Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Exiblade7

Should we expect KH3 to be at e3 this year?

do you think that we should expect KH3 be at the event? Honestly, one side of me says that we should and the other side says that we shouldn't. 

Here are my reasons:

Reason why we should expect KH3 to be at e3:

* it's been about a year since kh3 was shown at e3 2015 therefore they could show what new features and what they've changed in the game at this point to give the fans a better idea on how kh3 is going to be when it releases someday

* they could be able to grab other people's interests by showing a trailer of the game 

* be able to hype up the fans more

* KH3 has the possibility to release next year 

Reasons not to expect KH3 at e3:

* KH2.8 is releasing this year

* kh games that have been released previously show a pattern that if a game that's not kh3 comes out on that year, SE tends to focus more on that title than KH3 itself

Edited by Zeldablade7

I would not expect it to be there. SQEX has been known for unpredictability, especially with their major titles. I would hope KH3 would show up, but not expect it to. There is more likelihood that HD2.8 shows up than KH3 since this is the year of HD2.8'a release and next year is most likely the year of KH3's release.

It would be nice to see a trailer for KHIII, but I think that 2.8 will have a much better chance. Since right now Square-Enix has stated that 2.8 will be released later this year, then we should have the release date along with a new trailer for 2.8. (Please just show us more of Aqua, PLEASE?)

But I would also like an update on how KHIII is progressing. With FFXV about ready to be released in September, production should be on the increase because of more developers are available and trained to develop using the Unreal Engine 4. But if Square-Enix could, maybe show some gameplay from San Fransokyo and maybe include some more of flow motion. 

I'm hoping that we get something on Kingdom Hearts III at this year's E3!  While the main focus of this year's E3 will probably be 2.8, I'm still holding out hope that we'll get at least one trailer for Kingdom Hearts III!  I don't care how long or short the video is, as long as it shows us something, I'm happy!  And if there were to be no trailers at all, I'd at least like for some interviews with Nomura about the game's progress and some snapshots of the game, ya know?

But yeah, hopefully we'll be pleasantly surprised in terms of Kingdom Hearts III! :D

No point in being pessimistic or overly optimistic until we get concrete evidence from Square or reflect on the event afterwards. I am leaning towards something appearing due to the fact that KH3 in some capacity had appeared at the last 3 E3s ( 2013- announcent trailer; 2014- teaser trailer; 2015- trailer plus info) so I do having a feeling in some capacity it will appear.

I do think 2.8 will be the focus; however similiar to Jump Festa and TGS; I would suspect we'll get around a minute of KH3 again ( game play or a random snippet of a conversation.)

Just because Square doesn't have an event like last year; there is no need for pessimism at all. You'd like to think they have footage to show; and due to the interest would show something. Even if it's a world conformation; anything is better than nothing and seeing as Square do recognise the interest it would be less hassle to show something than nothing and have to do with salty fans.

Patience friends and we shall see!

No point in being pessimistic or overly optimistic until we get concrete evidence from Square or reflect on the event afterwards. I am leaning towards something appearing due to the fact that KH3 in some capacity had appeared at the last 3 E3s ( 2013- announcent trailer; 2014- teaser trailer; 2015- trailer plus info) so I do having a feeling in some capacity it will appear.I do think 2.8 will be the focus; however similiar to Jump Festa and TGS; I would suspect we'll get around a minute of KH3 again ( game play or a random snippet of a conversation.)Just because Square doesn't have an event like last year; there is no need for pessimism at all. You'd like to think they have footage to show; and due to the interest would show something. Even if it's a world conformation; anything is better than nothing and seeing as Square do recognise the interest it would be less hassle to show something than nothing and have to do with salty fans.Patience friends and we shall see!

I don't plan on getting salty over kh3 possibly not being at e3. I learned how to not have my hopes so high up the hard way and I agree with everything you said. 

I don't plan on getting salty over kh3 possibly not being at e3. I learned how to not have my hopes so high up the hard way and I agree with everything you said.

I agree; I would be disappointed; but this comes with the contract of being a KH fan. I was more referring to the backlash after the D23 event where a lot of information was secret and seeing as that event was hyped up from the get go. However; I'd like to hope that won't happen again; and if it does I'd like to hope Square wouldn't have a patronising ( can't think of a kind word here; so fill the blank) essentially sneer at people's hopes.

It will, there's too much investment with the project right now not for it to continue momentum. It's been exactly a year since the last "major reveal trailer". Square Enix needs to reinforce Kingdom Hearts III as a tangible game for consumers, it will be at E3.

Yeah, I think we'll most likely get a little bit of KH3 footage and even maybe a new world announcement. I doubt we'll get too much though, so don't get your hopes up. The main focus will most definitely be on 2.8 this time around.