Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
xTheOnlyProdigyx

Do you want Multiple Playable Characters in Kingdom Hearts 3? If so reasons please..

I'd rather they just stick to Xehanort for the prologue and Sora for the main adventure. Having a Riku and Mickey section isn't a bad idea: it just limits the amount of content that Sora, Donald and Goofy have.

I feel that multiple characters are more suitable for a good multiplayer, while the story should focus gameplay on Sora. Don't get me wrong, I like the ideas of Riku and Mickey, but I feel like some cutscenes and meet ups between them are good enough. The gameplay in story should only focus on Sora.

While I like many of the other characters and their abilities, I prefer Sora as the only playable character and most likely always will since he is the main protagonist. I think including maybe one small section with another character is fine. In my opinion it would adversely affect the flow of the story of they divided the game into multiple segments with multiple playable characters.

I think it could be good eitherway, I think Nomura knows what he's doing, if he adds multiple characters, it'll be cool! Probably each one of them will have a very different fighting style! And if there isn't many playable characters, Nomura will make sure Sora gives us as much gameplay as we hope he will!

I wouldn't want a ridiculous amount of playable characters, but I definitely wouldn't object to a few characters like Riku, Mickey or Aqua being playable alongside Sora. No reasons really, I just don't mind.

I think there would be sections in the game that would allow you to play a different character. like if it's time for Mickey and Riku to go get Aqua from the realm of darkness. I would be pretty sad and disappointed if we get to play only Sora. I love Sora. a lot. but c'mon I'd be awesome to play someone else. and I'm kinda sorta hoping for Kairi to be one of the playable characters. We need more Kairi!

Maybe for special sections (like opening to KH2). Otherwise I think they should stick with Sora for the whole thing. He is the most important. He is the key that connects all as Yen Sid said.

Edited by Sorarocks93

Definitely stick with only sora, throwing in multiple playable characters would just disjoint the pacing if you were able to select them TVA style, I guess I could get behind return visits to Disney worlds being about another character since return visits usually don't play a big part in the main story, but if anything 80% sora, Donald, and goofy 10% Riku and Mickey, and 10% whoever else wants a dip in the PC pool if no one else then 20% for Riku and Mickey.

There could be a creative part of the game in which one guardian of light versus two seekers of darkness? That'd validate multiple playable characters?

I'd rather they just stick to Xehanort for the prologue and Sora for the main adventure. Having a Riku and Mickey section isn't a bad idea: it just limits the amount of content that Sora, Donald and Goofy have.

They have enough content just from KH1 and KH2 alone.

Let some other people have the spotlight for once, especially for those of us who don't really like Sora all that much and want to play as characters who we consider our favorites.

Edited by Firaga Sensei

Let some other people have the spotlight for once, especially for those of us who don't really like Sora all that much and want to play as characters who we consider our favorites.

It's been too long since SDG, especially Donald and Goofy has been out of the spotlight for these other characters. I'd say focus mainly on SDG and everyone else share 0%-5% of the gameplay pie.

Go play the side games for the other characters: that's what they're there for. I never said that there shouldn't be other playable characters period, I just think that having too many playable characters limits the adventures that Sora, Donald and Goofy have. If you don't like Sora, don't buy a game that's based on his adventure.

It's been too long since SDG, especially Donald and Goofy has been out of the spotlight for these other characters. I'd say focus mainly on SDG and everyone else share 0%-5% of the gameplay pie.

This guy know's what's good.

Go play the side games for the other characters: that's what they're there for. I never said that there shouldn't be other playable characters period, I just think that having too many playable characters limits the adventures that Sora, Donald and Goofy have. If you don't like Sora, don't buy a game that's based on his adventure.

This isn't just his adventure anymore. The story is no longer focused on a rag-tag group of individuals looking for their lost friends who just so happen to run into a crazed scientist-then-revealed-to-be-a-Heartless and his plot to obtain Kingdom Hearts, its an entire faction of warriors trying to take down a faction of super-powered bad guys who are set on global domination and universal chaos.

There are more people central to this equation, some who have gotten attention in the past but can reach new heights given their development (Riku & Roxas), some who are just starting to show what they have (Kairi and Lea), and some who are just too plain badass to pass up (King Mickey).

Plus, This game is going to run on next-gen consoles, the space is big enough for more than one campaign as long as SDG don't hog it all. 

This isn't just his adventure anymore. The story is no longer focused on a rag-tag group of individuals looking for their lost friends who just so happen to run into a crazed scientist-then-revealed-to-be-a-Heartless and his plot to obtain Kingdom Hearts, its an entire faction of warriors trying to take down a faction of super-powered bad guys who are set on global domination and universal chaos.

There are more people central to this equation, some who have gotten attention in the past but can reach new heights given their development (Riku & Roxas), some who are just starting to show what they have (Kairi and Lea), and some who are just too plain badass to pass up (King Mickey).

Plus, This game is going to run on next-gen consoles, the space is big enough for more than one campaign as long as SDG don't hog it all. 

Mate, you're asking for too much. Firstly, the PlayStation 4 isn't a wish granter. Look at Kingdom Hearts 2.8. Back Cover is only an hour long on the PlayStation 4 whilst 358/2 Days and Coded had 3 hour long cutscenes on the PlayStation 3. Unreal Engine 4 is a demanding graphical format and that comparison that I've provided should give you an understanding on the compromises that have to be made.

I'm not against multiple characters, I am just against multiple characters if it compromises on the gameplay of Sora, Donald and Goofy. They're the trio that travel to the beloved Disney worlds, makes the most of the game mechanics, and most importantly: that's what the general audiences cares for. The adventures of Sora, Donald and Goofy are the bread and butter of the series. Sure, the tragedies of the various characters and their involvement in the overall series is important, but as a numbered title, Sora needs to be front stage and center regardless of what happens in the series lore.

And besides, we'll have the obligitory prologue character (which points to Xehanort). And with Riku and Mickey's storyline: they may have a playable section. But any more playable characters with lengthy sections then compromise issues would inevitably occur.

Mate, you're asking for too much. Firstly, the PlayStation 4 isn't a wish granter. Look at Kingdom Hearts 2.8. Back Cover is only an hour long on the PlayStation 4 whilst 358/2 Days and Coded had 3 hour long cutscenes on the PlayStation 3. Unreal Engine 4 is a demanding graphical format and that comparison that I've provided should give you an understanding on the compromises that have to be made.

I'm not against multiple characters, I am just against multiple characters if it compromises on the gameplay of Sora, Donald and Goofy. They're the trio that travel to the beloved Disney worlds, makes the most of the game mechanics, and most importantly: that's what the general audiences cares for. The adventures of Sora, Donald and Goofy are the bread and butter of the series. Sure, the tragedies of the various characters and their involvement in the overall series is important, but as a numbered title, Sora needs to be front stage and center regardless of what happens in the series lore.

And besides, we'll have the obligitory prologue character (which points to Xehanort). And with Riku and Mickey's storyline: they may have a playable section. But any more playable characters with lengthy sections then compromise issues would inevitably occur.

These were my thoughts exactly :)

Mate, you're asking for too much.

No, I'm not.

I don't think it's asking too much for the final game in the franchise to go all-out instead of just resting on its laurels and just sticking to tradition. I believe Tetsuya Nomura is a more creative person than that.

No, I'm not.

I don't think it's asking too much for the final game in the franchise to go all-out instead of just resting on its laurels and just sticking to tradition. I believe Tetsuya Nomura is a more creative person than that.

I fully understand your wishes for having more than one character be playable in the series. I agree with a couple of the things you said, I do believe that Riku and/or Mickey should be playable at one point. Yet I don't think the entire game should be you switching back and forth between characters. For the side games it was perfectly fine, because it fit those titles.  Yet for a title like Kingdom Hearts 3 it shouldn't be like that, try imagining Kingdom Hearts 2 if you were switching back and forth between characters throughout the entire game. I feel like that would've sucked, sticking to tradition isn't a bad thing at all either. The traditional Kingdom Hearts battle & party system is amazing and fits the numbered titles very well.There's of course certain moments where I would love to play as a different character but if that happens I don't want it take up the entire game as I strongly believe that Sora should be the character you play as throughout like 90% percent of the game. That other 10% could fit in Riku and Mickey or a Young Xehanort in the opening or even any one else for that matter. I want multiple playable characters as much as the next guy but I don't want it to take away from the main character as that's what the side games were for. Overall I do think the numbered titles should have Multiple characters to play as, but If it takes away from the main character I don't want it as it doesn't fit a numbered Kingdom Hearts title.