Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Zimomo

The "E3 is dying" situation

After the last Nintendo announcement I've started thinking about this "E3 is dying" thing.

Even if I understand that companies would prefer to do separated conferences to have all the attention of the public, I think it would be a shame if E3 disappeared. I see E3 as a magical moment for us gamers: trailers, announcements, interviews, one after another. It wouldn't be the same experience with everything scattered all over the year.

What do you guys think? If E3 became less and less important, would it matter to you?

I'll also put here this video, a reaction to the Twilght Pincess reveal. It's always awesome to watch and I think it sums up pretty well what I think about the E3.

(ehm, how do I make the video appear here? It's just the link) Edited by Zimomo

It's still Important. Playstation, Microsoft, SEGA, Namco, Capcom, Konami, Activision, Square, EA, 505 Games, Bethesda, Atlus, Telltales, Ubisoft, Warner Bros & others will still be there. Nintendo has a seperate set of plans like Directs. But the other companies still can use E3 to their advantage.

E3 isn't dying. Okay, Nintendo, EA and Activision aren't going to be doing Digital Events for E3, so what? We still have the likes of Sony, Microsoft, Bethesda, Square Enix, Ubisoft and Valve all doing Digital Events for E3 this year. 

Yes, we're most likely missing Pokemon Sun/Moon, CoD: Copy/Paste Warfare and FIFA copy/paste 17, but people are still forgetting the substansial list of high-profile games that are going to, are likely and are probably going to be at the event;

• Final Fantasy XV
  • Final Fantasy VII Remaster
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 -Final Chapter Prologue-
  • Kingdom Hearts III
  • Dishonoured 2
  • Crackdown 3
  • Persona 5
  • Mass Effect Andromeda
  • NiER

To name but a few. And also Zelda Wii U but that's not on the list because it's bullshit that it's the main focus when an equally as hype game in Pokemon Sun/Moon, the presumably seventh Generation of Pokemon, is getting cancelled out by it.

Well, yeah, I wasn't talking about THIS E3 in particular, but about the future. I'm not saying that it will happen, obviously I can't, but it is just a fear that I now have.

E3 isn't dying. Okay, Nintendo, EA and Activision aren't going to be doing Digital Events for E3, so what? We still have the likes of Sony, Microsoft, Bethesda, Square Enix, Ubisoft and Valve all doing Digital Events for E3 this year. 

Yes, we're most likely missing Pokemon Sun/Moon, CoD: Copy/Paste Warfare and FIFA copy/paste 17, but people are still forgetting the substansial list of high-profile games that are going to, are likely and are probably going to be at the event;

• Final Fantasy XV
  • Kingdom Hearts III
  • Dishonoured 2
  • Crackdown 3
  • Persona 5
  • Mass Effect Andromeda
  • NiER

To name but a few. And also Zelda Wii U but that's not on the list because it's bullshit that it's the main focus when an equally as hype game in Pokemon Sun/Moon, the presumably seventh Generation of Pokemon, is getting cancelled out by it.

Lol "Final Fantasy VII Remaster". You sure you don't mean "Remake"? :P

I can't stop laughing at these new names you created! 

also got to remember that E3 used to be mainly a professionnal event.

Those big events still have their audience.

in a way I don't really see all the fuss about this nintendo thing, with directs and such they've been closer to the actual public that an event like e3 would allow in  a way.

Add to that the fact that people are looking everywhere everytime for the slightest thing about pretty much everything, making these events more of a showcase where hardly any new thing will be said/seen

so where is the right balance?

we're in a transition where they need to decide whether to get it all out once or have things to tell in the long run.Especially nowadays with every word said being analysed to the bone and potentially used against them.

Be it in a bad way, but only with this not so big statement, nintendo has been the center of attraction for the past few days.when they would have been just "another one" in the e3 mess.

and as stated, many more actors are there to keep this e3 alive and kicking :D

as for me, I don't really mind what could happen to e3 -even if I'm pretty sure it won't die anytime soon-, a nice news/trailer/reveal about a game I care about is still great, no matter when it's revealed.

if any, I think I'd enjoy it if it was more spread out, a bit of real news all the year, rather than all "big" announcements we already heard of for the most during one event^^

It's still Important. Playstation, Microsoft, SEGA, Namco, Capcom, Konami, Activision, Square, EA, 505 Games, Bethesda, Atlus, Telltales, Ubisoft, Warner Bros & others will still be there. Nintendo has a seperate set of plans like Directs. But the other companies still can use E3 to their advantage.

• Final Fantasy XV
  • Kingdom Hearts III
  • Dishonoured 2
  • Crackdown 3
  • Persona 5
  • Mass Effect Andromeda
  • NiER

You guys do know that Sony has their own event, PlayStation Experience, that is 10 times better than their E3. I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped from E3 in the future. Because their event is just so much better on its own.