Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

:(

Sevilla managed to win. Dude, do you think that was actually fair play? Like Sevilla actually did like 5 handballs and 2 fowls that were skipped in the first half, and Liverpool kept getting free kicks against them (and even yellow cards) for no reason. And of course, that "offside" gol, which wasn't offside, but the referee wanted to consider it such. To be honest, I think that even if it was fairly played, Sevilla would've taken it.

However, my brother and a friend were like really happy that Sevilla won (they're Sevilla supporters), but to be honest, I don't think I would be proud of this victory, it just wasn't fairly played, at least that's how I saw the match.

So, it's a shame that Liverpool lost, but I guess that's how it went and we have to deal with it xD

:(

Sevilla managed to win. Dude, do you think that was actually fair play? Like Sevilla actually did like 5 handballs and 2 fowls that were skipped in the first half, and Liverpool kept getting free kicks against them (and even yellow cards) for no reason. And of course, that "offside" gol, which wasn't offside, but the referee wanted to consider it such. To be honest, I think that even if it was fairly played, Sevilla would've taken it.

However, my brother and a friend were like really happy that Sevilla won (they're Sevilla supporters), but to be honest, I don't think I would be proud of this victory, it just wasn't fairly played, at least that's how I saw the match.

So, it's a shame that Liverpool lost, but I guess that's how it went and we have to deal with it xD

It was mixture of disappointment and anger for me last night after the game.

The referee was shambolic and I do feel a lot more decisions went against us than for Sevilla. I can see why we had our goal disallowed, but for Sevilla's 3rd goal to be flagged for offside only for the referee to say otherwise was the icing on the cake. If the handball against Firmino wasn't a handball then it still should've been a penalty for the challenge on him.

However, when you lose a game it's easy to blame the referee. While we definitely didn't get any bit of luck from him, the team simply didn't show enough passion in that second half. We should've killed the game by half time as Sevilla were very poor. Considering the teams we had to beat to get to the final I'm disappointed that Liverpool didn't try and go for it more.

I remember watching highlights from the Champions League final in 2005 yesterday and I could see that team were fighting so much to turn the game around. The Liverpool team yesterday didn't show that same desire. Despite Toure being absolutely solid at the back, our defence let us down (mainly Moreno).

It'll be more difficult for us to attract the best players now in the summer with zero European football next season, but that team will be ripped apart. It's not Jurgen Klopp's team. We've been heavily linked with a move for Mario Gotze, but even I have to wonder if he'll join us.

On a positive note, we have zero excuses to do poorly in the league next year. I'm proud of how the team played to get to the final and hopefully the experience will do them good. I'm disappointed even now, but I've followed Liverpool long enough to be familiar with the feeling. :/ Regardless YNWA and all that.

Edited by KHSoraKeyBlade

It was mixture of disappointment and anger for me last night after the game.

The referee was shambolic and I do feel a lot more decisions went against us than for Sevilla. I can see why we had our goal disallowed, but for Sevilla's 3rd goal to be flagged for offside only for the referee to say otherwise was the icing on the cake. If the handball against Firmino wasn't a handball then it still should've been a penalty for the challenge on him.

However, when you lose a game it's easy to blame the referee. While we definitely didn't get any bit of luck from him, the team simply didn't show enough passion in that second half. We should've killed the game by half time as Sevilla were very poor. Considering the teams we had to beat to get to the final I'm disappointed that Liverpool didn't try and go for it more.

I remember watching highlights from the Champions League final in 2005 yesterday and I could see that team were fighting so much to turn the game around. The Liverpool team yesterday didn't show that same desire. Despite Toure being absolutely solid at the back, our defence let us down (mainly Moreno).

It'll be more difficult for us to attract the best players now in the summer with zero European football next season, but that team will be ripped apart. It's not Jurgen Klopp's team. We've been heavily linked with a move for Mario Gotze, but even I have to wonder if he'll join us.

On a positive note, we have zero excuses to do poorly in the league next year. I'm proud of how the team played to get to the final and hopefully the experience will do them good. I'm disappointed even now, but I've followed Liverpool long enough to be familiar with the feeling. :/ Regardless YNWA and all that.

I must say something, the same way you know Liverpool a lot better than me, I know Sevilla a lot better than you (I'm from Seville, even if I don't like the team it's everywhere and you get to know quite a bit about it xD), and the second half was a mixture of Liverpool not playing great and Sevilla playing amazingly, which is something Emery (the manager) does a lot of the time. He knows how to tip the scales, so Sevilla managed to have an amazing second half.

And even my brother and my friend laughed at the referee for his awful judgement (them two are Sevilla supporters), so we all agree that the referee was terrible xD

Still think Germany won't take it. Yes they're strong, but they're a different squad to the one we saw back in Brazil. Half of them retired from international after that xD

From the qualifying games that I saw they're not as good as they have the potential to be. As for who I think will win? Honestly have no clue. I'm gonna go find an octopus to tell me.

Well, the first match of the Euros finished, and it's a good start! I think everyone expected that result, and I know everyone else thinks Germany could win, but I'm backing France. I think England could have a good run too. IF OUR MANAGER DIDN'T LEAVE BEHIND DRINKWATER AND LAMBERT

Well, the first match of the Euros finished, and it's a good start! I think everyone expected that result, and I know everyone else thinks Germany could win, but I'm backing France. I think England could have a good run too. IF OUR MANAGER DIDN'T LEAVE BEHIND DRINKWATER AND LAMBERT

France have a nice chance too! I spoke to my father about this and he pointed out that having the competition in France is a big advantage, which is true, and that added to France's team could make them win

Right, so yesterday was Group B's matches.

Firstly, congratulations to Wales, major congratulations! I watched that match and yes, they don't have alot of finesse but they knew how to win. I enjoyed that match, both teams were playing for it all, and it shows!

Contrast to England v Russia. This England squad is largely very young, and for alot of them this is their first tournament. And actually, England played well. They were effectively controlling the game for the first half. And we had a lot of chances, and at least three were on target. You can see that the younger players were hungry for goals, but it didn't translate. By my eyes, there were three major mistakes.

MISTAKE NUMBER ONE: WHY THE ACTUAL EFFING HELL WAS HARRY KANE TAKING SET PIECES?

This one is self explanatory. Harry Kane is a striker. And he's a damn good one. This isn't even me being biased towards Tottenham, the stats speak for themselves. And don't listen to the bullshit that he can't score for England, he CAN and he HAS. Harry Kane is a threat when he's in the box, he CANNOT take corners, he can't cross. He can't do that. So don't make him. If Hodgson wanted someone to take set pieces, he should have taking Townsend instead of a stretcher Wilshere. But more on that later. Rooney can take set pieces better than Kane, and Kane can make more chances in the box. Swap them over, it makes sense. Kane is also a GOOD finisher. Not like Lallana who bottles it. Kane has less caps and more goals than Lallana, again this is common sense, Cmon Hodgson use your loaf.

MISTAKE NUMBER TWO: Raheem Sterling. By the end of the first half it was clear that Sterling was dead weight. He wasn't DOING anything. You can go on about pace, but pace aint any good if you're not gonna do anything with it. He should have been subbed off in half time, even in the second half, the only thing he did was a few take ons. Hopefully he improves but he's been like this all season

MISTAKE NUMBER THREE: Our substitutions

This is all fully on Roy Hodgson. The timing of them was terrible. Rooney should have been subbed off around 60', maybe Kane too. The thing is, you can't keep up the pace we had for 90 minutes straight, which is why we need impact subs. Vardy could have run rings in the last 20/30 minutes, he didn't get much of a chance. Wilshere is not an impact sub, having played all of five minutes this season.

Milner is useless, he should have been left home, and we should've taken Danny Drinkwater and Andros Townsend. But now we'll just have to make do.

Positives: When we want to play good we can. If someone else was taking the set pieces then that game could easily have been ours.

Eric Dier (gorgeous bloke) , Danny Rose, Kyle Walker. They were very good. Excellent even!

Wayne Rooney did well in his role, he should keep it, but if there's a corner that needs taking he should be doing it, that and the fact that he should be subbed out around 60'. Otherwise good performance.

Lot's of shots on goal, this is good, we just need to convert those attempts to goals and we'd be a force.

I'd love to hear your thoughts, agree/ disagree. Please just say!

Right, so yesterday was Group B's matches.

Firstly, congratulations to Wales, major congratulations! I watched that match and yes, they don't have alot of finesse but they knew how to win. I enjoyed that match, both teams were playing for it all, and it shows!

Contrast to England v Russia. This England squad is largely very young, and for alot of them this is their first tournament. And actually, England played well. They were effectively controlling the game for the first half. And we had a lot of chances, and at least three were on target. You can see that the younger players were hungry for goals, but it didn't translate. By my eyes, there were three major mistakes.

MISTAKE NUMBER ONE: WHY THE ACTUAL EFFING HELL WAS HARRY KANE TAKING SET PIECES?

This one is self explanatory. Harry Kane is a striker. And he's a damn good one. This isn't even me being biased towards Tottenham, the stats speak for themselves. And don't listen to the bullshit that he can't score for England, he CAN and he HAS. Harry Kane is a threat when he's in the box, he CANNOT take corners, he can't cross. He can't do that. So don't make him. If Hodgson wanted someone to take set pieces, he should have taking Townsend instead of a stretcher Wilshere. But more on that later. Rooney can take set pieces better than Kane, and Kane can make more chances in the box. Swap them over, it makes sense. Kane is also a GOOD finisher. Not like Lallana who bottles it. Kane has less caps and more goals than Lallana, again this is common sense, Cmon Hodgson use your loaf.

MISTAKE NUMBER TWO: Raheem Sterling. By the end of the first half it was clear that Sterling was dead weight. He wasn't DOING anything. You can go on about pace, but pace aint any good if you're not gonna do anything with it. He should have been subbed off in half time, even in the second half, the only thing he did was a few take ons. Hopefully he improves but he's been like this all season

MISTAKE NUMBER THREE: Our substitutions

This is all fully on Roy Hodgson. The timing of them was terrible. Rooney should have been subbed off around 60', maybe Kane too. The thing is, you can't keep up the pace we had for 90 minutes straight, which is why we need impact subs. Vardy could have run rings in the last 20/30 minutes, he didn't get much of a chance. Wilshere is not an impact sub, having played all of five minutes this season.

Milner is useless, he should have been left home, and we should've taken Danny Drinkwater and Andros Townsend. But now we'll just have to make do.

Positives: When we want to play good we can. If someone else was taking the set pieces then that game could easily have been ours.

Eric Dier (gorgeous bloke) , Danny Rose, Kyle Walker. They were very good. Excellent even!

Wayne Rooney did well in his role, he should keep it, but if there's a corner that needs taking he should be doing it, that and the fact that he should be subbed out around 60'. Otherwise good performance.

Lot's of shots on goal, this is good, we just need to convert those attempts to goals and we'd be a force.

I'd love to hear your thoughts, agree/ disagree. Please just say!

I don't know the English team that well so I don't really know how good each player is at specific things (like Kane, I didn't know he was the best striker), but yeah, I agree that ceirtain players like Rooney did play well but were too tired from a ceirtan point onwards. Plus, I think Rooney's position on the field required too much running for him, he's too old for that xD

I'm not sure if England replaced all 3 players they could replace, but if they didn't that's their main mistake, their players weren't doing well in the second half, and having tired players is what made Russia score in the last minute.

Anyways, I think it'll be hard for England to not get past this round, the teams in their group aren't brilliant (Slovakia mainly, but they should still be above Wales and Russia).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Doing this to avoid double posting xD)

Posted Image

No offense Weed, but the match was awfuly boring, and Ronaldo messed up many times xD

Edited by XamtehwtMCTrece( ▀ ͜͞ʖ▀)

With all the Last 16 games this weekend, who do you guys think have the best chance to win?

Major props to Republic of Ireland, England, Wales and Northern Ireland for all getting through. Especially Rep. Ireland. The buzz this side of the pond when Robbie Brady scored was electric!

I can't see us beating France, but hey at least we can use the Henry incident in 2009 as a good source of motivation!

I've been impressed with Wales and Northern Ireland too. England are lucky to have gotten Iceland rather than Portugal imo. England have a huge problem of not being able to take their chances and finish teams off.

As for the rest of the tournament, I'm really glad it's such an open one. You really feel like anyone can beat anyone! It's also a big plus that Germany, Italy, Spain, France and England are all on the same side of the bracket. I'm glad they've allowed for more nations at the Euro's and the third place idea makes it all the more exciting going into the final group games! :D

I'm trying to find the right words to sum up that England game, but instead I'll steal my friend's: "That was the most inept performance by an international side I have ever seen. And I watched Cyprus beat Ireland 5-2."

Fair play to Iceland and I really hope you continue on and beat France, but that was simply embarrassing from England. Hodgson quit before he could be sacked in the morning too :/

In the words of Alan Hansen "shocking, absolutely diabolical"

You win nothing with kids!

I legit feel like England has a chance in these Euros... Even though they've been the reason for my tears in every international contest as long as I can remember ;-;you're welcome

HUE

Things aren't looking bright for Portugal, I don't even know how we got so far xD