Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Zerrick

KHUX And unchained officially became a wait to play.

Now that the half ap campaign is done, it's impossible to play continuously the way that square conditioned us to for the last month. Now we can only get 6-8 missions in tops before having to wait over 3 hours in order to get ap back, and now that raid bosses have been reset, leveling up with those guys are essentially nerfed, the hardcores have been shunted severely with this. I can only imagine how much of the total lux between all factions will drop.

This was obviously the intent from the beginning though? I mean, it's a strategy to incent microtransactions if you want to play as much as you did the first month. This is how mobile f2p games work?

This is how they make money, and they did an amazing job in their strategy. I saw it coming tbh  ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Now that the half ap campaign is done, it's impossible to play continuously the way that square conditioned us to for the last month. Now we can only get 6-8 missions in tops before having to wait over 3 hours in order to get ap back, and now that raid bosses have been reset, leveling up with those guys are essentially nerfed, the hardcores have been shunted severely with this. I can only imagine how much of the total lux between all factions will drop.

I'm pretty sure this will happen every month or so. It helps keep people active so they continually have something to strive for.

This was obviously the intent from the beginning though? I mean, it's a strategy to incent microtransactions if you want to play as much as you did the first month. This is how mobile f2p games work?

This is how they make money, and they did an amazing job in their strategy. I saw it coming tbh  ¯_(ツ)_/¯

well, it was definitely going to happen, it was coming from a mile away, but it doesn't help that they conditioned us to never having to wait, that's the part that upsets me, every f2p conditions you in some way; checking in everyday, giving you free cash, and bottlenecking progress, but this campaign made the game completely unrealistic as to what it would be a month from release. Going from stopping whenever you want to, to 6-10 minutes of gameplay then all of a sudden 4 hour wait time, it's insane. The bottleneck is too severe, then need to either decrease the time needed to get ap back substantially, or permenantly reduce ap cost on mission atleast by 1/4 atleast, especially for high end missions. The people that are going to spend money are going to spend money that's a given, go watch the South Park episode "freemium isn't free", literally draws a chart on where most F2P revenue comes from , heck i honestly thought the weekly discount was more than brilliant enough to keep even casual people making a purchase everynow and then, so there was no real reason to do things like this.

I'm pretty sure this will happen every month or so. It helps keep people active so they continually have something to strive for.

I honestly hope they just permanently reduce the ap, but if they do the half ap campaign every other month then they will surely notice how on the off months there is going to be a substantial deadzone when it comes to concurrent players, because no one is going to be able to play the game 12 hours out of the day if they decide to play for 10 minutes every 4 hours, the main goal of any F2P, online game in general, should be high concurrent users with more people playing at any one time that's more of a chance of larger number of people playing longer, seeing the deals, running low on medal space, needing to spend money on other things that will help them play the game not allow them to play in general.

I've been doing the "wait to play" thing anyways. So I'm not really affected by this.But anything just to put a stop to those darn hackers.

it's not really going to stop hackers, the way the hackers work is that they alter their profile and when the server checks their profile it takes everything from that profile and adds it to the server making the "false" information "true" information. the hackers don't have to play a single mission, if anything, this will just show the disparity between the hackers and legit players even more so, not that it wasn't already obvious.

this was the primary reason I rushed to complete the first 250 quests by tomorrow.  It was fun to be able to just sit for hours and play non stop, but we all knew it was going to end.  Kind of a bummer, but the first month was more of a gift than a look at the way things should be regarding AP

Yikes, talk about a complainer!!! I mean seriously, they give us the half-ap pretty much a whole month, and you start complaining the moment it ends. Theoretically, you can get through the whole game without paying a dime, and because having to wait for ap to reload irritates you shows that you are impatient and ungrateful.

Also, did you ever think that ap systems in app games are actually a good thing? It's a way for game developers to say "Hey, you've been playing for awhile, why not take a break and do something else?".

Its such a blatant profiteering move to reset the raid bosses the same day, gonna lose a lot of players today.

The half-AP campaign was just that.

Everyone should have known it was gonna end.

We also knew of the Raid boss resets every month. Some people had been warned about this prolly weeks ago.

Btw if you are complaining about the AP issue, feel free to waste some jewels to reset it.

They hand out jewels for free too you know, so gather 100 of them and pay up for AP reset, you got choices.

The game also offers you other ways to replenish AP. If you are close to leveling, trigger a raid boss to get enough LUX to lvl up thus resetting you AP. This game offers you plenty of ways to reset your AP, and yet people still whine about it.

As for profiteering, really? What game can run totally free of profit? Aside that, they even dare give our free jewels (not as much as JPN but still).

Edited by Vigamaniac

it always was a wait to play kind of game though. obviously the half ap thing was there to lure in new players and attempt to get them hooked. 

personally i think the wait to play model fits the game because i could only manage to get through 4-5 missions before i'd get bored and stop playing.

Just wait until they give you the All Quests 1 AP event like we have going on in JP.

You'll wish you could wait to play, burning all of your stamina is IMPOSSIBLE.  Its too wasteful, so much extra stamina overflow!!!! Ahhhhhh

Edited by Emuemuman

I hope i don't offend anyone with what i'm going to say.It's bullshit when u say u have options or telling people u have a reallife do sth else..I'm totaly fine with the ap costs within the story mode but all specials/events are way to expensive... u are able to run them around 3-6x(depends on ur ap ) and then ur finished. u played around 15-30mins and then u can wait around 4-8 hours till ur ap is refilled completly.

and also the lvl up refresh just works if u didnt reach lvl 200 yet.PLUS if u need around 30-40k lux it takes a while specially after a boss reset.AND there are tons of f2p games that works perfectly( hello summoners war) i never spend a penny and can play all day long, they give u daily ap , events when u can hort ap and a lot more... u can refill ur ap with crystals(here jewels) but the huge difference is. ur amound of jewels is very limited without the daily login bonus u are stick around 10k jewels. and if u are like me from europe u dont even have a chance to buy anything from store...(euro is not a sipported currency)

I agree with the complaints. It seems silly to just dismiss this as "Square Enix have to make their money somehow". I played up to Mission 110 or so with the Half-AP campaign and I wasn't playing the game constantly so I didn't really feel the full advantage of the campaign (oh well boo hoo me). Yet, the other day I decided to boot up the game, I had free time why not? My missions now cost 10 AP and I've only got a max of 45 AP. I feel no reason to spend 100 Jewels to restore my AP if I am some 100 LUX away from leveling up (which will only to fully restore the AP any ways), so I have to wait. It's frustrating that the cost of story missions are so high in AP if anything. I can understand for Events and Special Missions, but not Story ones. Now when I know I have free time to play the game I think, "what's the point? I'll only get to play 4 or 5 missions before turning it off again."

Unchained X is currently not doing much to hold my attention in terms of story and by removing the Half-AP campaign (or just having high AP cost missions in general) is doing nothing to help me try and give the game more of a chance. I know it's a 'standard' of mobile games to have some sort of stamina bar to prevent you from doing a lot without paying or waiting, but that doesn't mean it's an ok thing to implement. Companies need to stop following what other mobile games do and set a new standard otherwise people will always have the perception of mobile gaming being nothing more than a cash-grab.

I agree with the complaints. It seems silly to just dismiss this as "Square Enix have to make their money somehow". I played up to Mission 110 or so with the Half-AP campaign and I wasn't playing the game constantly so I didn't really feel the full advantage of the campaign (oh well boo hoo me). Yet, the other day I decided to boot up the game, I had free time why not? My missions now cost 10 AP and I've only got a max of 45 AP. I feel no reason to spend 100 Jewels to restore my AP if I am some 100 LUX away from leveling up (which will only to fully restore the AP any ways), so I have to wait. It's frustrating that the cost of story missions are so high in AP if anything. I can understand for Events and Special Missions, but not Story ones. Now when I know I have free time to play the game I think, "what's the point? I'll only get to play 4 or 5 missions before turning it off again."

Unchained X is currently not doing much to hold my attention in terms of story and by removing the Half-AP campaign (or just having high AP cost missions in general) is doing nothing to help me try and give the game more of a chance. I know it's a 'standard' of mobile games to have some sort of stamina bar to prevent you from doing a lot without paying or waiting, but that doesn't mean it's an ok thing to implement. Companies need to stop following what other mobile games do and set a new standard otherwise people will always have the perception of mobile gaming being nothing more than a cash-grab.

You having to do story quests with 10 ap and having 45 max ap means you aren't taking advantage of the avatar boards, either that or you aren't completing the mission objectives to receive avatar coins.

What I am saying is, if you are up to 10ap per story quest while you having 45ap max is underwhelming.

Also what level are you and how do you fare with raid bosses? Leveling up resets your ap back to max..

As mentioned above, the game offers plenty of ways to recoup AP.

There are ways to spend ap carefully too, especially when you want to reset it back to full.

For example: If you do Mission 57 (killing all heartless) x3 you will spend 18ap but spawn a Guard armor raid boss. Killing it will give you a lot of LUX (depending on it's level).

You could also do Mission 10 x 5 (kill all heartless) = 15ap wasted to summon a Behemoth raid boss.

You having to do story quests with 10 ap and having 45 max ap means you aren't taking advantage of the avatar boards, either that or you aren't completing the mission objectives to receive avatar coins.

What I am saying is, if you are up to 10ap per story quest while you having 45ap max is underwhelming.

Also what level are you and how do you fare with raid bosses? Leveling up resets your ap back to max..

As mentioned above, the game offers plenty of ways to recoup AP.

There are ways to spend ap carefully too, especially when you want to reset it back to full.

For example: If you do Mission 57 (killing all heartless) x3 you will spend 18ap but spawn a Guard armor raid boss. Killing it will give you a lot of LUX (depending on it's level).

You could also do Mission 10 x 5 (kill all heartless) = 15ap wasted to summon a Behemoth raid boss.

I'm filling up the Avatar boards as best as I can. While also getting 3-star on most if not all missions that I play through. My level is 58 and I've accumulated nearly 1900 Avatar coins according to my stats. I'm not stupid and I have been increasing my Keyblade Cost / HP / AP every chance I get through the boards.

It's fine that there are ways to reset your AP back to full (like leveling up), but it's unnecessary that story missions are the AP cost that they are in the later missions. If I want to play the game purely for the bare bones story that is present then they should not have made the Half-AP campaign something available for a brief period. Like I said previously, I think the high cost AP is fine for Events and Special missions, that makes sense as you are essentially grinding for stuff any ways. I just think the story missions are too high cost for what they are; short bursts that are often not very rewarding.

I'm filling up the Avatar boards as best as I can. While also getting 3-star on most if not all missions that I play through. My level is 58 and I've accumulated nearly 1900 Avatar coins according to my stats. I'm not stupid and I have been increasing my Keyblade Cost / HP / AP every chance I get through the boards.

It's fine that there are ways to reset your AP back to full (like leveling up), but it's unnecessary that story missions are the AP cost that they are in the later missions. If I want to play the game purely for the bare bones story that is present then they should not have made the Half-AP campaign something available for a brief period. Like I said previously, I think the high cost AP is fine for Events and Special missions, that makes sense as you are essentially grinding for stuff any ways. I just think the story missions are too high cost for what they are; short bursts that are often not very rewarding.

Obviously AP is a big issue for you right now, then focus on just that. You don't need hp nor cost nodes (at least every single avatar board's) as of yet.

Focus solely on ap for now. Take advantage of the event raid boss too. That'll get you some major levels and unlock more avatar boards.

The half-ap campaign is over but they still made it easy to reset ap with the new event. Yeah it costs 15 ap, and that means that if you are really unlucky with the eggs in the event then you will need exactly 45ap total to spawn a raid boss, just do enough dmg to lvl up and reset ap while getting avatar unlocks an coins. Just focus on AP, so play a little smart and you'll be fine.

If you are really desperate then use the mision 57 trick.

Edited by Vigamaniac

I'm only just now running into AP problems, and that's because I'm level 208 and it actually takes a large amount of lux to level now.It's a mobile game that's free to play, I dunno what anyone was really expecting. Just do something else for an hour or two, come back and spend all your AP, rinse, repeat. Trust me, you're not missing much in the storyline at this point (Agrabah is just oh so riveting..)

There's plenty of free to play mobile games that give you much more available ways to constantly play .

(An example of this is Summoners war, which costs 30 crystals to refresh and gives you constant crystals and energy for Pvp, raids, quests,to the point you can refresh multiple times without having to worry about stopping)

Right now I'm level 153 with 108 AP available, the quests cost approximately 13 a piece and give little to no experience.

The only exception to this is raid bosses.

I think the most efficient way around this is to increase the general experience you gain from quests so you level up more efficiently to recouperate AP, or reduce the 100 Jewel cost to recouperate AP to 30-50.

Maybe even making it so that when you level up ,instead of just maxing out your AP it'd simply go past the cap. (Potentially extremely strong for early game since raids could give 3-4 levels a piece in some circumstances)  But with any game; I think that being able to play anytime you want should be the option.  Putting money into a game should be convenient, but not mandatory simply to play.

But until then; I humbly suggest not powerleveling and instead abusing the fact your AP refreshes constantly early on. Leveling isn't a priority as much as the quests early.

Edited by YamaXenuz

I'm only just now running into AP problems, and that's because I'm level 208 and it actually takes a large amount of lux to level now.It's a mobile game that's free to play, I dunno what anyone was really expecting. Just do something else for an hour or two, come back and spend all your AP, rinse, repeat. Trust me, you're not missing much in the storyline at this point (Agrabah is just oh so riveting..)

Yup, but some people still wish to play 24/7 unhinged so what can ya do?

Also from that point on you will have to rely on raid bosses to level up further,