Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Moochieh32

Resident Evil 7 : Closer Look (Demo Teaser Spoilers)

As most of you who watched the whole Sony event know, an announcement for Resident Evil 7 was made, showing off an eerie and disturbing trailer followed by an announcement of a free demo for Playstation only, to those with PS+, and a release date set for January 24th 2017.

While many were shocked to see the series return to it's long lost genre, most are concerned about how the new Resident Evil was being played out.

With no returning characters, items (herbs), enemies, fixed camera angles or even areas, people were starting to worry this is just a way to produce PT in a way where it wasn't exactly PT after the last year cancellation of PT.

However, after looking carefully into details, I'm beginning to see clearly on how Resident Evil 7 might be brought out...

Ok, so this whole trailer, including the events inside tonight's eerie demo, seems to all take place during Lisa Trevor's origins, who first appeared in the Resident Evil 1 Remake. Strong hints as to how this could be, include: the very first words in the "Desolation" trailer, "She's back", finding a photograph of an Umbrella helicopter with writing on the back, saying "They're watching me from above", and a insane female killing your partner in the end of the teaser demo who sounds and has the feels of Lisa Trevor.

This being just a piece of something much bigger, the rest of the game might include few, or more well known characters from the series coming into the area where Lisa's origins live, years after the incident in the teaser we have now. With Capcom getting some negative feedback on the fact the whole RE possibly being FPS, this also could be where they reintroduce the fixed camera angles from the earlier games in the franchise, making it possible for the whole game to be played in 2 previously known camera styles (fixed, third person), while including a new one which is the first person view, giving fans exactly what they want.

Edited by Moochieh32

Well,

I'm not really worried about the story itself.

What worries me is that what I saw seems too "supernaturally Outlast''. What we will face? Demons? Ghosts? That's the impression the videos gave me. RE have always been about bioterrorism. I hope they don't move away from this because we already have Outlast 2 with a similar premise and scenario. The camera isn't what I was expecting and I confess that I don't know what to think about it. But in my humble opinion it doesn't fit with the series. 

Think I gotta wait for more info and details.

The trailer seemed happy enough to blast eerie music and some jumpscares, but gave off really bad P.T. vibes. Being a VR game is going to hinder it already, as most people can't afford the set up yet.

I can't comment on it being faithful to the series as a whole, as I've only played a handful of the games, but it looks like an excuse to try the P.T idea again with the second highest grossing horror series, and the VR bit will isolate the average player from it. 

Just my opinion, but feel free to ignore it. I didn't comment to start anything, just putting my thoughts on it out there.