Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
aguyuno

KHUX Friendly advice about the raid boss crunch period!

So as those of you may know (if you read the notification), 7pm to 9pm PDT each day is like a "crunch time" for the raid boss. The appearance rate doubles, the lux drop from the boss doubles, and the AP cost for the boss itself is slashed in half.

Now obviously this is great for farming the event boards, but the levels you get from it are INSANE. My sister jumped 30 levels from 8-9pm alone last night. The double lux/half ap leads to HUGE jumps.

Anyway. That's all. You all have given me a lot of help over the days so I figured I'd try to give some back :).

Happy gaming!

So as those of you may know (if you read the notification), 7pm to 9pm PDT each day is like a "crunch time" for the raid boss. The appearance rate doubles, the lux drop from the boss doubles, and the AP cost for the boss itself is slashed in half.

Now obviously this is great for farming the event boards, but the levels you get from it are INSANE. My sister jumped 30 levels from 8-9pm alone last night. The double lux/half ap leads to HUGE jumps.

Anyway. That's all. You all have given me a lot of help over the days so I figured I'd try to give some back :).

Happy gaming!

My party and I were laughing about this last night. The level jumps are indeed crazy and hilarious. xD If there's one bit of advice I'd offer, it's to not bother with spending your avatar coins every time you level up; wait until after crunch hour is over (since AP/Keyblade cost/HP really don't help you in raid bossfights, at least not in this situation, unless you need the extra cost for a 6-star medal you've been hoarding or something).

My usual bossfight pattern is to run mission 57 to max out my Keyblade AP and then do the event mission to get the raid boss, but during crunch hour you don't really need to worry about your Keyblade AP (since you level up so quickly anyway and constantly get your mission AP back, so it doesn't really matter if you're short on Keyblade AP and die multiple times. Just whack the thing for as long as you need. xD)

Edited by ladydualwieldin

I have the first two boards done+last board ready to be unlocked. (Just don't want to fill my inventory just yet.)

Also stopped after lv 200ish. I just wanted the cost points. I want to save the last 50 levels for fast AP refills.

Edited by OmegaForte

So how do you know/find out what the 'crunch time' is for the event?

It's 7-9pm PDT which translates to 2-4pm here in NZ.

I think some more helpful advice is: make sure you use some of the AP you get. Once you get to Level 200 you require insane amounts of LUX to level up, so you can no longer take advantage of refreshing AP outside of events. So once you get the useful stuff (Cid/Dale/Chip medals), spend your AP on things which will actually be of use to you like story missions, special missions, etc. Power leveling as much as you can will make the game harder for you once the event ends since you couldn't get refreshed AP easily. 

Of course, feel free to level to about 150-170 or so but don't be too wasteful.