Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Setrex

Anime | Manga Any anime that you just couldn't get into?

Pretty much what the title suggests. Is there any anime that you tried to get into (through recommendations or whatever) that was just not for you? If so why?

I'm not speaking of anime that you flat out hate beyond belief, but rather the kind of anime that simply just wasn't for you.

For me a few would be things like Naruto, Fairy Tail, Cardcaptor Sakura or Highschool DxD. There's definitely more though. I think I just simply didn't care for the characters or stories that were being presented to me. That or the anime just didn't hold my attention for other reasons, so I simply might've just brushed it aside after a few episodes (or even after an entire season). I don't hate these anime nor the people who like them, I just don't really care for them you know?

I mostly ask because I recently recommended FLCL to a friend and they didn't understand why I liked it so much. It's an anime that really doesn't take itself too seriously and I guess they couldn't see the appeal. Though they liked the animation at least.

*I should note that I'm not hoping to start flame wars. If you don't like an anime that's perfectly fine. Everyone has different tastes.

TBH I was the same with Naruto growing up. I couldn't stand the 'Jutsu's' that would be said out loud as it reminded me of some old cheesy kung fu movies and the stories just really didn't catch my attention. My little brother had been pestering me recently to watch it and so I decided to give it another go. I think it takes a long time for me personally for it to have become interesting but It definitely picks up in the Shipudden series. I would definitely say skip all of the filler episodes because in my opinion they are awful.

One Piece. I just don't get how people can invest time into that thing, it's over 700 episodes long. That's around 17,700 minutes, which is around 12.31 days STRAIGHT of watching One Piece, no breaks, no going to eat, no going to the toilet, no drinking. One Piece just killed a marathoner! It's fair enough if you've been watching it from the start, but if you try to watch it now that it's at 739 episodes. Just no. 

Attack on Titan/SnK - I'm a frequent player of horror games so gore doesn't usually bother me, but that show takes it way too far. : I've brushed off a friend more than once when they tried to get me into it.

One Piece - IT'S SO. LONG. and I guess I'm a bit of an art style snob, because I just don't like that animation.

Devil May Cry - I've played the games and thought I'd give the anime a try, but I only made it three episodes in before calling quits. It was way too cheesy (again, I'm a big fan of Resident Evil, so that should tell you just how cheesy that anime was) and the plot was just ???

And while I enjoyed the first arc of SAO, the second one absolutely killed my interest in the series and I haven't bothered watching the new seasons.

One Piece. I just don't get how people can invest time into that thing, it's over 700 episodes long. That's around 17,700 minutes, which is around 12.31 days STRAIGHT of watching One Piece, no breaks, no going to eat, no going to the toilet, no drinking. One Piece just killed a marathoner! It's fair enough if you've been watching it from the start, but if you try to watch it now that it's at 739 episodes. Just no.

Start watching it, then you know how xD But no, most anime I watched were recommended by friends, and I really liked them all so far :)

TBH I was the same with Naruto growing up. I couldn't stand the 'Jutsu's' that would be said out loud as it reminded me of some old cheesy kung fu movies and the stories just really didn't catch my attention. My little brother had been pestering me recently to watch it and so I decided to give it another go. I think it takes a long time for me personally for it to have become interesting but It definitely picks up in the Shipudden series. I would definitely say skip all of the filler episodes because in my opinion they are awful.

Narotu, all my friends like but i just couldn't get into it, i watched untill the time skip and i just found it to be boring

The long episodes in both One Piece and Naruto definitely put me off. I struggle to watch shows with 50 episodes at times let alone over a million episodes. xD

Attack on Titan/SnK - I'm a frequent player of horror games so gore doesn't usually bother me, but that show takes it way too far. : I've brushed off a friend more than once when they tried to get me into it.

One Piece - IT'S SO. LONG. and I guess I'm a bit of an art style snob, because I just don't like that animation.

Devil May Cry - I've played the games and thought I'd give the anime a try, but I only made it three episodes in before calling quits. It was way too cheesy (again, I'm a big fan of Resident Evil, so that should tell you just how cheesy that anime was) and the plot was just ???

And while I enjoyed the first arc of SAO, the second one absolutely killed my interest in the series and I haven't bothered watching the new seasons.

Funny enough I didn't mention either Attack on Titan or SAO because both shows border into hate territory for me :P SAO had soooooooo much potential and like you said after the first arc it went downhill. I gave the second series a chance, but after watching the first 3 or so episodes me and a friend mutually agreed to just drop it. As for Attack on Titan it was actually the fans that ruined that one for me. The show isn't great and if definitely has a number of flaws, but whenever I think of AoT I think of the fans more than the anime. I know it's a silly reason to dislike a show, because a lot of shows have bad fans, but I can't help it unfortunately.

Vampire Knight. I tried to watch it as much as I could, but it didn't work out with me. So I kinda stopped watching it after a few episodes.

Understandable. I know a few who felt the same way about the show :) I've only seen the first episode myself so I can't make any judgements -.-

Attack on Titan: I got bored reading the manga because SPOILERS it kept on having more and more side-character-turn-titans-omg! I tried watching the show but I think I should've watched it in subs.

Black Butler: Got bored and didn't like angel-lady... 

Bleach: Fillers, fillers everywhere! (episode 110 was where I left off). I do want to read the manga but I'd have to go to different libraries just to read it, the volumes are scattered all over the place and it's quite annoying >.<

Naruto: I tried so hard to stick with this series but the explanations about the justus and attacks were exhausting to read, so I just gave up around volume 10-ish? I can't remember other than Naruto meeting up with another person that was a gambler. And also had the same volume problem with Bleach and Attack on Titan.

Sword Art Online: I quit when Kirito and Asuna got married. And it was boring after the first few episodes but I had hope for it...

I'm the type of person who sadly loves not-as-popular series/not-popular-anymore series...

Edited by EchoFox23*

oh I see I'm not the only one who couldn't watch naruto, one piece and such :D

I feel kind of the same, too many lenghts and uninteresting episodes (for me that is) and downright the all universe I couldn't get myself into.

add to that fairy tails,titans, blue exorcist, sao, soul eater...Then again, it's totally personnal ^^

The long episodes in both One Piece and Naruto definitely put me off. I struggle to watch shows with 50 episodes at times let alone over a million episodes. xD

Funny enough I didn't mention either Attack on Titan or SAO because both shows border into hate territory for me :P SAO had soooooooo much potential and like you said after the first arc it went downhill. I gave the second series a chance, but after watching the first 3 or so episodes me and a friend mutually agreed to just drop it. As for Attack on Titan it was actually the fans that ruined that one for me. The show isn't great and if definitely has a number of flaws, but whenever I think of AoT I think of the fans more than the anime. I know it's a silly reason to dislike a show, because a lot of shows have bad fans, but I can't help it unfortunately.

Understandable. I know a few who felt the same way about the show :) I've only seen the first episode myself so I can't make any judgements -.-

I agree aout this whole fan thing too

sometimes you think something be it and anime or a series, should be appreciated for what it is, on ok show, enjoyable but that's it. and there you've got like an army of people praising it like the true and only god, quoting the hell out of it,putting it on a pedestal. sadly it goes to the point where you end up being fed up about it, as it mainly emphasizes the flows of said show.

one perfect example of that would be Doctor Who.

Edited by sorakm

Attack on Titan: I got bored reading the manga because SPOILERS it kept on having more and more side-character-turn-titans-omg! I tried watching the show but I think I should've watched it in subs.

Bleach: Fillers, fillers everywhere! (episode 110 was where I left off). I do want to read the manga but I'd have to go to different libraries just to read it, the volumes are scattered all over the place and it's quite annoying >.<

Naruto: I tried so hard to stick with this series but the explanations about the justus and attacks were exhausting to read, so I just gave up around volume 10-ish? I can't remember other than Naruto meeting up with another person that was a gambler. And also had the same volume problem with Bleach and Attack on Titan.

Sword Art Online: I quit when Kirito and Asuna got married. And it was boring after the first few episodes but I had hope for it...

I'm the type of person who sadly loves not-as-popular series/not-popular-anymore series...

You made it further than I ever could in Bleach -.- I dropped Bleach not long after the Soul Society arc. I don't think I could ever go back to it at this point. I'd say probably give the Attack on Titan abridged series a shot, I haven't watched it myself, but a few of my friends say it's funny even if you don't like the show. I can't say for sure though. That was around the time that SAO started to get a bit boring for me, I hated that little kid that they decided to adopt as a daughter for zero reason. When I read the infamous Chapter 16.5 (I really wouldn't recommend it as it's definitely nsfw and feels incredibly fan-fictiony but apparently isn't.) I think that was when I realised SAO was a joke.

oh I see I'm not the only one who couldn't watch naruto, one piece and such :D

I feel kind of the same, too many lenghts and uninteresting episodes (for me that is) and downright the all universe I couldn't get myself into.

add to that fairy tails,titans, blue exorcist, sao, soul eater...Then again, it's totally personnal ^^

I agree aout this whole fan thing too

sometimes you think something be it and anime or a series, should be appreciated for what it is, on ok show, enjoyable but that's it. and there you've got like an army of people praising it like the true and only god, quoting the hell out of it,putting it on a pedestal. sadly it goes to the point where you end up being fed up about it, as it mainly emphasizes the flows of said show.

one perfect example of that would be Doctor Who.

Oddly enough, I'm not one for long anime either yet I've sat through the original series' of Pokémon, Digimon and Yu-gi-oh in recent years. The amount of filler in them is a joke though and I never noticed it as a kid :l

I'm not totally against long running anime, I just don't have the willpower or time to keep up with them.

Yeah, when Attack on Titan came out it was the "next best thing" in an anime society at college I go to. It became increasingly difficult to enjoy my time there because if you weren't watching this show then it was hard to be part of a conversation. I tried it. It was meh. It's now often joked about in the society. I still see it mentioned online a bunch and I feel better shows are criminally overlooked when compared to Attack on Titan or SAO. The shows just aren't that good imo and I've had one or two folk try and convince me otherwise. I respect the opinions of others until they become forceful I guess :/ which is why I dislike the fans of AoT more than the show.

You made it further than I ever could in Bleach -.- I dropped Bleach not long after the Soul Society arc. I don't think I could ever go back to it at this point. I'd say probably give the Attack on Titan abridged series a shot, I haven't watched it myself, but a few of my friends say it's funny even if you don't like the show. I can't say for sure though. That was around the time that SAO started to get a bit boring for me, I hated that little kid that they decided to adopt as a daughter for zero reason. When I read the infamous Chapter 16.5 (I really wouldn't recommend it as it's definitely nsfw and feels incredibly fan-fictiony but apparently isn't.) I think that was when I realised SAO was a joke.

Oddly enough, I'm not one for long anime either yet I've sat through the original series' of Pokémon, Digimon and Yu-gi-oh in recent years. The amount of filler in them is a joke though and I never noticed it as a kid :l

I'm not totally against long running anime, I just don't have the willpower or time to keep up with them.

Yeah, when Attack on Titan came out it was the "next best thing" in an anime society at college I go to. It became increasingly difficult to enjoy my time there because if you weren't watching this show then it was hard to be part of a conversation. I tried it. It was meh. It's now often joked about in the society. I still see it mentioned online a bunch and I feel better shows are criminally overlooked when compared to Attack on Titan or SAO. The shows just aren't that good imo and I've had one or two folk try and convince me otherwise. I respect the opinions of others until they become forceful I guess :/ which is why I dislike the fans of AoT more than the show.

Pretty much this yes~

yeah apart from the number of episodes, it's really their capacity to keep me watching that fails I'd say^^

That's rather personnal, as I can't stand fillers in those animes, but I really loved ghost in the shell a lot and all the stand alone were what they were, pure fillers xD (well with very interesting stories and some background addups too, but hey, tastes, tastes..)

yeah, it's was the same with one punch man recently, which is a pity as the show himself isn't bad. but making a whole mountain of something like this, really kills it for me too. People have the right to enjoy a show, to the fullest, but this fanatic attitude? nope.

I used to watch one piece all the time, but now I lost track and can't get back into the series due to how long it is, same goes for Naruto.

Edited by North Winter

I could never get into One Piece.  I'm not exactly sure why, because fantasy and adventure are my favorite genres for anything, but I just never found any interest in it.  Plus, the fact that its so long... yeah I'm never gonna watch it again.

I used to read the Bleach and DBZ (and Dragon Ball) mangas, but I found other mangas that I like much more, so I lost interest in those series.  I've never seen the Bleach anime, and like with One Piece, I don't think I ever will because its so long.  As for DBZ, I'll watch it sometimes when its on Toonami, but I'm not really that into it.

I loved Naruto, but just like with the former two, it just got so long, that I got bored of it.  I might watch Naruto again though, because I still have a soft spot for it since this was the anime that truly got me to start watching other animes and reading other mangas.  I loved Yu-Gi-Oh, Digimon, Sailor Moon, and Pokemon when I was little, but I was too young to really know what anime was.  And while I still love the former two (well, just the first few seasons of Yu-Gi-Oh with the original cast, and seasons 1, 2, and 4 of Digimon) I really don't care for the latter two anymore.

I watched all the episodes of Another, but throughout the whole thing, I just could not get into it.  I barely remember some of the things that happened in it, and I don't remember any of the character's names.  I thought I would like this anime because I love Higurashi, and I heard that Another was a lot like that, but I just found it to be really boring.

The last anime I can think of that I never got into was No Game No Life.  When I watched the first episode, it looked like it had some promise, but it felt like the main pairing would be incest.  And from what all the comments from people who've seen all the episodes said, it seems I was dead on.  Yeah, incest is a turnoff for me, unless its shown to be bad.  That's why I never gave SAO a chance, since I heard that also has incest.  Plus, in No Game No Life the brother is between 18 and 21, while the sister is like 12 or 13, so yeah its pedophilia too, another turnoff for me unless its shown to be bad.

I love Attack on Titan, but I can't blame you for not liking it because of the fans.  I don't really talk much with the other fans, because I'm in the small minority that does not like Levi or Mikasa, the two fan favorites.  And whenever I see fanart or fanfics of AoT, it almost is always about Levi, and I'm really sick of it.   If you're already neutral towards something, seeing insane fans for that specific something can make you hate it.

Technically mostly everything. What I mean is I'm afraid of wasting my time in watching an anime that will bore me or just not get into. I have to get someone to highly recommend me to watch it, and even then I'm still hesitant. If it isn't because of this, then it's probably because I did watch a few episodes back when I was a kid and lost interest/didn't like it one bit. 

Forgot to mention something very minor, not really a deal breaker, but I'm afraid once I get into the anime, I'm going to want to buy at least 1 figure from the series. *Looks at the Fate series* e.e

One Piece was way too long for me to want to keep going. I've only gotten into two long series (Naruto and Dragon Ball), and that's because I liked them enough to have the motivation to keep going. One Piece didn't do that for me.

Also, I know I'm probably going to get killed over this one Fullmetal Alchemist (Specifically Brotherhood, didn't bother with the original since I typically hate filler/noncanon endings, Akame Ga Kill being the one exception to that. Which is weird since everyone else hates AGK's ending. Oh well) didn't keep my attention for very long. After having it hyped up as the greatest anime of all time, and one that even people that don't like anime could get into, I found it to be... underwhelming. Very underwhelming. It wasn't bad, but I didn't think it was nearly as good as everyone told me it would be.

I could never get into One Piece.  I'm not exactly sure why, because fantasy and adventure are my favorite genres for anything, but I just never found any interest in it.  Plus, the fact that its so long... yeah I'm never gonna watch it again.

I used to read the Bleach and DBZ (and Dragon Ball) mangas, but I found other mangas that I like much more, so I lost interest in those series.  I've never seen the Bleach anime, and like with One Piece, I don't think I ever will because its so long.  As for DBZ, I'll watch it sometimes when its on Toonami, but I'm not really that into it.

I loved Naruto, but just like with the former two, it just got so long, that I got bored of it.  I might watch Naruto again though, because I still have a soft spot for it since this was the anime that truly got me to start watching other animes and reading other mangas.  I loved Yu-Gi-Oh, Digimon, Sailor Moon, and Pokemon when I was little, but I was too young to really know what anime was.  And while I still love the former two (well, just the first few seasons of Yu-Gi-Oh with the original cast, and seasons 1, 2, and 4 of Digimon) I really don't care for the latter two anymore.

I watched all the episodes of Another, but throughout the whole thing, I just could not get into it.  I barely remember some of the things that happened in it, and I don't remember any of the character's names.  I thought I would like this anime because I love Higurashi, and I heard that Another was a lot like that, but I just found it to be really boring.

The last anime I can think of that I never got into was No Game No Life.  When I watched the first episode, it looked like it had some promise, but it felt like the main pairing would be incest.  And from what all the comments from people who've seen all the episodes said, it seems I was dead on.  Yeah, incest is a turnoff for me, unless its shown to be bad.  That's why I never gave SAO a chance, since I heard that also has incest.  Plus, in No Game No Life the brother is between 18 and 21, while the sister is like 12 or 13, so yeah its pedophilia too, another turnoff for me unless its shown to be bad.

I love Attack on Titan, but I can't blame you for not liking it because of the fans.  I don't really talk much with the other fans, because I'm in the small minority that does not like Levi or Mikasa, the two fan favorites.  And whenever I see fanart or fanfics of AoT, it almost is always about Levi, and I'm really sick of it.   If you're already neutral towards something, seeing insane fans for that specific something can make you hate it.

It does seem to be the long anime that people find the toughest to get into alright.

I remember liking Another when it came out, but I barely remember the show at all.. I think it was one of those anime where I watched it, thought it was nothing out of this world and then moved on with my life.

Ah yes No Game No Life. I've seen a few episodes, but never finished it. I can see where you are coming from, it definitely is a topic that can turn people off a show. It wasn't a huge deal in SAO. Kirito had this ridiculous harem thing going on any ways and adding a cousin who is like a sister to him was pretty much the icing on his harem cake. It was a pretty irritating subplot if you ask me.

Technically mostly everything. What I mean is I'm afraid of wasting my time in watching an anime that will bore me or just not get into. I have to get someone to highly recommend me to watch it, and even then I'm still hesitant. If it isn't because of this, then it's probably because I did watch a few episodes back when I was a kid and lost interest/didn't like it one bit. 

Forgot to mention something very minor, not really a deal breaker, but I'm afraid once I get into the anime, I'm going to want to buy at least 1 figure from the series. *Looks at the Fate series* e.e

That's understandable. I could definitely recommend shows that are on the shorter scale (12/13 episodes or so), but I can see where you are coming from as sometimes I even struggle to watch that many episodes if the anime just isn't interesting.

One Piece was way too long for me to want to keep going. I've only gotten into two long series (Naruto and Dragon Ball), and that's because I liked them enough to have the motivation to keep going. One Piece didn't do that for me.

Also, I know I'm probably going to get killed over this one Fullmetal Alchemist (Specifically Brotherhood, didn't bother with the original since I typically hate filler/noncanon endings, Akame Ga Kill being the one exception to that. Which is weird since everyone else hates AGK's ending. Oh well) didn't keep my attention for very long. After having it hyped up as the greatest anime of all time, and one that even people that don't like anime could get into, I found it to be... underwhelming. Very underwhelming. It wasn't bad, but I didn't think it was nearly as good as everyone told me it would be.

I think that's why I stuck with the original Dragon Ball and DBZ all those years ago. I found the shows interesting and I was willing to invest in them. I know you like Naruto too so I hope this thread hasn't annoyed you D: It seems to be a good example for some.

I can see where you are coming from with FMA. I haven't seen Brotherhood so I cannot comment on it, but I remember being very confused by the ending of the original FMA to the point where I felt like I had wasted my time watching all those episodes. It most certainly isn't the greatest anime of all time, but in some ways I can see why the show is as loved as it is.

I don't know if it's just me but I couldn't get into Psycho Pass. :P

And to those people who haven't watched One Piece yet, just start watching it! I started watching the series 3 months ago and I am just over 300 episodes in and I love the series now. You don't have to catch up 700 episodes fast. Just watch it at your own pace. 

Edited by AaySquare

And to those people who haven't watched One Piece yet, just start watching it! I started watching the series 2 months ago and I am just over 300 episodes in and I love the series now. You don't have to catch up 700 episodes fast. Just watch it at your own pace. 

Oh really? I can't comment on the second series or the film, but the first series of Psycho Pass was quite interesting. Though I do know some that liked the premise of it, but it just fell flat for them. Quite a shout there! Didn't expect Psycho Pass to get a mention :P

I remember an episode or two of the One Piece 4Kids dub. Now that stuff is hilariously bad. (I purposely watched it for its infamously bad dub :P)

If you do watch black butler, I suggest you solely watch Season 3 or just read the manga. 

Season 3 stays true to the manga and it is rather entertaining and full of surprises. 

Anime I could not get into....

The World God Only Knows...specifically season three. 

Date A Live...got tired of all the ecchi. 

11Eyes, even though I finished it. 

Gosick....this is a surprising one because I finished it, but I will probably never watch it again. It was more of my sister who liked it more than I. 

It does seem to be the long anime that people find the toughest to get into alright.

I remember liking Another when it came out, but I barely remember the show at all.. I think it was one of those anime where I watched it, thought it was nothing out of this world and then moved on with my life.

Ah yes No Game No Life. I've seen a few episodes, but never finished it. I can see where you are coming from, it definitely is a topic that can turn people off a show. It wasn't a huge deal in SAO. Kirito had this ridiculous harem thing going on any ways and adding a cousin who is like a sister to him was pretty much the icing on his harem cake. It was a pretty irritating subplot if you ask me.

That's understandable. I could definitely recommend shows that are on the shorter scale (12/13 episodes or so), but I can see where you are coming from as sometimes I even struggle to watch that many episodes if the anime just isn't interesting.

I think that's why I stuck with the original Dragon Ball and DBZ all those years ago. I found the shows interesting and I was willing to invest in them. I know you like Naruto too so I hope this thread hasn't annoyed you D: It seems to be a good example for some.

I can see where you are coming from with FMA. I haven't seen Brotherhood so I cannot comment on it, but I remember being very confused by the ending of the original FMA to the point where I felt like I had wasted my time watching all those episodes. It most certainly isn't the greatest anime of all time, but in some ways I can see why the show is as loved as it is.

I'm not bothered by the Naruto thing, it's just a difference of opinion. xD

My brother told me the ending for the original was really weird. Probably why I skipped it. xD I can see why people like it, but I was told before watching it that I'd be sure to love it and that it was one of the greatest shows ever. I wasn't all that impressed in the end.

And to those people who haven't watched One Piece yet, just start watching it! I started watching the series 3 months ago and I am just over 300 episodes in and I love the series now. You don't have to catch up 700 episodes fast. Just watch it at your own pace. 

I did watch One Piece (Or read it, to be specific. I got past Arlong Island), although I still couldn't get into it. It wasn't bad, just not something I liked enough to stick around for 700+ chapters.

For me, it would have to be Naruto. It's not that I hate the show or anything, I just never found the will to get into the series. That and it has a shitload of episodes... it does seem a bit interesting and all but not interesting enough for me to binge watch all 700+ episodes lol. That and I tend to get "OMG YOYU HAVENT WATCHED NARUTO?!?!?!?? YOU HAVE NO CHILDHOOOD!!" a lot, like chill okay :P

Oh, and like someone else mentioned, Black Butler. It's a decent show and the plot was interesting, but I just couldn't get into any of it's main characters. No offense to people who like them, but I just feel like they're overrated, especially Sebastian. I mean yeah, he's hot and badass with the whole "skilled demon butler" thing, but that's about it. And then there's the overused plot device where somehow Ciel is in danger and then Sebastian gets to show off how badass he is by swooping in and saving the day... yeah, just not my cup of tea. I'll admit I did enjoy it for what it was, but it's not enough to pull me into it's fandom... the first two seasons is as far as I'll get. 

Edited by PinappleRoxx

For me, it would have to be Naruto. It's not that I hate the show or anything, I just never found the will to get into the series. That and it has a shitload of episodes... it does seem a bit interesting and all but not interesting enough for me to binge watch all 700+ episodes lol. That and I tend to get "OMG YOYU HAVENT WATCHED NARUTO?!?!?!?? YOU HAVE NO CHILDHOOOD!!" a lot, like chill okay :P

Oh, and like someone else mentioned, Black Butler. It's a decent show and the plot was interesting, but I just couldn't get into any of it's main characters. No offense to people who like them, but I just feel like they're overrated, especially Sebastian. I mean yeah, he's hot and badass with the whole "skilled demon butler" thing, but that's about it. And then there's the overused plot device where somehow Ciel is in danger and then Sebastian gets to show off how badass he is by swooping in and saving the day... yeah, just not my cup of tea. I'll admit I did enjoy it for what it was, but it's not enough to pull me into it's fandom... the first two seasons is as far as I'll get. 

I never did understand the "Omg you never watched X?? You definitely had no childhood!!" statement. I've only ever seen the first episode of Naruto and it's one of the only shows where some people I know who still keep up with it have constantly said that I missed out by not watching it. The show simply wasn't for me so I saved myself the time by skipping it. :/

It's incredibly difficult to jump into long-running shows so it's really easy to understand why people can't get into them. Heck I struggle sometimes with getting into shows that only have 24 or 50+ episodes let alone 200 or even 500 xD