Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Jared Pryatel

KHUX Don't buy the new premium Avatar Boards

Biggest waste of money this game has offered yet.The outfit is nice, sure. The medals, however, are not. They are worse than the JP versions. It's now a 3 SP 6* damage buffer (that's right, the worst rank for a buffer right now) that does AoE damage instead of single-target, with a poorer SP multiplier (1.4 vs 1.47). You might say they got nerfed immensely.

In addition, two Cid medals we'd normally get (see the other boards) were replaced with weaker Skill medals, and the Chip and Dale medals are not 6* but 5* only. Absolute garbage.​The Chesire Cat boards are six times cheaper yet about twice as good. This is a clear cash grab and abuse of NA F2P whales. Steer clear of these jewel boards and stick to the event boards.

That being said, the new event is really fantastic and I recommend grinding as much as possible with your mates.

Edited by Jared Pryatel

Wish I had known that before I used my jewels to buy the Alice dress.

No, the other premium boards are fine. They're cheaper and give better boost medals. I'm just talking about the new Zootopia ones. ​Especially since the Judy and Nick medals got nerfed.

If anyone needed to know, the Title Banners for the boards are simply Nick, and Judy.

I don't even understand this.​Like it's great that they're AoE. But you up the SP cost AND you change it from two tiers to one tier ATK up, whilst reducing the SP multiplier slightly? I want to slap whoever made these changes.

Biggest waste of money this game has offered yet.The outfit is nice, sure. The medals, however, are not. They are worse than the JP versions. It's now a 3 SP 6* damage buffer (that's right, the worst rank for a buffer right now) that does AoE damage instead of single-target, with a poorer SP multiplier (1.4 vs 1.47). You might say they got nerfed immensely.

In addition, two Cid medals we'd normally get (see the other boards) were replaced with weaker Skill medals, and the Chip and Dale medals are not 6* but 5* only. Absolute garbage.​The Chesire Cat boards are six times cheaper yet about twice as good. This is a clear cash grab and abuse of NA F2P whales. Steer clear of these jewel boards and stick to the event boards.

I thought Judy boosts your attack by 2 tiers for 1 turn?

Hmm... I wonder if they nerfed Nick and Judy because NA is getting them a lot earlier in the story compared to JP? As in, they didn't want us to have more of an advantage at 250 missions than Japan did... so maybe we'll see a boost in later medals (compared to their original JP stats) to make up for it.

...Either way, I love Zootopia and I've been sitting on my horde of jewels as I wait for BBS medals to drop, so I went ahead and bought the Judy board. If you're a big Zootopia fan, you have the jewels to spare, and/or you have trouble getting an Aerith medal, I don't think it's a bad deal. The costume is so cute and her tail actually twitches

I mean I really hate that it's 3000 jewels to unlock those which really sucks but I want to get them because I'm a competitionist but still I don't know if I want to waste 6000 jewels just to get two medals where I can spend half of that and get ten of them

I'm not sure which is worse, Square releasing them in the JP version via lux ranking or Square releasing them in the US version via paying jewels.

Also, I knew there would be nerfs, but this is more nerfing than Greninja has ever seen. Thankfully, being the smart shopper I am, I have not bought either boards because I wanted to know its details first. Thank you for making this post!!!

Of course the Zootopia medals got heavily nerfed.   In their JP form they would be essentially the best medals in the game for NA.  Judy's 2 tier boost for the entire turn for 3 leaves all the other buff medals available in the dust.  Nicks 1 turn buff for 1 AP also does so.  They had to nerf them, or release different Zootopia medals, or make them Gacha only.  One of the three, they chose the nerf.  

Clearly though they were super lazy and chose not to make different medals, and also they nerfed them too hard.  Should've at least made them as good as the current NA buff medals.  Instead their essentially worthless as anything but trophies.  But hey, early HP event medals were all trophies so NA has to pay their lumps lol

Edited by Emuemuman