Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

So, ever since I heard about Kingdom Hearts, I've wanted to have my favorite movie of all time be in the game. I've been wanting to see a world based on the Toy Story franchise, but a few things have occured to me.

• The logic of the Toy Story movies (going into toy-mode when humans are around, mainly) restricts things you can do with the story (no Claw Machine boss fight, you can't really do anything when humans are around).
  • The movies have locations a bit too big for their own britches. Even the first movie has no less than six main locations (Andy's house, the Gas Station, Pizza Planet, Sid's House, the streets where the chase takes place and Andy's new house), so you'd have to figure out how to get to each place outside of the world's story.
  • Doing just one Toy Story movie loses out on the rest of the series. Doing the first Toy Story movie as the world in a KH game means you lose characters like Jessie, Bullseye, Lotso, Bonnie, Reptilius, etc. You also lose the possibility of venturing into the world of Buzz Lightyear of Star Command.
  • Doing the movies means that the villains of each movie (Sid, the Prospector, Zurg and Lotso) can't really be part of the Disney Villain gatherings.

So here's my idea.

Don't base it off the movies.

Base it off Disney Infinity's Toy Story in Space playset and the playtime fantasy of Toy Story 3.

The world would be two parts: the western town (Woody's Roundup) and the space portion (Toy Story in Space/Buzz Lightyear of Star Command). The western portion focuses on the characters and toys from Andy's room and Bonnie's room, while the Buzz side can have a lot more leg room with the side characters (include the characters from Buzz Lightyear of Star Command and Toy Story That Time Forgot or even the mutant toys as weird amalgam experiments).

The only characters you really lose are the human characters (which isn't really a loss, considering we watch Toy Story for the toy characters).

What do you think?

Edited by Rey Starkiller

I'm not sure what you're worried about. Toy Story is fine the way it is, and would make a perfect world.

Point 1

Just don't have the humans be in the locations. As we've seen in past games, KH isn't afraid to take a populated moment of a movie and make it bare. Those are all great locations you mentioned, and it would be a waste to avoid them. Nomura would make it work.

Point 2

Looking at past games, distance isn't a problem. Look at all the ground you cover in places like the Land of Dragons, Port Royal, and the Pride Lands. Any beyond Andy and Sid's homes, they can just sneak under a traveling car and hop off.

Point 3

Kingdom Hearts's Atlantica didn't have Prince Eric, Kingdom Hearts II's Port Royal didn't have Davy Jones, and Birth by Sleep's Deep Space didn't have Lilo. The KH series isn't afraid to bring back movies to cover the story. If Toy Story is in KH3, then it'll probably just focus on the first movie's story, and we won't have Jessie and the others you mentioned. But they could still show up in KH4 or another game. No need to do everything all at once.

Point 4

The villain thing isn't a problem either. Scar, Barbossa, Shan yu, and many other weren't a part of the Disney Villain meet-up, and that's fine. They're still badass.

Part of the charm of the Toy story movies is the relationship between toys and their owners. Going with the Disney Infinity idea takes that away, and the characters really become something they're not.

I'm not sure what you're worried about. Toy Story is fine the way it is, and would make a perfect world.

Point 1

Just don't have the humans be in the locations. As we've seen in past games, KH isn't afraid to take a populated moment of a movie and make it bare. Those are all great locations you mentioned, and it would be a waste to avoid them. Nomura would make it work.

Point 2

Looking at past games, distance isn't a problem. Look at all the ground you cover in places like the Land of Dragons, Port Royal, and the Pride Lands. Any beyond Andy and Sid's homes, they can just sneak under a traveling car and hop off.

Point 3

Kingdom Hearts's Atlantica didn't have Prince Eric, Kingdom Hearts II's Port Royal didn't have Davy Jones, and Birth by Sleep's Deep Space didn't have Lilo. The KH series isn't afraid to bring back movies to cover the story. If Toy Story is in KH3, then it'll probably just focus on the first movie's story, and we won't have Jessie and the others you mentioned. But they could still show up in KH4 or another game. No need to do everything all at once.

Point 4

The villain thing isn't a problem either. Scar, Barbossa, Shan yu, and many other weren't a part of the Disney Villain meet-up, and that's fine. They're still badass.

Part of the charm of the Toy story movies is the relationship between toys and their owners. Going with the Disney Infinity idea takes that away, and the characters really become something they're not.

1) You contradicted Point 1 at the very end. Not have humans but insist that having them makes the story better.

2) Kingdom Hearts II didn't need Davy Jones because it wasn't telling that story (that movie also came out the same year as KH2, so it wouldn't have worked anyway.)

How about if they do what they are doing with Big Hero 6 and have a world unique plot? Personally, I wouldn't have an issue with having a Tiy Story 2 world as I could easily see the story of helping the toys rescue woody being implemented. There would be no need for Stinky Pete to be in the council of Villains due to the fact the darkness would attract the heartless; similiar to Clayton in KH1.

Also from a marketing sense; implementing a TS2 world would make the most sense as it would more than likely attract fans of that property or those who enjoyed the movie casually to play. After all; Al's Toy Barn; the Airport are memorable scenes to people and would be fun to play in. At the end of the day; companies go where the money is and it wouldn't make sense to turn down an economic success for a more unknown property in that series.

1) You contradicted Point 1 at the very end. Not have humans but insist that having them makes the story better.2) Kingdom Hearts II didn't need Davy Jones because it wasn't telling that story (that movie also came out the same year as KH2, so it wouldn't have worked anyway.)

1) I meant they shouldn't have humans around while the player is in control. Andy and others should of course definitely appear during cutscenes.

2)Fine, but my point still stands. They don't need Jessie or others that debut in Toy Story 2 or 3. The first film obviously didn't need them, so KH3 should just focus on Toy Story 1's plot.