Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Soravids

Kairi's deleted KH2 outfit?

I think that was just a concept.

Since the Secret Endings are mostly concepts for future games in the series, they don't end in up appearing in the final version.

Terra, Ventus, Aqua, Xehanort, and Vanitas all looked the same in KH2's secret ending. Well, apart from the capes, but that's only cause they couldn't program them.

I mean, this unused version. Her real version doesn't remind me of Tifa.

I agree it's definitely more so in this version. But even her KH2 face and attitude reminds me of Tifa. Lol.

That outfit in that picture gives off some island girl vibe. I think it would been nice to see Kairi wearing island clothes.

I know! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE her KH2 outfit, but this one may be more fitting since she's an Island girl.

Edited by soravids

I know! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE her KH2 outfit, but this one may be more fitting since she's an Island girl.

Totally agree. It actually fits her very well. Maybe Nomura would make Kairi's new clothes half island clothes and half modern clothes. That would be awesome. 

Her outfit looks like Tifa's too.

I agree it's definitely more so in this version. But even her KH2 face and attitude reminds me of Tifa. Lol.

They probably scrapped that outfit design BECAUSE it looked to similar to Tifa. Thats what I think after all this anyway.

Totally agree. It actually fits her very well. Maybe Nomura would make Kairi's new clothes half island clothes and half modern clothes. That would be awesome. 

Maybe, but i hope it's more islander focused lol. Although her KH2 outfit is modern and it is awesome.

New fan theory: Kairi is Tifa's long lost little sister.

Lol, that would actually be cool, but thanks to Disney it can't happen. -_-

I'm ashamed that I am not aware of this until now...

That's awesome!

Isn't it though?

Eh, this outfit's too plain. Makes sense why it would go under a redesign.

Also, there's no reason to have a random flashback to Kairi in this outfit just to connect the dots. This is obviously just an early draft of the Kingdom Hearts II ending and nothing more.

Eh, this outfit's too plain. Makes sense why it would go under a redesign.

Also, there's no reason to have a random flashback to Kairi in this outfit just to connect the dots. This is obviously just an early draft of the Kingdom Hearts II ending and nothing more.

Early drafts don't get shown in completed games. It was her first KH2 outfit, and then Nomura changed his mind.

Early drafts don't get shown in completed games. It was her first KH2 outfit, and then Nomura changed his mind.

It does when its for a secret movie full of nothing but early drafts for ideas that haven't officially happened yet.

Nothing is set in stone at that stage in development. We don't call Lion-Kid-With-A-Chainsaw Sora his "first KH1 outfit", it was a prototype.

It does when its for a secret movie full of nothing but early drafts for ideas that haven't officially happened yet.

Nothing is set in stone at that stage in development. We don't call Lion-Kid-With-A-Chainsaw Sora his "first KH1 outfit", it was a prototype.

"Lion-Kid-With-A-Chainsaw" wasn't in a CGI scene in a completed game either. Look at KH2's secret ending for BBS. Pretty much nothing changed from that. Things like this don't go into CGI unless the director has decided it's concrete. That doesn't mean they can't change their mind because they did, but it at lest means that when that secret movie was made the plan was to use this outfit.

"Lion-Kid-With-A-Chainsaw" wasn't in a CGI scene in a completed game either. Look at KH2's secret ending for BBS. Pretty much nothing changed from that. Things like this don't go into CGI unless the director has decided it's concrete. That doesn't mean they can't change their mind because they did, but it at lest means that when that secret movie was made the plan was to use this outfit.

All of the aesthetics are meaningless without proper indication. Nomura may think ahead of the story with each new iteration but I sincerely doubt he has the entire script floating around in his head by that point. It takes years to develop the game just by the story alone and KH2 and the Final Mix came out in 2006 while BBS was released in 2010. Drastic changes could have been made in that process. In fact, drastic changes were already being made when the game was first coming out. Go back to the original trailers for BBS and you'll see that a plethora of scenes have notable dialogue done in different locations.

Bottom line: Kairi's outift was part of an early draft and there's no reason to use it again when Kairi already has a default outfit for II and there might even be plans for a new one in III.

Edited by Firaga Sensei

Oh wow, you know, I never actually had noticed that outfit when I saw the secret ending!  Hmm, most interesting!  It seems as though the design for Kairi's KHII outfit must have originally been planned to be a slightly different version of her KHI getup!  But hey, I'm happy with her current outfit, so I dunno, I don't really need this alternate outfit.  Although, if you could change a character's clothing in Kingdom Hearts III, then it'd be cool for this early KHII concept getup of Kairi's to make the cut! :D

Terra, Ventus, Aqua, Xehanort, and Vanitas all looked the same in KH2's secret ending. Well, apart from the capes, but that's only cause they couldn't program them.

Yeah but this is just a concept. Actually it just looks like Kairi's old KH outfit without belts and just a slightly different color scheme.