Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

0.2 looks good and all but look at that 3DHD! xD We get an extra command slot that we can see, like in BBS, the map's in the corner like in almost every KH game, it looks like reality shifts for Le Cite automatically does the lining (and is probably automatic for any touch focused attacks i.e Code Break, Mirage Split/Nightmare's End, etc.) and the text for the reality shift appears above the command deck. and i don't know what it shows at 7:43

0.2 looks good and all but look at that 3DHD! xD We get an extra command slot that we can see, like in BBS, the map's in the corner like in almost every KH game, it looks like reality shifts for Le Cite automatically does the lining (and is probably automatic for any touch focused attacks i.e Code Break, Mirage Split/Nightmare's End, etc.) and the text for the reality shift appears above the command deck. and i don't know what it shows at 7:43

Also I have conformation that it runs at 60 fps! Plus, there is a new Dream eater and it looks like they will add more platforms and fixtures.

There's probably a topic out there already about this, but I'm making it anyway, seeing as how a bunch of new gameplay from the demo is popping out.

Personally I think it looks pretty good. In terms of graphics and visuals, it's incredible; that's a given. I see some neat gameplay footage in a lot of them; Magic looks really useful, and your combos look pretty intricate for the most part. It seems magic combos are returning from KH2, so that's a very good sign. Personally don't have much opinion on shotlocks/command styles, but it seems like you have the option to go into Spellweaver or not, so if that's true, it's a definite upgrade from BBS where you were forced into command styles.

The combos still have that awkward, slow, floaty vibe that BBS and DDD gave off; that being said, it's still many times better. The hits seem to have hit stun to them, which means that enemies will actually be stunned by your attacks unlike DDD, where they just sorta sit there and eat damage. So I wouldn't say they've reached KH2 level of combos yet, but they're getting there. Of course, it shouldn't be the same as KH2; I want every Kingdom Hearts game to be different and unique in their own way.

So yeah, BBS 0.2 gameplay seems alright so far and sets a standard for what we'll see for KH3. I'm really hoping Osaka team prioritizes on some major gameplay elements that they've messed up in their games, most importantly being balancing and AI. It would be a shame if KH3/0.2 can easily be beat by spamming, say, shotlocks. Really lowers the gameplay experience to many players, and we definitely wouldn't want that for the most anticipated game in the KH series.

It really seems like a neat blend of KH2 and BBS which I'm completely fine with, as long as they can fix the flaws they've made in BBS and emphasize more on the best parts of KH2 combat. Because I'm sort of a pessimist, I'm not gonna keep my hopes up. I saw some good things, and I also saw some potentially bad signs. I think we'll need a bit more gameplay to determine how "good" KH3/0.2 will be. I've seen comments, tweets, everything, that said KH3 is going to be amazing, and I think that's a bit preemptive and too quick to judge. We just can't tell yet, given what we have right now.

Let me know your guys' opinions, I'm quite curious :)

Also, Aqua runs SO FAST. Is that just a demo thing?

Edited by grandlemur

It looks pretty good. Surprised it doesn't run at 60fps and 3D does. Also the Master Keeper's model is too big in my opinion, and Terra's model is just... Ugh. They need to clean his model up majorly.

There's probably a topic out there already about this, but I'm making it anyway, seeing as how a bunch of new gameplay from the demo is popping out.

Personally I think it looks pretty good. In terms of graphics and visuals, it's incredible; that's a given. I see some neat gameplay footage in a lot of them; Magic looks really useful, and your combos look pretty intricate for the most part. It seems magic combos are returning from KH2, so that's a very good sign. Personally don't have much opinion on shotlocks/command styles, but it seems like you have the option to go into Spellweaver or not, so if that's true, it's a definite upgrade from BBS where you were forced into command styles.

The combos still have that awkward, slow, floaty vibe that BBS and DDD gave off; that being said, it's still many times better. The hits seem to have hit stun to them, which means that enemies will actually be stunned by your attacks unlike DDD, where they just sorta sit there and eat damage. So I wouldn't say they've reached KH2 level of combos yet, but they're getting there. Of course, it shouldn't be the same as KH2; I want every Kingdom Hearts game to be different and unique in their own way.

So yeah, BBS 0.2 gameplay seems alright so far and sets a standard for what we'll see for KH3. I'm really hoping Osaka team prioritizes on some major gameplay elements that they've messed up in their games, most importantly being balancing and AI. It would be a shame if KH3/0.2 can easily be beat by spamming, say, shotlocks. Really lowers the gameplay experience to many players, and we definitely wouldn't want that for the most anticipated game in the KH series.

It really seems like a neat blend of KH2 and BBS which I'm completely fine with, as long as they can fix the flaws they've made in BBS and emphasize more on the best parts of KH2 combat. Because I'm sort of a pessimist, I'm not gonna keep my hopes up. I saw some good things, and I also saw some potentially bad signs. I think we'll need a bit more gameplay to determine how "good" KH3/0.2 will be. I've seen comments, tweets, everything, that said KH3 is going to be amazing, and I think that's a bit preemptive and too quick to judge. We just can't tell yet, given what we have right now.

Let me know your guys' opinions, I'm quite curious :)

Also, Aqua runs SO FAST. Is that just a demo thing?

i can agree on pretty much everything.

eventhough its combos are still a little bit to slow and floaty for my taste they at least look smooth and everything transitions in eachother without major interruptions.

also its probably due to aquas fighting style that she is on the slower side. in KH3 iam pretty sure we will have some kind of combo+ or combo modifiers too.