Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
King_Graham

KHBbS So, how did Even know about Ven?

When he says he's a "special case" and had a heart stripped of Darkness, did he encounter Master Xehanort? Or was it Braig?

Edited by Andrew Rowland

I'm pretty sure as a scientist delving into the mysteries of the heart, he must have picked up SOME way of sensing that sort of thing. I mean in case you haven't noticed there are several other characters in the game that keep picking up on Ven's unusually strong Light, so at this point it doesn't seem too far fetched to buy that Even can just naturally pick up on it. If Ienzo actually spoke, maybe he might have been able to sense Ven's lack of Darkness as well, as he has shown to have that keen ability to "smell" Darkness. But since he never says anything to indicate that, we have no idea for sure.

I'm pretty sure as a scientist delving into the mysteries of the heart, he must have picked up SOME way of sensing that sort of thing. I mean in case you haven't noticed there are several other characters in the game that keep picking up on Ven's unusually strong Light, so at this point it doesn't seem too far fetched to buy that Even can just naturally pick up on it. If Ienzo actually spoke, maybe he might have been able to sense Ven's lack of Darkness as well, as he has shown to have that keen ability to "smell" Darkness. But since he never says anything to indicate that, we have no idea for sure.

I agree. Terra was able to sense light in Riku and both Aqua and Mickey could sense light in Kairi with Mickey saying she must be "pretty extraordinary" so it's completely plausible that Even was able to sense the lack of darkness in Ven's heart. 

I agree. Terra was able to sense light in Riku and both Aqua and Mickey could sense light in Kairi with Mickey saying she must be "pretty extraordinary" so it's completely plausible that Even was able to sense the lack of darkness in Ven's heart. 

In a universe where the Heart is considered more important than the mind anyway, it seems plausible that people can just naturally have a slightly higher affinity or sixth sense about this sort of thing. I mean, unless you're a Nobody, people tend to read you like an open book pretty easily in this series.

In a universe where the Heart is considered more important than the mind anyway, it seems plausible that people can just naturally have a slightly higher affinity or sixth sense about this sort of thing. I mean, unless you're a Nobody, people tend to read you like an open book pretty easily in this series.

^Agreed! And Even made that kind of side comment to himself after the others left - "A heart devoid of darkness? Stripped clean of it, at that. Very interesting." - as though he'd just noticed in that scene. I thought maybe the "special case" comment was pertaining to Ven being a Keyblade wielder (which Even could have just seen in passing prior), but either way, I agree that a number of characters do have a talent for essentially "reading" hearts, as you said.

^Agreed! And Even made that kind of side comment to himself after the others left - "A heart devoid of darkness? Stripped clean of it, at that. Very interesting." - as though he'd just noticed in that scene. I thought maybe the "special case" comment was pertaining to Ven being a Keyblade wielder (which Even could have just seen in passing prior), but either way, I agree that a number of characters do have a talent for essentially "reading" hearts, as you said.

Even then, he could have just gotten the feeling that Ven was stronger than he looked. It's just a general observation that anyone could have made. The only reason Dilan and Aeleus don't get that impression is because they're convinced that he's a meek child, attitude typical for your average castle guard...though they ARE supposed to be scientists too, so I don't know, maybe they don't pick up on stuff like that until later when Xehanort starts running the circus.

He was most likely the top scientist next to Ansem the Wise and was probably very close to him and his research, therefore knowing of the differences of light and dark and could probably tell through... Sciency means. Plus, could just be a prediction on his part, he IS a scientist after all, it's what they do.