Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

On a distant planet, there's a race of aliens called Akians. The Akians live just like we do, with advanced societies and technology. They are the same as us biologically as well, physically their race and ours are identical. The only difference is that they are able to command one of four elements, Earth, Wind, Fire, Water. The elements form bands, or collections of akians with the same elements.  The Akians have lived in parallel to the people of earth for as long as the universe has been.

Due to the akians natual farming skills,  Akia has always been a planet rich with resources. Many races have sent delegates to the Akians looking to negotiate a deal for resources, and some have been successful, but one race, the Targans, did not negotiate. The Targans are a race of human-like bipedal mantis creatures. They are an incredibly militaristic race, and came to Akia looking to take the Akians resources by force. Ultimately, the Akains were able to repel the Targans, but not without loosing good men and women. The leaders of the government called in their best aquatic and earthen tacticians and began developing strategies for the inevitable return of the Targans, and by the time the Targans returned, the Akians were prepared. They fought on a level the Targans were not prepared for, and this time it was the Akians that took the victory. But the Targans did not give up, and thus war has been raging for almost twenty five years.

About three years after the first invasions of the Targans, the Akians decided to send some young to a distant planet to be safe from the war. They decided to send children too young to fully understand the full capabilities of their race so that they would not expose themselves before the time came. They decided to send them to a planet that had not yet learned of the existence of other races, a planet called Earth. The children were gathered up during a lull in the fighting, and put on ships to earth.These children were delivered to an Akian scholar studying on earth at the time, who was chosen to watch the children until they returned to their home. His name was Damian, and he took the children to various orphanages. This was almost twenty years ago, and these children are just beginning to come of age.

Bands -

Earth: Those who command the earth are apart of the Earthen band, and they have long been the most aggressive faction. The earthen band makes up a large part of the military force on Akia.The earthen men and women who dont join the military are the smiths and armor crafters of the planet.

Water: Thsoe with dominion of the water are the Aquatic band. They tend to be the intellectuals of Akia, many scholars are Aquatic, as well as governmental figures and teachers.

Flames: The Band of Flames are the artisans of the planet, crafting the finest luxury items on all of Akia. The flames are also the chefs of the planet, some claim is due to the fact that in early times they could light the fires easier than the other factions.

Winds: The band of Wind is the least homogenized. No one knows why this is the case. Winds do tend to work in very front -facing positions, like doctors and entertainers. They also often work along side the flames as artisans, and so some other factions think the Winds all desire public approval, and the flames think the winds have a secret plan to undermine them, but no one has come up with a good reason as to why the band of Winds are the way they are.

Name:

Band:

Appearance:

Age(18-22 plz):

Bio:

Personality:

- Rules -

Standard stuff. Nothing extremely vulgar, light swearing acceptable but heavy profanity is not, don't mess with other people's characters, and so on. You can read the official rules thread for more details, but you can always message me to ask about something specific.

Have fun!~

Example sheet

Name: Damian seken

Band: The aquatic band

Appearance: Tall and stocky build, with a messy pile of brown hair on his head. Blue eyes, typical of the aquatic band. (pictures are good, but i couldnt find one i liked for him)

Bio: Damian has always been a kind and compassionate person, albeit quite timid. Throughout school he was a shy kid, preferring books to his peers, and by the time he had finished the Akian education process he stood amongst the other great akain intellectuals. He was the leader in interpersonal relations on Akia, and server as the governmental mediator 2 years after his graduation. In his mid-twenties, he decided to give up his prestigious position within the government and go learn about the people of earth. The idea of being unnoticed appealed to him as he was used to it from his childhood, and he loved to learn, so he decided living on earth to learn about them was a perfect fit. He had been on earth for almost ten years when the Targans invaded his home planet. He wanted to return home, but he feared he wouldn't be of any use. Sure, he knew Tai Chi, but he was no fighter. He remained on earth, but kept up to date with the war through his friends back home. When the Akian government were deciding where to send the young ones, Damian felt he could finally be of use. He notified the government that the people of earth knew nothing of the existence of ‘aliens’ (the Akains do not have this term), and that the kids could blend in here. In addition, provided they did not send too many young ones, which they assured him they would not, he could get them to care facilities not to far from him, and he could watch over them. The government contacted those who were apart of it while he was a mediary, and they assured the leaders that Damian was trustworthy and capable, and so they assigned Damian the task of looking after the kids on earth. Once they arrived, he took them to different orphanages all around the large city where he lived, and waited. Sooner or later they were all adopted by some miracle, and monitored them from a distance until they came of age.

Tl;Dr: Damian is an Aquatic scholar who was living on earth during the first invasion, and therefore became the kids’ guardian.

Edited by TheGuide

Count me in!

Name: Vera Rorona

Band: Wind

Appearance:

Posted Image

Age(18-22 plz): 21

Bio: From a young age Vera had an interest in medicine.  She used to frequently play doctor, and try to make her own medications using herbs and concoctions.  Her foster parents recognized her dedication and talent and enrolled her into a medical school, where she studies medicine, the body, and has a particular interest in homeopathic medication.  Vera has always sought approval from others, always feeling that others frown upon her or think her unworthy of even being in a medical school.  She has always felt different and rather out of place, though she has never known why nor have her foster parents ever elaborated.  While Vera prefers seclusion and had no friends growing up, when she was sixteen years old her parents delivered the news that she would be an older sister.  At first she opposed the idea, having been an only child for so long, but upon meeting her baby sister she felt nothing was as important as her.  Even though they are nothing alike and are so far apart in age, the two are incredibly close and Vera would do anything for her.

Personality: Vera is a unique individual, preferring solitude and creativity over socialization and fun.  She is very caring about others, however, and will do everything in her power to aid those who are injured.  While her voice is soft she is unafraid to speak her mind, often getting her opinion out there even when it isn't desired.

Count me in!

Name: Vera Rorona

Band: Wind

Appearance: (working on a drawing now)

Age(18-22 plz): 21

Bio: From a young age Vera had an interest in medicine.  She used to frequently play doctor, and try to make her own medications using herbs and concoctions.  Her foster parents recognized her dedication and talent and enrolled her into a medical school, where she studies medicine, the body, and has a particular interest in homeopathic medication.  Vera has always sought approval from others, always feeling that others frown upon her or think her unworthy of even being in a medical school.  She has always felt different and rather out of place, though she has never known why nor have her foster parents ever elaborated.  While Vera prefers seclusion and had no friends growing up, when she was sixteen years old her parents delivered the news that she would be an older sister.  At first she opposed the idea, having been an only child for so long, but upon meeting her baby sister she felt nothing was as important as her.  Even though they are nothing alike and are so far apart in age, the two are incredibly close and Vera would do anything for her.

Personality: Vera is a unique individual, preferring solitude and creativity over socialization and fun.  She is very caring about others, however, and will do everything in her power to aid those who are injured.  While her voice is soft she is unafraid to speak her mind, often getting her opinion out there even when it isn't desired.

I like it. Accepted!~

Awesome!  Out of curiosity, is there a character limit?  I was thinking about creating another character as well, depending on how many people join this and if we're falling short.

I look forward to seeing Aqua's character(s)! *hint nudge hint* :P

you could do two if you wanted, thats fine. 

Awesome!  Out of curiosity, is there a character limit?  I was thinking about creating another character as well, depending on how many people join this and if we're falling short.

I'm game!  I love elemental control and I love inherent personalities and traits, so this is of considerable interest to me.  Here goes with an earth-type character.

User Name:  Vaude

Character Name:  Osric Relic

Band:  Earth

Appearance:  Burly, green-eyed, golden-haired, tall, and more intimidating than he actually is, Osric is strong of character, mind, and body, and carries himself similarly.  Being a second-generation candidate of ownership of Relic and Son's Metalworking, he mainly wears flame-retardant (FR) clothing which is hardy but a little uncomfortable, and has a no-nonsense look to match his foster father, Thomas Relic.

Age(18-22 plz):  20.

Bio:  Osric has little remembrance of his early childhood, having grown up in a boy's orphanage until the age of six with no name except for Kid.  When his foster parents arrived, they interviewed five children and he was deemed the right candidate for adoption.  His adoptive father insisted that Osric be his name, being a Shakespearean fan, and much to his adoptive mother and his own distaste for the name it stuck.  Building and planning came hand-in-hand with this child, and after a great many C's in school Osric made his way into his father's metalworking business.  He has a younger, again adoptive sister of thirteen, but both children share the same amount of parental love, and the siblings have a connection few that match their age gap ever have.

Personality:  As previously mentioned, Osric retains a stronger mindset than most, one some may wrongfully consider brusque and bullheaded.  He is not afraid of speaking his mind and has a knack for machines and how physical things work, but has not even the most basic knowledge of psychology beyond social interactions.  He can be kindly, especially to women and family, being oriented that way, but rarely if ever is he a gentleman.

*nudges Aqua*.

I'm game!  I love elemental control and I love inherent personalities and traits, so this is of considerable interest to me.  Here goes with an earth-type character.

User Name:  Vaude

Character Name:  Osric Relic

Band:  Earth

Appearance:  Burly, green-eyed, golden-haired, tall, and more intimidating than he actually is, Osric is strong of character, mind, and body, and carries himself similarly.  Being a second-generation candidate of ownership of Relic and Son's Metalworking, he mainly wears flame-retardant (FR) clothing which is hardy but a little uncomfortable, and has a no-nonsense look to match his foster father, Thomas Relic.

Age(18-22 plz):  20.

Bio:  Osric has little remembrance of his early childhood, having grown up in a boy's orphanage until the age of six with no name except for Kid.  When his foster parents arrived, they interviewed five children and he was deemed the right candidate for adoption.  His adoptive father insisted that Osric be his name, being a Shakespearean fan, and much to his adoptive mother and his own distaste for the name it stuck.  Building and planning came hand-in-hand with this child, and after a great many C's in school Osric made his way into his father's metalworking business.  He has a younger, again adoptive sister of thirteen, but both children share the same amount of parental love, and the siblings have a connection few that match their age gap ever have.

Personality:  As previously mentioned, Osric retains a stronger mindset than most, one some may wrongfully consider brusque and bullheaded.  He is not afraid of speaking his mind and has a knack for machines and how physical things work, but has not even the most basic knowledge of psychology beyond social interactions.  He can be kindly, especially to women and family, being oriented that way, but rarely if ever is he a gentleman.

*nudges Aqua*.

glad you like it!  and i really like your sheet. very cool. accepted :)

and to actually answer the question, i never thought to impose a character limit, but two would probably be it. i mean, im gonna post a sheet for my own kid, plus im gonna do Damian, but im only doing two as well.

Edited by TheGuide

Ahh! Sorry I haven't worked in my sheet yet. I was actually waiting for other sheets to get some ideas. I'll work on it right away!

hey no worries

glad you like it!  and i really like your sheet. very cool. accepted :)

and to actually answer the question, i never thought to impose a character limit, but two would probably be it. i mean, im gonna post a sheet for my own kid, plus im gonna do Damian, but im only doing two as well.

Sounds good.  I probably wasn't going to do more than two characters anyway, and I'm still on the fence on whether I should create my second.  It's a tough choice. : P

HERE I COME GUYS

Name: Kai Monroe

Band: Water

Appearance: Posted Image

Age(18-22 plz): 18

Bio: Kai was adopted when he was only five years old to loving parents. The mother couldn't bare children and the couple were both older than normal parents. Kai's mother and father raised him to the best of their abilities, sending him to the best schools they could possibly find. Kai's mother was a teacher at a school for deaf children while Kai's father was a dentist. All seemed great for the boy. Despite this however, Kai was an outcast. He had trouble fitting in during school with his only friends who weren't socially accepted as well. His grades were perfect, however as Kai grew older he was forced into high expectations of others due to his parent's work. After learning of his adoption when he was thirteen, things went downhill for Kai. He felt extremely alone, detaching himself from his parents. He started to get into trouble during school. Kai lost all confidence within himself as he doubted his abilities and skills. He willingly let his grades plummet and finally after he finished high school (his mother was able to convince him to finish) he left home as he struggled to find himself. Currently Kai is homeless, living around in shelters and loitering around. His parents are worried sick about him, especially his mother.

Personality: Kai was a very happy child. He was extremely bright during his early years in school. Once upon a time he was popular during this time, especially for his ability to hold his breath underwater for over five minutes. Kai was extremely close to his mother. As his father was hard on him, Kai sometimes bumped heads with his father. After discovering that he was adopted when he was thirteen, Kai grew much more anti social. He often pushes his friends and family away, believing that there's no hope for him. Truthfully Kai is a brilliant kid, but he doesn't believe so. He has a strong sense of justice as he often punishes the people that bully and steal from those in the shelter he often visits.

(Mystic I really want Kai to grow close to the little sister omg that'd be so cute)

Is it okay if Kai is half fire half water? I was thinking it could be interesting since he could have the abilities and smarts of an aquatic but rh aggressiveness a fire.

HERE I COME GUYS

Name: Kai Monroe

Band: Water

Appearance: Posted Image

Age(18-22 plz): 18

Bio: Kai was adopted when he was only five years old to loving parents. The mother couldn't bare children and the couple were both older than normal parents. Kai's mother and father raised him to the best of their abilities, sending him to the best schools they could possibly find. Kai's mother was a teacher at a school for deaf children while Kai's father was a dentist. All seemed great for the boy. Despite this however, Kai was an outcast. He had trouble fitting in during school with his only friends who weren't socially accepted as well. His grades were perfect, however as Kai grew older he was forced into high expectations of others due to his parent's work. After learning of his adoption when he was thirteen, things went downhill for Kai. He felt extremely alone, detaching himself from his parents. He started to get into trouble during school. Kai lost all confidence within himself as he doubted his abilities and skills. He willingly let his grades plummet and finally after he finished high school (his mother was able to convince him to finish) he left home as he struggled to find himself. Currently Kai is homeless, living around in shelters and loitering around. His parents are worried sick about him, especially his mother.

Personality: Kai was a very happy child. He was extremely bright during his early years in school. Once upon a time he was popular during this time, especially for his ability to hold his breath underwater for over five minutes. Kai was extremely close to his mother. As his father was hard on him, Kai sometimes bumped heads with his father. After discovering that he was adopted when he was thirteen, Kai grew much more anti social. He often pushes his friends and family away, believing that there's no hope for him. Truthfully Kai is a brilliant kid, but he doesn't believe so. He has a strong sense of justice as he often punishes the people that bully and steal from those in the shelter he often visits.

(Mystic I really want Kai to grow close to the little sister omg that'd be so cute)

Is it okay if Kai is half fire half water? I was thinking it could be interesting since he could have the abilities and smarts of an aquatic but rh aggressiveness a fire.

yeah i suppose it'd be alright for him to be both

ill probably wait till something like monday or tuesday to put it up so i can get settled into my new job. 

Great character choice, might I say, Aqua, and, if you are familiar with Avatar: The Last Airbender and its sequel, the fire-water blend seems very much like Korra.  Kai and Osric are going to have crazy times together, either butting heads in a laughable manner or Osric stonewalling Kai's scholarly observations.  =P

As for The Guide, that sounds like a good possibility, and I wish you the best regarding your new job!

ill probably wait till something like monday or tuesday to put it up so i can get settled into my new job. 

Monday or Tuesday sounds good, and congratulations on your new job!  Here's hoping that another player or two would be interested in the meantime.

And now there are too many love interests for Vera. : P  But anyhow, I like the idea of the closeness between Vera's sister and Kai, only I was intending her sister to be about six years old.  If that is okay with you I would be fine with leaving it, though I might be able to age her some if it would work better for what you're planning.

Great character choice, might I say, Aqua, and, if you are familiar with Avatar: The Last Airbender and its sequel, the fire-water blend seems very much like Korra. Kai and Osric are going to have crazy times together, either butting heads in a laughable manner or Osric stonewalling Kai's scholarly observations. =PAs for The Guide, that sounds like a good possibility, and I wish you the best regarding your new job!

Why thank you~ And I completely support that idea. I would love to see Osric and Kai's wacky moments together. Kai will appear much smaller than Osric (in general he's not that great on build) but Kai definitely has the aggressiveness of someone of that build when set off. Kai is also gonna be somewhat of 'know it all' as well xD

Monday or Tuesday sounds good, and congratulations on your new job! Here's hoping that another player or two would be interested in the meantime.And now there are too many love interests for Vera. : P But anyhow, I like the idea of the closeness between Vera's sister and Kai, only I was intending her sister to be about six years old. If that is okay with you I would be fine with leaving it, though I might be able to age her some if it would work better for what you're planning.

Oh no, six is quite perfect~! I was thinking Kai could be rather troubled when it comes to those his age but I can see him having a huge soft spot for children. It'd be really cute if Kai and the little sister could have like a sibling relationship since the little sister could want him to be happy and he could find her rather cute.

Why thank you~ And I completely support that idea. I would love to see Osric and Kai's wacky moments together. Kai will appear much smaller than Osric (in general he's not that great on build) but Kai definitely has the aggressiveness of someone of that build when set off. Kai is also gonna be somewhat of 'know it all' as well xDOh no, six is quite perfect~! I was thinking Kai could be rather troubled when it comes to those his age but I can see him having a huge soft spot for children. It'd be really cute if Kai and the little sister could have like a sibling relationship since the little sister could want him to be happy and he could find her rather cute.

That sounds like a plan, then.  I think it would be quite interesting and fine by me, though now I am wondering if I should make a character sheet for the sister.  Hmm . . . .  I hadn't really given her much thought until now.

so what im thinking im gonna do is post an opening paragraph to introduce the RP, let you guys post you first bits to establish your characters, and then ill post damian meeting all of you individually, and we'll figure out what to do from there. and somewhere in there ill bother to post the sheet for my kid because it occurs to me now that i never posted it. 

so what im thinking im gonna do is post an opening paragraph to introduce the RP, let you guys post you first bits to establish your characters, and then ill post damian meeting all of you individually, and we'll figure out what to do from there. and somewhere in there ill bother to post the sheet for my kid because it occurs to me now that i never posted it.

Go for it!Also, I have an idea for a possible brother to Kai if anyone is interested. A fire user.

Out of curiosity, The Guide, can our characters know that they have some sort of ability?  For instance, shoving earthen articles with increased force or something like that or accidentally willing a dustdevil for an Earth Band member?  I cannot think of my character Osric having it for long, but I'd like him to have some sort of knowledge that he has something, especially when Damian comes out of the woodwork and informs them all.

Edit:  Oh! one more thing.  Are the kids going to be based in the same orphanage or in the same town?  I was thinking about having Osric peer into the alleyway as he passes by for brunch or something, but I want things to be realistic.

Edited by Vaude

Out of curiosity, The Guide, can our characters know that they have some sort of ability?  For instance, shoving earthen articles with increased force or something like that or accidentally willing a dustdevil for an Earth Band member?  I cannot think of my character Osric having it for long, but I'd like him to have some sort of knowledge that he has something, especially when Damian comes out of the woodwork and informs them all.

Edit:  Oh! one more thing.  Are the kids going to be based in the same orphanage or in the same town?  I was thinking about having Osric peer into the alleyway as he passes by for brunch or something, but I want things to be realistic.

First point - yeah, as long as it is within reason. These kids have no idea that they are from another planet. Of course, they are going to know their special, amd they know they have abilities that other humans dont, even if they dont know how to use them very well yet. How your cahrachter reacts to the news that they are an ailen is completely up to you. so in short, yes they have some idea of their power, but they arent public about it. Their parents dont even know. 

second point - The detail are a bit muddy here, i purposely left them somewhat vague for the purposes of an RP. That said, they are all from the same area. Damain did this on purpose so he could watch over them and keep them out of trouble. So if you want to have your kid notice something that another kid did (provided it dosent mess up that RPs plan, use your best judgement and im sure itll be fine), that is completely plausible. ill add something to the original post so that everyone can reference it along the line of the kids all living in different suburbs around the same large city so that they can interact. 

A good point right there.  I guess additional force or weakening the tensile strength of things he touches would be something he considers special, but he would have absolutely no knowledge that he's a xeno.  That'll throw him for a loop, maybe even a shuttle loop (I love those roller coasters).

As for the second point, that sounds perfect, and I thank you for keeping it vague but still controlled.  It will make a rather interesting reaction when he realises that they are both aliens (and later when he knows that Kai was filthy rich before he decided to do things his own way).

I shall be posting shortly!