calculations...and beauty!" Sho said, causing Leonardo to sigh in slight disappointment. Sho was...really a difficult partner. But then again Leonardo was the only person with enough patience for this guy. "Contact me if you succeed on any information." Leonardo asked. "Got it."

-Sho-
Sho walked up the streets of Twilight Town, his hands in his pocket as he could see the clock tower in the distance. If the rest of the town was so empty looking, maybe the Clock tower was like a beacon that attracted players around! And players meant that there could be free, unexpecting and uninfected players that could definitely use some EVO in their system. "I love my job."

Lax turned the lights on in the Hub, beginning his day once again in his very own sanctuary he called home. He took a deep breath and yelled out with pride...

"GOOD MORNING HUUUB!!!" He yelled out with a smile on his face. He took another scan of the entire room. Consoles, games, arcades, anything to do with video gaming was here in this wonderful place. Including, the one and only..."Final Clash". Lax felt the strong urge to turn it on so badly to see what was happening, but held back. He couldn't go on without the others here. That wouldn't be fun. I'll come back for you...I promise... He thought in his head, staring at the black screen seeing his reflection. The boy turned around and walked towards a table with a white blanket over it. "It's Tech Time...Heh Heh Heh." Lax chuckled. He pulled the sheet off, revealing his closed laptop and some of his creations in work that would be hard to describe in appearance. He pulled up a chair, opened up his laptop, and started clicking away.

"Now...Back to working on that cure..."

Shantae shortly found herself out of bed and into her regular clothing, walking around Twilight Town. Every one else seemed to be there. She sighed with her arms crossed. "Thanks to Lax, I can't go back to sleep. All I ask is just for one night, but no. He just had to be 'Lax'." She sighed again. "Oh well. I guess it can't be helped. He is my partner after all." The Half-Genie looked around with a curious look on her face. This place is so quiet...

~William Bayfield~It had been quite a long day at the school. Tests, tests and more tests.If there was anything Will still hated about the school system even when he was a kid, it was the standardized test system.But whatever. It was over.Will had just pulled into the driveway and went to the back side of his house, opening the door to his cellar.After dropping down and closing the door behind him, Will walked over to his generator and turned it on.The lights and machines began to turn on.Will's arcade was back on for the weekend.Before the kids showed up in half an hour, Will rushed upstairs."How kind of you to stop by before your beloved public shows up," his wife said, back turned to the door."Sorry, hun," Will said, kissing his wife on the cheek as he grabbed a plate of food. "You know how it is with the standardized tests.""I just wish you'd be more careful with your arcade," she responded. "Someone's going to notice what's going on and you're going to get caught.""You worry too much," Will said, heading back down the stairs. "I've got it all under control." Will sat at his desk, his place of command in the arcade.Will reached for one of the cabinets nearby and pulled out his Synth. He'd found it a year ago and since then, he'd been working for a better world.Will put on his Synth, tapped it twice and spoke to his digital ally, "Tron, you there?"~Tron~Tron stood, ready for another assault by the enemies in the simulator. Today: Imperial Stormtroopers.That was when the simulation froze, and a voice came through to Tron."Ready and waiting, Will," Tron responded, deactivating his training for the day.Will, Tron's current user, did not always have the time to work with Tron in their fight against the EVOs, so, when Will was away, Tron trained against any and all foes he could download into his combat simulator."What's the latest in there?" Will said."Nothing. It's been quiet around here for the most part," Tron replied as he exited the place he called his base of operations.A replica of Flynn's Arcade, Will and Tron had taken it during their first weeks together. In the weeks following, Tron (as per Will's instruction) had modified it into a training center and base of communication across various worlds. Tron had tried to start cataloging all known Beta and EVO characters, mostly to be able to keep track of them.Tron moved to his computer, "We haven't seen any new EVOs show up, and there's been no recent activity.""Sounds good," Will said, his voice slightly mumbled. Tron had come to understand that this meant Will was eating, a process he himself did not require. Will swallowed before continuing, "I guess you should just stay the course."Tron shook his head, "I don't like it. There's usually a sighting or two a day. It seems like the EVOs are just waiting to strike.""Lighten up, Tron. You've got this under control."Tron turned to the teleporter in the corner of the arcade, "Affirmative, my user. Are we going to be together this weekend?""Not tomorrow night. The wife and I have a date."Tron nodded as he stepped into the teleporter and typed in coordinates, "Affirmative. I'll scout then.""Good. Go ahead."Tron's body dissipated and reappeared on the clock tower in Twilight Town. He noticed the boy in the black coat standing on the edge of the clock tower.Tron began to walk up to him, "Roxas. How are things here?"

In his house Tyler was in a calm and relaxed sleep.  The kind of sleep that anyone would want to stay in.  But the alarm in Tyler's cell started to ring.  He reaches it on the nightstand close by and shuts it off.  Yawning, he stretches his arms before getting off his bed.  "Guess it's time for work." Tyler mumbled to himself.  Before getting dressed, he thought of checking in with his partner. Tyler grabs his Synth, places it on his right ear and says:  "Hey Kite.  How's it going?"  "Oh, Tyler.  I'm good thanks.  And good Morning."  Kite responded as he was already awake.  Putting on his uniform, Tyler adds:  "Good morning.  So, do you have work today?"  ​Kite: "Yeah I do.  I'm guessing you have work too since you ​asked me."  Tyler:  "That's right.  How about we play in Final Clash after we're both done?"  Kite:  "Sounds good.  I'll see you later then."  Tyler:  "Yeah, see you later."  On that note Tyler had his uniform on.  Taking off the Synth and carefully placing it in his right pocket, he grabs an apple before heading out the door.

Meanwhile Kite stood inside what looked like a cathedral on the outside.  More specifically he stood toward the statue of a young woman behind a barred fence.  Looking at it, Kite spoke aloud:  "Good morning Aura.  I hope you don't mind the chat I had.  I was talking to my partner Tyler.  Anyway, I wanted to tell you something.  Even though it's only been a few moments, I feel like something bad is going to happen.  I really hope I'm wrong.  Well, that's all for now.  I'll see you again soon."  With that, Kite starts walking out of the cathedral.  He stops to take a quick look back at the building.  He then reaches the Chaos Gate of the area and warps to the nearest town.

"I'm here," Matthew informed his partner as he reached the town, "Search for NPCs and players for information?""Correct." Bri had finished her chocolate and moved onto washing the dishes. "I have a bit more studying to do to see if I can find a pattern that matches this one, I will head over to the Hub when I have time. Let me know if you find anything interesting.""Alright." The swordsman set off towards the tower, it was an obvious central meeting place. There were only a few other characters around. He stopped as a flash of purple caught his eye."Shantae!" He walked over to the half-genie with a smile. She was one of the beta characters he had met a few times, it was nice to see her here. "Do you know what's going on? Weyward is totally quiet, it's been a while since the last attack." He had lowered his voice a little, you could never be too careful dealing with the EVOs.

"I'm here," Matthew informed his partner as he reached the town, "Search for NPCs and players for information?""Correct." Bri had finished her chocolate and moved onto washing the dishes. "I have a bit more studying to do to see if I can find a pattern that matches this one, I will head over to the Hub when I have time. Let me know if you find anything interesting.""Alright." The swordsman set off towards the tower, it was an obvious central meeting place. There were only a few other characters around. He stopped as a flash of purple caught his eye."Shantae!" He walked over to the half-genie with a smile. She was one of the beta characters he had met a few times, it was nice to see her here. "Do you know what's going on? Weyward is totally quiet, it's been a while since the last attack." He had lowered his voice a little, you could never be too careful dealing with the EVOs.

"Huh?" Shantae turned around to see a blonde haired boy coming towards her. She smiled and waved at him. "Hey Mat!" She greeted. He was one of the few Beta characters she had befriended. It was nice to hang out with at least someone in Final Clash. She shook her head no at Matthew's question. "Nuh-Uh. I just woke up thanks to a certain partner of mine." She said with her hands on her hips. "Sometimes I just wanna hair whip him." She sighed, remembering the sound of Lax's loud snoring. "Anyways, any luck?" She asked.

Ky - Ky sat back and rubbed his eyes. He had been staring at the internet for hours now, trying to gather any information he could on any hub activities. It had been almost two weeks since he had any leads, and his supervisors were getting antsy. Not that they were upset, he produced the best results of anyone in the evo division, but the longer they went without any leads the longer the hubs had to spread and gain influence. He picked up his earpiece and put it in, holding hid finger to it. "Hey sephiroth, have you heard anything recently?"

Sephiroth - suddenly there was a voice in sephiroths ear. It was a familiar one, the voice of his partner. "No, it has been all quiet on this end. No beta activity that i know of." Ever since he had been made a solider of Evo, he has been scouring any level he had access to for information on how to bring down the betas. And he idd it all willingly, becuase he knew ky was the one to do it with.

Ky - He sighed. "Okay sephiroth, thank you." He glanced at his watch. It was time to go home anyway. HE turned off his computer and left, searching for something to eat.

-Leonardo-

Leonardo drank some coffee from his Pokemon themed mug, taking sips here and there as he typed on the computer. There was nothing that could easily be hidden for Leonardo. Well, at least most. The internet was too big to simply look for clues individually and manually, especially of such a secretive manner such as Video Games now days. However then again, Leonardo wasn't normal in terms. He was a genius of his own right, and with the help and very indulging expenses of the government he worked for, he was able to create programs to help him fluently track down multiple streams at once, allowing him to go through each one and separate them from facts and fiction. "AIL, bring up the forum from monitor two on the flat screen." Leonardo asked, the artificial intelligence, doing as asked. He had heard rumors before, of many arcades scattered throughout the nation, trying to keep the whole video game vibe alive. However further investigation showed that there was one nearby that he could check out. Will here. Will there. Written in posts and then quickly erased to avoid being noticed by someone from the outside. Not quick enough. He'd never been to arcade. This should be fun. "AIL, print me out the address and shut down monitors. Continue the search and save any information with the saved keywords." Leonardo asked as he stood up. He quickly got dressed and opened a metal box on his counter top, revealing multiple electronics, including cameras and so on. He picked up a pair of glasses, getting them on. An advanced version of the google glass...or whatever that disaster was. These were way better in lots of ways. They actually looked like regular glasses, but of course, could take pictures and record. If it meant that it would stop the video game contraband, Leo could sweet talk his supervisors into getting him any cool little gadget. "Thank you free stuff from the government~" Leonardo purred, zipping up as he stepped out of his apartment. He had an Arcade to check out.

Edited by Stardustblade358

Matthew nodded sympathetically at the purple haired girls plight. With all the stress recently, they needed all the rest they could get."That's too bad." He couldn't help but smile a bit at her frustrated exclamation."Nothing today. I checked everywhere in Weyward last night, not a blade of grass was out of place. My partner's looking through her records for hints at what's going on." The warrior laughed softly. "I think it's driving her crazy. I guess we just have to keep looking." He scanned the street again. "Have you seen anyone that might be able to help?" Edited by Kingdom Key D

Kline yawned softly as he walked along the street of his neighborhood, deciding to head to Lax to say hello before stopping by at Will's Hub to hang out. Kline absolutely loved hanging out a the Hubs and one day he wished to have one himself.

A few minutes later, Kline arrived at the Hub. He knocked on the door and poked his head in, chuckling as he saw Lax inside.

"Hey Lax." Kline said. "Wanna come to Bayfield's Hub? He should be opening it right now."

Meanwhile, Roxas watched with a steady eye the activities down below. Nearby however, he heard an all to familiar voice. Roxas turned his head to see Tron. A smile formed on his lips.

"Hey, Tron." Roxas said with a chuckle. "How are you? Things are quiet here... Thanks for coming up with that transportation system for our worlds by the way. It's great." Suddenly Roxas's eyes narrowed. Down below he saw none other than Sho Minamimoto. Roxas heard rumors that he was an EVO and the man stunk of it.

"Hold on... I think I got something." Suddenly, he leaped right off of the clock tower, jumping down the different platforms to land right infront of Sho, keyblades bared at him.

"What are you doing here?" Roxas demanded, Oblivion pointed straight at his face.

Cameron shot up, and looked at the clock. 'Ah crap... I'm going to be late I am NEVER late' He quickly got up putting on his suit and tie, grabbing his Synth and running out the door with everything he needs except a bite to eat. Sounding a bit cheerful considering the situation he called out to his partner, "Hey Celes, how is your morning right now?" He asked through heavy breaths. He hears his stomach grumble through the wind resistance, "I am going to grab a bit to eat, I am super hungry." He said aloud, and asked Celes. "What are you eating?"

Grabbing his food, he runs to his parents work which is now his building since he works there as well he takes a deep breath and gets right down to business searching for any activates on the Beta end making loud clicks with his keyboard. "Know anything on the Beta's yet?" Asked Cameron to Celes in a much more serious tone then this morning.

~Terumi~

Terumi was in the 5th Hierarchical City of Ibukido, a floating city from his own world. The city was once in ruins, however in Final Clash the city's reconstruction was completed, and plenty of non-infected NPCs lived there.

Once, the only people who lived here attempted to reconstruct it, but to no avail due to the events of the world. Now it is like any normal, boring city, its residents living a normal life. Soon enough, this city will return to what it was, and what it should be-a city of ruins, filled with people in grief and despair. The same fate that Final Clash will share, along with its Beta Players! But for now, I'll just wait until something happens, where all these infected NPCs are heading to. Anywhere is better than this boring city. Perhaps I'll find an Evo Partner who will shed some light on the government's plan.

Terumi laughed madly as he left his world to the Kingdom Hearts world, specifically twilight town.

~Anton & Soma~

Shortly after Anton entered the hub, he heard a loud yell. It was very loud, so much that even Soma could hear it from the Synth. Anton knew that Lax was the one who yelled, as he recognized the voice.

"What was that?! You are usually not that loud, especially not on mornings."

Anton couldn't help but laugh at the situation. "I am surprised you heard it as well. The person who yelled is one of the other players in this hub. He actually lives here." 

Anton then came to where Lax was, noticing that Kline is with him as well. Anton was yawning a little before talking to them. "Good morning, Lax and Kline. I see you are cheerful as always, Lax. Just be careful to not attract the government when you yell  'good morning hub!' So what are you guys up to?"

While Anton was talking with the other players, Soma noticed Roxas, who Soma knew that he was a Beta Partner, was pointing a key-shaped weapon at someone's face. Soma did not recognize the other person, and did not want to do reckless actions, so he decided to wait and see what happens, Soma was hiding nearby and eavesdropping. Soma did not want to get noticed, so he did not alert Anton about the situation.  

It was an early start to the day, but Sam had already showered, dressed and was now snacking on some toast for a light meal. As a beta player, she needed to make sure that she didn't stand out anytime she left her home. So, she left for school like she would any other day in hopes of making it perfectly on time. Putting a finger to her ear, Sam adjusted her Synth in hopes of getting in contact with her partner.

"Dante, can you hear me? ... Dante?"

No answer. This was typical Dante anyway, so Sam wasn't too worried. Finding a partner can sometimes be difficult and Sam wanted to make sure she could get the strongest partner ever in order to have the highest chances of success. Unfortunately, despite getting a pretty strong guy as a partner, the whole ordeal came with a few unpleasantries. For example, it was rare to get Dante to cooperate effectively unless there was some kind of reward involved and half the time he would just laze around his office sleeping or eating Pizza. But Sam was sure that when the time would come, her partner would be able to save the day. After trying to get in touch with Dante again, Sam sighed to herself and stepped on to a train that would take her close to her school. Finding an empty seat, Sam took a seat and tried searching through message boards to see how the other players were doing. She'd never actually met them face to face, but she knew where to meet up just in case. She just found it too risky to gather all the remaining betas in one place. She whispered to herself as she looked through the message boards about what's going on in Final Clash.

"... Seems like there's a commotion going on... Dante, if you're actually awake, then go and see what's going on. If you do, I'll get you a pizza."

In Twilight Town, in an alleyway that's hidden from plain sight is a small shop called "Devil May Cry". This shop used to be located in a different city, but, like every other games, it became a part of Final Clash. The owner of this shop was a Demon Hunter by the name of Dante, an offspring of a human woman and a demon. Being half demon gave Dante certain... Perks. The white haired man sat in a chair with his feet up on a desk and a gun magazine sprawled across his face. The only thing that could be heard throughout the entire shop was loud snoring as Dante slept awkwardly. However, the half-demon began to stir at the offer of a pizza, his favourite food to eat.

"... Alright... I got it... I'll go check it out."

Dante dumped the magazine on his desk and got to his feet with a stretch. Yawning, the demon hunter armed himself with his signature broadsword, Rebellion, and his iconic dual handguns, Ebony and Ivory. With a flick of his flamboyant red coat, Dante left his shop to see what kind of trouble was brewing in Twilight Town.

Matthew nodded sympathetically at the purple haired girls plight. With all the stress recently, they needed all the rest they could get."That's too bad." He couldn't help but smile a bit at her frustrated exclamation."Nothing today. I checked everywhere in Weyward last night, not a blade of grass was out of place. My partner's looking through her records for hints at what's going on." The warrior laughed softly. "I think it's driving her crazy. I guess we just have to keep looking." He scanned the street again. "Have you seen anyone that might be able to help?"

Shantae shook her head once again. " I just got here. And just woke up." She added in a long groan and slowly laid down on the ground. "I wanna get some sleep..." There was never an easy day for this Half-Genie hero. With having the job of defending the entire game world from walking viruses and being partnered with a loud, happy-go-lucky tech boy, why wouldn't she be tired of it all? But nonetheless, if she didn't do it, it would put a bad mark on her conscience. "I wonder if Roxas and the others are having any luck?" She asked.

Back in the Hub, Lax turned around and smiled to his friends. "Hey Kline! Hey Anton!" He said cheerfully. He nervously laughed at Anton's comment about him being loud. "Sorry, but I can't help it! I just really, really, reeeeeeally like this place, you know? I can't help but be happy for it. Heh heh!" He said happily. His love for gaming couldn't be contained. Not to him at least. "I've got a lot of sweet inventions I wanna show you guys, but let me check out Final Clash first." The hyper boy said. With a few clicks on his laptop, the screen showed the Final Clash world. "Seems like everybody's checking out Twilight Town so far." He commented looking at the screen. Going into Twilight Town, he noticed that something was going on there with many little dots of characters going into one section. "Oh? Something's happening. Boop!" He zoomed in on the section to get a clear picture of what was going on. "Ding! Ding! Ding! We got a person of interest!" Lax exclaimed. "And it looks like he hasn't gotten a good first impression on Roxas."

"I don't know." Mathew replied, looking towards the large tower. "The clock tower is a pretty good spot to meet up, let's head there and see if we can find any one." He hoped that he could find something useful before Bri tore out all her hair.

In her house in the real world Bri sneezed as she flipped back another page. Gosh, this was getting irritating.

Matthew hurried as he walked up the bright colored streets towards the clock tower, pausing as he reached the plaza below it. Well, that was an interesting scene.

"Bri, can you identify a person that Roxas is threatening for me?" The Beta player paused in her reading.

"Give me a description, I'm heading over to the Hub."

"Long brown hair, black clothing and hat, black flame pattern up the left arm, beaded bracelets on the right wrist and a black bandanna." Bri chewed on her pen as she walked, reading her book while somehow still managing to not bump into people.

"Sounds familiar." She turned forward a few weeks. "Sho Minamimoto. Originally an antagonist in The World Ends With You. He's in an entry from a week ago. You're sure Roxas just went for direct confrontation?"

"Yes."

"Better give back up, then."

Matthew wordlessly drew the Sol Blade from his inventory, preparing to attack if things escalated.

-Sho-
Sho reached the clocktower terrace, but was quickly encountered by Roxas. Not only that, there were multiple other people around the terrace. None who were EVO players, however, much to Sho's dismay. Sho chuckled, crossing his arms as he stared at Roxas, glancing him up and down, analyzing all possibilities, calculating a strategy in his mind were things to go array. Though as much as he calculated it usually ended up being an improvisation of the moment and hoping for the best. "If it isn't Roxas! Why the long face? Did I scare you? Well Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally! I didn't mean to agitate any of you yoctograms." Sho hissed, his smile never leaving his face as he walked closer to Roxas, stopping just as the end of Roxas' keyblade was pressing against his chest. "Is it wrong for me to take a walk through the neighborhood? I've heard of this place before and how pretty the sunsets are, so I thought that I could come and see for myself! Though it seems that you and your friends have already infected this place with your presence." Sho cooed. He tilted his head to the side. "What's wrong, fractal? You know how this all works. I have a job to do and so do you and the rest. Though I could make it easier on you if you only told me the name of your human partner and all. That way my partner will be the one to work and I'll simply leave and spread EVO somewhere else!" Sho explained, his sass and cockiness of the situation knowing no bounds. As far as he was concerned, everyone was below him and his partner, and these Beta players were nothing more than a bunch of yoctograms that needed to go FOIL; First, Inner, Outer, Last. "But then again, I'm guessing that you won't be giving that to me so easily, would you? You guys get attached to those humans as if they were important. Would you really let your human counterpart get hurt for the sake of your artificial survival?

---
Math jokes:

• Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally - Mnemonic for the order of operations: Parenthesis; Exponentials; Multiplication; Division; Addition; Subtraction.
  • Yoctograms - Yocto (Metric (SI) prefix that is equivalent to 10-24). Basically calling them insignificant.
  • FOIL; First, Outer, Inner, Last - Acronym for expanding quadradic equations in their factorized form: (x+a)(x+b)
  • Fractal - Geometric figure that is made up of smaller versions of itself.

Kline yawned softly as he walked along the street of his neighborhood, deciding to head to Lax to say hello before stopping by at Will's Hub to hang out. Kline absolutely loved hanging out a the Hubs and one day he wished to have one himself.A few minutes later, Kline arrived at the Hub. He knocked on the door and poked his head in, chuckling as he saw Lax inside."Hey Lax." Kline said. "Wanna come to Bayfield's Hub? He should be opening it right now."Meanwhile, Roxas watched with a steady eye the activities down below. Nearby however, he heard an all to familiar voice. Roxas turned his head to see Tron. A smile formed on his lips."Hey, Tron." Roxas said with a chuckle. "How are you? Things are quiet here... Thanks for coming up with that transportation system for our worlds by the way. It's great." Suddenly Roxas's eyes narrowed. Down below he saw none other than Sho Minamimoto. Roxas heard rumors that he was an EVO and the man stunk of it."Hold on... I think I got something." Suddenly, he leaped right off of the clock tower, jumping down the different platforms to land right infront of Sho, keyblades bared at him."What are you doing here?" Roxas demanded, Oblivion pointed straight at his face.

(LOL, does everyone live in Colorado?)Tron looked down where Roxas had jumped. Typical of the boy, but Roxas' judgement was hardly ever wrong.Tron leaned down and squinted, "Looks like we've got something."Will had just brought his dishes upstairs and put them away in the dishwasher, "Who do we got?"Tron paused, analyzing the figure, "Looks like Sho.""The guy from The World Ends With You?""Affirmative."Will rushed down the stairs back to his desk, "Any confrontation yet? Who else is in the area?"Tron glanced around the area below him, a plaza outside of the train station he now stood on, "I've got reads on a few other Betas in the area, but I haven't seen them yet."Will, instead of going to his desk and checking his archives, opted instead to go towards the cellar door, "Keep an eye on the situation. If Roxas has it under control, do not engage."

"Affirmative," was Tron's response. His arm went for his identity disc, but he did not remove it from his back. He was given his orders, and he would obey them.Will opened up the cellar doors and saw the group of kids already outside."Welcome to the study group, guys!" Will greeted the kids, using his new code-word. Having a Hub gave Will a target on his back and Will was always coming up with new phrases and codes to make sure no one was there to report him. "I see we've all brought our copies of 'Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead', along. Let's get to it!"As the kids entered, Will made sure to check that each kid had their copy of the book. It payed to have a system of checks and balances.Will looked from side to side before following the initial run of kids into the cellar. Even with his codes, Will knew all too well that someone could be watching and listening.(Yes, Will has his codes for getting into his Hub!)

-Leonardo-

Leonardo watched from afar from his bike. The kids entered, all holding their copies of their own book, which Leonardo could not distinguish from a distance. The man welcomed them to a study time as the children walked down. "Well, they're pretty smart in keeping cover. If there is anything to keep cover at all." Leonardo murmured as he rubbed his eyes gently. Leonardo and his fellow EVO players ended up following leads constantly. Some, very few, were legitimate, but so many, which were the majority, were false leads. It either leaded them to liars who just wanted attention or confusion between what was a legitimate video game threat and not. "Well at least it's a challenge." Leonardo sighed, resting against his bicycle. "It wouldn't be fun if it were easy." Leonardo admitted. He could care less how much his superiors irritated him. As long as he got paid and he could live easy by doing a job that not many others could do. Then again, it was fun to try and see how far he could manipulate people. Trick them into seeing something that wasn't there. It was like hacking but in real life, and it was very fun to the usually bored Leonardo. "I don't think I can get in directly." Leonardo figured as he parked his bike and kicked it into the nearest bush, watching it seemingly disappear among the leaves. Looking to make sure no one watched him, he proceeded to do what he could. He gritted his teeth and slammed his knee against the pavement, harshly pushing his skin against it until the scratch was form and blood began to spill out from the meaningless injury. He smudged a bit of dirt on his cheeks, making sure it wasn't too much or too little. He did the same for his clothing, until he felt that he looked perfectly 'roughened up'. Maybe he could say some bullies got him on the way. He proceeded to carefully sneak around the exteriors of the house, mostly focusing to see if there was any windows to the basement, maybe allowing him to see something.

-Kline-

Kline chuckled as he heard Anton enter the Hub. He looked back to the newcomer, waving.

"Hey." Kline said with a small smile. "How's it going?" Lax began to going on and on about inventions as usual, so when he took out his laptop it wasn't very shocking. When Lax told about Roxas however, Kline raised his eyebrows.

"What about Roxas?" Kline asked, going to look at the computer screen.

"Roxas, what's going on?" Kline asked.

-Roxas-

Roxas meanwhile, was visibly agitated at Sho's nerve. The boy didn't have a very good temper, so seeing Sho act daring really grinded his gears.

"You know why I'm here." He uttered, eyes darkening. "And I would never tell you who my Player is. I don't need to. I can throw you out of here on my own. Now I'm going to ask this nicely; get out. I'm not going to let you infect Twilight Town or any other world for that matter." He was going to continue, but suddenly he heard the voice of Kline in his ear.

"I'm busy..." Roxas whispered sharply, trying his best to not get distracted.

Kline kept looking on the screen. "There might be another Evo in the area."

~Anton & Soma~

Anton laughed a bit, after hearing Lax's answer to the joke. "Well, I can't blame you there. This is a nice place after all"

He then changed his attention to Kline: "I am good, thank you..." Anton changed his voice a little, then continued the sentence: "...aside from the fact that a certain someone woke me up early. " Anton expected a response from Soma, but got nothing, as Soma eavesdropped the conversation between Sho and Roxas and didn't want to get caught. "Soma, are you there? " When Lax booted the computer, Anton looked at the computer screen and noticed that Soma was eavesdropping. After Sho revealed that he is indeed an Evo, Soma spoke with his player: "Yeah, I was silent because there's an Evo here. I wanted to be sure he is an Evo before acting, so I eavesdropped the conversation of him with Roxas." He then came towards Sho as he drew Claimh Solais, Soma's greatsword. Preferring to avoid unnecessary conflict, Soma attempted to persuade him to do as Roxas says: "You are outnumbered...give up and leave." 

Anton heard Kline talked about another Evo, and he recognized who it was, talking to both his friends and his Beta Partner "Soma, there is another Evo in your area. That's Yüki Terumi, from the fighting game series BlazBlue. He is cunning and will use any method to achieve his goals."

~Terumi~

Terumi, upon entering Twilight Town,  noticed a boy wearing a black coat who wielded a  a key-shaped weapon, threatening Sho Minamimoto, a character that Terumi knew was an Evo partner.
He decided to do nothing about the situation, not interfering. Instead Terumi just watched, wondering about the result and Sho's abilities, as it was quite clear that it will become a battle, as another Beta Partner joined as well. The only case that Terumi would have to help is If Sho ends up losing, his life being at risk, since Terumi could work together with him. This was one of the benefits of not having an Evo Player, since if he did have a player, Terumi would have been forced to help Sho. 
Of course, Terumi noticed that there were other Beta Partners in the area, so he put his hands in his pockets, where his knives are located, in the case that the Beta Partners noticed him and get in his way, he would be prepared to deal with them.
Edited by Shun Kurosaki