Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

How would you feel about KH3's multiplayer being a Monster Hunter/PSO HD version of χ? Maybe reusing assets from Back Cover.

specifically:

• Four player co-op
  • Mission structure
  • Multiple costumes
  • Custom created character
  • Keyblade evolutions. 
  • Set it in the past and use the plot line of KHχ. 
  • Freely chosen keyblade fighting styles tied the wielding style to the keyblade itself. Big and unwieldy? Terra style. Two handed grip? Eraqus style. Short and speedy? Ven style. Two big blades? Valor style. Two light blades? Roxas style. 
  • Abilities as item drops with a trading system. 
  • Character classes: for example a dual wielding mage would be Master Form style, a dual wielding tank would be Valor Form style and a dual wielding DPS would be Roxas style. Also, give us free reign to customize our specials: we can make a strike raid that hits multiple times or one that hits really hard once. Attach spells to attacks like Fira Ars Arcanum or Thunder Sonic Blade.
  • Character trees to customize characters: for example, one tree leads to the ability to use forms, which you would have to use points to unlock. One tree leads to keyblade transformations. One tree leads to limit breaks a la days. One tree leads to style changes a la BBS. One leads to a redone overclock system a la re:coded.
  • Combined magic system: you start out with KH1, but at a certain level you unlock KH2, and a little later you unlock KH3D/BBS/re:coded magic. You can play with the one you like best.
  • Raid Bosses would be a combo of [chi] and Unchained: like Unchained, you'll trigger them by killing a certain number of heartless, but they would trigger for both you and a rival union at the same time. Like [chi], both sides do as much damage during the time limit, with prizes to the MVP, the Killing Blow, the person who triggers it, and the team who does the most damage. 
  • Missions would be lifted from [chi]: you have story missions, daily missions, ongoing mission, and event missions, plus add in the Coliseum from Unchained. And everything won't be kill the target.

Call it RE:χ.

While that does sound like an intricately detailed and well thought out multiplayer concept, I think that Nomura will be focusing mostly on the single player aspect of Kingdom Hearts III, and as such, I don't think multiplayer will be too big of a focus, ya know?  But hey, then again, what do I know?  Either way, nice concept you cooked up! :D

It sounds all cool, but a big part of me just wants KH3 to be completely single player.

While that does sound like an intricately detailed and well thought out multiplayer concept, I think that Nomura will be focusing mostly on the single player aspect of Kingdom Hearts III, and as such, I don't think multiplayer will be too big of a focus, ya know?  But hey, then again, what do I know?  Either way, nice concept you cooked up! :D

I am on this train here. I would imagine that the single player part of this would be the main focus and we may not get multiplayer at all. It has not been confirmed outright. Only desires have been expressed which do not equate to multiplayer happening.

I still feel like the Keyblade Wars is a highly likely mode for multiplayer. You take the game's cast of main characters and split them up as lights and darkness. Then you do stuff like Team Deathmatches and other various modes. You choose your Light or your Darkness, each representing the side you end up on in a match. So, basically, Kingdom Hearts with the Uncharted multiplayer treatment.

Why not make a whole other game instead? I mean thats way too much for a multiplayer.

EDIT: Just read the last sentence...feeling a little stupid.

I agree, that is going to be to ambitious and really would only work as a experimental mulitplayer game. But I think if they did want to do that for a spinoff game it would be pretty awesome to play. 

Kingdom Hearts 3 should be Single Player only IMO. 

I can't really understand why everyone wants multiplayer so badly. Kingdom Hearts is an RPG and those are single player games. The Elder Scrolls, the Witcher, and many others are the same. In essence the series is about telling a story. And I really feel multiplayer would detract from the story. If you want to play a multiplayer game, go buy one, but this isn't the series to have it and it will most definitely suffer if it's included.

Edited by clatter411